Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

What I Noticed In My Hotel Room - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Noticed In My Hotel Room (40526 Views)

Young Boys Film Themselves Disorganizing 45k Hotel Room Before Checking Out / Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos / The Dirty Hotel Room I Paid ₦10,000 For A Night - Man Cries Out, Shares Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by israelmao(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2021
malikombi:
Just when I needed a good rest after a hectic travel, I lodge into a hotel and the next thing is looking for hidden camera or secret hole upandan, forget it OP. Kuku say if you carry another person's wife to a hotel, watch out for camera

What if you brought in valuables in your bag and emptied them in the hotel room in order to take some inventory with the belief that none was watching and the person who watched you from other side later set armed robbers or kidnappers on you to dispossess you of your valuables.The intentions of who plants such camera is not always to record or watch illicit affairs for blackmail alone.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by PotatoSalad(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2021
It's called a coaxial tv and cable outlet.
Chai. Nigerians angry

11 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by NOGRUDGES(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2021
Rapgod101:
You should be aware of this... When you enter a hotel,
you better check the surroundings... Especially if there are small holes on the wall, you should look carefully... You might not notice there's , a hidden camera... Just like the one beside that plug... Good thing is my colleagues noticed it .. So we immediately covered it... We thought at first it was just for cable
But my colleague noticed it right away...
I won't mention the hotel... The important thing is you should be aware... That's it... It might just help... Good luck

Standard wiring, internet port, TV cable port, wall socket and switch.
Camera no dey dia

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Sunmolar(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2021
Mercychen:
The hotel room though. Not posh.

Aunty! You're seems right
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by NOGRUDGES(m): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:
Chai. Nigerians angry

Thank you, the op feel say dem dey monitor am
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by pocohantas(f): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:
Chai. Nigerians angry

I was very sure I have seen that outlet in numerous places that had no CCTV intentions.
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by VULCAN(m): 9:02am On Sep 20, 2021
The average black man is a coward.

The average black African is a coward of the highest order. That is why we abuse our evil leaders in bars but when they drive past we hail them.

This is a faceless forum and he is scared to mention the hotel.

Will DSS come for him if he mentions the hotel?

Can someone tell me why this fellow is hiding the name of the hotel.

What a stupid post this is.

He should never have done this if he is not gonna name the hotel.

Cowards die many times before their death!

Rapgod101:
you better check the surroundings... Especially if there are small holes on the wall, you should look carefully... You might not notice there's , a hidden camera... Just like the one beside that plug... Good thing is my colleagues noticed it .. So we immediately covered it... We thought at first it was just for cable
I won't mention the hotel... The important thing is you should be aware... That's it... It might just help... Good luck

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by dingbang(m): 9:02am On Sep 20, 2021
Please sue
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2021
Such intrusion of privacy. They may even Rob or kidnap their customers based on what they see through the camera. They may use their spare keys to steal if they saw the client is with money through the camera. This hotel should be reprimanded and closed down.
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by PotatoSalad(m): 9:10am On Sep 20, 2021
pocohantas:

I was very sure I have seen that outlet in numerous places that had no CCTV intentions.
The port shows that the hotel is a very old one. Probably for those large dishes that provided cable TV or for their modem. Not sure people use those outlets anymore. It's Ethernet and HDMI ports now.
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by hotwax: 9:13am On Sep 20, 2021
malikombi:
Just when I needed a good rest after a hectic travel, I lodge into a hotel and the next thing is looking for hidden camera or secret hole upandan, forget it OP. Kuku say if you carry another person's wife to a hotel, watch out for camera

So when u go to the bathroom naked and camera is streaming ur prick to hotel receptionist at the front desk.

And u dress up and drop the card key at the reception, and receptionist be like that's the guy with tiny dck....

Nigerians have mental blockade.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by einsteine(m): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2021
HOW'S that a camera? Abi na guilty conscience dey worry OP
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2021
louso:
Exposure is key. This is not a camera. If some one wants to invade your privacy he or she will not put the camera where it will be conspicuous na.
that is not a phone jack, I have never seen a round and like concave lens camera phone jack before, that is a coaxial TV and cable plug, just for dstv and gotv signal

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by pocohantas(f): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:

The port shows that the hotel is a very old one. Probably for those large dishes that provided cable TV or for their modem. Not sure people use those outlets anymore. It's Ethernet and HDMI ports now.

You are right, because na for old places I done see that thing. More reason I was convinced they had no CCTV intentions. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Valuc: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2021
Pinhole camera .. just dey watch out
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by generalwo(m): 9:19am On Sep 20, 2021
Your colleague? Which kind office work una dey do inside hotel room? Bros u greet you o
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Barbiturate(m): 9:21am On Sep 20, 2021
Mercychen:

The inferior paint on the wall and that table says it all.

I've worked at federal palace and being to Eko hotels and some other ones too and I can tell you when I see a posh hotel.

Wetin you go do for Eko Hotel and other hotels? grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Curious345: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2021
It's for your safety
Rapgod101:
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by OChimex: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2021
malikombi:

Forget bro, Nigeria is fast becoming a crazy country filled with crazy folks who are terrible as humans.

I lost my Beats by Dre headphones in a hotel near the int. Murtala airport. First week of September. I was sure they stole that over 100k headphones at the reception.

Then called them tire their excuses were lame.

Then next week the cleaners in another big hotel in VI took my cutlerries from my room, though mistakenly. But I had to ask before they returned it.

I feel so unsafe with my life and items anytime I am staying in Nigerian hotel.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by slimman007: 9:27am On Sep 20, 2021
Jackdasilver:

Make sure the room is dark, when ever you want to try it. If it detects any camera, the color that will appear on your phone screen can either be red or white.

You are right...That colour is the infrared sensor on the camera....every camera has inbuilt infrared that made it possible to detect images in the dark
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by edochie12: 9:27am On Sep 20, 2021
We called that thing t.v.socket or cable socket,I am into electrical materials,stop saying what you don't know

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by mmsen: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
And if something happens to u how will the hotel and thr police conduct investigation. Blacks are too stupid

What are you talking about?

You cannot invade another person's personal space in the name of 'crime prevention'. Most hotels have cameras in the lobbies and hallways, not in individual rooms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by cayorday89(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2021
providencia:

Have you experiment this before? Or just saying what you heard ?. I have tried this nothing showed
It simply means there is no hidden camera in the room, try it at night with your phone camera with someone else's selfie phone camera and you will see the red light on your own screen.
Generalwoodz:
lol. You got a Chinese fone and not a phone
You gave a suggestion and someone tried it and brought feedback to you and you could not convince him or give reason as to why he got a contrary result only to insult him of using a China phone..

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by sinola(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2021
These ones are amarteur sef... Do you know that a mirror or bulb can be a spy camera.... Well, you'll only bother when you are doing something not modest.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Krismas(m): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2021
spinna:
Oga na phone jack...if you are concerned about your privacy you need a signal jammer or hidden camera scanner
coolHow do u get these?
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Smokey222(m): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2021
What are you scared of? Mention the hotel
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Jayboi(m): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2021
Awon olodo..thats a dstv/gotv outlet.
Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by kelmicheal: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Those cameras are very important both for safety of the property and customers.
Lodging in a hotel is not only to carry woman and sleep but for other important purposes

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by sorepco(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2021
As soon as u enter a hotel...turn off all the lights and if u see any infrared light note that uts a camera. Some hide cameras in a clock in a hotel room even!

Depressed101:
you mean you don't care if someone blackmail you with your private activities?

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by dchamp234(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2021
What if the camera is for security reasons, we know how people kill people in hotel rooms since Buhari became president. It's not a bad idea to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:
Chai. Nigerians angry

Honestly, i feel so insulted that a lots of people here fell for that shit OP, c'mon cable outlet.
why did he not challenge the hotel mgt, someone will just post lies thinking all nigerians are gullible

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Hotel Room by mrkings84(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2021
This is good development.
Let all hotels have a hidden and unhidden cameras in all hotel rooms.
By so doing, stories that touches the heart will reduce.

Now, no one will tell u that as u about sleeping with another man's wife that everyone is seeing u.

Or, before committing that murder in a hotel room u will have to think twice.

Very good!
If u are not ok with the cams then stay in ur house!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not / ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! / See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.