Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) (37592 Views)

Mmesoma Ejikeme Gets Scholarship Sponsorship To The UK From Bitcoin Chief / The Ridiculous Fees On Rivers State University Portal / Overall 4th Best Candidate In The 2019 UTME Gets Scholarship (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by saphiere(f): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2021
Update: Young girl who was on the streets with a placard begging for her school fees, finally gets help

Read previous thread here

A young girl, Mellan Njeri, who was pictured trekking on the streets of Nairobi with a placard requesting help with fees has received help from well-wishers.

The help came a day after Mellan’s photos went viral.

WonderTV Media earlier reported that one Mellan Njeri was spotted in a school uniform on the streets of Nairobi begging for help regarding her school fees.

Njeri, clad in full school uniform, moved from one street to the other hoping to raise the school fees arrears of KSh 29,000 required for her to be allowed back into school.
Njeri is a Form Two student at Kihumbu-ini Secondary School in Murang’a county. As of yesterday afternoon, her efforts had not paid much though as she had not raised more than KSh 500.

That, however, is all be behind her as well-wishers led by a philanthropist, Ndungu Nyoro has today come together to contribute towards the teenager’s needs.

In a post on his Facebook page, the philanthropist revealed that he has received funds that will go towards clearing the balance so that the girl sits for her upcoming exams without worries. He disclosed that he had KSh 30,000 from one Dave Kim Kioko, which was enough to sort the arrears.

“We have also received KSh 10,000 from a friend in the diaspora towards the same, and another friend also sent KSh 5,000”, he wrote.

The good news does not end there as it emerged that the Affecto family had committed to seeing the brave girl clear high school.

In his words, that is a journey of friendship and faith that will, hopefully, bring a different story not only to Melanie but also to her mum and younger siblings.

“I pray one day her tears will be turned to tears of joy. Because she will overcome the shame of poverty. Kihumbu-ini Girls please take good care of our champ”, he maintained.

Earlier on, Nominated Senator Millicent Omanga had also expressed interest in meeting the girl and helping her out.

“Kindly share her parents’ contact if you have it or bring her to my office at KICC. I am going to pay her school fees, buy her shoes, and give general support,” she wrote on Facebook.

https://.com/update-young-girl-who-was-on-the-streets-with-a-placard-begging-for-her-school-fees-finally-gets-help/

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by saphiere(f): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2021
lalasticlala come and see tears of joy. May we all cry this kind cry IJN

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by saphiere(f): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2021
more

1 Like

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by saphiere(f): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2021
I'm so emotional right now. This thread has made me to fall in love with my self once more. I love my gender so much. God bless every female out there struggling to make it in life.

May God Almighty always come to our aid IJN

155 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by GuyWise(m): 10:43am On Sep 17, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Givers never lack, one day I will surprise Nlanders and share 100k to those in need.

A young millionaire is here.

190 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by GuyWise(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2021
saphiere:
I'm so emotional right now. This thread has made me to fall in love with my self once more. I love my gender so much. God bless every female out there struggling to make it in life.

May God Almighty always come to our aid IJN

You love your gender? But you didn't appreciate the gender that gave her the scholarship?

387 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by saphiere(f): 11:05am On Sep 17, 2021
GuyWise:

You love your gender? But you didn't appreciate the gender that gave her the scholarship?
Let me educate you small boy.

It was a family who gave her the scholarship not a man. Last time I checked, Family means 'a group' not 'a male'.

The good news does not end there as it emerged that the Affecto family had committed to seeing the brave girl clear high school.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Danjikanbauchi: 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
GuyWise:

Givers never lack, one day I will surprise Nlanders and share 100k to those in need.

A young millionaire is here.
God will grant your wish in Jesus name.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by nairalandankrah: 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2021
She despised the shame, now she has a scholarship.... But will this work in the zoo republic?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Geedy: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
Life is all about risk, had she hold back thinking of what the world might say about her, she probably won't get out of the
financial problem. Glad she took a bold step.
Na to try my own version remain. Maybe to look for transformer to climb gringringringringrin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by owobokiri(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kenyans Sha.. So after walking around those crowded streets, openly with that placard, they managed to drop just 500!?
Thunda fire devùú

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Maxymilliano(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
That is so nice but hope it won't encourage others to take same route ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Godfullsam(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
God will connect us all with our own helpers in Jesus name.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Ogamysamo: 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
Maxymilliano:
That is so nice but hope it won't encourage others to take same route ?
opportunity comes but once. any person do this one again maybe na 10Ksu e Go Get.

Moses lead The Israelite for 40yrs Im No Reach Canaan But When Joshua Come na Straight To Canaan Land

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Ogamysamo: 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
owobokiri:
Kenyans Sha.. So after walking around those crowded streets, openly with that placard, they managed to drop just 500!?
Thunda fire devùú
if na your place she come you for don start de look for your wallet wey lost ten years ago, sey na where you put the money wey you won give her be that. #critical criticizer#

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by owobokiri(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
Ogamysamo:
if na your place she come you for don start de look for your wallet wey lost ten years ago, sey na where you put the money wey you won give her be that. #critical criticizer#
Oponu!
I have trained professionals..
You think say na everybody dey beg for food like u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
This is so touching. Such a brave and determined young lady. May God bless her endeavours abundantly and that of the generous people who came to her rescue..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by slawormiir: 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ...
This sapphire of a baby girl is becoming too emotional
With her gender shit

How are we even sure the Kenya baby girl head dey book....maybe she was just looking for assistance in something else
Only using school fees to deceive the public

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by OutisComputers7: 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
When Africa is ready to develop she'll make Education free for her citizens.. only education can build a nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Hemanwel(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2021
That is the power of the social media.

BTW:

Sunday Igboho has won his case against the federal government of Arewa/Fulani/Bandits/Herdsmen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Chuukwudi(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2021
Nice one!!!
Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Xhuntra: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2021
saphiere:
Let me educate you small boy.

It was a family who gave her the scholarship not a man. Last time I checked, Family means 'a group' not 'a male'.

Mumu Notice me clown

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by dynicks(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
grin
Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by SuperNova33: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
She played the right card ... Any woman can play the same card and win especially when it comes to education.

She is still going to school in London just watch how it will play out ... congrats girl. Good moves there

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by WibusJaga: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2021

Good one. Hope we won't see many of our poor students enter street with similar format. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
Thank God! This is inspiring!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Girl Who Begged For School Fees On The Streets Gets Scholarship (Pix) by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
She fit nor know book o.
She just wan make person waste cash.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unpaid Polytechnic Lecturer Becomes A Bus Conductor In PH, Rivers State (Video) / "Hope For Chibok Girls" Drone An ABU Physics Student Made As His Project - PICS / Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.