Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

"i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson (12654 Views)

6 Nollywood Actresses Who Quit Acting For Marriage / Nnenna Nwabueze-okonta (merit) Returns To Acting After Over 2 Decades (pics) / Fred Nuamah Advises Yvonne Nelson To Quit Acting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by pappykay1(m): 7:54am On May 26, 2011
Asked whether she will quit acting after her wedding, the sultry actress answered in the affirmative, declaring that “I’m going to quit acting.” She disclosed however that she is planning to go into television and also, to turn a movie producer.

The actress is getting married in a four-day event this August. The court wedding on the 25th, the traditional on the 26th, the white wedding on the 27th, and the thanksgiving on the 28th.

If this report is to be believed, it means another talented actress is forsaking her blossoming career after getting married. Hopefully she's quitting because it's what she wants and not because she's being forced to. Will you be sad to see her leave Nollywood?

http://www.talkofnaija.com/news/i-will-quit-acting-after-my-wedding-mercy-johnson

Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by snowdrops(m): 10:20am On May 26, 2011
seriously doubt she can stick to this vow. besides wish her a sustainable and fruitful marriage
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by llemisy(f): 10:46am On May 26, 2011
am very appi for her ,i pray she ave a bearable mind to keep her home,,
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by hardbody: 1:09pm On May 26, 2011
Should i care?
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by sayso: 1:11pm On May 26, 2011
New ones are around.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by seedord247(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2011
Na Lie
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by werepeLeri: 1:19pm On May 26, 2011
I pray she quits-

We wont be forced to see those ugly boobies anymore and she will save us her cries in every of her movie.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by Tsun(f): 1:24pm On May 26, 2011
Happy for you Mercy. though will miss your face.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by Abayomin70(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2011
the girl dey scamm us
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by MissyB3(f): 1:29pm On May 26, 2011
Reh reh reh!
Whatever happened to all the ''Acting is my first love and I wouldn't give it up for anything''?
If she actually means it, it's quite sad; She's one of the talented actresses we have around. -1
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by wendieposh: 1:45pm On May 26, 2011
Acting is a forbidden fruit,once u take a bite,u're stuck for life.
Mercy,u go still act so stop longing things, whatever happened
to your music career my dear?
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by snowdrops(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2011
maybe she said this under pressure from the husband and/or his family. some people are quite uncomfortable seeing their in-laws being touched intimately on tv.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by Newest: 1:49pm On May 26, 2011
I pray she sticks to her words,cause i doubt if any man can take all those crap she those in movies
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by DaDoctor: 1:51pm On May 26, 2011
I PRAY SHE KEEPS HER MARRIAGE INTACT

NOLLYWOOD STARS DONT MOSTLY LAST LONG, ITS ONE CASE AFTER ANODA
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by JBL316: 2:04pm On May 26, 2011
[b]@pappykay1 :The actress is getting married in a four-day event this August. The court wedding on the 25th, the traditional on the 26th, the white wedding on the 27th, and the thanksgiving on the 28th.[/b]

, then wetin go happen on the 29th?
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by eghost247(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2011
thousands waiting to replace her in nollywood
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by namdo(m): 2:30pm On May 26, 2011
yes she needs prayer/s cool
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by chelseabmw(m): 2:44pm On May 26, 2011
Lies!!!!! Mercy Johnson
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by Nosyke(m): 2:46pm On May 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

I pray she quits-

We wont be forced to see those ugly bosoms anymore and she will save us her cries in every of her movie.
shocked shocked shocked
JBL316:

[b]@pappykay1 :The actress is getting married in a four-day event this August. The court wedding on the 25th, the traditional on the 26th, the white wedding on the 27th, and the thanksgiving on the 28th.[/b]

, then wetin go happen on the 29th?
she will be acting with her husband in Edollywood
grin grin grin
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by chines4(m): 2:56pm On May 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

I pray she quits-

We wont be forced to see those ugly bosoms anymore and she will save us her cries in every of her movie.

Guy that's one of her assets, And I think I will miss that, I don't know for other guys oo
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by johncasey1(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2011
ma gbe keke  e lo  a bae sere mo
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by doncampos: 2:59pm On May 26, 2011
@snowdrops, your right.

i think she is being pressured to quit acting to become a producer for an alternative. She will quit alright, for a couple months or yrs maybe, Produce a few movies while she's retired, get bored as a producer and then back to acting. She will miss showing off her boobbbbies and backside, while retired. I'm sure she will move up the ladder on the payscale after her wedding. She can take advantage of this, become a producer and do a little decent acting in her own movies without the kissing and all. I love M J and i wish her the best.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by rubi(f): 3:21pm On May 26, 2011
She can quit acting if that will save her marriage and that is what she personally wants not because of pressure from anyone. The only counsel is the one one counsels himself/herself

On the other hand she can choose a role that is a conservative if she still has passion for acting after marriage
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by ifemster: 3:37pm On May 26, 2011
Doowhutchyalike Mercy
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by bamaiyiO(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2011
Staying away from acting is to save her marriage because she knows no man will watch her do all those craps she normally do in movies.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by Pethan: 3:51pm On May 26, 2011
She's a talented actress i'll miss her, I wish her all the best
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by Meldrick(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2011
Thought there was this rumour around she was dating Gov. Oshiomole.  :oWell, don't be surprised, the first lady of a state won't go exposing those ''Her Excellency booobs'' on national TV. grin grin
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by juman(m): 4:12pm On May 26, 2011
Tsun:

Happy for you Mercy. though will miss your face.

Yeah.

rubi:

She can quit acting if that will save her marriage and that is what she personally wants not because of pressure from anyone. The only counsel is the one one counsels himself/herself

On the other hand she can choose a role that is a conservative if she still has passion for acting after marriage

Exactly.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by snowdrops(m): 4:15pm On May 26, 2011
Pethan:

She's a talented actress[b] i'll miss her[/b], I wish her all the best
u sure say na she you go miss or na her bobby?
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by chukzbook: 4:17pm On May 26, 2011
Nosyke:

shocked shocked :oshe will be acting with her husband in Edollywood
grin grin grin

lol grin
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by leahdee(f): 4:21pm On May 26, 2011
Also heard this rumour and besides,heard since last yr's August dat she was getting married 2an Edo prince.So finally,wc one we dey?Is this thread even true at all?
Am even tired of these MJ's stories,one after another,back and forth,finally don't know if she is d liar or d informants.
  God help us.
Re: "i Will Quit Acting After My Wedding" - Mercy Johnson by ObamaUS: 4:31pm On May 26, 2011
Every junk makes headline these days on NL, I wonder wetin concern person with whether she quits Bollywood

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of Dbanj When He Was A Student Of Nigerian Military School In Zaria / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Ready To Cast Out 50 Demons From OAP Out Of The 52 / Ten Famous Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.