Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business (10937 Views)

Get N1,900,000 Funds To Improve Or Start A Business From Envestlab / 4 Ways To Improve Your Job Prospects / What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by avrilwisedata: 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2021
xtervaganza:
only God can help you ooo.

I had a bet shop last year where I spent over a million naira to posh up and business was moving fine. Suddenly someone rented a a very big flat opposite me and spent over 3 million to set the place up. All my customers left and I ended up closing the shop oo

May God help you sha
Jesus shocked
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by BabaIbo: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2021
iHart:
One big problem some business people do not understand is that, though sophisticated equipment may lead to cheaper services and products, but maintenance is far far expensive. When you start, you think you are in business and you price low, when one machine needs maintenance or repair, your brain will reset. I still tell op to persevere. The big business will eventually charge same price with him or even higher than him. Its just a matter of time.

All these ones no fit do line business nor survive where I am doing my business.

Anyway, his business is a service providing not goods selling.

Cutting price etc, may not be a good move on the long run.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by BabaIbo: 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2021
xtervaganza:
only God can help you ooo.

I had a bet shop last year where I spent over a million naira to posh up and business was moving fine. Suddenly someone rented a a very big flat opposite me and spent over 3 million to set the place up. All my customers left and I ended up closing the shop oo

May God help you sha

You fvck up Oga, you for look for ways to turn things around.

You and your competitor still dey the same league na, you fvcked up.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tonididdy(m): 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2021
iHart:
Due to lack of job you created a job for yourself. So you now have a iob.

The help you need, is it to match his big equipment and reduce price too?

You see price discount? That have killed many businesses in Nigeria. Many think they can use price discount to penetrate the market. When they penetrate the market, how do they sustain the market. Immediately they revert to sustainable price, all their customers will run. Bros relax, he will fail. Just persevere.

"... He will fail "?
That's an evil word to wish upon someone's business.
The OP didn't ask that his competitors business fall but instead is pleading for advice and financial help to be able to match him.

Bm
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tonididdy(m): 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2021
BabaIbo:

Do you have a business?
Do you know what is competition in business?
Don't pray for what happens to that dude to happen to your business. Most times it's the Beginning of the end.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tonididdy(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

You did not specify your location. Yoi might need to relocate to another place where your services will be needed. Likely a place where there are no business centres. When you do and find your feet, please reinvest. No machinery is too expensive.

This is the only solution.
I for one do not welcome competition opposite my business unless it's a concentrated area known for that services.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by razible5384(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2021
rita25:
go and work for the new guy and earn from him learn modern arts from him,save from the salary he pays you and then build a bigger business than his........we are all hustlers in this shithole mehn
did u just say this? That the op should go work for the new guy? Anyways, nah him carry himself come find advice for nairaland
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2021
iHart:
One big problem some business people do not understand is that, though sophisticated equipment may lead to cheaper services and products, but maintenance is far far expensive. When you start, you think you are in business and you price low, when one machine needs maintenance or repair, your brain will reset. I still tell op to persevere. The big business will eventually charge same price with him or even higher than him. Its just a matter of time.
and that's why everybody is comfortable with using typewriter than computer and printer right?
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tonididdy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2021
oyelekeabo:
Good morning family. My name is Oyeleke. I have a degree in Accounting but due to lack of job, i have a computer center where I print, scan and make photocopy, but recently someone opened a big shop with state of the art equipment in my area and splash the price where people are now rushing to. Please I need a good Samaritan to help me improve my business also so that I can put food on the table for my wife and two kids. Thanks
It's a hard pill to swallow but you have got to change location and go big.
You were too small and lacked potential, that was your weak point that was noticed and acted upon.
Next location, go big so know one will be bold enough to risk matching your business.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tonididdy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2021
razible5384:
did u just say this? That the op should go work for the new guy? Anyways, nah him carry himself come find advice for nairaland
The height of defeat and disgrace grin
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2021
oyelekeabo:
Good morning family. My name is Oyeleke. I have a degree in Accounting but due to lack of job, i have a computer center where I print, scan and make photocopy, but recently someone opened a big shop with state of the art equipment in my area and splash the price where people are now rushing to. Please I need a good Samaritan to help me improve my business also so that I can put food on the table for my wife and two kids. Thanks

change you business to a trading center
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by Debauhaus1990(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
oyelekeabo:

Thanks. I have done that also but need to buy a Direct Image Printing Machine to remain relevant in that business..
Thanks for your advice
I have a good Direct image machine for sale Sharp Mx2610N at cheap price. If interested send a PM or send mail to mudasirmuhammed03@gmail.com
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by BabaIbo: 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
tonididdy:

Do you have a business?
Do you know what is competition in business?
Don't pray for what happens to that dude to happen to your business. Most times it's the Beginning of the end.

The way you people assume things ehn, so because I made that statement means I don't have a business.
Aside that, I was born into a business family, I started handling my dad's business(major seller not small scale) when I was a teen.

Mr man, don't judge people like that again. This is a faceless forum.

Now, listen carefully, I have a business. The guy competition is even small, because he only has one competitor to worry about.

Can you compare that to someone with many indigenous competitors?

Where my shop is located has major sellers both on the right and on the left.
Not long ago, someone we used to talk opened(moved) his shop nearly opposite to mine.
Some of my competitors are trading from their family houses, you know what that means, right? No house rent to worry about. And they have been in that area before I opened my business.
There are other things I won't be able to type here.

Mind you my business is not even up to a year and it pulled through all these.

So what are you saying again?
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by iHart(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
tonididdy:

"... He will fail "?
That's an evil word to wish upon someone's business.
The OP didn't ask that his competitors business fall but instead is pleading for advice and financial help to be able to match him.

Bm
If you slash price below a threshold, you MUST fail. Its not an evil word. It is the reality in business. From OP's account, if he doesn't do anything fast to level up or surpass his competitor, he will FAIL. On the other hand, the competitor came prepared to suppress any body in the same line of business within that area. Between OP and his competitor, it's now a battle of survival. One must do something to kill the other. The reality have set in. Go and ask Opay what happened to their Oride and their keke hailing service. Among other factors, you can't render a service or product below a sustainable threshold because you want to gain market penetration. You will go the way you came, very fast!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tonididdy(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
iHart:
If you slash price below a threshold, you MUST fail. Its not an evil word. It is the reality in business. From OP's account, if he doesn't do anything fast to level up or surpass his competitor, he will FAIL. On the other hand, the competitor came prepared to suppress any body in the same line of business within that area. Between OP and his competitor, it's now a battle of survival. One must do something to kill the other. The reality have set in. Go and ask Opay what happened to their Oride and their keke hailing service. Among other factors, you can't render a service or product below a sustainable threshold because you want to gain market penetration. You will go the way you came, very fast!

Your own na just fail fail fail... Business must have dealt you a big blow

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tonididdy(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
BabaIbo:

The way you people assume things ehn, so because I made that statement means I don't have a business.
Aside that, I was born into a business family, I started handling my dad's business(major seller not small scale) when I was a teen.

Mr man, don't judge people like that again. This is a faceless forum.

Now, listen carefully, I have a business. The guy competition is even small, because he only has one competitor to worry about.

Can you compare that to someone with many indigenous competitors?

Where my shop is located has major sellers both on the right and on the left.
Not long ago, someone we used to talk opened(moved) his shop nearly opposite to mine.
Some of my competitors are trading from their family houses, you know what that means, right? No house rent to worry about. And they have been in that area before I opened my business.
There are other things I won't be able to type here.

Mind you my business is not even up to a year and it pulled through all these.

So what are you saying again?

Dude your kind of business is a business that is concentrated in a particular area.
It's like if you want anything computers, phones... You go to Ikeja computer village.
For the OP this is not the case.
From his post he was the one and only in that area until this new competitor came.
In a setup like yours with a concentrated market, there is no need for upgrades, everybody go sell and that's a fact because it's a market place.

In a market, there is little or no competition. Even the smallest shop in the market sometimes outshine the bigger shops in sales.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by iHart(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2021
ezenwajosh:
and that's why everybody is comfortable with using typewriter than computer and printer right?
I am beginning to understand OP. His problem is that he is not following emerging trends in his line of business. If he doesn't level up very fast, he will be out of business.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by jimter44(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2021
The business environment in Nigeria is too competitive. For you to survive in that business, do want your competitor is not doing. Be honest and trustful to your customers.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by razible5384(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
tonididdy:

The height of defeat and disgrace grin
I swear the comment just shock me... An she get likes for am

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by iHart(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
tonididdy:

Your own na just fail fail fail... Business must have dealt you a big blow
I have had my own share of failure and success. We are in business to make money, if you make money you succeed. If you don't make money you fail. Its the simple truth

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by BamakSNR(m): 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2021
oyelekeabo:
The man drag you into quality and price competition.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by baby124: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2021
So you had business and was just eating all your profit. Not saving or educating your self to improve your business. Now you are begging for better machine so you can stay afloat. Machines that due to technology, change every year. What happens when your competitor expands and improves again? You will come and beg for another machine.

Some of you open business and stop trying to improve. You become a pest to the business. Not considering obsolescence or innovation. These types are better as employees.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by McKayConcept(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2021
Well there a ways you can improve the business... I joined this business some years ago, though I was the last come join in the area... I am now the higher earner from the business in the space of three years.. Glory to God
First access the environment, because that will determine the services u can introduce that ur competitor is not offering.
Chat me up if u can
This place is limited in sharing the ideas u need

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by femi4: 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
oyelekeabo:
open another branch or relocate
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by stagger: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2021
oyelekeabo:

Add more services like airline booking in advance, registration for military recruitments, nysc, etc. Also, join freelance websites and offer accounting and tax computation skills. The money from this alone can fund your expansion.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by leunseyis(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
I love competition in business. May God help us.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by tunaxy(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2021
What you need, my friend is a great copywriting ideas, plan and strategies to market and grow your business and outshine every competitions out there...

DM me on WhatsApp, I can surely help...

Number in signature...
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by BabaIbo: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2021
tonididdy:

Dude your kind of business is a business that is concentrated in a particular area.
It's like if you want anything computers, phones... You go to Ikeja computer village.
For the OP this is not the case.
From his post he was the one and only in that area until this new competitor came.
In a setup like yours with a concentrated market, there is no need for upgrades, everybody go sell and that's a fact because it's a market place.

In a market, there is little or no competition. Even the smallest shop in the market sometimes outshine the bigger shops in sales.

Bro, you're not getting the point.

My business area is not the concentration area, the concentration area is kinda far.

What I mean by left and right is that there are concentration areas and few shops on both sides before you get to my business street.

BTW, you said concentration area business is easier than isolated one?
This statement shows that you don't know much about business.
Do you know how many big men/companies move away from those areas to isolated areas, just to have a free business?

In concentrated areas, you have to be mindful of your prices, while in isolated areas, you can always control your prices the way you want.

You even said there is no competition there, grin cheesy... Bro, you haven't been into a business before abeg.
One thing about concentration area is more people come to that area, but it's everything competition.
That's where you see what a competition is all about.

Your last line is totally false... Listen an average buyer go for the best price and who do you think has the power to sell at lower prices.

Most big buyers go for the big sellers, and the smaller ones shuffle between the two. Do the maths and tell me who has more customers.
Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by psalmistkakah(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2021
I am into such bizness too.. is before I use to fear competitor, but now I fear no more.. He can never satisfy all the customer just calm, do your job correctly at a fair price, and am sure he is not the one running the place in due time the workers will start disrespecting customers am talking from experience..just calm down ,.. Make sure ur color printer is ok.. Above all make them ur friend..they can never be better than u in all aspects.. I have such bizness closer to me with heavy equipment...But am giving them headache...Even jamb office dey hear my name..despite I do not have CBT centre..
.Above customer relationship matters alot..

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by xtervaganza(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
BabaIbo:

baba, to the glory of God I'm very successful in my businesses too. But you can't win all battles. Trust me, the big fish feed on the small fish and that's how it is in the business world too.

If you open a 10 million naira supermarket and suddenly ShopRite buys the land opposite you to open a mega supermarket you go fold up oo. People are naturally drawn to big and shiny things.

Not all battles are worth fighting when I can still make my money in other ways

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by BabaIbo: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
xtervaganza:
baba, to the glory of God I'm very successful in my businesses too. But you can't win all battles. Trust me, the big fish feed on the small fish and that's how it is in the business world too.

If you open a 10 million naira supermarket and suddenly ShopRite buys the land opposite you to open a mega supermarket you go fold up oo. People are naturally drawn to big and shiny things.

Not all battles are worth fighting when I can still make my money in other ways

No be lie my brother.

More wins for us.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help To Improve Or Change My Business by Angelacruz: 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
It is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Any1 Receive This Invitation From NGSR / Anybody Wants To Work In Ecowas / Is This Job Invite / Company Genuine (shalieducationresource)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.