Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee (14290 Views)

EPL Referee Anthony Taylor Is DEMOTED To The Championship / Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee / Former EPL Referee, Howard Webb Marries German Female Referee, Steinhaus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by KillIgbohoN0W: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
By Amreen
Mark Clattenburg has recalled the time he threw a boot at Jose Mourinho after the then-Manchester United boss confronted him after a game.

The former Premier League referee was in charge of the Red Devils' 1-1 draw with Stoke City in January 2017, when a late Wayne Rooney goal saw Mourinho's side clinch the draw. The goal also made Rooney United's all-time top goalscorer, overtaking the legendary Bobby Charlton, but Clattenburg has revealed that the game almost drove him to quit football.

He told the Daily Mail: "It was not long after full-time when there was a knock at my dressing room door and United manager Jose Mourinho came in. I was just taking my boots off.

"‘You must be happy this time,’ I said. ‘You can’t blame me for that draw, can you?’"

"‘I can,’ he said."

Mourinho claimed that Ryan Shawcross had handled the ball inside his own penalty area, but Clattenburg insisted he made the right call. "‘What you on about?’ I said. ‘I got that right, I know I did.’"

"‘No. I’ve seen the video. You were wrong.’ He was going on and on. Shut up man, will you?

"I picked up my boot and launched it against the wall next to him," he revealed.

"‘F***ing get out of my dressing room. Get out!’"

Clattenburg turned the tables and told the Portuguese boss of his own feeling.

"Mourinho froze. I lost it with him. I did not give a s*** any more. He did not know what to say. I was so fed up with all of the ridiculous mind games," he stated.

"I drove home while going over and over the Shawcross incident. I watched it on Match of the Day and I was right, the ball hit him flush on the chest. So why was Mourinho playing funny buggers with me?

"I went to bed that night and I knew I’d had enough. ‘You know what,’ I thought, ‘I can’t be bothered with idiots like that any more.’"

Source: 90Min

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by unbitchable(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
Mourinho and his ridiculous mind games, can't just get enough of him. Don't know why such appears so common among the Portuguese, a certain old fraud would dive inside the box and raises up his hands for a penalty.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by DropsMic(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
unbitchable:
Mourinho and his ridiculous mind games, can't just get enough of him. Don't know why such appears so common among the Portuguese, a certain old fraud would dive inside the box and raises up his hands for a penalty.

That old fraud has a name smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by xpressionx(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
Mourinho Too like wahala

1 Like

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by OBTMOS(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
Mou
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by longetivity(m): 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lmaoo Mourinho crazy man
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
This man was always the 12th man for Man U. Odeh. Always loved the spotlight as if he was a player and not a ref.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Icreatevalue: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
grin
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Jerryherd: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
grin
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Buffalo2(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
Rubbish Mou
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Sonnobax15(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
After all the good records wey Chelsea help Mourinho achieve for Stamford bridge,yet the idiot just decide to go spoil am for Man.u.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
unbitchable:
You're older than the old fraud. Behave

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by freshalien: 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
I would have paid top dollar to be in that dressing room to see the look on Mourinho’s face after that boot was thrown at him. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by cletz991(m): 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2021

Don't mess with my Goat
DropsMic:

That old fraud has a name smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
By Amreen

Source: 90Min
They will Kill you not Igboho...
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by zikter(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
alexxiswrites:
This man was always the 12th man for Man U. Odeh. Always loved the spotlight as if he was a player and not a ref.
Is that why in one of the extracts of the biography, he said he sent Fergie to the stand? And utd lost 1 nil? He was not only the 12th man, he was the 20th man too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
Clattenburg has been accused of saying to Mikel: 'Shut up you monkey' as he booked him .

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by elmessiahs(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
So funny
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Kingstanding: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
unbitchable:
. I'm very sure you will be very happy to have a certain old fraud who will dive inside the box and raised up his hands for a penalty as a brother or son? I pity you. Your shame dey shame me for talking to GOAT like that. I believe you will be the happiest in the world if you have that old fraud in your family, isn't?

10 Likes

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by DEIFIED(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
Crazy Ref.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by nairaman66(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
Clattenburg vs Colina

Who is crazier?
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by nairalee(m): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
If na me I go intentionally stone am the boot. If e go report dem go ask am why e dey go referee dressing room go influence decision

1 Like

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by TLION(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
unbitchable:
old fraud with 5 ballon d or, 5 CL, golden boots. And lot more. Be like you get sense pass people wey give am the award. Make person dey reason like Fish.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by donbrowser(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
After all the good records wey Chelsea help Mourinho achieve for Stamford bridge,yet the idiot just decide to go spoil am for Man.u.
He won 3 trophies at Manchester United.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by BrickDevo: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hohohohohoho
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by fredoooooo: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
Awon United refree .. grin
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Madaraire(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
He is such a big pain in the ass.
If I were a player I will not play for him, I can't come and kill myself.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by mankan2k7(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
Up Chelsea
Re: Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
zikter:
Is that why in one of the extracts of the biography, he said he sent Fergie to the stand? And utd lost 1 nil? He was not only the 12th man, he was the 20th man too
Check games that mattered and come back here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2022: Tunisia Vs Mali (0 - 1) On 12th January 2022 / FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 - Reporting From South Africa / Everton Sack Manager, Rafa Benitez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.