Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail (12996 Views)

Senate Says It Is Ready To Amend Nigerian Constitution To Okay State Police / 2019: South East Governors Did Not Influence Results To Favour Buhari - Umahi / State, Community Police: Senate To Amend Constitution To Allow Its Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Layze(m): 3:06am On Sep 19, 2021
The Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has warned that the bid by some interests to amend the Value Added Tax (VAT) to favour the Federal Government against other tiers of government will fail.

This is coming a day after the Governor presided over a southern governors meeting in Enugu in which they reaffirmed their commitment to fiscal federalism and expressed their support for the position that state governments have been empowered to collect VAT.

In his reaction to the ongoing debate, Akeredolu believes that the issue of collection of VAT by state governments has been settled against the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) despite the court order directing parties in the dispute to maintain status quo pending the determination of the substantive suit before it.

Akeredolu said, “Our (the states’) position is that having looked at the law, it is there clearly for us to see that taxation, or what we call consumption taxes, falls within the purview of a state, and only a state can charge consumption taxes.

“And I believe that those who are against it know of it. If they don’t know, people will not be rushing to the National Assembly for an amendment that will not see the light of the day; it will be dead on arrival.”

“So, there is no need for us to run away from it. There are many more states that will join and there are some that will not join because at the end of the day, whatever we arrive at, they will be binding on all the states and what the southern governors have resolved is not new.”

https://nairametrics.com/2021/09/18/governor-akeredolu-says-move-to-amend-vat-law-to-favour-fg-will-fail/

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by adefitim(m): 4:01am On Sep 19, 2021
A- Aketi
I- Is
T- The
M- Man

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by ehinmowo: 4:33am On Sep 19, 2021
VAT will change the face of governance forever in Nigeria. This is one of the biggest shockers to some people so far

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by HERSLEY(f): 4:39am On Sep 19, 2021
FG wants to reap where they didn't sow. Sometimes i wish im from Benin Republic

14 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Arnold1(m): 4:53am On Sep 19, 2021
Watching this unfold intensely. God bless Akeredolu & Wike

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by LegendHero(m): 4:54am On Sep 19, 2021
Nice one Akeredolu. However each of the Southern governors should devise a way of increasing their revenue source because it’s not a matter of fighting for VAT alone.

Below is the Current VAT system and I’m not impressed by the states figure in the South. Beside Lagos, Rivers, Oyo, Delta, Bayelsa and Ogun to an extent, the rest are just mediocres as their Northern counterpart.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/vat-what-states-generated-received-in-past-8-months/amp/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by MEGAWATCH: 4:54am On Sep 19, 2021
I LOVE THIS MAN.

19 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by abobote: 4:54am On Sep 19, 2021
R
Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by MISSNORA(f): 4:54am On Sep 19, 2021
Nonsense FG.... Wow! Good to be back. Who missed me?

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by kossyablaze(m): 4:54am On Sep 19, 2021
F$$king FG
Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:54am On Sep 19, 2021
Omo, this baba no wan slow down at all.

7 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by abobote: 4:54am On Sep 19, 2021
Why is the FG feeling so entitled, oh coz they have all the state apparatus at their disposal.
Good, our governor's no longer fear Buhari body odour

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by jaxxy(m): 4:55am On Sep 19, 2021
It’s quite obvious.
Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Alaigbopress: 4:58am On Sep 19, 2021
These are Governors in the same party with the president giving it hot hot hot to FG and puting their states first above their personal or political interest but the useless Obi4 will be misbehaving and selling out his state to the foreigners from North Africa..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by apriko(m): 4:58am On Sep 19, 2021
Akeredolu you too make sense...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by kingphilip(m): 4:59am On Sep 19, 2021
Only states who's benefiting more from the current system of firs collection will not support the move for the various state collection.

FIRS themselves are fighting because this is where their salaries are coming from. I'm sure that if they're integrated into the various state internal revenue service and their pay maintained, the present discordant tune will change

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Kyase(m): 5:05am On Sep 19, 2021
I think this dude is making too much noise these days.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Daniiel: 5:06am On Sep 19, 2021
G
Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Christiansen(m): 5:06am On Sep 19, 2021
Nice one
Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by ProJectAnatot(m): 5:11am On Sep 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Ppogbae: 5:16am On Sep 19, 2021
The South has never been this bold before. The writing is on the wall and it's very clear that we are going to be in for a huge set of events this decade.

Civil War is coming to Naija.

12 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by focus7: 5:19am On Sep 19, 2021
Akeredolu is not a Buhari ass licker.

17 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Globad(f): 5:22am On Sep 19, 2021
I think this man is bold and highly principled. He is in APC like the FG and his Ondo state also doesn't generate enough VAT compared to what is allocated.

Yet he is saying it the way it is.

Meanwhile, there are others who suppress facts or run away from the truth or bootlick all over the place.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 19, 2021
Nigeria was created for the Economic growth of the British, Nigeria was not created by God.

No ethnic or tribal boundaries ,indigenous Nigerians have only one virus, and parasites among us, since independent we have a common problem, and a common solution.
No more Fulanis in the helm of affairs.
Our unity now ,to fight against these parasites from Futadjalon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Abaman001(m): 5:29am On Sep 19, 2021
The present VAT saga has proven to those it may concern that of a truth, the West are not cowards and betrayers as suggested in some quarters but my so called brave DOT nation, my so called brave South East nation "leaders" has proven to be the ass lickers to fulanis and are completely cowards and betrayers, take � Devil Umahi and Hopeless Hope Uzodinjo for example, all we know how to do best is just chest beating and noise making......spites...

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Premiumwriter2: 5:29am On Sep 19, 2021
We need more of this review for the country.

The more we make the centre look unattractive the less abokis we'll have to deal with.

Now they think they can stay in FG and rule the country as they deek fit. Once we remove the central power, those who think they were born to rule will have to rethink

17 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by tunwumi: 5:31am On Sep 19, 2021
Ẹnu ó se
Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by focus7: 5:36am On Sep 19, 2021
Globad:
I think this man is bold and highly principled. He is in APC like the FG and his Ondo state also doesn't generate enough VAT compared to what is allocated.

Yet he is saying it the way it is.

Meanwhile, there are others who suppress facts or run away from the truth or bootlick all over the place.

Actually Ondo state with other southern States like anambra, Enugu, Abia, Imo and others has what it take to increase their VAT generation, I believe they weren't putting much to it to avoid monkey dey work and bamboo dey chop the federal system operates. I believe each states will put up machineries to increase their VAT generations now.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by Judolisco(m): 5:38am On Sep 19, 2021
D only states VAT will favour is lagos and rivers and mayb oyo state..... If no b for dis VAT sharing some states can't pay salaries because instead of them to invite investors they organise mass marriage to increase the numbers of almagiris in their state... Ekiti and kogi 2 go hear am

18 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by chiiraq802(m): 5:39am On Sep 19, 2021
Aketi is a real Nigga.... and an Alpha male in Nigeria Politics.

If to say Southern Politicians get half of Aketi mind eehhh, we for don chase sisi men like Umahi, Akpabio, OUK, Amaechi, Hope, Mannavulturegrill and co with there Fulani miscreants out of Nija to Futa jalon or any Cursed place dey come from.

I no no if Aketi na Kpoli man, ah for don roll AZ mixed with Tramadol, Thaichi and laced with codeine and expectorant for am. I don't joke with real Niggas. cool

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by favour32(m): 5:40am On Sep 19, 2021
Ppogbae:
The South has never been this bold before. The writing is on the wall and it's very clear that we are going to be in for a huge set of events this decade.

Civil War is coming to Naija.

No single shot will be fired.
The South is getting bold because it is now united to fight it survival from the leech.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail by IdJack(m): 5:40am On Sep 19, 2021
Federal Government no get shame.

The move will fail.

Kindly check my signature for your business ideas and updates

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book / Driver’s Death In LASTMA Custody Stirs Controversy / UNGA74: Buhari Meets President Sousa Of Portugal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.