Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain (43654 Views)

EPL Referee Anthony Taylor Is DEMOTED To The Championship / Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain / Oshoala Appointed Vice-Captain Of The Falcons As They Take Their Official Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Christiansen(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kevin De Bruyne demoted from role as Man City's vice captain after players' vote
De Bruyne is now fourth choice as the Premier League champions' captain, with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola allowing his players to choose their own skipper through a vote

Kevin De Bruyne has dropped to fourth choice as Manchester City captain following a vote by Pep Guardiola's players.

De Bruyne was vice-captain for the 2020/21 season, and often wore the armband with club skipper Fernandinho not always a first-team starter.

City boss Guardiola has allowed his players and staff to choose their captain since club legend Vincent Kompany departed two years ago.

And after the latest vote, Ilkay Gundogan is now vice-captain to Fernandinho, ahead of Ruben Dias, who is third choice and wore the armband against RB Leipzig in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

That means De Bruyne is now fourth choice, according to The Sun.

The Belgian playmaker has been a huge player for City since joining from Wolfsburg for £68.4million in 2015, having helped to club to three Premier League titles, five League Cups and one FA Cup.

But two of his last three campaigns have been disrupted by injuries, while Gundogan and Dias having been among City's standout players last season.

[quote] He was fine form during the 6-3 win over Leipzig, firing in the delivery that led to Nordi Mukiele's calamitous own goal that doubled City's lead.

Raheem Sterling was also not voted into City's leadership group, having been third choice last season.
Sterling lost his left-wing spot to Phil Foden during the second half of the campaign, although he returned to the starting line-up for the Champions League final defeat to Chelsea.

The 26-year-old has since starred for England in Euro 2020 and the recent World Cup qualifiers, and has been involved in every City game so far this season - although has only made one start.

Ruben Dias wore the armband for City during the win over Leipzig

SOURCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by saferoom: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Great
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Sonnobax15(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
cheesy
Eyahhhhh..

Well,as a chelsea fan,I don't know whether I should see this as good news wink. But why'd someone be happy over the demotion of someone? undecided.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by XaintJoel20: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
This is a wrong move by Pep. It will bring disharmony to the dressing room.
Pep should pick his choices to fill these positions.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by tobtap: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
undecided
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by MightyRod90(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
D
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by inoki247: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Abi Pep wan promote him to bench ni...

2 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Xscape047: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
No be small
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Moustache: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Politics at work...wetin the red man do them

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by visijo(m): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Side chicks are going through a lot.Imagine being faithful to a married man.�

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by kalvoken(m): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
If na pogba now, kasala go burst

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by pelepeleb: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Pray for Nigeria that God should give us His own leader in Nigeria come 2021 election and beyond. it is high time to stop trusting human. thanks be to God for God prove himself to us. Nigeria trusted human Buhari and we were seriously dealt with. killing of fellow human is not regarded as a serious sin, it is normal, no food, it is correct. kill cow, you are in trouble.History will never forget if we survive it. So let ask God for forgiveness first and ask him to give us our leader. Nigerian may not go to pole before God do it. God will show us mercy and answer our prayer. He will deliver us from fellow human that are deceiving us.
Amen.

8 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by nairalee(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
My favorite man city player.

Not all leadership positions should be done through elections o

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Admiral49(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Vote by the lads
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Matheusmartin: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Ihatemumu: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
I be Chelsea fan,
But if Chelsea win Mancity in their next encounter, Pep fit fight Tuchel oh, Already Pep don dey suspect Tuchel of Juju

33 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Bashnigga(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
They should've demoted Fernandindho not KDB

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Lamasta(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
De Bruyne has been battling with injuries this days so we need a consistent player to be our vice captain with respect to Kevin he is a skipper and a leader on the pitch whether captain or no captain.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by oluwaseyi0: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Normmu:
What did he doooo

Don't mind useless Nigeria sensational headlines

New captains are voted in by players, it's a yearly stuff for City

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by osamz007: 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
IF NA ME NA TO STOP THEY GIVE ASSIST

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Natural441(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Na there problem be that,

Pls if I don give anybody money here abeg pls return am,na beg I dey beg

7 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Calibrator: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
This is a clear case of bad belle in the Manchester City dressing room.

He is the top performer in the squad and no case can be made to validate his demotion on performance basis.

For the unitiated, De Bruyne negotiated his new contract himself without any agents or the input of a lawyer and his new deal is the biggest in the history of the Premier league.

Human are naturally preconditioned to hate on their betters.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
I kept on wondering what was happening during their Champions League match. Now I understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by EILTD(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
If true than Pep just signed the downfall of his team with his own hands. Sterling and Debryne are the two oldest players besides Fenandinho. If Fenandinho could keep his place as Captain due to seniority and performance then I see wayo in the so-called voting. How do I have a feeling that Debryne and Sterling clashed with Guardiola after the Champions League finals?

Coaches are known to appoint their Captains and Vice without sending anyone. Anyway wetin concern me.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Uniqueteco(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
Okay
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Scatterscatter(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
I feel like drinking garri with cold water, sugar and suya
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by blozzynonny(f): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
It's alright
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Bunnatex(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
He's such a great and complete player.
I believe he'll come back stronger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by yaksdavirus: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
KDB still remains the best player in the premier league no doubt.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain by Lamasta(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
osamz007:
IF NA ME NA TO STOP THEY GIVE ASSIST
See your head grin like pessi own

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President / Ronaldo's Employee Crashes His £1.8million Bugatti Veyron / 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.