Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas (3194 Views)

How I Started My Fashion Brand - CYPAID, Designer / Entrepreneur / Online Home Fashion & Lifestyle Accessories / Abuja Fashion & Lifestyle Blog: How To Wear A Corset Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ok. I'll be updating this post of mine as time progresses. If you don't like it, you can simply ignore. It's that simple.
Pictures and word descriptions will be added every now and then till I'm tired.

It's a passion, a hobby, a way of life (lifestyle) and dear to me.
I don't copy people's ideas please.
I imagine mine and it flows out. This way, I feel satisfied.
Ehen, for those who would think I'm stupid for posting my designs where they could be copied and plagiarized, I say, ' I know what I'm doing '

It doesn't matter . There's plenty more where that came from ( the heart, the mind) I am not really worried. I'll post the ones that I can afford to loose to anonymous persons. Some are for my eyes and those of my team only. I won't upload those ones. Besides, this will be like and archive for future years to come.
When I become a global brand ( amen, God's willing) I'll come back to NL and say, ' wow guys, I did it! Remember that time I used to upload....'
And then you would celebrate with me. You will know that the journey started a long time back.

I was never into Fashion. I studied Telecommunication Systems and Engineering in university. But that inner dormant talent was waiting to bring itself to life with, or without my consent. I'll speak on this and more as time goes by. You'll better understand me.

Addendum-
Isn't life just funny? In Naija, what you read in the university these days doesn't determine what job you find yourself doing. So, I found myself somehow, working in interior decorations . I still do. It's like I forced myself to major in sciences when my heart's actual yearning was with the Arts. I did this from highschool all the way into university. ( Facepalm emoji)
Addendum:
A BRIEF HISTORY ABOUT MY JOURNEY
When I was little boy of 5 years of age I started trying to learn how to draw. I got this from my elder brother. He was good at it. Like really good. I was inspired by his skills and I started trying to master the art of making lines connect to give birth to a form or shape. I was enjoying the process. It was paying off. I became immersed in arts.
In my elementary school years I was one of those pupils who were recognized by their peers for being creative and artsy. Junior high school was when I used to do female students classwork ( punishable offense) for them during arts class. They would come sneaking up to me and plead with puppy dog eyes. As a womanizer that I was, I couldn't pass on such offers (wink) They increased my " reps" as we called it back then. Oh, I remember those fine dark malo (Hausa) chicks now. Lol, as a Christian, I would be found drawing elegant mosques with cresent moons for them when we were given such home or classwork. They were even my juniors in class. We used to have a combined arts class with their set.
Funny stuff. See what love for mosquito- sized boobs and soft bumbum caused me that year. I was popular in my set sha. So, it wasn't as if I was a simp for girls. I knew when to put them girls in check if and when they overstepped. True story.

Moving on...
My first love was drawing cars, automobiles. Not clothes. Then came the addiction to drawing buildings and houses. Fashion was last and least.
I'll cut the long story here.

It's for anyone's viewing pleasure that I make these posts.
Thanks for reading. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 11:05am On Sep 19, 2021
Good Sunday to everyone sha.

Let me drop some old works of mine...
#file #archives #NairalandIssaferthanINSTAGRAM& FACEBOOKaccountthatcanbehackedanddeleted #Lol #happenedmorethannonce

Eyahh...the dress on the stripped paper was one of those ones I designed back in 2018 when I was jus beginning to grow in my interest in fashion and equally developing the skill of taking out ideas in my head and putting them down on paper. Practice makes better. Little fond memories sha...

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2021
Nawa oh... photos can't even fit properly. Not clear. Mtsheww
Photos are clearer in my gallery, but blurry and irritating when I upload them to Nairaland.
* Nerve-racking * undecided

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2021
This is my ladies flats design/idea that I did a while back...dug it up .

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Sorry the photos are not ' quite clear '
Na the way wey I see am , ohh

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
Trying to get that picture perfect snapshot.
Lol...I manage try. Just for added effects
#fashion

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by NiklauseFred(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
You're doing well
Why don't you go in to fashion?
Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 5:02am On Sep 20, 2021
NiklauseFred:
You're doing well
Why don't you go in to fashion?
Hi.
Thanks for the compliment. It's appreciated.
I'll answer your question in subsequent posts. I'm still updating. Telling a bit of my story while I upload snapshots of my drawings from past and present times.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.
It means people are actually reading through. Good to know.
Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 5:23am On Sep 20, 2021
Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:01am On Sep 20, 2021
I did say lifestyle in my topic title, right?
So, I believe designing clothes as well as cars still qualifies as a lifestyle.
So... That supercar Mercedes Benz you see in that drawing by me ( totally from my imagination,not copied) was an idea ( still is) I came up with for @ Mercedes Benz company. I used to love Mercedes, although, BMW was my favorite of all time. That has since changed. BMW has dropped down my list. Mercedes has risen to second position on my fave list.

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:06am On Sep 20, 2021
... Sefunmi Artistry is what I scribbled down there
I made this design long time ago. Awwn, memories...

I want couture dresses, haute couture, to be my trademark. I don't know when and how I took up interest in liking female dresses, especially gowns. Flamboyant ones.
I want to be a household name similar to the likes of the Dolce & Gabbanas of this world, Alexander Wang, Versace couture, Oscar Delarenta, John Galliano, Gucci, Balmain, and the rest of them which you all know.
I know right? It's kinda of odd for a boy, especially a Nigerian boy to be so emotionally attached to women's clothes like this. If it were to be those white boys or westerners, it would be understandable. Lol. Almost all the talented male designers in Hollywood ( the fashion branch of it) as well as those not in Hollywood are gay as heck. Research it if you doubt this. Jeremy Scott ooh, D&G brothers ooh, late Alexander McQueen ( RIP, Love his t-shirts,) and many more of them. It's like the pass to becoming a great, renowned designer globally is to be gay or a homo****. Is it the hidden , satanists elite agenda at work? Lol .. nah, not me. I'll make it somehow. God dey.

' God that started a good thing IN YOU is more than able to see it to completion '
It's written in the Bible even.

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:39am On Sep 20, 2021
I think I was trying to sketch a paisely design short sleeve shirt here... Anyway...it looks better on the laptop with the aid of computer software. Yes, I have those too. But I won't be posting them now as those look more like finished works and easier for anyone to steal and copy one's ideas. These ones are all my old works that were hand drawn. Just sharing my transitioning and journey with you all. For memories sake.

You know we have plenty other designers on this NL space viewing threads nau. Abi...so, one has to post only what he can afford to loose.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:49am On Sep 20, 2021
Did this I think in 2018 too
I am good with illustrations. I might not be a badass tailor, bit I'm good at interpreting ad illustrating Fashion designs.
I explain each detail word for word to the best of my ability. So, it's sometimes hard for you to steal or copy my work and understanding every detail to be able to replicate it. You might get stuck or hit a brick wall.

I have to explain to you, 'what is what and why ' in the drawing or sketch. That way, the ideas can be pieced properly together and a doable design and realistic finished work is gauranteed or achieved.
As one who didn't learn this from anyone, or any fashion school , I'm still learning every now and then. It's a journey. So, I'm proud of my self so far.
Let's just say I have a flare for creativity. It's inside of me. It came with me. I'm only trying to nurse it. God, into you capable hands I commit my dealings and aspirations ooh to gauranty good tidings and an expected end !
My expectations will not be cut short in the name of Jesus. Amen !

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 7:48am On Sep 20, 2021

I want it all ! I may be sounding greedy to you , but it is not so much about greed than it is about ' fulfilment '
Yes, I want to feel fulfilled towards the end of my lifetime knowing that I did all the things I set out to do and accomplished most, off not all of them to certain extents.
I'm just that kid who wants to live out my dreams. Like, literally speaking.
There have been dreams I have had in the sleep state where I'm in the dream realm laughing, talking, relating with celebrities and certain politicians whom the world idolize. I'm talking on a global scale.
I believe what these visions ( dreams, if you like) from the Spirit are telling me is something like this;
' My child or son, you have the grace upon your life, your head, to make global strides and to succeed at them according to the measure of grace accorded to you.
( Remember, grace is given accordingly. Differently )
Everyone has a God given grace as He deemed fit. Ask around, or read the Bible to confirm this claim. It is written.
Continuing...
The Spirit I feel is telling me ' you can do all your heart desires if only you seek me continually, shun carnality and perhaps, stay connected to the vine ( John Chapter 15, verse 4 )
I want that international recognition for my work in whatever industries I venture into.
Be it in the automobile, fashion, real estate, hospitality and furniture making industries. I want a them all !
I would like to believe the grace is sufficient. I've seen the infant steps playing out.

Photo contents:
1st - A detailed ladies fitted gown
2nd - My ' Hotel Nigeria , Abuja ' design from complete imagination. For real...

I'll update more later when I come back.
Gotta run...
Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
Some sneaker designs from my collection.
Totally my ideas.
Some years ago, I used to be crazy about sneakers. Hightops especially. I was a collector, but nothing lasts forever nau.
I'm still not understanding what some photos are uploading now clearly than others oh. Whats wrong with the picture resolution. 4mb supposed to be max, isn't it.. is not bringing out the beauty in my drawings as it should. Hmmm

2nd photo is an area in Abuja in the future. I'll choose Garki or Utako area.
My legacy would comprise of :
- Real Estate and landscaping
- Automobile brand
- Fashion
- Furnitures making
- Hospitality ( hotels, restaurants, spas, resorts (small-scale resorts)
- Cutleries manufacturing
I will do them all by His grace. Till my gray, dying days. Not giving up. No matter the odds they stack up against me. No matter what anyone says. The satisfaction is what keeps motivated.
To help the poor and needy is my earnest desire. Shelter homes for them. The list too long , jareh. Make I no talk am all.

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
Did this back in 2017 December or 2018...
My high ankle ladies boots.
Leather and suede versions to be available.

1 Like

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
For those of us who are beanie fans for those long, dreadful winter months.
Living below Sub-Zero temperatures during the winter season back when I was in uni, I often got nasty frostbites on my ears. Then I realized that I needed to cop that beanie sharp sharp. Plus they are trendy, but only if the design on them is cool.
So these are just some of my own creations. I'll do some later on. Whenever.
SEF Beanies : ' Headgears you can count on...'

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:08am On Sep 21, 2021
...this kaftans for those our fine,fine daddies who like to rock them. Pulling up to church in their "Sunday best" as it's called.
This blurry resolution is not doing my drawings any justice...kilon shele bayi

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:11am On Sep 21, 2021
An eye for de-tails (details)
These are all old sketches from 2018 and 19...see how time has flown by...chimoo!

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:21am On Sep 21, 2021

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2021
As you can see...a beautiful black lady sampling one of my dresses. In Jim Iyke's advert voice- 'isnt she beautiful ? '
The luxury cupboard, luxury mirror with embellishments are to compliment her looks. My designs.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2021
.. sorry it's not too clear. I don't know what's d probs. I've tried more than once. Anyways..

A lil history first...
Growing up I used to see quite a handful of wristwatches whenever I went into my dad's room. Of course, and when he wore them on as well. Omega, Seiko, Swizz army, Rolex, Caterpillar chronograph, Emporio Armani...where some of the ones I can remember. He seemed to like timepieces. I once took his gold Seiko to school without his knowledge...I was little. So, my interest in watches developed with time.
For about two years now, I've decided to add owning a wristwatch brand on my bucket list. I've studied the pieces, the mechanizations, and the type of materials (leather and steel, etc) that could be used in the types that I want. Internet helped sha.
The hour and minutes dials I Incorporated into the design are two Oriental-style towers. Almost like a Pagoda. It represents the Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Thai people and you know the rest of them. It's going to be a market strategy. And you know nouveau rich folks in Southeastern Asia don't joke with watches. They will buy,buy,buy!

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:46am On Sep 21, 2021
Under my empire, we hope to add bangles, bracelets to our collection. I can't post most of the designs here because those ones can easily be plagiarized and manufactured quickly by those who are already in the line of business. But I have cool ideas that I created... awesome styles.
When they told me to dream big, I replied them,
" how big ? "
Your dreams must be bigger than their expectations. It must scare even yourself. When they tell you to jump. You tell them, "how high"
You have big, high dreams. That's the message.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 6:55am On Sep 21, 2021
Some trendy, casual denim J's for the young guys.
Got a whole lot of them in different styles. Only post these two. I worked my brain, so, I can't come and be my own undoing nau...lol.

So...Keep viewing guys....it's all about showcasing...
Merci!

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 7:04am On Sep 21, 2021
-Shawty told me her arm was sprained, broken.
- I knew she wasn't joking
-It hurt.
-She needed to wear a casting.
- I gave her something more lasting
-An arm bangle instead.
-So she made sure I was well fed grin tongue
* Rap bars * lol.

We'll have arm candies for the pretty ladies under our brand. With exaggerated designs and sophistication.
Did this back in 2018 as a first time trial...I love jewelry for both genders.
Gold and silver plated version to be made. 3D printer will do the job of making the patterns and inscriptions, incisions. Normal, normal.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2021
Just another quick sketch of a watch...I didn't take my time to do it well

We will also have a children's collection. Babies too. We'll make shorts, underwear, t-shirts and so on.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 7:23am On Sep 21, 2021
Sleeveless denims...
That summer vibe...
Urban street wear

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 7:30am On Sep 21, 2021
I mean, what's a fashion brand without a fashion house, right? Literally speaking.
One of our proposed Warehouses.
All from imagination. No copycatting.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 7:42am On Sep 21, 2021
I remember doing this sometime back. Awwn
I was imagining what a corridor of my warehouse would possibly look like . We have an ironing area for straightening out wears . Other specifications too.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 7:46am On Sep 21, 2021
The House Of SEF
SEF Collections ( of course, not the name to be eventually used )
Only for Nairaland waka waka grin
You won't even know it's me in real life by the time the empire is built. Got to keep myself anonymous till then.

First photo...
So when you as a customer come in to shop any of our collections, we'll entertain you with soft music, champagne, wine, confectionery and so on, in a grande lobby, lounge...
Make sure your pockets are deep , oh. grin cheesy
Ehen...because we don't haggle (price) items here ohhh.
That Versace rug will definitely not be there. Na ment?
My own logo will feature cool hehe.
The KU you see inscribed on the pillar is an initial representing my Dad and mum's names. The first letters of their first names - Kola and U( have to keep this anonymous to prevent being identified in anyway)

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 8:13am On Sep 21, 2021
Don't worry, at SEF if and when you are caught shoplifting , we no dey naked person and beat am. No.
Come-on nau...that's not classy. grin We would still hold respect for your body even if you didn't respect our rules.
Management will simply just take nice pictures of you and upload them all to our social media platforms with your name and crime. Shikenan! smiley
Then you will be barred from shopping at any of our outlets worldwide for one year. When you return, you would have been repentant. grin Daz it.

" Issa simple sturvz " in the voice of falz the bahd guy. No need for unecessary flogging and nudity.
Got to go...when I'm back I'll do some more postings. Have a blessed day all.

Re: My Fashion, Lifestyle ideas by SefunmiHookups: 9:50am On Sep 21, 2021
For those regular premium clientele of our brand (we consider them as family ) We would have a weekly hosting for them at our exclusive rooftop restaurant as a gesture of our appreciation , and to further market our brand to their friends. We'll issue membership cards with personal ID's and codes. You must be strategic in running a brand. They are plenty of them already.
So we would have features like open mic nights, drama plays, comedy performances, cosplay, amidst fine wining and dining. Once in a while, invite some notable singers to come serenade the guests. This all takes place at night. So it's a night-themed affair. No kids under the age of 18 will be allowed in. Leave your kids at home and come and enjoy yourself with your friends and business associates. We need all y'all patronages, mbok.
Oh, meals are free , by the way. Don Periogne, Ace of spades champagne, Ciroc diced pineapples , sparkling water, freshly pressed juices and wines are all on the house, but you will be additionally billed if you exceed your stipulated ration. Don't come and put me out of business, mbok. grin
SEF Collections : You came, we served! (Abeg no one should steal this motto biko) I said pls.

58 tables in total. Stewards and waiters on standby. Bouncers on guard just incase. Security is also stationed on the ground floor. Serene environment. You can get drunk and pass out. We'll happily clean your slimy mess up like the baby that you are. smiley Then take you into one of our decently furnished suites and when you wake up by noon with or without a hangover, our staff would present you your billing for using our rooms. Who asked you to drink to stupor? undecided
Moderation is key on the restaurant grounds. Because the champagne won't stop flowing. It's on standby, but beware....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand Name Handbags At Wholesale Prices (with Pictures) / Learn How To Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth / Who Wore It Better: Kim Kardashian Or Mrs. Doubtfire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.