Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 (10319 Views)

Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? / I Was Warned By Northern PDP Leader Not To Attack, Criticise Buhari Again - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
By Tonye Barcanista

Penultimate to the election of 2015, leaders of Peoples Democratic Party from the north led agitation for power shift to the region. The argument then was that it was immoral for President Goodluck Jonathan, as then was, to seek reelection under the platform of the party having entered a pact not to do so.

Seeing that they couldn't stop President Jonathan from getting the nomination of the party, they activated plan B. Some of them, like Senator Bukola Saraki, Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and host of others alongside their supporters switched to the newly formed merger, All Progressive Congress, to actualise their ambition for power shift to north. Alhaji Abubakar and Governor Kwankwaso vied for the nomination of their new party but lost to General Muhammadu Buhari. Their comrades, which remained in PDP, internally worked against PDP and Jonathan.

All of these northern politicians, alongside others, fully supported the campaign of General Buhari, which culminated into his victory over President Jonathan, and thereby actualising powers shift to the north.

Rather than to support President Jonathan, who was restricted to only 4 years in office (if reelected), they miscalculated by supporting General Muhammadu Buhari who they never knew had plans to seek reelection in 2019. When they saw the handwriting on the wall that President Buhari was to seek reelection and was favored for the nomination, they returned to PDP to lay claim to the Presidential ticket of the party. The same PDP they deserted and made to lose central power in 2015.

Southern PDP Chieftains, out of their magnanimity and need for equity and fairness, wholly accepted these returnees and backed zoning of the 2019 Presidential ticket to northern part of the country in line with equity and fairness. That process threw up Alhaji Abubakar, who had left in 2014 but returned in 2018 as the candidate of the party, to challenge President Buhari of APC.

As we approach 2023, it would be unfair for the party to shortchange the south in the guise of appeasing these northern chieftains. I hold two reasons for this;

The first is that President Buhari, who these northern PDP chieftains helped bring to power, is a northerner. And it won't be fair to the south for another northerner to seek to succeed him as after uninterrupted eight years in office in 2023. The moral thing is for the party to look towards the south instead.

Secondly, the southern PDP, and by extension southern Nigeria, was the biggest loser in the loss of PDP and Jonathan in 2015. More so, for the fact that the 2015 loss was catalysed by the actions of these northern PDP chieftains, it would be unfair and amount to double tragedy for the region to be made to give up its opportunity to appease the same people that brought about the tragedy.

Therefore, the PDP Zoning Committee under the leadership of His Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, should as a matter of patriotism, fairness and justice, do the needful by zoning the party's National Chairmanship seat to the north and the Presidential ticket to the south.

May I also state that the south, being the stronghold of the party, is capable to galvanise support for a Presidential candidate from the south and deliver victory to the party at the polls in 2023. Furthermore, more than 55% of the northern electorates are comfortable with power shift to the south in 2023, and are looking up to PDP to make this happen.

I remain Tamunotonye Tonye Barcanista Inioribo

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by seunmsg(m): 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6726995/2023-why-pdp-cannot-afford

Just last month, you advocated for PDP to throw its presidential ticket open and not zone it to the south. Barely three weeks later, you are back with another thread to advocate for the same ticket to be zoned to the south. Guy, is FFK your mentor? It seems you guys have lots of things in common.
I come in peace grin grin cheesy

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Nonpartisan1: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
I have said it before; However, let me repeat it here for the sake of the uninitiated, any party that fields a Northerner in 2023, will lose the election before the first ballot is cast.

The kind of rigging that would happen in the South, even if the North counted all the cows in the desert they won't meet up the figures that we are going churn out from the South..

Enough Said!

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2021
seunmsg:

Just last month, you advocated for PDP to throw its presidential ticket open and not zone it to the south. Barely three weeks later, you are back with another thread to advocate for the same ticket to be zoned to the south. Guy, is FFK your mentor? It seems you guys have lots of things in common.
It's good you brought that up! The problem with people like you is that you don't read beyond headline!

If you read the first thread, you will see where I stated that it would be unfair for the north to be preferred after the tenure of Buhari... Now in this thread, I looked at the issue once again and come to reality that the plight of northern PDP agitators was self inflicted... Through the support given to Buhari.

The two threads aren't contradictory, the second simply address the issue from an angle that the first didnt capture.

Now who is like FFK? YOU! How, you talk because you feel like talking rather than intellectually engage.

The problem with FFK is that he jumps, like you just did, to cast aspersion but always got humbled at the end- like I just did to you.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by BigSarah(f): 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
Morals and politics? What's the relation...

Huge joke

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by NwaNimo1(m): 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
They may well also be double agents.....

[img]https://media./images/173e83cc7048bc6b25c4a029c6b5bbcf/tenor.gif[/img]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
BigSarah:
Morals and politics? What's the relation...

Huge joke
As in eh
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Any northerner, be you Atiku, pantiku or bratiku will be rejected!

1 Like

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by LegalWolf: 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Honestly, I don’t have issues with your position. But you keep falling into the pit of ethnic myopia and it’s related concepts. Northerners clamoring for presidency are doing it for their own personal ambition and they are NOT representative of the Northern People. Same way with most southerners as well. So, fitting it into this perspective that North wants Presidency just doesn’t cut it for me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Bonesking(m): 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
You hit the nail bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by tradepunter: 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by CXLVII: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
The Northern political wing of PDP is the life line

Take them out of the picture and party will cease to exist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Abbeyme: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
What concerns morality with politics.
Nothing.

Abeg i get two iPhones for sale

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by EILTD(m): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
Quite surprised to see the U-turn of Tonye. I thought you were advocating for Atiku? So what brought about this sudden change? What part of the south do you advocate the Presidential ticket to be zoned to? The SE, SS or SW.

At least you just spoke about for equity reasons in your article, the reason I want clarification?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by chloride6: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
I'll never understand Atiku not supporting Jonathan in 2015...

All you had to do was wait 4 years...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Stubborngirl: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
Local Foods in Nigeria That Are Good For The Eye
https://kingsmedics.com/local-foods-in-nigeria-that-are-good-for-the-eye/
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by EdoRabbit(f): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
G
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by blamingthedevil: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
PDP is a terrorist Party....is no longer existing

Party now belongs to IPOB Taliban- Vanguard

12 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Ikennadex: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
H
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Ogamysamo: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
terrorism is government
government is ruled with terror

too much error
trying to make a better government for nigeria will most likely turn zero

because their are uncountable hidden errors their which will be capable of choking anybody who find himself their, and until he concord he live in terror. and may not do any better
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by uthlaw: 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
Osibanjo/Zulum will take over from 2023!

10 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Hemanwel(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
Tonye Barcanista, all this epistle you put here does not concern these northern people you're attacking.
Theirs is that you should convince bros Jona to come out of political retirement and contest the 2023 general elections, under any political party.
They will have no other choice than gladly vote him massively; since it will favour them with regard to power rotation and zoning.

Think smart, bro!

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by DropsMic(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
Northerners
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by CXLVII: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
EILTD:
Quite surprised to see the U-turn of Tonye. I thought you were advocating for Atiku? So what brought about this sudden change? What part of the south do you advocate the Presidential ticket to be zoned to? The SE, SS or SW.

At least you just spoke about for equity reasons in your article, the reason I want clarification?

Atiku’s money has expired.

6 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by dat9jaguy(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
seunmsg:

Na today you know say the OP is a very inconsistent sombori.
The guy has been inconsistent in his views since the year 2015.
The best thing is just to take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

11 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Oppy2k2: 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
q
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Trumann: 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
If PDP fields a Northern candidate, it will lose. If Apc fields a Northern candidate, it will lose. Any party that fields a Northern candidate in 2023 will lose. Northerners are romancing Igbos thinking the VP ticket will get them SE votes.

Look at the picture attached. In 2011, Buhari was thinking like a regional champion. He won the Northern states but lost woefully despite using an Igbo man as VP to garner Igbo votes.

2023, this will repeat itself. Any party who foolishly gives the North its ticket will lose. Guaranteed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Trumann: 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

It's good you brought that up! The problem with people like you is that you don't read beyond headline!

If you read the first thread, you will see where I stated that it would be unfair for the north to be preferred after the tenure of Buhari... Now in this thread, I looked at the issue once again and come to reality that the plight of northern PDP agitators was self inflicted... Through the support given to Buhari.

The two threads aren't contradictory, the second simply address the issue from an angle that the first didnt capture.

Now who is like FFK? YOU! How, you talk because you feel like talking rather than intellectually engage.

The problem with FFK is that he jumps, like you just did, to cast aspersion but always got humbled at the end- like I just did to you.
[/s]

That is how you keep begging for crumbs for politicians every 4 years. You started this nonsense right from when Obanikoro was contesting for Governorship in Lagos. Today, his son is in the House of Reps, you are still going political houseboy.
You are a political prostitute, morally bankrupt, ethically Unstable, of no fixed occupation and a political housefly. Keep perching from table to table till you perch on the wrong table.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by eleko1: 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
sad May we NOT go back to Egypt the 2nd time.MUHAMMADU really ruin the Economy.

8 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Oppy2k2: 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
No way to Northern agenda. The southy don wake up.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Oppy2k2: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
g

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Commissioner, Bunmi Jenyo Donates Salary To 20 Aides / Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! / Vision FM Replies NBC: 'We Did Not Violate Any Law, Review Suspension & Fine'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.