Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) (14063 Views)

One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise / AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Archangels2(m): 6:05am On Sep 19, 2021
I support this. How does Aboki FX get the rates they put up on their website? The country is suffering and people are cashing in illegally at the expense of hardworking Nigerians.

It's a step in the right direction if yu ask me. Just that we want more. Go after the people financing terrorists, kidnappers, electoral manipulations. They all have financial records and trails. We can make Nigeria better even if it's not in our generation but for the ones yet to come but we must start now with bold steps.

2 Likes

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by FolabiCash: 6:15am On Sep 19, 2021
Shame! People don't read anymore. The aboki FX guy is a criminal and he's been running this shit business for years and finally time has caught up with him.

Imagine , he's no license and cashing out huge. Damm. Nigerians are different.

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by HabaHaba: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2021
KUNZEH:
Lol, let's see what will happen after bringing down ABOkiFX.
I hope this suspension will lead to naira appreciation from next week.

U dey dream ni? Naira to ever come down? If u know d best thing, just remove your mind from Naija currency. This is even rhe best time for you to invest in dollar related transactions, Forex, Crypto, buying - selling dependent on Dollar rate.

The Oga at the top does not have the correct economic team to steer a positive change to the value of the. Naira.

But i can conclude Sha, that na only Nairaland.com dey appreciate as Naira dey deprecate.

Heheheh
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by HabaHaba: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2021
tuborme:
Emefiele, stop grasping straws. You guys are making this guy popular. Even newspapers publish exchange rates on their prints.

Do u actually know what you are typing?

The exchange rates published by newspapers are directly derived from CBN, and newspapers don't trade on forex, they ONLY provide Information!!!!
So, whats why compare the newspaper information provision with a fraudulent forex trader with false forex information as business strategies?!!

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by ajl: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2021
This CBN governor is pretty stupid. How many northerners on the streets and offices making billions from exchanging naira to dollar has ever been arrested for sabotaging the economy. If the guy has truly being selling or buying foreign currencies without license, just take him to court on that basis. His question on how he fixes exchange rates on his website is naive and senseless. If I want to know the black market rate, I will simply send my boys out on the streets to ask those mallams, and they will go to the banks to get official rates. Is there a law that stop one from posting public information online? Another attempt to use Interpol to carry out a fraudulent arrest.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by ajl: 8:36am On Sep 19, 2021
Archangels2:
I support this. How does Aboki FX get the rates they put up on their website? The country is suffering and people are cashing in illegally at the expense of hardworking Nigerians.

It's a step in the right direction if yu ask me. Just that we want more. Go after the people financing terrorists, kidnappers, electoral manipulations. They all have financial records and trails. We can make Nigeria better even if it's not in our generation but for the ones yet to come but we must start now with bold steps.

But it shouldn't be selective. Imagine the Aboki FX is owned by one Alhaji from the north. We won't hear anything.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by ajl: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It's not the truth. How many bdcs have time to visit abokifx before fixing rates, do the majority of them even understand what it means? FYI, I visit abokifx.com just to update myself too. By the time I visit the bdcs in Ikeja, the rates aren't always the same. Always a diff of up to 3 usd higher than abokifx rates. Yet, go to the CBN and check their rates.They'd tell you that autonomous rates are 505naira to 1 usd for instance whereas, bdcs are fixing their rate at between 510naira and 515 naira. Instead of bscs going to abokifx, it's the other way round. Abokifx gets their rates by sampling opinions from bdcs around. The CBN is just jittery because they know the rates they post on their website aren't realistic. They're just deceiving themselves.

I expect them to go after terror sponsors instead if chasing shadows. They know them. What is the CBN governor afraid of ?

Great points. This CBN governor is just a mumu. He is sounded as if he just discovered the individual that is responsible for 90% of Nigeria's economic problems. Meanwhile the real forex fraudsters are there with him in Abuja.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by cooooooks(m): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
Naijabdcs have stopped publishing.

Newboss:
There are lots of foreign exchange market research firms in Nigeria. They simply go to the street, get data, analyse the data, and publish. It's even part of journalism.

Newspapers also maintain steady record of parallel market exchange rates. You can check and see for yourself. There is also Naijabdcs website. This CBN governor is too incompetent. He wants to hide his incompetence from the world.

Market research is not hard. You can even set up a website that conducts market research on price of anything you can think of.

If not that parallel market rates was well published, CBN would not have raised exchange rate from 381 to 412. The real value of Naira has fallen past 500 Naira to a dollar.

CBN should solve the problems instead of looking for how to mask the problems.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
cooooooks:
Naijabdcs have stopped publishing.

Shame on the Central bank governor

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Archangels2(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
ajl:

But it shouldn't be selective. Imagine the Aboki FX is owned by one Alhaji from the north. We won't hear anything.

Yes you are right. It should not be selective
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Systrom(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
What’s the rate as at today ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stock Market Suffers N280 Billion Loss In One Week / Demolished Canopy Market In Wuse Zone 3 Neighborhood In Pictures / Sport Bet Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.