Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' (20154 Views)

Taiwan And Japan's Joy At AUKUS Submarine Pact To Take On China(Pictures) / Boris Johnson And Girlfriend, Carrie Symonds Move Into Downing Street / Boris Johnson Is The New Prime Minister Of The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 19, 2021
France should go and sit down. France is an opportunist too. If a nation says she doesnt want business with you again take it in peace. What's the problem? If France like, let her recall all her citizens from Austrlia and the US. What recent good thing has France contributed recently? Only to be making useless Submarines and doing eye services to Africans. To invest in making the world better, they dont do. To invest in food and good living for all, they dont do. Only to be making weapons of war. Very irritating things. Making weapons to level another and then start boasting of being world power..

2 Likes

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Ogurube: 12:59am On Sep 19, 2021
Dude, right from the days of which Woodrow Wilson? He wasn't even alive when WW2 happened. I guess you're talking about FDR. BTW, Britain helped prevent France's annihilation by the Germans in WW1 and WW2. Make you stop to dey yarn dust.

diplomat058:
Yes, The British have always been American lapdogs. Right from days of Woodrow Wilson when the US saved their parasitic ass from the fierce and furious Germans, the rest has been a case of an home boy tiptoeing his master. Even British Foreign Policy is essentially applied Anglo-American interests.

Some days ago when I read in the news that the UK is showing some muscles to China along the Taiwan straits, I laugh in Gibraltar. Surely, they dare not dare the Russians. It wont take Putin some days to remind Boris that, without the Americans, Britain and it's land amassing Queen are just an upgraded Morocco

5 Likes

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by ken6488(m): 1:33am On Sep 19, 2021
OriOko88:

You right. And that's why the UK wanted to leave d EU, so as to strike strategic deals and form alliance such as this aukus. The UK would not been part of d deal if its still in EU, cos d EU would hv blocked it
Exactly it is all a game plan

That's how Britain has survived for years
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by ken6488(m): 1:35am On Sep 19, 2021
In nature there is no permanent friend or enemy
We have permanent intrest

1 Like

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by ogwumgbe: 2:13am On Sep 19, 2021
diplomat058:
Yes, The British have always been American lapdogs. Right from days of Woodrow Wilson when the US saved their parasitic ass from the fierce and furious Germans, the rest has been a case of an home boy tiptoeing his master. Even British Foreign Policy is essentially applied Anglo-American interests.

Some days ago when I read in the news that the UK is showing some muscles to China along the Taiwan straits, I laugh in Gibraltar. Surely, they dare not dare the Russians. It wont take Putin some days to remind Boris that, without the Americans, Britain and it's land amassing Queen are just an upgraded Morocco

Britain still remains the world power, it's language is used for almost everything : in other words, they are still world power by proxy and you should know that US and Britain are historically one people including Australia

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by palsenator(m): 2:29am On Sep 19, 2021
MrsDot:
I taught the Uk and France were besties undecided?!Have you checked out the beautiful preloved items I have for sale smiley smiley

2,000 naira each only

https://www.nairaland.com/6758009/na-mumu-dey-go-boutique

So besties don't have issues? They don't fight?
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by ExtraVioment: 2:46am On Sep 19, 2021
E pain am.

France drink kunu or kool aid. It will be helpful.

Australia has a mind of its own too. Just like many African countries. Respect their wishes. Sit back, enjoy your legendary country. You are Much respected. Right now USA, Israel, China, Russia, Germany, Australia, Japan, Korea, and even UK (another legend) are busy with global affairs. Maybe soon igbo people will be in that league, because we can't keep discussing cows, herders, and unknowns, when our other human beings are doing efficiency and space exploring and mining.
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Cousin9999: 3:02am On Sep 19, 2021
The pervs need to stop crying. No one cares.

Aukus forever! lol

1 Like

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by jaxxy(m): 3:48am On Sep 19, 2021
diplomat058:

Not anymore than France is also a lap dog to America, bt that’s not even what this is about. This is post Brit exit alliances of which Britain is just starting to build. It needs the deal more than France. It has the capability more than France in this specific area and forms a strategic alliance while boosting its new economy post britext which it desperately needs.

America had already agreed to work and support Britain on this new path. That’s how all this comes to makes sense in the bigger picture.

And No Britain is not an upgraded Morocco. They are a capable force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by madjune(m): 3:56am On Sep 19, 2021
EMAXIM:
If you're lost on this AUKUS and France issue like myself say hi

Go and watch BB naija.
Obviously world politics is above your level presently.

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by akigbemaru: 4:17am On Sep 19, 2021
hansomb:
No permanent friend or permanent enemy, but permanent interest. . . . That's the golden rule of the White man.

AUKUS means the masterminds and France only mad because it is no FAUKUS, which means FAKE.
Just because France is building Nuclear plant for China and already secured some juicy trade deals with Chinese, the French President wants the EU to reduce its reliance on America’s made weapons. Now he cries foul because his country is yanked out of the Indo-pacific power matrix

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by nervorum: 4:59am On Sep 19, 2021
France is not being realistic. So if they build the subs for Aussie, what next? It maybe rude for them to be sidelined, but I think this move is necessary to deter China's rising influence in the indo-pacific. Besides, if France was Aussie, given btw diesel-powered and nuclear-powered sub, which would they go for at this age and time? The US did same for Britain in 1958.

Europe needs to put her act together and begin to build more formidable alliances against the existential threat of China, Russia and radical Islam.

AUKUS maybe seen to benefit the defence industrial complex of US/UK, but its strategic benefit is worth more than any short term economic reward. Why would France be carried along, with all these traitors in NATO (which by the way needs to be reformed).

The US is not perfect. Every country would always do what benefits or mutually benefits them. This type of strategic thinking and positioning is what nations who want to retain a stake at the global power table should be pursuing. Not just 'putting food' on the table. The French have an axe to grind with Australia, not the US or UK.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by nervorum: 5:07am On Sep 19, 2021
akigbemaru:

AUKUS means the masterminds and France only mad because it is no FAUKUS, which means FAKE.
Just because France is building Nuclear plant for China and already secured some juicy trade deals with Chinese, the French President wants the EU to reduce its reliance on America’s made weapons. Now he cries foul because his country is yanked out of the Indo-pacific power matrix

France building nuclear plant for China, and Germany building gas pipeline from Russia thru Ukraine to mainland Germany. The two most powerful economies in EU, handing 'more power' to Russia and China, and they want to be taken seriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Sagefromtheeast: 5:11am On Sep 19, 2021
UK has always been a leech
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Caseless: 5:25am On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
This deal pained France in no small measure.

A good deal for US, Australia and UK

US now focuses her attention to Asia Pacific indirectly establishing her footholds in Australia to counter China.

Good for America Military Industrial Complex and creating thousands of jobs for US and UK citizens

Smart move by Biden and Boris.

France take ❤️

France should remember that US and UK rescued her in World War Ii....if not French citizens would be speaking german today
check what France did for USA too.
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by pacespot(m): 5:28am On Sep 19, 2021
diplomat058:

You call a nuclear power an upgraded Morocco All these European countries are superpowers on their own: France, Germany, UK and even Italy. They just tiptoe America to avoid any clash of interest like the current diplomatic row with France over Australia nuclear-powered submarines. I believe you don't want to see the wrath of British soldiers, they fought alongside American in most of their Middle East exploits.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by nijanigga: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2021
The same France that is forcefully asking thier French speaking colonies to deposit thier national incomes with them and then in turn give them back in loans with an insane interest rates.?
Have you seen the bravado Hitler walked at the effifel towers ?
Let them go form alliance with China or Russia .
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Elidrisy20: 6:44am On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

US now focuses her attention to Asia Pacific indirectly establishing her footholds in Australia to counter China.

Good for America Military Industrial Complex and creating thousands of jobs for US and UK citizens

France take ❤️

France should remember that US and UK rescued her in World War Ii....if not French citizens would be speaking german today
guy you wicked, make macron no see this your post ooo

1 Like

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by almarthins(m): 7:03am On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

France take ❤️

France should remember that US and UK rescued her in World War Ii....if not French citizens woulde be speaking german today

No mind France. Dem don forget say if no be UK and America. Dem for still dey fight guerilla warfare with Germany. And besides I wonder which mago mago Dem play to put France up as world power. They re nt beta than most of those other European countries. They should also recall all their ambassadors in all of those stoog francophone African nations
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by siant: 7:03am On Sep 19, 2021
diplomat058:

What is meaning of all these?
Britain and American share similar historical,social and cultural tie quite right from time immemorial. Those who discovered America actually migrated from Britain. America see Britain as its origin, just the way yoruba towns see Ile Ife as their home. American founding fathers changed some British English words and written in order to make them (Americans) unique and have sense of being independent. Even Australia is made up of British early settlers. That is why the the country speakes British English.

Today, UK remains the United States' closest ally. They consult each other, share information and formulate their policies in the same direction on global and issues.

4 Likes

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Workch: 7:08am On Sep 19, 2021
heniford2:
France and Uk and US are all brothers there enemy is China the will sink China soon
I don’t think they can. China has got some brutal allies in Russia and North Korea
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Deserea: 7:12am On Sep 19, 2021
BuddhaPalm:

France pretty much gave the US independence too. They are long-time allies.

I think they should pacify France with some payments, at the minimum, and also apologize.
What sort of entitlement mentality is this

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by almarthins(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2021
diplomat058:

British fought the world war alone along with other nation who joined the war when their interest was no longer guaranteed eg Russia. You re wrong to have called British American lapdogs. American join the world war 2 after the Pearl habour attack of 7th December 1941. So it means British had been fighting all alone since 1939. And besides, America is an extension of british empire, they came out of british.

2 Likes

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by OLORIPAPA: 7:16am On Sep 19, 2021
The thing pain France no be small,they were out smarter out of the deal.I blame Thier handlers
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by EMAXIM(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2021
madjune:

Go and watch BB naija.
Obviously world politics is above your level presently.

How old are you?

How is the world politics putting food on your table?
If in anyway it does, I will send a flight fare to you.
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by olugabbie(m): 7:26am On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

France take ❤️

Lol! The US should also remember the role France played in 1789. France supported the US when it was fighting for independent. France assisted the US to defeat Britain. Which is why they call France, US oldest ally.
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 19, 2021
GenAbacha:

E say na Morocco grin

Putin is in a world of his own sha, I respect the guy.

But France must realize now that the Americans are taking the war to China.

You think he decided to be in a "world of his own"?. Him and is country has been sidelined by Western powers. Russia was kicked out G-7. It's economy is under some US sanctions. Russia can't count on any western power for support. Western powers put Putin in a world of his own!
Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by olugabbie(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2021
EMAXIM:

How is the world politics putting food on your table?
If in anyway it does, I will send a flight fare to you.

Bro! It is not compulsory that you must comment on every trend. Everybody can not think or act like you.

1 Like

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Buliwyf: 7:44am On Sep 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
France should go and sit down. France is an opportunist too. If a nation says she doesnt want business with you again take it in peace. What's the problem? If France like, let her recall all her citizens from Austrlia and the US. What recent good thing has France contributed recently? Only to be making useless Submarines and doing eye services to Africans. To invest in making the world better, they dont do. To invest in food and good living for all, they dont do. Only to be making weapons of war. Very irritating things. Making weapons to level another and then start boasting of being world power..

Really? You mean if someone signs a contract with you for you to build something for him, the person can just wake up one day and cancel the contract without compensating you for the time and money you have invested in it or even giving you the courtesy of a heads-up?
It's very clear you don't know how contracts work. Tell me which country you know that has ever taken that lying down.
Sometimes before you write make sure you remove your bias first.

1 Like

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Buliwyf: 7:49am On Sep 19, 2021
nervorum:

France building nuclear plant for China, and Germany building gas pipeline from Russia thru Ukraine to mainland Germany. The two most powerful economies in EU, handing 'more power' to Russia and China, and they want to be taken seriously.

So what do you think France and Germany should do? Cancel their trade partnerships with all those countries because of the US? You mean Germany should leave cheap gas from Russia and import expensive gas from the US? I will like to hear your suggestion because it seems you are an expert on what is best for those countries. As if the US doesn't build fighter jets for China.

You people just talk based on sentiments and not one modicum of reality.

1 Like

Re: AUKUS: France Calls Boris Johnson An Opportunist 'fifth Wheel On The Carriage' by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2021
achillesfoot:
From all the comments read, I can see that only a very few knows the true history.. Those Saying Britain is America's lapdog or whatever, pls go back to your history class... USA, Canada, Australia the whole of the common wealth are all British including your very Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa even that China that's making noise, Hong Kong and the list goes on are all British... The British have over the years perfected the act of camouflage. In conclusion this is just the case of brothers fighting over who gets the bigger meat after sharing the rice...

Get rid of your colonial mentality! This is the 21sf century and in this 21st century, the UK is mostly subservient to the US. If you really want to have an idea, read about the Suez canal crisis. When Britian (together with Isreal and France) invaded the Sinai, the US threatened to destroy the British financial system. That was how Britian shamefully backed off. Many Historians would tell you that incident marked the death of Britian as a major world power!

You see the UK flexing Naval might in the South China Sea. it is because the US has done it and continues to do it and supports the UK doing it. If the US was not there, UK wouldn't dare venture into that area!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 / Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG / U.S Supreme Court Allows The Release Of Trump's Tax Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.