Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help (2884 Views)

Wish To Paint My Laptop / Help Black Ink On My Laptop Screen / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pls. Help
My corei7 laptop developed a fault. My charger burnt the board.
It was replaced with corei5 board (that's corei5 board with corei7 processor). it's working perfectly. But the problem is, it goes off on it own after 30minutes of usage. I've returned it severally, and they keep testing, but till now no solution.
Pls, what could possibly be the problem? Why going off on it's own?
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
You should have repaired your corei7 board.

Madam, all I can say is, go buy another laptop.

If you dont have money, fvck some pricks, collect money go buy another lappy. You are a darling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by lilvicky68(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Since it's going off on its own..
Kukuma off it and rest

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Commentor: 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
lilvicky68:
Kukuma off it and rest

grin
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Tobichuks08: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
Darlingme:
Pls. Help
It was replaced with corei5 board (that's corei5 board with corei7 processor). it's working perfectly. But the problem is, it goes off on it own after 30minutes of usage. I've returned it severally, and they keep testing, but till now no solution.
Does it heat up?
If yes check the cooling fan

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Ejebleje: 12:33am On Sep 20, 2021
Looks like cooling issues. Also get a suitable i5 processor after the overheating problem has been resolved

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by davidadenrele: 5:07am On Sep 20, 2021
I suspect your Corei7 processor what kind of quack engineers do we have as computer engineers this days, they changed your Corei7 motherboard for Corei5 and rather add the replaced motherboard with Corei5, processor they put it with Corei7 and expect it to work normally,..... hmmn!! my advice to you look for another competent engineer request for the exact board processor of the Corei5 you have and your laptop will be fine, before you make payment have an agreement with the engineer if you can you test the laptop for a few hours if he agrees before you make payment the better for you, else you could be scammed for another bad processor since it's appears you are a novice as per laptops issues.
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 7:16am On Sep 20, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
You should have repaired your corei7 board.

Madam, all I can say is, go buy another laptop.

If you dont have money, fvck some pricks, collect money go buy another lappy. You are a darling.
You are very inresponsible. Is that how your mother, sister, girlfriend fvck pricks to solve issues? Well, not every female gender does that. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2021
davidadenrele:
I suspect your Corei7 processor what kind of quack engineers do we have as computer engineers this days, they changed your Corei7 motherboard for Corei5 and rather add the replaced motherboard with Corei5, processor they put it with Corei7 and expect it to work normally,..... hmmn!! my advice to you look for another competent engineer request for the exact board processor of the Corei5 you have and your laptop will be fine, before you make payment have an agreement with the engineer if you can you test the laptop for a few hours if he agrees before you make payment the better for you, else you could be scammed for another bad processor since it's appears you are a novice as per laptops issues.

Alright. Thank you sir. I will try someone else today

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2021
Tobichuks08:

Does it heat up?
If yes check the cooling fan
No. It doesn't
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 7:20am On Sep 20, 2021
lilvicky68:
Kukuma off it and rest
Lol.
Why? I bought this laptop last year and it's perfect for my job. I just can't allow it to rest like that now
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Tobichuks08: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2021
Darlingme:
No. It doesn't
The engineer that changed the processor needs to be held accountable,
Take it back to him and tell him to check and clear the bios and reset the clock speed to the former processor.
Just that it back to him and highlight the problem i believe he can solve it
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2021
Tobichuks08:

The engineer that changed the processor needs to be held accountable,
Take it back to him and tell him to check and clear the bios and reset the clock speed to the former processor.
Just that it back to him and highlight the problem i believe he can solve it
Alright. I will take it there this morning and tell him to do this. Thank you
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Adewale1603(m): 6:15am On Sep 22, 2021
Darlingme:
Pls. Help
there is incompatibility issues with the board it was replaced with or not properly done, like changing the heatsink, fan and applying thermal paste to the processor. the board is the same for all laptop models except if it is either a board with dedicated graphics or integrated graphics, so it is the processor that will be changed. you can still use your core i7 instead of the core i5 the engineer gave you.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by ITSOLUTIONSguru: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2021
lilvicky68:
Kukuma off it and rest

LOL! The problem is the board
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by ITSOLUTIONSguru: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2021
Darlingme:
Pls. Help

Don't stress yourself. The problem Maybe board. You can bring it to our office for check up in Computer Village Ikeja

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
Adewale1603:
there is incompatibility issues with the board it was replaced with or not properly done, like changing the heatsink, fan and applying thermal paste to the processor. the board is the same for all laptop models except if it is either a board with dedicated graphics or integrated graphics, so it is the processor that will be changed. you can still use your core i7 instead of the core i5 the engineer gave you.
Okay. I was told they're going to update the Bios. I'm yet to have any response.

If after the update, it works, I'll request for my corei7 processor. If you're saying the combination isn't wrong.
Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Adewale1603(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
Darlingme:

Okay. I was told they're going to update the Bios. I'm yet to have any response.

If after the update, it works, I'll request for my corei7 processor. If you're saying the combination isn't wrong.
a core i3, i5 or i7 will fit in that same board. a bios update is necessary while changing processors.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Keep Going Off On It's Own. Pls Help by Darlingme(f): 9:39am On Sep 24, 2021
Adewale1603:
a core i3, i5 or i7 will fit in that same board. a bios update is necessary while changing processors.
Alright.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

New Free 13gb Data Plane For Airtel-mtn-glo-etisalat Free Browsing For 4months / Hp Envy 3165( Bang & Olufsen) For Sale / 4 Great Gmail Tricks You Should Know From Now On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.