Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply (7004 Views)

Amaechi Promises 20-hours Power Supply In Rivers State By March / Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target / They Are Complaining Of 3 Hours Power Failure Once Every Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by gidson12(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2011
Buoyed by the recent authority the Federal Government granted to all states of the federation to generate,
transmit and distribute power within their areas of jurisdiction, the Rivers State Government is targeting a 24-
hour year-in year-out power supply in the state in a seeming bid to stimulate sustainable economic activities.

To this end, the government has inaugurated a seven member Electricity Power Distribution Committee to work out
modalities for self sustenance in electricity supply in the state. The seven-man committee is headed
by the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), Managing Director, Mr Mutiu Summonu. The other members
are, Augustine Wokocha, Commissioner for Power; Mr Toyin Olagunju, Mr Emmanuel Georgewill and Mr Rotimi
Onanuga while Mr Minabelem Michael-West, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Power, is to serve as Secretary.

The committee’s terms of reference include reviewing the power supply situation in the state, with a view to developing a
sustainable framework for improving power supply and develop a master plan for delivering power to critical
infrastructure and industries in the state. They are equally expected to access the investment requirements for
stabilizing power supply, carry out an audit of on-going distribution and transmission projects in the state that will
impact on the power supply stability
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by gidson12(m): 11:12am On May 26, 2011
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by emekagh(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2011
Nice one!
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by ektbear: 4:07pm On May 26, 2011
Good effort. I think the main thing to do is to ensure that whoever buys the PH disco once GEJ privatizes PHCN is a credible owner.

In the meantime though, you can build your own distribution network and power key buildings (e.g., a downtown area or business district.)
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by GAR3TH(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2011
I would love to see a healthy rivalry between Lagos and Rivers state. Like the same rivalry between New York and Chicago which helped create the infrastructure you see today.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by seanet02: 4:23pm On May 26, 2011
Just setting up seven man committee my foot!!
When Fashola is already talking about completing other Power projects you are just setting up a committee
Rubbish

10 Mega Watts Project
http://www.lagospowerprojects.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=55

Another 12.5 Mega Watts already Operating

http://www.lagospowerprojects.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=56

You still dey shake?
Lagos now manufacturing its own Transformers

http://www.lagospowerprojects.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=59

And another Gbosa for Lagos here
Another 270 Megawatt Power Project already Operating

http://www.lagospowerprojects.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=57

Abeg continue with your own committee while we continue commissioning live changing projects.
Committee my foot
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by seanet02: 4:29pm On May 26, 2011
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by aletheia(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2011
seanet02:

Just setting up seven man committee my foot!!
When Fashola is already talking about completing other Power projects you are just setting up a committee
Rubbish
^
Are you well at all? Everyone has to start somewhere. . .even Lagos. Don't allow hate to blind you or render you foolish.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by phantom(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2011
grin what are you going on aboutdo you realize rivers is generating enough power to make PH alone selfsufficientrivers was just waiting for the go ahead to transmit and distribute(and i dont mean to a few government establishments), lol
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 4:50pm On May 26, 2011
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by ektbear: 4:52pm On May 26, 2011
phantom:

grin what are you going on aboutdo you realize rivers is generating enough power to make PH alone selfsufficientrivers was just waiting for the go ahead to transmit and distribute(and i dont mean to a few government establishments), lol  

Can you elaborate on the bolded? Do they plan on building their own distribution network from scratch?
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by phantom(m): 4:55pm On May 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Can you elaborate on the bolded? Do they plan on building their own distribution network from scratch?
sorry, my bad , they were waiting to TAKE OVER transmission and distribution from the federal government, smiley
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 4:56pm On May 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

You really have to watch these ibo folks and their 419 statements.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 4:57pm On May 26, 2011
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by reindeer: 10:28pm On May 26, 2011
Commendable ambition by Rivers state. I hope they succeed. It will be good for once to read news about uninterrupted power supply in Nigeria.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Mariory(m): 11:17am On May 27, 2011
Eko Ile and seanet02 stop what you are doing please. This thread is about Rivers State and it's power plans. Don't derail the thread.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by gidson12(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2011
I wonder how people reason, a post was made on a certain development in rivers state, no where on it was comparison made with lagos or fashola, and some bigots are already getting erections,  . . Smh
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by otokx(m): 2:48pm On May 31, 2011
Please gidson12 come to uniport and then start moving along the east west road or the aluu road or the nta road in any or all directions there is constant darkness so what are you talking about?
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by jmaine: 2:59pm On May 31, 2011
aletheia:

^
Are you well at all? Everyone has to start somewhere. . .even Lagos. Don't allow hate to blind you or render you foolish.

+ 1 . . .and extended to his bigoted cronies . . .
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by snowdrops(m): 3:03pm On May 31, 2011
if the issue of power can be solved, half the nations problems have been addressed.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by joyblinks(f): 3:04pm On May 31, 2011
i pray this plan succeeds because i will be the happiest person when i get back home.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Baro(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2011
Nice one.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by chino11(m): 3:28pm On May 31, 2011
All these silly talks of about lagos. Lagos this, lagos that. Still there is still no light in lagos. From Ikeja to VI to lagos Island no light. I think lagos is synonymous with darkness. So many companies had fled lagos into Ghana because of no power supply and insecurity. (Dunlop, Michellin, the list is endless). Yorubas will not seize to amaze me with their myopic comments. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by GAR3TH(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2011
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by born2boink(m): 3:36pm On May 31, 2011
grin grin grin
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by OAM4J: 3:39pm On May 31, 2011
Good one, hope the committee will not spend forever drawing a roadmap like the FG and another eternity to begin work on the roadmap.

The reason why I like Action Governor Fashola. We have an idea of the start and completion date for all his projects.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On May 31, 2011
There is a huge difference between targeting and actually making it happen . . . So good intention, so let them get busy and make it happen.

Nigeria is long due for all these
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by skkutty: 4:19pm On May 31, 2011
River State is even good. At least they have started from the drawing board. I wish the un elected Governor of my State will ever think in that direction.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by blayz0923: 4:24pm On May 31, 2011
Mariory:

Eko Ile and seanet02 stop what you are doing please. This thread is about Rivers State and it's power plans. Don't derail the thread.
otokx:

Please gidson12 come to uniport and then start moving along the east west road or the aluu road or the nta road in any or all directions there is constant darkness so what are you talking about?

OTOKX, i wonder if u just want to be heard or ur hand was just itching to type. the thread is about increasing power supply. at no point did anyone tell u there is 24 hrs power suppy.
if odili had done half of what amaechi is doing, rivers would have been a heaven with the funds the state has, instead he bought a jet, a dash 8-200series turbo prop and a helicopter.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by fxtopedia(m): 4:26pm On May 31, 2011
I am a Lagosian and I appreciate what FASHOLA is doing.
But reading someone abusing River State Gov is the reason of my comment here.

STOP the comparison! What a good move by the River State government, if you abuse
the government for taking this great step, you need to cover your head in SHAME.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by kaboninc(m): 4:34pm On May 31, 2011
chino11:

All these silly talks of about lagos. Lagos this, lagos that. Still there is still no light in lagos. From Ikeja to VI to lagos Island no light. I think lagos is synonymous with darkness. So many companies had fled lagos into Ghana because of no power supply and insecurity. (Dunlop, Michellin, the list is endless). Yorubas will not seize to amaze me with their myopic comments. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
What has ethnicity got to do with this? People cannot for one minute use their 'common sense'.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by gbolozy: 4:52pm On May 31, 2011
hope rising!, up rivers, phcn may soon embark on another strike to spoil things oooo, just like nitel did but failed woefully, fix power, and all other things will take shape, we dey wait sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Begins Construction Of Ultra-modern Markets / Robbers And Kidnappers On Rampage In Delta - Thanks To Uduaghan & GEJ / What Is Happening To TAN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.