Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Problem With Web4africa.net - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problem With Web4africa.net (1375 Views)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. / Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? / Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Web4africa.net by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 26, 2011
PROBLEM WITH WEB4AFRICA.NET

I HAVE A RESELLER HOSTING WITH THEM AND THEY SUSPENDED ONE OF MY ACCOUNT UNDER IT
SAYING I A, USING MUCH RESOURCES

AND I HAVE ONLY USED 62% OF RESOURCES SO AM I USING MUCH RESOURCES WITH 62%.

Registration Date: 10/05/2010
Product/Service: Reseller Linux Hosting - Reseller1
Domain: XXXXX.com
Disk Space Usage: 31772MB / 51200MB (62%)
Bandwidth usage: 29210MB / 512000MB (6%)
Payment Method: Liberty Reserve
First Payment Amount: $27.00 USD
Recurring Amount: $27.00 USD
Next Due Date: 10/08/2011
Billing Cycle: Quarterly
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by abhosts(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2011
"Much Resources" does not mean your Storage Space and and Bandwidth consumption. It means CPU/RAM usage. Sites like yours are responsible for Server downtime and do not belong in a shared hosting environment. You should consider moving it to a VPS.
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by Seton(m): 3:02pm On May 26, 2011
move it to vps and you can even get a good vps at the price if you search very well
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 26, 2011
OK

NO problem,

they should give me a chance to transfer my site to a vps then
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by iwantto(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2011
@OP, what is the web address of your website?
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by Seton(m): 4:26pm On May 26, 2011
sure they should, i hope it is not with free domain, because may be impossible. If they are not your registrar and you have backup, then sign up with another good host - VPS, and change your nameservers appropriately, or you can move to their VPS, if they have and you can still trust them
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by DualCore1: 7:41pm On May 26, 2011
Get a VPS, yes. But not just any VPS. Ask for logs showing your CPU usage and what processor the server is on to have an overview of the amount of resources your site uses. Ask your present host on professional advice.

That being said, I don't think it is a fair policy to shut anyone out of business without prior warnings when its not issues having to do with fraud. This is where customer advisory practices comes in. There's nothing wrong in showing a client his site resource usage stats and providing professional advice to upgrade . . . while the site still runs. If the site is running processes that can cause fatal consequences those processes can be killed and blocked . . . at least the site is still up. Its a win-win situation. Client's site stays alive and host gets one more VPS customer.

Resellers and owners of other higher classes of hosting should be seen as webhosting partners and not just clients like the shared hosting dudes. When something goes wrong on a reseller's account there's likely to be a chain reaction. Owner of site holds webmaster, webmaster holds reseller and then reseller faces upstream provider. At each point of the chain the one held is seen as the "upstream" and at fault.

Lets try to salvage as much of the Nigerian clients as we can with good practices and incentives (that they wont get from the "foreign" hosts but they dont know). I don't think it makes any Nigerian host service provider happy to see those threads on this board with requests for good "foreign" hosts thinking there has to be some brighter light across the Nigerian borders.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 26, 2011
i_want_to:

@OP, what is the web address of your website?

www{DOT}itsnaija{DOT}com

Dual Core:

Get a VPS, yes. But not just any VPS. Ask for logs showing your CPU usage and what processor the server is on to have an overview of the amount of resources your site uses. Ask your present host on professional advice.

That being said, I don't think it is a fair policy to shut anyone out of business without prior warnings when its not issues having to do with fraud. This is where customer advisory practices comes in. There's nothing wrong in showing a client his site resource usage stats and providing professional advice to upgrade . . . while the site still runs. If the site is running processes that can cause fatal consequences those processes can be killed and blocked . . . at least the site is still up. Its a win-win situation. Client's site stays alive and host gets one more VPS customer.

Resellers and owners of other higher classes of hosting should be seen as webhosting partners and not just clients like the shared hosting dudes. When something goes wrong on a reseller's account there's likely to be a chain reaction. Owner of site holds webmaster, webmaster holds reseller and then reseller faces upstream provider. At each point of the chain the one held is seen as the "upstream" and at fault.

Lets try to salvage as much of the Nigerian clients as we can with good practices and incentives (that they wont get from the "foreign" hosts but they dont know). I don't think it makes any Nigerian host service provider happy to see those threads on this board with requests for good "foreign" hosts thinking there has to be some brighter light across the Nigerian borders.

NO REPLY TO TICKET NOW DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE UN-SUSPEND THE ACCOUNT MY SELF
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by DualCore1: 8:47pm On May 26, 2011
I just saw a transcript of your conversation. Hope you didn't get scared. What is to happen on the second week in June is a scheduled job to enable VPS clients create and resell VPS servers.

If you got any questions you can hit me up on yahoo chat.

Try to keep an eye on the defaulting site to know whats taking up resources. If you do know already, kill the processes from your WHM interface.
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by Nobody: 9:31am On May 27, 2011
Dual Core:

I just saw a transcript of your conversation. Hope you didn't get scared. What is to happen on the second week in June is a scheduled job to enable VPS clients create and resell VPS servers.

If you got any questions you can hit me up on yahoo chat.

Try to keep an eye on the defaulting site to know whats taking up resources. If you do know already, kill the processes from your WHM interface.

OK you are offline always
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by DualCore1: 10:39am On May 27, 2011
Always on, invisible mode most times.
Re: Problem With Web4africa.net by 3RNEST(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
i need my referral comission.// undecided

(1) (Reply)

Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question / Plentiplenti.com - Nigerian Jobs Aggregator / I Will Add 20,000 Members To Your Facebook Group In A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.