Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Sim Card Palava/picture Attached - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Card Palava/picture Attached (1748 Views)

Warning ⚠️ Mind What You Post On Whatsapp. Pics Attached / What Is The Meaning Of This From MTN? (picture Attached) / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" (2) (3) (4)

Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hi guys, I don't know if this is the right section but I've got a problem that needs to be resolved ASAP.
Yesterday (17/09/2021) I went out and got back home in time to take my usual nap, I slept and woke up about 2-3 hours later to find that I could no longer make calls, receive calls nor browse. I checked the network service side of my phone only to discover there was absolutely no network, no a since bar!
I decided to take out my reboot my phone and it was still same, I put it in my other phone and one other tab and it keeps saying 'EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY'. This is annoying as it's been over 24 hours, I've called Airtel customer care reps and they've been posting me by saying I should call back in about 2 hours, I don call them for over 4 times but it hasn't been resolved yet (I made use of a friend's Airtel line and she's gone home already).
Na WiFi I take dey post this. It's really frustrating as I am unable to do anything.
My other line (MTN) can only be used on a small phone). Also, I've cleaned the SIM card several times.
I'd appreciate your responses on what to do since Airtel reps aren't responding well.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by NobleSeed(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
(go and do your NIN
patami don block am grin

Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
NobleSeed:
(go and do your NIN
patami don block am grin
Lo grin grin ;Dl, I don't want to believe it's been blocked because on more than one occasion I tried linking my NIN.
Should I get a prior message before having it blocked?

Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by NobleSeed(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
prior message for what na?
Haven't they be warning you before now that you should link your NIN?no need for prior message.
UndauntedYOCA:

Lo grin grin ;Dl, I don't want to believe it's been blocked because on more than one occasion I tried linking my NIN.
Should I get a prior message before having it blocked?
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
NobleSeed:
prior message for what na?
Haven't they be warning you before now that you should link your NIN?no need for prior message.
Who told you I didn't do it or didn't attempt? Abeg I don't like wahala so if you don't have anything useful to say to me then let my post be. Na jeje I dey go.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by NobleSeed(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
wahala YOCA sad
No wonder them block the sim grin
The best option is to go their office or use another line to call the network and explain to them.
UndauntedYOCA:

Who told you I didn't do it or didn't attempt? Abeg I don't like wahala so if you don't have anything useful to say to me then let my post be. Na jeje I dey go.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2021
Go Any Airtel store and Do the needfull ASAP!!

Outta yea...
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Go Any Airtel store and Do the needfull ASAP!!

Outta yea...
That'll be till Monday then since they don't work weekends.
Thanks though.

Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by Jazzman01: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
Xiaomi again
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
NobleSeed:
wahala YOCA sad
No wonder them block the sim grin
The best option is to go their office or use another line to call the network and explain to them.

Lol grin grin grin
Na you Sabi, lol. You sef see wetin you tell me na.
I'll go there on Monday to thanks.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by davillian(m): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
I'm having same problem with mtn but the network vanish and appear after 30 to 40 seconds
It started this week...
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
davillian:
I'm having same problem with mtn but the network vanish and appear after 30 to 40 seconds
It started this week...
Someone I know is also having same issue with Glo, his started today and it's quite annoying.
The 30-40 seconds stuff happened to me as well but that was some days ago only to finally vanish and I can't do anything without WiFi.
Have you tried calling your network provider. I also use MTN but on my other phone and I am not experiencing this. To think I just subbed 40gig���� grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by Sariel(m): 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
Bros if it's a 0802 number it's definitely expired, how long have you been using the sim because that's the same thing that happened to me.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
Sariel:
Bros if it's a 0802 number it's definitely expired, how long have you been using the sim because that's the same thing that happened to me.
Naaaa, it's 09018 and my MTN is 08144 but it's still still working.
I've been using my MTN for about 2 years.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by Mohbola(f): 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
Xiaomi? Nawa oh Is your phone up to date? Maybe na bug or you should reach out to your network provider
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by davillian(m): 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Someone I know is also having same issue with Glo, his started today and it's quite annoying.
The 30-40 seconds stuff happened to me as well but that was some days ago only to finally vanish and I can't do anything without WiFi.
Have you tried calling your network provider. I also use MTN but on my other phone and I am not experiencing this. To think I just subbed 40gig���� grin grin grin cheesy
Will call them
It messes up lots of things for me and it makes some apps I use to lag....
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by ForestHill: 5:33am On Sep 19, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
Hi guys, I don't know if this is the right section but I've got a problem that needs to be resolved ASAP.
Yesterday (17/10/2021)
Wow, already in October

Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by Jazzman01: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2021
Las las Xiaomi na scam

Visit their thread and you will see many people complaining about this same type of problem and many other problems.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Your sim might be expired,have experience this long time ago,until i visit their center
UndauntedYOCA:
Yesterday (17/10/2021) I went out and got back home in time to take my usual nap, I slept and woke up about 2-3 hours later to find that I could no longer make calls, receive calls nor browse. I checked the network service side of my phone only to discover there was absolutely no network, no a since bar!
I decided to take out my reboot my phone and it was still same, I put it in my other phone and one other tab and it keeps saying 'EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY'. This is annoying as it's been over 24 hours, I've called Airtel customer care reps and they've been posting me by saying I should call back in about 2 hours, I don call them for over 4 times but it hasn't been resolved yet (I made use of a friend's Airtel line and she's gone home already).
Na WiFi I take dey post this. It's really frustrating as I am unable to do anything.
My other line (MTN) can only be used on a small phone). Also, I've cleaned the SIM card several times.
I'd appreciate your responses on what to do since Airtel reps aren't responding well.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
ForestHill:
Wow, already in October
Lol, you're not serious. grin grin grin that's an error.
Don't mind me, I'm in my own world.
I'll correct it, thanks. grin grin grin
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by UndauntedYOCA(f): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mohbola:
Xiaomi? Nawa oh Is your phone up to date? Maybe na bug or you should reach out to your network provider
I think it's an issue with network providers as I am not the only person experiencing this. I've just learnt there are many people having this same issue.
I reached out to them yesterday about 4 times but it was all futile. I'll go there Monday or Tuesday. Thank you so much and yes, my phone is up-to-date.
Re: Sim Card Palava/picture Attached by Mohbola(f): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

I think it's an issue with network providers as I am not the only person experiencing this. I've just learnt there are many people having this same issue.
I reached out to them yesterday about 4 times but it was all futile. I'll go there Monday or Tuesday. Thank you so much and yes, my phone is up-to-date.
Okay that will be better

Pls Help Ur Nigga Choose A Good Phone Pls. / .:: Vfax ::. The New Vmobile Nigeria Fax Solution / Laptop Sim Slot