Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? (14054 Views)

Is Roasting And Selling Groundnut Really Profitable Here In Lagos? / N-power Beneficiaries, Something Is Cooking For Y'all��� / 29 Ways To Make Money For Those Interested In Cooking And Baking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Ebookherbs(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
wow....

its a very good thing i ask before venturing into this business.

back to the table folks....

am just a regular guy that's wants to start cooking and selling nigerian moi-moi....

the thing is i dont have enough idear and how to run it...
i have read online that one can start this business with just only 5k.

to prepare moi-moi i will need to get brown beans and other delicacy recipes in which i will be using to cook it for a much better taste....

i really want my own moi-moi production to be world class and different from others in taste and in sizes...

well am some how still thinking if i should go ahead and give it a small trial..

i know it will work out and still be a sellout if i start getting more customers....

moi-moi sells daily and i also saw somewhere online that it sells faster than other small startup businesses....

the prize i will be selling the moi-moi will be #100 per one..

will be using small white nylon to package and sell.....

most people eat moi-moi with pap (ogi) ...

but the issue is that i don't have much experience on it because this is just my first time to start this business...

i just want to know if really i will make profits in cooking selling moi-moi...

well some people even calls it moin-moin...

but all the same because i just want to know the ups and down of the business before i can start...

please someone here with more insights and experience should help me out on this and share stories of how they started the business so i can be motivated enough to start mine...

the thing is am just a regular young guy and i have been contemplating seriously on starting a new business right now......

i need you guys comments....

well the thing is i really want to know if cooking and selling of moi-moi is really profitable here in lagos?

cheers?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Elsueno: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2021

Moi moi is dat yellow pudding made from beans right?

Well, the price of beans has increased by over 300%(edited) last I checked, Didn't u notice d sellers of moi moi reduced drastically.

Do more research sha

30 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by chatinent: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
You don't want to make it a bigger idea? Saving up to ₦20k? Renting a space. Putting chairs? Moving from moimoi to food vendoring? Even if it is only moimoi, making it a bigger idea? Bigger income?

32 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by chatinent: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
Elsueno:

Well, the price of beans has increased by over 600% last I checked, Didn't u notice d sellers of moi moi reduced drastically.

Do more research sha

If I hear say you no know moimoi, make I naked baff.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Ebookherbs(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
Elsueno:

Well, the price of beans has increased by over 600% last I checked, Didn't u notice d sellers of moi moi reduced drastically.

Do more research sha

hmm......
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by slawormiir: 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

Grab my weed to read comments

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by airminem(f): 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Yes!! There is a market for everything that will earns you profit. Just be a legit, honest hustler.

Just get a good workable plan

BTW, beans is 600 Naira in my area, Ikoyi

Nairalanders, How much is beans in your area?? wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by idholo96(m): 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by money121(m): 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Yes
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by FalseProphet1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Moi moi selling is very good, I remember some years back (about 15 or so) there was this woman selling ogi (akamu, pap) within that yabatech environment, it's was just ogi but if you see the kind of crowd that used to patronize her back then.

What was her secret, she added ginger to the corn and grinded them together and made the pap, so both elderly and younger people (myself inclusive) preferred hers to the regular pap on the street.

If you want your moi moi to be unique and make waves, you have to come up with ideas, don't make it the everyday regular moi moi we see around or else customers would treat it as such and you will see yourself complaining bitterly about how you're not making profits.

I see you making waves in this business.

This I have seen.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by ipobarethieves: 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
cool moinmoin is bae especially the HOT moinmoin garnish with crayfish,egg/fish.Whatever Ur hand find to do,DO IT.May God enlarge Ur coast

8 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by NobleSeed(m): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
I think those guys over there prefer agbo over moi moi cheesy
My thought though.
Any business you want to venture in the location matters alot .
No go they cook and sell moi moi for where you supposed dey fry akara ooh if you try am na you go dey eat am ooh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Ebookherbs(m): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
chatinent:
You don't want to make it a bigger idea? Saving up to ₦20k? Renting a space. Putting chairs? Moving from moimoi to food vendoring? Even if it is only moimoi, making it a bigger idea? Bigger income?

i need start from small first....

one can start a moi-moi business with just 5k but what i really want to know is that if the business is really profitable?

especially here in Lagos...
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by bigdammyj: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
Yes
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by SheikhMuniru(m): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
Yes.. but you need some spiritual things to it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Christane: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
abeg una wey don tey for d Moi Moi bizness ...u guys shud help a new comer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by CelestineNelson: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
I don't know oo but anything around students area sells like mad...

1 Like

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Ebookherbs(m): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
chatinent:

If I hear say you no know moimoi, make I naked baff.
hahahahaha
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by salbis(m): 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
May God bless your hustle.

6 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by chatinent: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Ebookherbs:

i need start from small first....

one can start a moi-moi business with just 5k but what i really want to know is that if the business is really profitable?

Anything food is profitable. It is.
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by RichThugg: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Depending on your location...

Like in my area, there’s this lady that finishes her filled big container of moi-moi on daily basis, except for sundays.... I noticed this.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Matheusmartin: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Whether it turn out well or not, i just want to commend you on this idea and being bold to try it.

5 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by bigjackass: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
If you focus on the spiritual benefits over the material benefits, then it is bloody profitable. Just like roadside akara.
what is the spiritual benefit of selling moimoi guy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Christane: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
SheikhMuniru:
Yes.. but you need some spiritual things to it
u don dey suggest juju Abi?

7 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by greenie77: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Very profitable.

1 Like

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by lasheun: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Very well o.
Na him my mama use send me go school grin

7 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Ebookherbs(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
greenie77:
Very profitable.
please tell me how?
Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by Goldenheart(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Generally, Food Business in Lagos is Blood Money...

Especially if you garnish your moi moi with the right ingredients and add small small egg, fish so that the moi moi won't be boring...

Then get nice packaging...
Forget you go sell like moi-moi wink

Who knows, I might even invest

3 Likes

Re: Is Cooking And Selling Moi-moi Really Profitable Here In Lagos? by BadNews: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
All the best to you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Ways Employees Get Fired / Please Help Me To Verify This Interview / How Far With FIRS Recruitment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.