Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,153 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. (33024 Views)

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Earthquakes: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
We can't because of our "car is an achievement" mentality

Even when we know it's far more healthier for health and the world in general climate wise

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by RiceProducers: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cycling solves a lot of problems. Productivity, health, household incomes, road safety, energy efficiency, security etc.
It is the most modern mode of transportation except for Nigerian educated and conditioned folks

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by thundafire: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
U want them to over take trailers abi,the Keke blood on the road never do. Our road system is not suitable for that because accident will happen daily

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Sterope(f): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Are you living on Mars?

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by kendrick93(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
with bad roads everywhere

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ok our roads are some of the worst in the world for cycling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen

You're deceiving yourself if you're seriously comparing Europe to Africa especially Nigeria.

I heard car horns are used only in case of emergency in Europe. What do we use car horns here for.

I can't argue with you. But Africa is not Europe and will never be!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Typicalguy(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Bro I love this idea because, it will help economically during this harsh Buhari economy, also these days that we no longer think of exercises, it will help burn those extra fat an keep fit, reduce the emission of green house gases and other benefits.

Bro after I took puff outta my blunt.. my eyes was open to see the kind of discomfort it will cause.
Mehn, just imagine the kind thick sweat that will be coming out of your body, you will be restless the whole day.. if your office no get a.c na die be that one. The climate condition of the west and Europe is different from the Sahara region, the sun here na die, who else noticed the sun became hotter when Buhari took over.
I no ride bicycle abeg

Make I just dey laff grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Godfullsam(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pierocash:
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented

You are right.

We have so many reckless drivers in Nigeria.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Angrygoat: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
Idiot. OK na be like u never jam bullion van against traffic driving before,or dangote trailer lost control wetin be bicycle,de no go even fit see body after the accident on top bicycle,e go be like small pin for trailer tyre.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by SenecaTheYonger: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
They see it as a form of poverty. But it's becasue of our poverty mindset that's why we see it that way. White people have not known poverty for a really long time, I'm talking about generations upon generations back, like before the industrial revolution. That's why they are callled advanced country, it's not only in technology, but in mindset. They are senior citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by dododawa1: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Why not SKATE transportation, nonsense.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by lexy2014: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen

because bicycles have proprietary lanes in europe. do u have proprietary lanes and safe places to ride bicycles in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by xandy84: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Our roads are not bicycle friendly and so our culture. Until will have a dedicated bicycle lines, educate drivers to respect bicycles riders and give them right of way, ridding bicycles in Naija is the shortest way to get to hell or heaven...

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by tctrills: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole
If you buy bicycle no one is stopping you from using it
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Sunnyja: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Bro I love this idea because, it will help economically during this harsh Buhari economy, also these days that we no longer think of exercises, it will help burn those extra fat an keep fit, reduce the emission of green house gases and other benefits.

Bro after I took puff outta my blunt.. my eyes was open to see the kind of discomfort it will cause.
Mehn, just imagine the kind thick sweat that will be coming out of your body, you will be restless the whole day.. if your office no get a.c na die be that one. The climate condition of the west and Europe is different from the Sahara region, the sun here na die, who else noticed the sun became hotter when Buhari took over.
I no ride bicycle abeg
This is a country where road users don't obey simple traffic rules. Where will you go to when reckless drivers knock you off the road?!

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Madaraire(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mental stress,poor traffic control and hellish weather.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by benny24: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pierocash:
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented
a separate lane will be created for bycycle as is done abroad
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by lexy2014: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole

have u considered the temperature in "most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africai" u mentioned and the infrastructure they have that suppoerts bicycle as a means of transporatation?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
No bicycle lane

Impatient drivers, they don't even obey zebra crossing in Nigeria, one way drivers will knock you off and run.

Sloppy roads

We see Trailers plying major roads in Naija

Weather (inside hot sun)

It is actually doable if only government will enforce some more corporate social responsibility on Nigerian companies.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by MNDY(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
You wan ride bicycle from kubwa to wuse 2 every morning to work.

Hahahahaha
Ask am for me o my brother
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Ausval: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2021
Is it with the high level of insecurity you want us to be driving bicycle around

Dem Don kidnap you before
Dem Don slap you collect your phone before

I guess no
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Commentor: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2021
SarkinYarki:
I ride when I can in my area but I don't go outside phase one ever except I spill to Bourdillon and make sure I turn at french embassy

I hear you.

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by lexy2014: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
tctrills:

If you buy bicycle no one is stopping you from using it

i tire oh
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by LOVEGINO(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

u don chop belle full wey u go ride bicycle abi? Nor be ur fault na.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Elsueno: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Says who?
come to d north, here we jejely ride our bicycle, we don't give shyt....To me actually, it's just good exercise, not because of traffic or anything
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by LOVEGINO(m): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
Sterope:
Are you living in Mars?
nor mind am abeg
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by lexy2014: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
suffering:
Nigerians are fools, end of story. We are backward in thinking. People catch lung cancer despite not smoking all their lives so they wonder how they contracted the disease. Many people completely ignore the fact that most citizens have at least two cars in their houses nowadays. Multiply that by eighty million Nigerians and it won’t remain a mystery anymore.

have u bought your own bicycle?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Bahamas95(m): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
I have already adopted it.

I usually ride my sport bike whenever I wanna get something in the neighborhood, go to the stadium for exercise on weekends or visit a friend in the evenings.......It's saving me from unnecessary spending. Whenever am in school aboki nor dey quick chop my money unto bike fare, my bicycle dey solve dat issue.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Slizzords: 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
SarkinYarki:
I ride when I can in my area but I don't go outside phase one ever except I spill to Bourdillon and make sure I turn at french embassy
Ode angry grin grin....for your mind now you don talk better thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / Lady In Tears As Bolt Driver Kicks Her Out Over Her Accent (Video) / International Airlines Move Into PH Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.