Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers (32501 Views)

Sokoto To Buy Motorcycles Worth N155m For Islamic Preachers / Use Your Influence To The Advantage Of Nigerians, Osinbajo Advises Outgoing Govs / Don’t Spend Your Life Sleeping Outside Power, Osinbajo Advises Outgoing Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by IMISSABROAD(f): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2021
Loading!!! What taxes should Muslim preachers pay Mr mere Commissioner.

Islamisation Tax. Knowledge Will not live me.

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 18, 2021
Only to talk nah him this one Sabi....No wonder the Northerners see him as Rat
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by ntyce(m): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2021
And you claim Buhari is the problem?

Walahi, illiteracy is the problem...

I wonder how many people here passed English or even General knowledge...

A 7 year-old knows what he meant...

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by DimIsaac10(m): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2021
Any religious groupings making profits should pay taxes.. It's not being harsh.. Why should they be exempted?.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by chatinent: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2021
It will end up in pastors adding more sowing-seed avenues in the church.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2021
superCleanworks:

you will not understand it because our dear DADDIES have cleverly never mentioned that part of taxing
which they are supposed to fulfil. they only hammer on the ones you are supposed to pay.
You are not serious.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by CaptainFM1: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:
Loading!!! What taxes should Muslim preachers pay Mr mere Commissioner

Terrorism Tax
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 10:36am On Sep 18, 2021
lexy2014:

He means that his govt has come up with a way to tax churches which they will call pentecost tax
I laff. What of if I am not a member of pentecostal movement? Let say I am an Anglican?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by tonyshine01: 10:37am On Sep 18, 2021
And you will nolonger borrow?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

None cos they don't make there. Their zakats are given to the needy directly, so no way imam can be rich through people's wealth. People are quick to compare the church and mosque whenever tax is !mentioned forgetting the fact that the financial processes in both institutions are different.
Are you talking about my post or other people? I never mentioned anything about mosque nor make sny comparison here. Take time
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by bjtinz: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2021
Smh. 80% of those commenting obviously didn't read the article.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Coolgent(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:
Muslims don't generate revenue/tithes as a Muslims u can't pay sisi to any Imam/Shaikh.
If u have excess you will just give it to any body you wish to.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by richmond500: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2021
lexy2014:

He means that his govt has come up with a way to tax churches which they will call pentecost tax
he mean say make Successful Christians share stories of their life, its a tax they owe to the youth, it doesn't involve money

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by saintade01(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2021
Why do we have so much dumb people on Nairaland these days ehn.

See negative comments everywhere without even reading or understanding the post.
Chei.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by richmond500: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2021
diplomat058:
Please read! People might think you are a blockhead. The Pentecost tax is not a monetary obligation, rather it's the social responsibility of the preacher to give an uplifting account of their experiences to motivate targeted segments of the society.
grin u wicked o, u even speak big English pass wetin deh DAT post, how do u expect that urchin to understand?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Corporate2020: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:

Pastor too no go use snake as trouser belt nah.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Stanleyq: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2021
I think he didnt sound too bad, he said, the type of tax that those successful must give back to the society, thats being a philantropist
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by doneback04: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2021
The one u have been rising is not enough for you guys now u wants to put your eyes
On church .
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by OkukoIgbo: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2021
Covidodo:

Another osu pig from a worthless lineage . Why don't you just read the piece and stop embarrassing your family online .
Abi are you dyslexic too ?
Seems dyslexia is a pandemic across the Niger

En be like the goat you and your people are shagging is disconnecting the wires in your brain, go for help soon before the indocid used to poison mohammed will be your portion, that cyanide combo is very potent.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by J2381: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2021
Pentecost tax. That's a new one. Though I know many of these preachers won't even pay it. Some will even use it as sermon in tomorrow's service.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by mu2sa2: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2021
Covidodo:

Are you dyslexic ?? grin
Apart from demanding tithe from the gullible, Islam dominates their thoughts.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by pafra(m): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2021
Lordgel:
Osibanjo now fighting against Christianity.. Power really intoxicates..

Did you read the post?
If you did, it means you lack comprehension but if you didn't go and read to understand.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by ProfGday(m): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2021
Tell this midget to goan steal it,the so called preachers refused to pay the Pentecostal tax... Awon werey meji to occupy Aso Rock,one is a sadist and killer and the other a pretender and intellectual arm robber...
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by OkukoIgbo: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2021
Terrier99:

You cowardly Igbos should pass anti grazing bills in your region let herdsmen stop rraping your mothers.
Yorubas and Igbos shouldn't fight on this particular matter where we have one enemy. But we can fight on other things that is why am never going to fight you for this because the other guy was stupid with his comment but we'll see later and two Igbo governors have passed, Enugu and Abia, my state governor the supreme court governor will try to betray us but we know what to do.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2021
Liposure:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/17/preachers-should-pay-pentecost-tax-osinbajo/
As it is now! Nigeria is BROKE! They sent Osibanjo to beg our pastors to gift them some money! The one Federal inland Revenue had been collecting "what have they done with it; show us" or are they going to pay the tax for buhari and his seven gangs of thieves to steal/loot it again or what? We must see good things on ground for other taxes collected by govt before our pastors will join instead I will advice them to spend it on motherless babies home!

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Terrier99: 11:01am On Sep 18, 2021
OkukoIgbo:

Yorubas and Igbos shouldn't fight on this particular matter where we have one enemy. But we can fight on other things that is why am never going to fight you for this because the other guy was stupid with his comment but we'll see later and two Igbo governors have passed, Enugu and Abia, my state governor the supreme court governor will try to betray us but we know what to do.

I agree with you.
I apologise for any of my comments you don't like and I withdraw them.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by tujays(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2021
Lordgel:
Osibanjo now fighting against Christianity.. Power really intoxicates..
How much cut you dey receive in church offering and tithe from your G.O?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by shegz24(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2021
From what I read, he doesnt mean "tax" literally.

Irrespective of what he meant, i'm in support of taxing religious organisations as they are businesses in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' / Sule Lamido Mobbed At The Wedding Of Ringim's 4 Daughters (Photos) / Osinbajo Is Buhari’s Number One Confidante – El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.