Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? (11343 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by cutecommend: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2021
Many people know the actually date they were born again. But for someone who don't know the actual date, but can remember the encounter, should we put such people aside?. Knowing the actual date of ones salvation is not a compulsory proof of salvation but it's essential . If I may ask? Those very uneducated people who got born again in the villages those early days, do they remember dates? or do they even know about dates? Someone may know the period he or she got born again, or may know the encounters and scenarios, but may not know the actual date. A proof of salvation is a change of life in which others can see the crystal clear evidence of Christ's nature in you....

If you are very sure you are saved, and can remember the year, month, scenarios and encounter, but cannot remember the actual date, don't think you are not saved if someone says you must compulsorily know the actual date.

Knowing the actual date of salvation is a very good job thing. It is good for references and accountability of ones progress in faith. But it is not a compulsory proof of salvation. The only compulsory proof of salvation is a clear change of ways; not doing the sinful things you did before; all by the enabling power of Jesus Christ in you after accepting Him.

Happy Sunday.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2021
You're so right!

God is not seeking men that keep such dates, but those who keep His Word and were willing to give Him their all so He could make them to become all that He desires for them to be.

Thanks and God bless.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Patented: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2021
It is not the date that makes you saved. The importance of the date has no biblical significance. Being a Christian is a journey and not an event. So what you do after that day is more important than the day itself. You grow daily and strive to change for the better. You learn to show love to people and do good works. You become more Christlike day by day in small or large increments.

Knowing that date has no significance. It is how you live your life that matters. Will you be the Sheep or the goats that Christ spoke about?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by cutecommend: 7:47am On Nov 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You're so right!

God is not seeking men that keep such dates, but those who keep His Word and were willing to give Him their all so He could make them to become all that He desires for them to be.

Thanks and God bless.
You made sense...

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Circuitlord(m): 8:48am On Nov 07, 2021
Religion and confusion
SMH!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by MadamVanessa(f): 8:49am On Nov 07, 2021
shocked

To be born again is not an easy task. I have been born again several times and i know i will still give my life to christ in the future then fall back to sin. Not that i am proud of this lifestyle but i find it so hard to resist the urge to gobble dicck anytime i saw it dangling in my spec body.

Truth be said, nobody is truly a genuine born again, even seasoned men of God are not.

I once saw a man that had erection inside church at just staring at my cleavage. It was so surprising and heartbreaking to see a man uselessly and helplessly having erection inside the church.

My friend once told me how she was wet inside church because she sat close to one hansome guy like that who was her spec and she started having fantasy of the guy holding her and making love to her before she knew what was happening she was raining down there.

My God have mercy on my soul.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Leweraf: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You're so right!

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2021
Impossible. You can never be born again by mistake or unknowingly.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Omicron007: 8:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Some people will go as far as telling you they have two birthdays, one is physical and the other spiritual.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Gimear: 8:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by illicit(m): 8:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Who born u shocked
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Boogyman557: 8:50am On Nov 07, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool I NO REALLY GET ANYTHING TO CAPRISUN 4 DIS MATTER. WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Presegs(m): 8:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by alizma: 8:51am On Nov 07, 2021
Yes, if you are not good at keeping dates, you will likely forget the exact date but what matters most is what you do with the born again not the date.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by ForeThinker: 8:51am On Nov 07, 2021
Post on Social media or mark calender

Them go do change of birth to the new born again date
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Lexusgs430: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2021
All that matters is your real DOB........ Why not put the other claimed DOB on your passport.........

Wetin this yeye religious fanatics go cause............

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by jaxxy(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2021
What’s the date got to do with anything?
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2021
Sometimes I think people think Christianity is a set of rituals that when you do successfully guarantees you a seat in heaven.

Many people put so much time into these rituals like going to church, singing the loudest in church and more spiritual than everyone else and get so engrossed in these rituals that they don't even get to notice how shitty the act towards other people because they believe that holier than everyone else

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by money121(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2021
No
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by AntiChristian: 8:53am On Nov 07, 2021
Even Jesus was not born again!

These Christians sha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by MangekyoAlt: 8:53am On Nov 07, 2021
Short answer: Yes
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by kinglee007(m): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2021
Not remembering the date does not make you less a Christian. It's what some pastors have imbibed as doctrine to make people (their members) believe that they are not actually born again. Big Lie!!! One thing is for sure, the scenarios that took place at that time you gave your life to Christ are always special and they help build the faith in others when telling them about Jesus. You shouldn't feel guilty about not remembering the exact date. That's not Christlike at all.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by TenQ: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:
Many people know the actually date they were born again. But for someone who don't know the actual date, but can remember the encounter, should we put such people aside?. Knowing the actual date of ones salvation is not a compulsory proof of salvation but it's essential . If I may ask? Those very uneducated people who got born again in the villages those early days, do they remember dates? or do they even know about dates? Someone may know the period he or she got born again, or may know the encounters and scenarios, but may not know the actual date. A proof of salvation is a change of life in which others can see the crystal clear evidence of Christ's nature in you....

If you are very sure you are saved, and can remember the year, month, scenarios and encounter, but cannot remember the actual date, don't think you are not saved if someone says you must compulsorily know the actual date.

Knowing the actual date of salvation is a very good job thing. It is good for references and accountability of ones progress in faith. But it is not a compulsory proof of salvation. The only compulsory proof of salvation is a clear change of ways; not doing the sinful things you did before; all by the enabling power of Jesus Christ in you after accepting Him.

Happy Sunday.
I am born Again.
I can tell you how I got Born Again and the experience of what happened.

I don't know the month
I don't know the day
I don't know the date
I don't know the time

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by AntiWailer: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2021
I don't even know the date , year , month and day my father died.

Does that mean he is still alive ?

Some of these things are not that complicated, Some people are just not good with keeping dates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by rex21: 9:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Matthew 23:23

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

This is the summation of the answer to this post.

Wetin concern born again with date. Why will anybody even think of such

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by twosquare(m): 9:04am On Nov 07, 2021
Yes. You don't have to know the year or month or day or week. You may remember the experience. You may not remember.

I for one was not only born into a Christian fold, but faintly remember at a time did confession in my early primary school days.

Many of us do not know even when our lives were taken, and some are born-again without knowing, even just by singing songs that acknowledge the lordship of Jesus. When their hearts agree with proclamation of the songs (even though ignorant), they experience the new birth)

1 Corinthians 12:3

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by shigishege: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2021
You area clown. Why you guys decieving yourselves about irrelevant issue of your stupid born again trash
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by ekensi01: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2021
In being born again the date doesn't matter, the main issue there is that encounter process and what you shared and especially the first love.

THANKS
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Praktikals(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2021
If the American president gives you a handshake, are you likely to forget the date?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by mariovito(m): 9:07am On Nov 07, 2021
that other dob is on their other passport, the passport to heaven.
Lexusgs430:
All that matters is your real DOB........ Why not put the other claimed DOB on your passport.........

Wetin this yeye religious fanatics go cause............

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by egoldman(m): 9:08am On Nov 07, 2021
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Romans 8 vs 16

The above verse is enough for me.
Re: Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? by Nothingserious: 9:11am On Nov 07, 2021
cutecommend:

Happy Sunday.

It’s not biblical to force someone to lie about the specific date he repented. Some have dramatic experiences like Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus. Some don’t like Timothy who became an evangelist and whose the Bible recorded that his faith grew gradually from his mom and grand ma, Eunice and Lois.

At what specific point did John the Baptist become a child of God? How about children born into godly homes who gradually learnt about Christ and grew gradually. They weren’t “hardcore” sinners and so can’t remember any dramatic experience aside from responding to an altar call. Yes they may remember the altar call day but that may not be the day God saved them from sin.

“Wherefore leaving the doctrine of the first principles of Christ, let us press on unto perfection; not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the teaching of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

And this will we do, if God permit.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:1-3‬ ‭ASV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/12/heb.6.1-3.asv

“Of whom we have many things to say, and hard of interpretation, seeing ye are become dull of hearing.

For when by reason of the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need again that some one teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food.

For every one that partaketh of milk is without experience of the word of righteousness; for he is a babe.

But solid food is for fullgrown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭5:11-14‬ ‭ASV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/12/heb.5.11-14.asv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Banned From The UK Over Church Corruption / Scientific Rationalism, Reason And Faith: Which Produces Systematic Knowledge? / What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.