Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,867 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) (46619 Views)

Wike Is Suffering Chronic God Complex, Rivers State Not His Property - inibehe / Frank Mba Proposed As CP Of Ogun State Not Lagos (Official Letter) / Killers Of Two Hausa Settlers In Rivers State Not IPOB ― Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:

Meaning you have no facts at all to back up your assertions.

You fail statistics forever.

So, using your method, if a young woman in your village lies, we can assume everyone in your village is a liar.

Good evening, and grow up. What you are doing is wrong, and the sad thing is that you will go to church on Sunday and call yourself a Christian. Or a morally good person. And before you start...I don't support APC, i NEVER voted for Buhari, I think that states should colelct whatever tax they want, but lying is not good.

And you sir...are a liar and a bigot.
can you do research and counter the guys proof and evidence too??
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Trumann: 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Lovenorth:

Is there any responsible and educated Ipob terrorist? grin grin why is your leader sorry 'dilector' so dumb that he would be arrested easily and brought back to the zoo? grin.

Your problem is not illiteracy, it is mental retardation.
Buhari was caught and jailed by IBB. He didn't even run before he was caught. That is the Buhari ruling Nigeria.
Kanu will one day rule the North and your Sultan will bow to him in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by MOVIC100: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
You are the foolish one. The KPMG report you quoted clearly states that "for VAT purposes "basic food items" as described in the finance act 2019 excludes restaurants , hotels, eateries, lounges and other similar premises from the VAT exemption"

What the above means is that when you visit restaurants , eateries, lounges, you have to pay VAT since they are not considered as basic food items.

For clarity, basic food items could be rice and garri etc you buy from the market. Do not confuse people with your lack of knowledge .

blamingthedevil:

Op olodo...no VAT on selected basic food items. You must be a graduate without knowledge.

If you are knowledgeable, When you were charged in Portharcourt, you were supposed to know that they are doing the wrong thing in Rivers, while Borno doing the right thing.

The moderator that brought this to front page should be sacked.

I can see bandwagon comments too. Most just went to school, but zero knowledge clouded by tribalism and religion.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
mamaafrik:
can you do research and counter the guys proof and evidence too??

Can OP show me any more data to back up his claims?

Remember he made the claims., I did not.

If he can't maybe you should. If you can't then I can, until either of you bring out more data,safely assume that your whole methodology is flawed.

What you guys are doing is similar to me making assumptions of the morals of all the people in your village, based on the bad morals exhibited by the village black sheep. That's not how one does statistics.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:

Okay...

That means that when you are doing a study on say 'Prevalence of people who read newspapers in your town',,...all you just do is interview one person in your house, and assume that everyone in your town buys a newspaper and reads it, including the babies.

Got it.

Also, I can safely assume that , using the methods that the OP you are defending is using, just because the Police caught a thief from your village, therefore, everyone in your village is a thief

OP is making assumptions on the VAT paying of a state from a single resturant receipt...a single resturnat reciept from one resturant....and you are hailing him as the second coming of Einstein.

And you are calling me unintelligent?

Right.

when are we seeing your receipt to prove that they pay in Borno??

1 Like

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
mamaafrik:
when are we seeing your receipt to prove that they pay in Borno??

You are the one making the claims that Borno doesn't pay VAT...so go and bring all the receipts and other documentary evidence that proves your assertion from a sample of resturants in Borno and compare it with a sample of resturants in Rivers or any SOuthern state, and then prove your point.

If you can't, then hold your peace.

Good evening.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Emyogalanya: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
678chuks:
and they want to reap where they not sow northerners are very lazy I swear
I think not. Rather they are pampered. Remove the pampering and you will see them buckle up
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Elsueno: 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Trimjos:

The restaurant in Borno is not a small one. Hebron food in Borno is as popular as jevnik or genesis in rivers state

You are a lier Bros, Hebron food is even less than 2 years old, d location of dat restaurant was previously being used by Mr Biggs. Dat restaurant isnt turning over 25 million naira annually.... No be only u dey go Maiduguri....some of us do go thier as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by creamyanne: 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
mamaafrik:
You took the wrong step first.
I can bet that you people are culprits because i have seen them tapping power illegally around agege and ijoora in Lagos

I dont stay in Lagos
What has this got to do with me or the thread??
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by tolguy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Trimjos:

U see how u disgraced ur family and lineage here. Food sold in restaurants and hotels are taxed as they re not food stuffs. Cooked food sold for profits are taxed. Go and check ur tax laws, oponu
may be in Cameroon
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by hisgrace090: 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
678chuks:

Lazy but cunny.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:

You are the one making the claims that Borno doesn't pay VAT...so go and bring all the receipts and other documentary evidence that proves your assertion from a sample of resturants in Borno and compare it with a sample of resturants in Rivers or any SOuthern state, and then prove your point.

If you can't, then hold your peace.

Good evening.
oppss,your intelligence is from space.
Aboki will always be an aboki,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Trimjos: 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
Elsueno:

You are a lier Bros, Hebron food is even less than 2 years old, d location of dat restaurant was previously being used by Mr Biggs. Dat restaurant isnt turning over 25 million naira annually.... No be only u dey go Maiduguri....some of us do go thier as well.

You are a clown. So because they now stay opposite first bank now means they re less popular or weren't existing other places in Borno before?? Abeg gerrout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by excel101(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
So the 14yrs spent by OBJ & PEJ in office as President, they could not detect and correct these anormilies unearthed by Gov. Wike. Probably they were playing along.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
mamaafrik:
oppss,your intelligence is from space.
Aboki will always be an aboki,

The mask has slipped.

All I know is, as some great person once said

I realize that patriotism is not enough, I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone.

You have no proof that the state pays no VAT...so you resort to hate. Well, as far as I know, hate is a very destructive and evil thing...to the person expressing it. You harm yourself by indulging in it.

Well, I will never ever hate you or anyone on this site.

Good evening. From this hypocrite....

1 Like

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Daboomb: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Op olodo...no VAT on selected basic food items. You must be a graduate without knowledge.

If you are knowledgeable, When you were charged in Portharcourt, you were supposed to know that they are doing the wrong thing in Rivers, while Borno doing the right thing.

I can see bandwagon comments too. Most just went to school, but zero knowledge clouded by tribalism and religion.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where is this Nigeria going?
You got "37Likes", which shows that there are at least 37 dumbfucks who agreed with your "IGNORANCE", and a Blissful one for that matter!

It is even shocking that you were so blissful in it that you went about abusing someone and even ased the Mod to be sacked! shocked grin

I am sure you are a Northerner and l can bet you are one of theor "most educated", perhaps a PhD in Sharia Law, from one University in Sudan grin grin

Well, l cant blame you, it is Lugard that shackled your type with humanbeings in Southern Nigeria.
Let me give you "Free Education", so you can go back to your north and educate your Almanjiris:

- These Receipts are from RESTAURANTS.
- Restaurants are not Farmers, they provide Catering Service (Cook Food for people to Buy or Eat.
- VAT is paid on ALL SERVICES, irrespective of where it is provided.
- The Restaurants are offering 'value Added" Services to the Food, so they will charge "Value Added" Tax (VAT)

So, in essence, Restaurants should charge VAT, according to the Law, whether they are in Borno, Sokoto or Rivers or Oyo or Akwa Ibom.

But the problem is that you Northerners are just "Freeloading" on Southerners, even the Electricity that was privatised, you still wont pay for it.
That is why you will observe that it is only in Southern Nigeria, that all these Govt Agencies like Custom, Immigration, Police Check Points, FRSC, etc are "Effectively Operating", it is only in Southern Nigeria that they flex muscle on the Citizens/
80% of Nigeria's Resources, come from the South.
North is just a Leech, parasiting on the South.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Elsueno: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Trimjos:

You are a clown. So because they now stay opposite first bank now means they re less popular or weren't existing other places in Borno before?? Abeg gerrout.

So where them dey stay b4 Mr man, am absolutely sure a restaurant making above 25 million naira yearly can hide it's roots dat deep grin grin in such a small city
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by freshvine(f): 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
I once went to conduct a service with Corporate Affairs Commission in Port Harcourt only to discover the forms they were giving out were for Jigawa State and so any transaction is registered on the credit of Jigawa State.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
This is my final comment on this thread

The problem with this thread is not that some states are benefiting at the expense of others, but that some people are willing to use the old weapons of bigotry and hate against those they don't agree with.

Well, the thing is, hate is destructive to those who wield it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

Well, I have been associated with this site for the last 9 years. I thought I would take a break from it, and have done so many times but I came back here. many times...well I think that this is my last comment on this site forever. I am not coming back again.

It seems that most Nigerians tend to spend too much time crying, and too less time doing things, or finding solutions. That's why we are prey to all sorts of demagogues..religious or political. Our cult is the cult of victimhood and hate. Everyone is to blame but ourselves. And this makes discussions here wearying.

Well, it has been a nice time here. Now is the time to fly off this site.

My last words are not mine...

A man who lives, not by what he loves but what he hates, is a sick man- Archibald Macleish.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Trimjos: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux:
This is my final comment on this thread

The problem with this thread is not that some states are benefiting at the expense of others, but that some people are willing to use the old weapons of bigotry and hate against those they don't agree with.

Well, the thing is, hate is destrcutive to those who wield it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

Well, I have been associanted with this site for the last 9 years. I thought I would take a break from it, but I came back here....well I think that this is my last comment on this site forever. I am not coming back again.

It seems that most Nigerians tend to spend too much time crying, and too less time doing things, or finding solutions. That's why we are prey to all sorts of demagouges..religious or poltical.

Well, it has been a nice time here. Now is the time to fly off this site.

My last words are not mine...

A man who lives, not by what he loves but what he hates, is a sick man- Archibald Macleish.

Go and create another moniker. U won't be missed
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Daboomb: 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Lovenorth:

Go and read who is liable for VAT in Nigeria first or shut up!

Keep Quiet please!
Your level of illiteracy is astounding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by calcal: 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Naijanascam:
World apart
Selective judgement
Federal character

Don't blame the north, blame the south for being mumu.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Daboomb: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
Modrovdeux: This is my final comment on this thread

Stop typing rubbish and trying to run away from the truth.

So it is hate and bigotry that makes Northerners not to pay tax but they are sharing in the Tax paid by Southerners?
You Parasites are not ready to change and that is why l am convinced beyond doubt that this contraption that joined North and South together, is a FRAUD and will be dissolved, sooner than later.
If we have to go to War to do so, we will
though, it is better we do so through a simp,e Referendum, which the "Northern Parasites" have been preventing from happening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Lukaku95: 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

ediot.. check the two receipts. Op bought the same thing.. same beef and rice.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Aganju849: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Read the last attachment you posted, dummy
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by gwinaB(m): 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Oga you are the real olodo sha. The op presented 2 documents within the same month showing what was purchased and the type of tax paid. Secondly the 2020 finance act on vat didn't exempt basic food sold in restaurants and lodges etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by effort1: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
Xhuntra:

This govt is too clannish for my liking

The likes of sirjamo are still too daft to realise that.
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Cjerryjohnson09(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
I still think no one has noticed that they don't pay electric bills out there too
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
We're just waking up in the southern part of the country. The Fulanis,Kanuris,Hausas have milked us for too long.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by BluntCrazeMan: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Trimjos:
So attached are two food receipts from restaurants in Maiduguri Borno state and Portharcourt Rivers state where I went to eat.

It clearly shows VAT are collected in Rivers, but not Borno and most other northern states. I have been to Adamawa, Yobe, Kebbi, Taraba, Bauchi and host of other northern states.

NOTE: I took the pics myself. First one is from Maiduguri, while the second is from portharcourt; and they re all from this month.
Whenever you want to do experiments such as this, be systematic.
If you went to a KFC outlet in Borno..
And then to KFC outlet in Rivers..
And you discovered this, then we can understand.
What if the Zero-tax you discovered inside the pictures you showed for Borno Was because the Hebron Foods pegged their own tax at Zero??

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
678chuks:
Work on your grammar before displaying your stupidity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Thinks We Are Idiots - Alani Akinrinade / Isaac Adewole Visits Abubakar Duduwale, Got Leg Injury After Trekking For Buhari / Ugwuanyi Rewards Woman Who Returned N14M Erroneously Paid To Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.