Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Sad Experience With VIO Today - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sad Experience With VIO Today (27757 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Chechem: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:
On my way back from work, driving on a highway, I noticed two cars reversing. This is usually a sign of FRSC officers ahead but i couldn't see any so I trottled on.

A short distance ahead I sighted a police van then I came on VIO checking. I was told to pa4k which i did and the checks started.
They checked my tyres then went to my papers. The lad then said my papers look suspicious and went ahead to send my plate number to his office to authenticate my papers.

After a delay of close to an hour, hia affice called and he told me the data they have with them shows my papers ought to have expired in february 2021 but what i had with me is to expire in february 2022.

Arguments ensued and I was told the fine is 50k. I have a lot to do with the car next week and besides children's school's resuming so i couldn't allow them take the cqr to their office.

To cut a long story short, I parted with 40k to the lad and gave him 10k to get me authentic papers by monday next week.

The said 'fame papers' was issued to me at Board of Internal Revenue office in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Stage, where one is to renew his papers. I actually got there and gave a lady i was introduced to the money and she went ahead to make payments- as i assumed, and gave me the papers.

If a government agency can issue fake papers and a sister agency collect penalties what's the hope for Nigeria?

Honestly i don't think i can let this slide i have to pursue this matter, only wish i can vividly recognise the lady that got me the papers at BIR.

This is my worst experience on the road so far and ita happened when i need money. Sad!

Next time don't give any agent money, most of them have their own fake printed papers and receipts. They will collect the money, get to their houses and write them for you...

Work into the agency, locate their Motor Licensing Administration office, they will attend to you within minutes. The funny thing is that, it will be cheaper that going through agents.

I work with a State Revenue Service but not in your State. I would have thought those VIO officers a very bitter lesson.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by patrick2015: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
They did same with me on Tuesday. I insisted that their colleague that did the paper must be arrested before I pay. I threatened everyone that heard the gist. Finally, they let me go after two days and asked me for money for drink, I give them 3k

2 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by omojesu202(m): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

Thanks

Oga you no try at all.
I'm angry with you.
40k just like that.
Them chop you Mugu. Sorry ooo.
Next time either reverse as others or play them.
Get photocopies, stop, give it to them. If you're not sure of your papers give them like 2k and move on. If they refuse, pretend to wanna bring another paper then try to drive off. Vio no get joy. Once you stop they must find an offense. It is a must.

3 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by marsup: 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sorry.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by kingskim(m): 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hey Nairalanders. Can I get a loan from anybody here of 150k to pay 200k in 2 months??. No loan app can borrow me such
Please it's urgent. I can show you anything you want so that it will convince u that I can pay it off. Bank statement from January 2021 to September 2021. Anything at all. I'm not a salary earner but rather self employ. Please I need urgent reply
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by K4diamond: 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
For every vehicle document renewal,you get a text message as confirmation of payment also you get a renewal notification which shows authentication of such document, if otherwise it is fake.

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Awoleesu(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
I feel your pains Man!

It's well reflected in your typos and write up that you're aggravated!

I think you were caught in the trap of the tricks of most uniformed personnel in Nigeria! They play on your mind, fears and timing... That, I guess is why you failed to verify if truly that VIO guy made a call to their HQ, and if truly the response he got was the same thing he relayed to you!

Or, did he issue you an official receipt of payment?

Those guys are bastards! They can guess who's in a hurry to pay and move on, and those are the very ones they prey on!

Thing is, you don enter this one already... This is naija, so I advise you let it go (else you may be courting more shits). Learn from the sour experience so next time, you'll see the wisdom in following suit those drivers who put their cars on the reverse...
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Idlawz: 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:
On my way back from work, driving on a highway, I noticed two cars reversing. This is usually a sign of FRSC officers ahead but i couldn't see any so I trottled on.

A short distance ahead I sighted a police van then I came on VIO checking. I was told to pa4k which i did and the checks started.
They checked my tyres then went to my papers. The lad then said my papers look suspicious and went ahead to send my plate number to his office to authenticate my papers.

After a delay of close to an hour, hia affice called and he told me the data they have with them shows my papers ought to have expired in february 2021 but what i had with me is to expire in february 2022.

Arguments ensued and I was told the fine is 50k. I have a lot to do with the car next week and besides children's school's resuming so i couldn't allow them take the cqr to their office.

To cut a long story short, I parted with 40k to the lad and gave him 10k to get me authentic papers by monday next week.

The said 'fame papers' was issued to me at Board of Internal Revenue office in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Stage, where one is to renew his papers. I actually got there and gave a lady i was introduced to the money and she went ahead to make payments- as i assumed, and gave me the papers.

If a government agency can issue fake papers and a sister agency collect penalties what's the hope for Nigeria?

Honestly i don't think i can let this slide i have to pursue this matter, only wish i can vividly recognise the lady that got me the papers at BIR.

This is my worst experience on the road so far and ita happened when i need money. Sad!
Firstly, which state number plate are u using?
Secondly, there are two platforms to check the genuinety of ur registration which is Autoreg and Vreg depending on which state u are carrying sir. Which u can check easily by ur sef

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by harqinhola(m): 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
You've just been scammed !! Nothing was wrong with your papers .
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by ImaIma1(f): 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

Instead of them to go after supposed govt officials who issue fake papers, they still obtain from the innocent citizens further.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by SimplePlan34: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
VIO PAPERS ARE 6 Months while others 1 year so make d calculation the time u payed to a year from then. It's certainly looks like u were played.

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
LASTMA and VIO need to be dealt with just like the Police during #ENDSARS
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by aktolly54(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

The options were simple, part with the money or leave your car till you provide who gave the papers, have too much to do with the car next week; this is weekend.
why not go to their office and pay genuinely 50k instead of bribing 40k , thats very bad of you and because you don't have anger problem like me. I will always weight my option first before I make my decision. After all they won't seize my car. Assuming you give them half of the money as bribe is still OK. I had similar experience too but its INSURANCE paper that is fake that time and the penalty is 5k I told them to collect 2k but the man insist 3k then I will rather go their office and pay 5k to govt purse
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Bngf: 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Really
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Drsnives(m): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

Those vio don scamm you.. i work with them in the same ofdice here in delta state.
Them dea look face once you give in to fear forget them must find something take hook you
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Biggcake: 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

I saw the combine team of road safety officials and a mix of Nigeria police and civil defense along Oron road after shelter Junction...

I was flagged down, which I obeyed... The next thing, one of the road safety officers pointed a scanner at my number plate for about three minutes, and then walked up to me and called me by name... I was astonished, because I don't know him from Adam. When he noticed how surprised I was, he quickly told me that he got my details from the scanner, that my papers are up to date....

So off I left...
Ensure you find the lady and deal with her.

5 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Biggcake: 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2021
soloehis:
well this is Nigeria anything is possible..sorry about that.I will send u an autoreg link where u can check your papers ur self to know if ur documents were renewed… I wrote it down some where, let me look for it..also make sure your number plate is on FRSC data base..that’s another way police are using to extort Nigerians..stay blessed

Please send the autoreg link to me too... Thanks
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Mophor: 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2021
Comedian2019:

Post it here pls. We all need it.

Www.verify.autoreg.ng
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Mophor: 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
Biggcake:

Please send the autoreg link to me too... Thanks

Www.verify.autoreg.ng
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Biggcake: 10:25pm On Sep 17, 2021
Mophor:

Www.verify.autoreg.ng

Thanks very much...
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Terry44: 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
You see that Secretariat it is not advisable to conduct any form of transaction with those guys there at all.... They don't remit payment to the govt or agency account.

I was issued a fake insurance paper there.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Cowbell521: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
soloehis:
well this is Nigeria anything is possible..sorry about that.I will send u an autoreg link where u can check your papers ur self to know if ur documents were renewed… I wrote it down some where, let me look for it..also make sure your number plate is on FRSC data base..that’s another way police are using to extort Nigerians..stay blessed
quote me when u find it
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by cletz991(m): 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
Bros you looseguard
Firstly don't ever stop for any govt law enforcement when nor carry gun
As I de see them i de roll up my car windows[b]
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by ufuosco: 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
I experience same yesterday oo, I pay 25k for roadworthiness that just expired two weeks ago.. VIO are the most wicked set of people have experience...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Kurtis02(m): 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
They played a fast one on you. Saw them today at Oron road close to Uyo high school. I usually don't stop for them anyway.

Those guys just conduct surveillance to milk motorist. The ones that check vehicles along champion breweries are worst.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Burgerlomo: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
ichidodo:
You saw cars reversing and you didn't follow them to do so? What if there was armed robbers ahead on the ambush?? Driving is all about being alert to the going ons in your surroundings..Next time you see people running away,driving away or reversing away from a particular direction, pls follow suit..

Don't mind him, the two cars that are reversing is a clear sign that there's a kind of danger ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Richie77: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
Vickyvice:
I don't stop for v.i.o . I repeat, don't stop for em
You are not alone.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by stagger: 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
I always renew my papers at VIO head office in Mabushi. That way, nobody can talk any story. If not we go drag am forever.

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by jaxxy(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

These people are all criminals and they are working together. Did u issue ur papers urself? If it actually expires in February 2021 bt what was on it was 2022 then it’s not fake it’s just has an error or maybe even typo.

If this is the case the fault is not from u but them do why should u be penalized for that??

Get a lawyer to address this matter or go to their office and take up the matter with their head of dept. These people are a professional government criminal syndicate gang asfar as im concerned.

They will be exposed.

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Homextras: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
wordychap:

This must really hurt. If you can find a way to DM me I can send you something to cover the unexpected expense you made. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by ubee(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Why on earth would you give away that amount of money if you are sure that you did not knowingly obtain falsified particulars? It just doesn't make sense.
I can understand if you decided to give an amount like 10k to escape those demons, but 40k? Haba! Did they point guns at you? In fact da! Be truthful now, you knowingly falsified your papers abi?
wordychap:

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by naijadrivablog: 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
ichidodo:
You saw cars reversing and you didn't follow them to do so? What if there was armed robbers ahead on the ambush?? Driving is all about being alert to the going ons in your surroundings..Next time you see people running away,driving away or reversing away from a particular direction, pls follow suit..

Op na JJCsmiley Now they have left him behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry / FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars / Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.