Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,789 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) (21708 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
collinometricx:
i knew an update won't come today...

u never keep to ur words OP

At different times in our lives, life happens. Be kind to ask "what happened" before reaching a conclusion. He owes us nothing and he's doing this for nothing (his only gain would be betterment of self). Be kind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by collinometricx: 11:27pm On Oct 23, 2021
enirock:

At different times in our lives, life happens. Be kind to ask "what happened" before reaching a conclusion. He owes us nothing and he's doing this for nothing (his only gain would be betterment of self). Be kind.

I might agree he doesn't owe us any thing, but bro we are his fans, I have been following him since I registered on this platform and I have had to get an incomplete story, the truth is if he still wants to go commercial with it, I am one of those persons that will still buy regardless, he writes well and I love it, I won't lie about that..
But these constant promises and not delivering is kind of annoying but as you said "he owes us nothing" and I agree with you

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 11:36pm On Oct 23, 2021
collinometricx:

I might agree he doesn't owe us any thing, but bro we are his fans, I have been following him since I registered on this platform and I have had to get an incomplete story, the truth is if he still wants to go commercial with it, I am one of those persons that will still buy regardless, he writes well and I love it, I won't lie about that..
But these constant promises and not delivering is kind of annoying but as you said "he owes us nothing" and I agree with you
No problem bossman. I just had to quote you because of the way it sounded (sensitivity and stuff). We keep waiting in hope. ✌️

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by MrRichy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
What's up guys.... I just got back from a short vacation in Lagos...I'll post the next chapter tomorrow afternoon.

And thanks to the mods for pinning this story at the top of this section. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kawo9ze(m): 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
Pls make your tomorrow be tomorrow o, cuz my girl reading this story don dey on my neck since
Jhoor o!

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kawo9ze:
Pls make your tomorrow be tomorrow o, cuz my girl reading this story don dey on my neck since
Jhoor o!

Lol. Don't worry, I won't disappoint this time. I full ground.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
Chapter 6: A Joyous Day

I lived all alone in a small bungalow on a plot of land, and I had been putting off cutting the grass in my compound for some time now. But I had seen a brown snake in my backyard, close to my chicken cage last night, and I couldn’t put off clearing the compound any longer. The last time I paid someone to do it, what he charged me left a dent in my monthly miscellaneous budget, and he was done within in a couple of hours. My time was definitely worth more than his, but I still felt it would make more economic sense to clear it myself.

I was ducked down, in jeans shorts and singlet, under the midday sun, continuously striking the blades of grass with my thin, handy cutlass. My house had no gate or wall in front, and I got tired of greeting everyone that passed by. I saw one of my neighbors approaching from the left side of my street, and I was tempted to act like I was receiving a call. And just then, my phone started ringing for real.
The call was from Joy. I stared at the phone screen, wondering why she was calling. Most of our communication was done via text, and even the phone conversations were usually initiated by me. “Hey what’s up?” I said into the phone mouthpiece when I picked up.
“Hi. Are you at home?”
“Yes.
“Okay. I’m coming over.”
“Okay.” I said, and the line went dead. I was still staring at my phone, wondering what had just happened when my neighbor greeted me good afternoon in Yoruba, “E kaasan o.”
“E kaasan sir.” I replied him with a bow, even though I was in a squatting position. Respect was a big deal in the community, and I always acted accordingly. The man, in his mid-50s, dressed in brown Ankara attire, walked on, with his hands behind him. There was a smile on his face as he looked around my compound. He had gotten tired of advising me to fumigate the compound. Doing that would have been the best thing to do, but I didn’t want anything affecting my birds.

I stabbed the ground with my cutlass and got on my feet to inspect the work I had done so far. Half the front area of my compound was done; that was good enough, I thought to myself as I dusted off sand and grass from my bare arms and jeans. I pulled the cutlass from the ground and was about to head in when something casted a shadow above me. I looked up and saw a hawk swoop down to pick a chick with its talons, and fly back into the sky. The mother hen made a loud, high pitched sound and flew into the air, attempting to get her chick back. The rest of the chicks ran towards my front entrance for cover.

The hawk was long gone, but the hen kept parading the spot her chick had been picked, making loud, repeated squawking sounds. After a while, still making noise, she walked over to where the other chicks were, and they continued scavenging for food. The other chicks didn’t even appear sad that they had just lost a sibling. Life goes on I guess. I was still deep in thought when my phone started ringing again. It was Joy, and she was calling to ask for the name of my bus stop. Apparently, she was already close by when she called the first time. After ending the call, I rushed inside. I had to take a bath before she got here.

……….

Joy and I were sitting sideways on my bed, with our backs to the window, talking about what had happened in our individual lives since we last saw. My life was boring, so I didn’t have much to tell her. She was wearing a short, red wool gown, with long sleeves. I was having lustful thoughts, staring at her exposed laps when she asked what I do all day and how I make my money. We had known each other for a while now, but she had never asked detailed questions like this before. After she got all the right answers she wanted, I asked her what had been happening in her life. Joy was light skin beauty that got approached by guys a lot, so there was a lot for her to talk about. The most interesting story she shared was about being approached by two girls in her school. They had complimented her beauty and wanted to be her friend. I guessed they were probably undergrads that thought Joy was one of them. She said she was scared to find out what they really wanted. I was curious to know what they wanted too, and asked her to keep me updated.

The room got quiet when we ran out of things to say to each other, and I decided to make a move. I slowly placed my hand on her bare lap and started caressing it. “Why is your hand shaking?” She said with a light laugh and playfully shoved my hand away. I was embarrassed, but covered it up with a laugh. It was obvious she wanted me to touch her, and it wasn’t like I hadn’t made out with her before, but I was just too lily-livered and my heart was beating real fast. It was easier the last time because it was dark, and we had been lying in bed together for hours. But today was broad day light. If I had known, I would have let down the curtains, and set the mood right for romance.

I took a few seconds to relax my body, and then tried again. This time, she didn’t remove my hand. After caressing her for some seconds, I turned to kiss her, and she responded real good. After kissing in an uncomfortable position, she pulled away, sat facing me, and started kissing me passionately. Joy loved kissing, and some smooching, but she never allowed me to go further than that. She would do anything I wanted, as long as we didn’t go all the way. That was okay by me. She was very passionate with the make-out and it gave me a false belief that she was in love with me. That was a stupid assumption, but I was very naïve in this department.

When I was walking her to the bus stop later that day, she asked about my friend; that bothered me a bit. But I thought, well that’s the only friend of mine she has met, so it shouldn’t be a big deal that she would be asking of him. Later that day, sitting on my bed alone, I started thinking about it again. Could it be that she fancied my friend, and wanted to get to know him? But then another voice in my head said, ‘she just spent hours with you, making out, why would she be interested in your friend when she is spending time with you?’ I went to bed confused, wondering if normal guys overthink things the way I did.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by OlufemiWhit(m): 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Good one kay

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Twelvedemon12(m): 11:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by carloz685(m): 1:16am On Oct 29, 2021
I don come back... Thanks for the update Boss... Following this...

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by enirock(m): 1:27am On Oct 29, 2021
Lily livered indeed. He is scared of going third base... Thanks Kay. We await even More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by lamar01: 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
First time i wan commit 2 a novel on nairaland. Bros kay weldone o, more ink to ya pen jawe

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
Nice updates

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by collinometricx: 2:21am On Oct 30, 2021
lamar01:
First time i wan commit 2 a novel on nairaland.
Bros kay weldone o, more ink to ya pen jawe

grin
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:32am On Nov 01, 2021
Nice story you got going here boss

More grease to your elbow…

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kawo9ze(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
Update update update ooo!

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Twelvedemon12(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by DanielAlhassan(m): 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
Chapter 7: Joy Drops a Bombshell

Joy came over a couple of more times after her impromptu visit; mostly on her own volition. And then, all of a sudden, she stopped. I didn’t know if it was something I did, or something I didn’t do, but the more I tried to make her visit me, the more she pulled away. Then one day, she dropped a bombshell. She told me she had met someone.

Apparently, one of the girl’s that had approached her wanting a friendship had a brother she wanted to hook Joy up with. As she told me about how much she liked the guy, I was dumbfounded, but I kept responding on autopilot with monotonous answers; my mind had traveled far. I was confused. I had never been good with this relationship thing, but I thought there was something between us. Yes, I never asked her out, but I believed the passionate times we had spent together meant something, and I felt we had an unspoken understanding that there was something between us.

Even though I had been in a couple of friends with benefits relationships before I met Joy, I never got too romantic with any one of them. I sure didn’t spend hours kissing none of them passionately.

When she told me the guy asked her out, and she said yes, my mind came back to reality. I was still with Joy three weeks ago, kissing, and making out, and now she has a boyfriend. I was really confused, and couldn’t hold back how I felt any longer, so I asked her what we had been doing all this while, and what we were. She didn’t type for a while, and when she responded she said she believed we were just friends, and that she didn’t see me that way. Now I was even more confused, and I didn’t have any words to express myself. Then she went on to say she wasn’t physically or sexually attracted to me, and that I wasn’t really her type of guy.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. The white light in my room was on, but it felt like I was sitting in a dark cave. I didn’t respond, and the app showed she was typing; she stopped, and continued many times, like she was looking for the right words to express herself. After about five minutes, I sent her a message, letting her know I understood her. I proceeded to ask her to tell me more about the guy. She seemed so excited talking about the guy, and it was almost like she was chatting with one of her girlfriends. It made me feel less than a man. Was she just using me to kill time all along? I thought to myself. Even if that was the case, then she must at least like something about me for her to have visited me at home multiple times. I thought to myself.

When we ended the chat that night, I made up my mind to play along and not show her how hurt I was. I felt it was the best thing for my sanity at this point. I went to bed sad that night.

……….

The days that followed had me more focused on making my life better. I worked more on my online publishing business, and instead of chatting with Joy when I was bored, I spent time in my backyard, watching my chickens interact. Once in a while, I would chat with her briefly, so that it didn’t seem like I was hurt that she now had a boyfriend. One day, she sent me a message asking what was up with me. I asked her what exactly she meant, and she said it felt like I was pulling away from her. I lied to her that I had some family issues taking up my time, but that I would be freer in the next couple of days.

I was still confused. It was obvious she liked being with me, and chatting with me; I would assume that meant she had feelings for me. I made up my mind to talk to a friend of mine that was more experienced than I was in relationship matters.

After explaining everything to my friend on Whatsapp, he said to me, ‘Sam, the girl likes you, but she has some desires to fulfill that you can’t help her with, so she’s exploring right now.’ It kind of made sense to me; I just found it hard to understand how she could compartmentalize her feelings so well.

I chatted with her more the days that followed, but made sure our conversations never went beyond music, movies, and the state of the country. I never discussed anything too intimate with her, and I never persuaded her to come and visit me again. It was hard to do, because, on lonely nights, my mind would wonder off to her. And even though I knew she now had a boyfriend, I would still feel there was a chance for me.

The more I chatted with her, the more I found out that, apart from being lovers, we were actually good friends. We would make each other laugh without even trying, and we shared the same views on so many topics.

Each time I thought I was over her, she would update her status with a simple picture of herself, and my heart would start longing for her again. I contemplated getting into a serious relationship to forget about her, but I wanted to wait a while and see how things go.

One day, I came back from a landlords meeting in my neighborhood and saw 6 missed calls on my phone. I had left the phone to charge as power was restored just as I was leaving for the meeting, and my phone battery was low. When I checked who had called me, I saw it was Joy. I turned on my internet, and a couple of Whatsapp messages came in from her. I responded to her greeting, and it indicated that she had read it immediately. Then she said she has something she wants to discuss with me. I asked her what’s up, and as I saw the indication that she was typing, my mind wondered off, thinking what it could be.

When her message finally came in, I stared at the four words in shock.

6 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
Kawo9ze:
Update update update ooo!

Done.
Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kawo9ze(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ese!
Thanks @kayo80, about to read it, it must be sweet to quench the thirsty

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Kawo9ze(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
The message will be her needing financial help

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Carterj007(m): 11:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
Thank you for the update.

2 Likes

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by DanielAlhassan(m): 6:09am On Nov 06, 2021
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Horlardorjah(m): 8:36am On Nov 06, 2021
kayo80:
Chapter 7: Joy Drops a Bombshell

Joy came over a couple of more times after her impromptu visit; mostly on her own volition. And then, all of a sudden, she stopped. I didn’t know if it was something I did, or something I didn’t do, but the more I tried to make her visit me, the more she pulled away. Then one day, she dropped a bombshell. She told me she had met someone.

Apparently, one of the girl’s that had approached her wanting a friendship had a brother she wanted to hook Joy up with. As she told me about how much she liked the guy, I was dumbfounded, but I kept responding on autopilot with monotonous answers; my mind had traveled far. I was confused. I had never been good with this relationship thing, but I thought there was something between us. Yes, I never asked her out, but I believed the passionate times we had spent together meant something, and I felt we had an unspoken understanding that there was something between us.

Even though I had been in a couple of friends with benefits relationships before I met Joy, I never got too romantic with any one of them. I sure didn’t spend hours kissing none of them passionately.

When she told me the guy asked her out, and she said yes, my mind came back to reality. I was still with Joy three weeks ago, kissing, and making out, and now she has a boyfriend. I was really confused, and couldn’t hold back how I felt any longer, so I asked her what we had been doing all this while, and what we were. She didn’t type for a while, and when she responded she said she believed we were just friends, and that she didn’t see me that way. Now I was even more confused, and I didn’t have any words to express myself. Then she went on to say she wasn’t physically or sexually attracted to me, and that I wasn’t really her type of guy.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. The white light in my room was on, but it felt like I was sitting in a dark cave. I didn’t respond, and the app showed she was typing; she stopped, and continued many times, like she was looking for the right words to express herself. After about five minutes, I sent her a message, letting her know I understood her. I proceeded to ask her to tell me more about the guy. She seemed so excited talking about the guy, and it was almost like she was chatting with one of her girlfriends. It made me feel less than a man. Was she just using me to kill time all along? I thought to myself. Even if that was the case, then she must at least like something about me for her to have visited me at home multiple times. I thought to myself.

When we ended the chat that night, I made up my mind to play along and not show her how hurt I was. I felt it was the best thing for my sanity at this point. I went to bed sad that night.

……….

The days that followed had me more focused on making my life better. I worked more on my online publishing business, and instead of chatting with Joy when I was bored, I spent time in my backyard, watching my chickens interact. Once in a while, I would chat with her briefly, so that it didn’t seem like I was hurt that she now had a boyfriend. One day, she sent me a message asking what was up with me. I asked her what exactly she meant, and she said it felt like I was pulling away from her. I lied to her that I had some family issues taking up my time, but that I would be freer in the next couple of days.

I was still confused. It was obvious she liked being with me, and chatting with me; I would assume that meant she had feelings for me. I made up my mind to talk to a friend of mine that was more experienced than I was in relationship matters.

After explaining everything to my friend on Whatsapp, he said to me, ‘Sam, the girl likes you, but she has some desires to fulfill that you can’t help her with, so she’s exploring right now.’ It kind of made sense to me; I just found it hard to understand how she could compartmentalize her feelings so well.

I chatted with her more the days that followed, but made sure our conversations never went beyond music, movies, and the state of the country. I never discussed anything too intimate with her, and I never persuaded her to come and visit me again. It was hard to do, because, on lonely nights, my mind would wonder off to her. And even though I knew she now had a boyfriend, I would still feel there was a chance for me.

The more I chatted with her, the more I found out that, apart from being lovers, we were actually good friends. We would make each other laugh without even trying, and we shared the same views on so many topics.

Each time I thought I was over her, she would update her status with a simple picture of herself, and my heart would start longing for her again. I contemplated getting into a serious relationship to forget about her, but I wanted to wait a while and see how things go.

One day, I came back from a landlords meeting in my neighborhood and saw 6 missed calls on my phone. I had left the phone to charge as power was restored just as I was leaving for the meeting, and my phone battery was low. When I checked who had called me, I saw it was Joy. I turned on my internet, and a couple of Whatsapp messages came in from her. I responded to her greeting, and it indicated that she had read it immediately. Then she said she has something she wants to discuss with me. I asked her what’s up, and as I saw the indication that she was typing, my mind wondered off, thinking what it could be.

When her message finally came in, I stared at the four words in shock.

Nice one op.

I'm getting married abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Odoogu(m): 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kawo9ze:
The message will be her needing financial help

Are you at home?
Guess those should be the four words

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
Odoogu:

Are you at home?
Guess those should be the four words

Haha! You guys should keep guessing.

Next update will be up tomorrow, and you will know by then.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
She needs your help...lol

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by Twelvedemon12(m): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
I like your friend.........maybe that's the four words

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
Haha! No one is even close with the guesses. Anyway, tomorrow is not too far away.

1 Like

Re: Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) by abubakarbabang7(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
I love you ....:
kayo80:
Haha! No one is even close with the guesses. Anyway, tomorrow is not too far away.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cross River And Ssce Fraud: My Nysc Experience / The Nanny's Daughter/ Too Young to Love / Short Stories That Can Shape Your Life In The Book: You Can Win - Shiv Khera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.