Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) (41287 Views)

One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise / CBN Confirms Investigation Of Oniwinde Adedotun, Abokifx Founder / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by onegig(m): 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
This is classless by Emefiele but i agree with the CBN's decision to close down AbokiFx.

The question we should ask ourselves is. Where does AbokiFx get their information from? How is it aggregated? What are their sources?

What processes go into vetting the details? Do they have independent auditors?

Someone can't abitrarily sit down in the corner of their house and determine the exchange rate of a whole nation.

What stops AbokiFx owner, his friends and family from buying millions worth of $ at a price today and 3 days later hike the rates on their site only to resell at insane profits. They can do this rinse and repeat by just manipulating the numbers. How wpuld you the layman on the street verify such?

That's a federal and financial crime which can be liable to more than 20years in prison.

There's absolutely nothing pushing prices of dollar from 490 to 570 in the space of a month except speculation. No fundamental indicators, nothing . Not like the country defaulted on some big bad loans or we just experienced a magnitude 10.0 scale earthquake destroying parts of the country.

So what has been driving the prices up if not some players manipulating the market?

13 Likes

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Awoleesu(m): 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
myrrtle:
Everybody is this government is petty, just image a cbn governor acting like a clown thug
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by imustyan: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
I always laugh when I hear the CBN say things like "get fix from the banks"

Banks do not give companys FX! Apply for FormA and wait almost 10months for it to go through (if at all). Imagine 10 months... for businesses that need it monthly, where will companies get the FX if not black market.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by TenQ: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by JAWBONE(m): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I agree with the CBN Governor on this.

You can't just sit down in the UK, speculating about the naira, telling us you're getting data from abokis on the street.

The CBN should treat BDC operators still buying and selling dollars like a terrorist group. Only banks should be in charge of buying and selling of dollars and must be fully monitored by the CBN.

You obviously have zero economic knowledge

Do You think Macho man approach can solve economic problems

3 Likes

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by upengineer: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
The last time I checked, www.abokifx.com is a privately owned website and the owner of the page usually put an addendum at the bottom of the page. I never heard that he forced anyone to accept his rate. Why is CBN blaming him. Most of the street sellers don't know who abokifx.com is. It is not only abokifx.com that gives rates, there are other websites too that displays exchange rate, Why is CBN governor engaging only abokifx.com. CBN governor should come up with a better way of handling the situation

14 Likes

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Jetland(m): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Please carry this your foolish and useless explanation comot my front.

Sw!ne!!
You have problems

1 Like

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

You can't just sit down in the UK, speculating about the naira, telling us you're getting data from abokis on the street.

The CBN should treat BDC operators still buying and selling dollars like a terrorist group. Only banks should be in charge of buying and selling of dollars and must be fully monitored by the CBN.

You are correct, abokifx is acting like a central bank on its own.

Fixing price and calling price, even remittance apps and xe.com all follow the official CBN rates

What aboki fx is doing is what we call economy sabotage

1 Like

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by henryobinna(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Paxxcarl:

Govt should Make dollars easily available to masses and designated banks
on paper this seems to be the solution but in reality it won't work because the problem is bigger.

See the demand for dollars is higher than what the CBN can supply. If the CBN lifts the limit already placed on the amount of the dollar businesses are allowed to get, the CBN would quickly run out of dollars which would result in a much wores crisis than what we have because there won't be a single dollar. Anyone available would be sold at a premium price.

The reason the CBN doesn't have enough dollars is because the country in general doesn't earn enough dollars. Remember a huge chunk of it is already being used for importation of crude oil products.

Baba the problem is big and it didn't start today. It's a result of the decades long mishandling of the economy.

5 Likes

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Newboss(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

He is not speculating about exchange rate. He does market research on how much aboki sold and bought foreign currencies on specific dates. Even newspapers do the same every day.

It's simple data analysis. BDC is established and licenced in Nigeria to deal on foreign currencies. CBN does not sell to them, hence they decide how much to buy and sell. Abokifx simply publishes what it heard from the street.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by CyberWolf: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
Instead of this idiot to approach the National Assembly to enact a law prohibiting BDC, you are there capping nonsense. You banned BDC yet they are there in their thousands in the heart of FCT, Sheraton Hotel area to be precise, right under your nose.... We like deceiving ourselves so much in this country.

5 Likes

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
upengineer:
The last time I checked, www.abokifx.com is a privately owned website and the owner of the page usually put an addendum at the bottom of the page. I never heard that he forced anyone to accept his rate. Why is CBN blaming him. Most of the street sellers don't know who abokifx.com is. It is not only abokifx.com that gives rates, there are other websites too that displays exchange rate, Why is CBN governor engaging only abokifx.com. CBN governor should come up with a better way of handling the situation

Who told most of the aboki don't know about abokifx,that's is where they check rates.

If international remittance apps can follow the cbn official rate, then who is abokifx, they are sabotaging government efforts in having a unified exchange rate
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Then why do they still keep selling to the same black market traders?
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
BetBuilder365:

Then why do they still keep selling to the same black market traders?

They have banned sales to the black market, they are now illegal
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Depressed101: 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

tell that cbn to provide fx for us and not for his friends and cronies.. Tell him also to sanction banks as well because they don't give us fx as much as is needed, tell him to tell the banks to remove the $100 cap on ordinary Nigerians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by KazikageSama: 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
post=105915012:

Did you really call it speculation Sir? No, the figures are not speculated, they are actual figures based on input from sellers and buyers. That I can tell you.

Also, CBN freezing his account to attack the website makes no logical sense. If you have a case against the website, then approach a court of competent jurisdiction and request for the site to be flagged down or blocked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
Newboss:

He is not speculating about exchange rate. He does market research on how much aboki sold and bought foreign currencies on specific dates. Even newspapers do the same every day.

It's simple data analysis. BDC is established and licenced in Nigeria to deal on foreign currencies. CBN does not sell to them, hence they decide how much to buy and sell. Abokifx simply publishes what it heard from the street.

BDC is now illegal.

So abokifx is doing market research from the wrong sources.

I understand that the sites compiles different exchange rates of different bdcs but at this moment since bdcs are banned, what abokifx is doing is illegal

1 Like

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Depressed101: 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
captainamiedi1:
You guys are mad or something. Do you know the stress to open a dom account in Nigeria?? Why do I need 2 reference to open dom account in the first place?? Pls review your policies. Why do I need to spend hours to days b4 I can get a f**king dom account??. My colleagues in other countries didn't even sweat to open one but here in Nigeria is madness
why is our dollar spending capped at $100,? The questions and problems are countless, but abokifx.com is not one of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by shiwex: 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
uptownmusic:
Governor makes sense on this.
What sense? Explain? Is Nigeria the only country with such websites?
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by DrOladipo: 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
I believe AbokiFx aggregates data from various sources and publishes it. The question is if there is an issue of data integrity then the CBN has every right to bring them to book. I buy online and report what I was charged through my bank to Abokifx and he publishes it how is that a problem?

A scenario which is not directly related to this is John Hopkins Hospital publishing Corona Virus related outbreak data (Death, recovery, vaccination etc) in the USA, as much as these reports create a lot of panic are we going to say getting their data from local health departments and hospitals is wrong?

Our government need to channel energies appropriately. Go after the real saboteurs!

2 Likes

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by JohnSin97: 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
The stupid emefile won't say this thrash if aboki fx was owned by a northerner.

2 Likes

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by SarkinYarki: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

You are not very smart

1 Like

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Ayemileto(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

It's not speculations sha, because even some banks use 570/$, and as a matter of fact, they list rates for different banks and from personal experiences, the rates quoted for different banks are usually correct.
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by JohnSin97: 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
Nairaland is full of apes. Jisus fvck
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Depressed101: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
rajiedreez:
This little things we overlook goes a long way in shaping the fiscal economy. People believe any info on their platform and so giving them the power to manipulate and determine the fluctuations according to their desires
oga abokifx.com is not a bdc. They go to the street, and find out how much fx is sold for everyday and post on their website, it's cbn you have to ask why the rate on their website is different from what aboki sells on the street... Until emefiele answers that question he still remains the most wicked cbn governor I have ever known...

1 Like

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by pipnator00(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
So na one website wey we barely know be our problem Oga CBN Gov?

I think you can do better than this! If we had floated the Naira when dollar around 1$ to 300NGN, maybe the price would have stablized by now around 600NGN to 1$ and CBN wouldnt have more problems.

But for now, due to accumulated demands for dollars over the years, if we should float the Naira now.. It will surely hit NGN1500 to 1$.

No matter how we keep postponing this, (the pressure on Naira is too much) we will evetually suffer pain of heavily undervalued Naira due to floating.

Naira will eventually float but mehn, e go rough!!!

Everyone buckle your shoes because e no go easy!!!!

1 Like

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by CyberWolf: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

They have banned sales to the black market, they are now illegal
It's illegal yet they operate in the their thousands in the heart of FCT and other States unhindered? Who is deceiving who?
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by CrazyGranddad(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Why not ban abokifx the way Twitter was banned?
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Newboss(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

BDC is now illegal.

So abokifx is doing market research from the wrong sources.

I understand that the sites compiles different exchange rates of different bdcs but at this moment since bdcs are banned, what abokifx is doing is illegal

BDC is NOT illegal. You can check that again. CBN just no longer sells currencies to BDC. BDC source for their own currencies.

Abokifx is about BDC rates. Hence, not wrong source.

1 Like

Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by AsawanaDgreat: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2021
Fight as per AJ, Wilder, or Fury
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Ezmans: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

majority of them are from Niger republic
Re: AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) by Aboguede(m): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
Shamful write up

You actually wanted to sound intelligent but the shame u just omitted is smelling shocked

GeorgeTheCoder:

Seun should make serious attempts restrain stupid people like the one above from commenting on his forum.

How on earth can AbokiFx be the problem ?

Not Boko haram and terrorism, not a mannequin leader who rarely addresses the nation, not a an absentee finance minister, not reduced inflow of investment, not increasing poverty, not a customs service that is out of control, not the lack of an economic team or clear policy direction, not arbitrary borrowing without end to build railways to economically dead countries ...

Not all those, but AbokiFx - a website run from London that almost nobody outside tech and a few dealers has heard of.
The naira is collapsing because Buhari's team is incompetent. Period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Long Queues As Residents Rush For New Naira Notes In Kano (pics) / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes / Remains Of Herbert Wigwe, His Wife & Son In Church For Funeral Service (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.