Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name (843 Views)

Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name by oluwaseyi02(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Chelsea academy product Oluwafikayomi Tomori has not forgotten his roots even though he is cap-tied to England, where he grew up.

The central defender was born in Calgary, Alberta to Nigerian parents, making him eligible to represent the three-time African champions and Canada prior to his competitive debut for the Three Lions in a European Championship qualifier against Kosovo in November 2019.

Around two months before his senior debut for England, Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnik monitored Tomori from the stands as Chelsea were held to a 2-2 draw by Sheffield United in a Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge a league game versus Sheffield United.

When asked the meaning of his name, Tomori told DAZN via Milanpress.

"My name is Nigerian and it means God has filled me with joy, it is typical in Nigeria to give such names.

"I feel very Nigerian, when I was little my parents spoke to me in the local language and I ate typical Nigerian food".

When Tomori made his debut for Canada youth teams vs England U20s in 2016, he played against his good pal Ola Aina, who later switched his international allegiance to the Super Eagles.

AC Milan is where Tomori now plies his trade, joining the Italian giants after a fifteen-year association with Chelsea.

Cc
Ishilove
Seun
Lalasticlala

Source
Allfootballapp.com

1 Like

Re: 'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name by Great100000: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2021
Nice One.

Tomori is my Nigga.
Re: 'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name by Olarewaju89: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2021
Nice one Tomori
Re: 'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name by kenzysmith: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2021
As south gate no reason ur matter u come dey remember Nigeria make thunder gbua GI di ya

1 Like

Re: 'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name by WibusJaga: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2021

That he knows the meaning is no big deal.
He is no longer eligible to play for Nigeria.
Re: 'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
kenzysmith:
As south gate no reason ur matter u come dey remember Nigeria make thunder gbua GI di ya
wahala grin grin grin
Re: 'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name by allen113: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2021
Decent player

(1) (Reply)

Tyson Fury V Deontay Wilder III Livestream / Chelsea v Liverpool (10-11)pen Full Highlights Carabao Cup / Reasons Why Arsenal Could Replace Chelsea In The Champions League Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.