Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (883631 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by sategie(m): 7:40am On Dec 07, 2011
@solaris, you have a higher chance of getting the visa if you open the blocked account. What session are you going for? Summer or Winter?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2011
Opening a block acct alone does not guarantee visa
you need deposit the main amount needed too

Aal Izz Well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by rowlandoo: 11:20am On Dec 07, 2011
at HOUSE

WHERE ARE TH VERY GOOD TOURIST CENTRES IN FRNCE AND GERMANY THT EMBASSY RECOGNISE
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You search online they do not recommend any place IMO
when you see the places online then you can choose the best

Museums and historic places are the best
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sategie(m): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
@suxes, sure, the money is very important
Re: German Embassy And Visa by churchil(m): 1:47am On Dec 31, 2011
Nice Topic. Anyway. I can help u guyz in area on schengen visa/ Europe. I lived&studied in germany/europe frm 2004-2010. Just drop ur questions.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
churchil:

Nice Topic. Anyway. I can help u guyz in area on schengen visa/ Europe. I lived&studied in germany/europe frm 2004-2010. Just drop your questions.

Thanks for showing concern bros.

1. On behalf of learners here, how was the experience like
studying in Germany?

2. Can One use money from work to sponsor education and living cost?

3. How much is the lowest fee (as in job) paid?

4. Which city did you live and more about the living cost!

Please try pick my questions and answer them well smiley Dn't mind my english ooo

Aal Izz Well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by churchil(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2012
i lived in several cities. I did my language course at Freiberg. Then studienkolleg @ Aachen NRW and my 1st degree program @ leipzig germany. All u need is a sponsorship letter from germany(verpflichtungserklarung) or a blocked germany account in any german bank. The embassy can help u with that. There are no tution fees in most of the uni,s.
You will be issued a work permit after ur clearance at ur school of choice after ur arrival. The job pay ranges from 5euro per hour to 10euro depending on the city. The salary is enough for you and u will still have alot left to send home. But u need about 1000euros as pocket moneyor BTA for use before u get a job. Remb u need to pay for accomodation in d hostel@200euro a month as u arrive. Highest paid is d western states e.g munich and Hamburg but they dont easily offer admisson to foreingners. Eastern uni,s offer admission faster than other regions. Offcourse they re very poor . All u need is to get a student visa here, travel and the rest is much easier and enjoyable. My junior bros will be travelling with student visa this week to Dusseldorf germany. Alles gute zu euch alle. Das leben ist nur leichter da am anfang.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks man for the write-up. I hope others reading this are learning as well.

You mean you got your own visa with a course in a language school and paid
the normal money (1.8M I guess) to get the blocked account of a thing?

As soon as you are settled with the school (gotten the IV and other docus)
then what about the embassy here? Care to tell us what docus you submitted
and how you went (or go, i no sabi english) about it?

Aal Izz Well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by churchil(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
Procedure to obtaining a German student visa.
1. Search for any school of your choice offering ur course online preferably thru www.daad.de
2. Downlaod d schools admission application form, either in english or german ,fill the form,attach ur waec result or proof of previous studies plus ur passport foto and send the parcel through a registered Post to the university. Do this to about 5 universities and wait for an admission letter from them within 2months. The general admisson aplication deadlines are 15th jan and 15th july resp for winter and summer semester.
3. After receiving admission letter, go to D embassy to help u open a blocked account with N1.8M in ur name at Germany or u get a sponsorship declaration letter from sombody in germany.
4. With admission letter and d financial stuff solved. Go to the german embassy website and download and appointment letter form for student visa. Fill it and send it to d embassy for ur interview date in 3wks time.
4. You ,ll be issued a 3months visa which will be extended to 2yrs upon ur arrival @germany. It will be extended every 2yrs for d rest of ur study period upto 10yrs incl masters or maybe PHD.

NB. You can apply for language visa or study visa direct. Language visa lasts for 8months max and u must return to nigeria to apply afresh for a student visa. It cannot be converted to study visa in germany.
Both has d same requirements for obtain a german visa.
I travelled with a sponsorship letter from my inlaw in Germany. It costs the sponsor just 20euro to obtain a sponsorship form from the local govt office over there and not more than 30mins.

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
^^^^^^^^

Whao, you've done a whole lotta good to this topic!

You've simpliified it and I wanna say a very big thank you!
Is there no application fee involved?

About sponsorship and statement of account thingy, if the student
is applying for visa here, will he/she present a Nigerian bank statement?

I am asking all this to gain more knowledge into this and to also help
my fellow guys who can't ask the ridiculous questions.

Aal Izz Well

N.B: We have 3611 views now!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Knight2(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2012
i wnt 2 travel out of dis country by His grace, because dis is my yr of His Glory,

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2012
^^^^^^

Lol. Correct your signature! It's confusing.

Aal Izz Well

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by WaltherPPK: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2012
@churchil
I must commend you for your answers which are quite informative and helpful.I intend to do a masters programme in Germany, however am considering going with my wife and kid (who is barely a year),please I would like you to do justice to some of the questions I have,
1. Would it be better to process my visa first before theirs (my wife & child) or would it be easy to do all together?
2. My wife has not really had any working experience after her first degree, so am considering the language course for her, can you recommend any school?
3.What kind of jobs (regardless of quailification) are readily available on part time for a student?
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 11:44am On Jan 07, 2012
WaltherPPK:

@churchil
I must commend you for your answers which are quite informative and helpful.I intend to do a masters programme in Germany, however am considering going with my wife and kid (who is barely a year),please I would like you to do justice to some of the questions I have,
1. Would it be better to process my visa first before theirs (my wife & child) or would it be easy to do all together?
2. My wife has not really had any working experience after her first degree, so am considering the language course for her, can you recommend any school?
3.What kind of jobs (regardless of quailification) are readily available on part time for a student?
Thanks

1. All will be better
2. Language course is the best, check these sites and get the best for her,
1. http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/enindex.htm?wt_sc=germany
2. http://www.humboldt-institut.org/
3. http://www.esl-languages.com/en/adults/learn/german/germany/index.htm
4. http://www.horizonte.com/
3. He answered that already

While we wait for him to come and answer your questions, you can still go on with those infos

Aal Izz Well

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Meliszwe: 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
NLs.THANKS FOR YOUR VARIOUS INFORMATIVE CONTRIBUTIONS.
Am planning to do my Master in Germany this winter. The school i want to apply to stated as part of their requirement that i have to certify and legalize my degree certificate and other require documents at Germany embassy in Nigeria before forwarding or sending it them.
Please,i need an enligntment on how to go about it and what it cost,i mean the naira amount to certify documents at Germany embassy, lagos.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Meliszwe: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thank you chrchill and all NLs FOR YOUR VARIOUS INFORMATIVE CONTRIBUTIONS.
Am planning to do my Master in Germany this winter 2012. The school i want to apply to stated as part of their requirement that i have to certify and legalize my degree certificate and other require documents at Germany embassy in Nigeria before forwarding or sending it to them.
Please,i need a useful information and enligntments on how to go about it and what it cost,i mean the naira amount to certify documents at Germany embassy, lagos.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
Meliszwe:

Thank you chrchill and all NLs FOR YOUR VARIOUS INFORMATIVE CONTRIBUTIONS.
Am planning to do my Master in Germany this winter 2012. The school i want to apply to stated as part of their requirement that i have to certify and legalize my degree certificate and other require documents at Germany embassy in Nigeria before forwarding or sending it to them.
Please,i need a useful information and enligntments on how to go about it and what it cost,i mean the naira amount to certify documents at Germany embassy, lagos.
Thanks.

http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/How__to__apply__MainPage.html#topic1

you get the whole information about German student visa there, just scroll down

http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/Long__Term/Document__LongTerm__Seite.html - this is the direct link!

if you need more info our best is google: http://www.abuja.diplo.de/

that is their website if you need more info!

Aal Izz Well

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Meliszwe: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thank you suxess God bless for your prompt attention. I have read that part. With my understanding it indicates verification exercise when i want to apply for student Visa.
What the university i wanted to apply to posted is that before submission of my application to the school,i have to certify my documents at the Germany embassy in Nigeria and send it together with my filled and printed out application before it can be attended to.
Do i have to pay €480 +€15 for verification and postage for certification of my documents?
Someone with much more experience pls,attend to this!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^

The best bet is for you to contact German embassy about the price!
As per the school's info, I guess you've got something wrong there.
It's only when you got your admission that the embassy will need to
do the authorization thingy on your cert.

Aal Izz Well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by JagaJaga1: 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
@meliszwe What is the name of the school. I'm asking because I just applied to a German school and they accepted documents certified by a notary public only.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
Jaga Jaga:

@meliszwe What is the name of the school. I'm asking because I just applied to a German school and they accepted documents certified by a notary public only.

Can you kindly share with us the progress so far?

So others can as well learn too, what you've done and
how much you've spent.

Aal Izz Well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Meliszwe: 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2012
Jagajaga thank you. I applied to University of applied sciences,fh schalkmaden. I was requested that i certify my documents at Germany embassy Nigeria and send it with the printed, filled application form.
What is the name of the University You applied to that accept public notary and how you go about it.
Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by WaltherPPK: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
suxes2006:

1. All will be better
2. Language course is the best, check these sites and get the best for her,
     1. http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/enindex.htm?wt_sc=germany
     2. http://www.humboldt-institut.org/
     3. http://www.esl-languages.com/en/adults/learn/german/germany/index.htm
     4. http://www.horizonte.com/
3. He answered that already

While we wait for him to come and answer your questions, you can still go on with those infos

Aal Izz Well

Please why do you think all will be better?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^

Your question is indirect so i do not understand it.

Aal Izz Well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by WaltherPPK: 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2012
suxes2006:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Your question is indirect so i do not understand it.

Aal Izz Well

Well, I was refering to your response to my question (1) to churchill stated in the comment below.

WaltherPPK:

@churchil
Thanks

I hope you understand now.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by JagaJaga1: 2:41am On Jan 12, 2012
@Meliszwe I applied to the University of Bremen. I think their process is more simpler as they collect scanned copies as applicants only send documents if admitted. They told me that docs notiied by a notary public will be okay when sending.

Why don't you ask the school if just a notary public certification would be okay.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 11:31am On Jan 12, 2012
WaltherPPK:

Well, I was refering to your response to my question (1) to churchill stated in the comment below.

I hope you understand now.

I still do not, but if it is about family visa
then it is better you process all at thesame time provided
you can show enough evidence that you have money to survive
the family in Germany.

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by WaltherPPK: 11:26am On Jan 13, 2012
suxes2006:

I still do not, but if it is about family visa
then it is better you process all at thesame time provided
you can show enough evidence that you have money to survive
the family in Germany.

SHALOM

You still don't? In that case I don't think you were competent to have answered in the first place. Moreover, the question was not meant for you but churchil.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2012
WaltherPPK:

You still don't? In that case I don't think you were competent to have answered in the first place. Moreover, the question was not meant for you but churchil.
Thanks

Let's hope churchil comes on board
to answer the question

SHALOM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jfad: 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2012
@Suxes2006,

is there any age restriction for undergraduates studies in Germany?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jfad: 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2012
@Suxes2006,

is there any age restriction for undergraduates studies in Germany?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.