Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884045 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
jfad:

@Suxes2006,

is there any age restriction for undergraduates studies in Germany?

To be frank and candid, so far I have not heard about that.
I've written to some school to get information to present here
and none of them talked about age restriction.

SHALOM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by savemysoul: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Suxes 2005
please can you send the website to get the Germany visa requirement?
thanx.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2012
savemysoul:

@Suxes 2005
please can you send the website to get the Germany visa requirement?
thanx.

http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/How__to__apply__MainPage.html#topic1

you get the whole information about German student visa there, just scroll down

http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/Long__Term/Document__LongTerm__Seite.html - this is the direct link!

if you need more info our best is google: http://www.abuja.diplo.de/

Hope those ones help

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by savemysoul: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
@Suxes 2005,thank for response of my last mail,meanwhile am NOT applying as a student but as tourist i want to know my chance if i use hotel booking,really they were saying booking from hotel portal is NOT acceptable,i don't understand wot they mean oooo,gbami ooo my broda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
savemysoul:

@Suxes 2005,thank for response of my last mail,meanwhile am NOT applying as a student but as tourist i want to know my chance if i use hotel booking,really they were saying booking from hotel portal is NOT acceptable,i don't understand wot they mean oooo,gbami ooo my broda.

Lol, make God gbawa oooo

As per the hotel, they do not grant visa with hotel reservation.
If you present that during your interview and they really want to
give you visa, they will ask you to go get receipt of payment from the hotel
and bring it b4 they can decide on your case (that means they wanna give you visa).

So if you want to really use hotel, make sure it is paid and let the hotel fax
you a copy of receipt,

SHALOM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by savemysoul: 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
@Suxes2005,

do u have an idea of how i can get the hotel reserve and pay for?

or if possible to do have an idea of better way to just visit Germany on holiday

i am employed and have visited United state and kenya

but thinking of spending my next leave in germany

what do u feel?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
savemysoul:

@Suxes2005,

do u have an idea of how i can get the hotel reserve and pay for?

or if possible to do have an idea of better way to just visit Germany on holiday

i am employed and have visited United state and kenya

but thinking of spending my next leave in germany

what do u feel?

I heard Germany is good and will also like to visit one day
You can get hotel at diff sites: www.hrs.com is a good one
or you just search directly for the hotel in the city you want to
visit ,

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by osarodon(m): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2012
Please I will like to attend a conference in Munich Germany this year and the organizers only sent me a letter of invitation which is not registered with any Germany local authorities, what are the chances of this type of invitation letter.
Note:
This company is not based in Germany, they are only using there as a venue for this year conference. I actually used the same type of invitation letter for applying for a UK visa last year and this enabled me to attend last year's conference in London.

I will appreciate your prompt responses and thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
I intend applying for Msc in a German university, Pls house is it a most am proficient in speaking German, Is that one of the criteria to obtain a study permit?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2012
ogbeche77:

I intend applying for Msc in a German university, Pls house is it a most am proficient in speaking German, Is that one of the criteria to obtain a study permit?

It solely depends on the course you are going for. There are some International courses that are taught entirely in English, choose one at http://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/07535.en.html. If you are going for a course taught in English, the Embassy wont bother.

Btw, you still need to learn the language cos you'll need it in Germany: and it's not beans.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by onyekakene(m): 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
House plz i want to apply for a German busness visa with a virgin PP. My immediate elder bros has a German PP (Citizen) I hv a good savings acc, just wana knw hw to go abt it,

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 11:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
ogbeche77:

Thanks alot for the prompt reply,  So do u suggest I learn German here in Nigeria b4 applying? And pls are u in Germany? U seem 2 have alot of knowledge about there embassy,  Hope u would not mind me mailing u,  Still av alot to ask,  Pls send me a blank mail,  My email is ogbeche77@yahoo.com

Yes start learning the language in Nigeria if you can. It will help you pick up faster when you get to Germany and it will also prove your seriousness. My BF is German but I don't live in Germany, I only visit. I don't know much about their Embassy in Nigeria cos I've never been there.

I hope you are aware that you have to open an account with a German bank and deposit 8000 euros before you will be given visa. This money is for your initial upkeep.

When you are choosing a school, stick to the west/south.

For more info about the German Embassy and their requirements, go to http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/Long__Term/Document__LongTerm__Seite.html

Sorry I can't send you a private mail now. Go thru the links I provided. If you still want to proceed and you have dificulties with translation or anything, let me know.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 23, 2012
La Parisienne:

Yes start learning the language in Nigeria if you can. It will help you pick up faster when you get to Germany and it will also prove your seriousness. My BF is German but I don't live in Germany, I only visit. I don't know much about their Embassy in Nigeria cos I've never been there.

I hope you are aware that you have to open an account with a German bank and deposit 8000 euros before you will be given visa. This money is for your initial upkeep.

When you are choosing a school, stick to the west/south.

For more info about the German Embassy and their requirements, go to http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/Long__Term/Document__LongTerm__Seite.html

Sorry I can't send you a private mail now. Go thru the links I provided. If you still want to proceed and you have dificulties with translation or anything, let me know.

Good luck

Thanks for the info, Have been searching for sch from the previous link u gave me, It wad quite helpfull, Some don't even require Toefl or German proficiency as a pre requisite for admission, Though they all have different requirements.But admission for Msc would not start in most sch until March 2012, Is there a limit to the Num of uni I can apply to? And pls what are the advantages of sticking to d uni in the south and West?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2012
osarodon:

Please I will like to attend a conference in Munich Germany this year and the organizers only sent me a letter of invitation which is not registered with any Germany local authorities, what are the chances of this type of invitation letter.
Note:
This company is not based in Germany, they are only using there as a venue for this year conference. I actually used the same type of invitation letter for applying for a UK visa last year and this enabled me to attend last year's conference in London.

I will appreciate your prompt responses and thanks

IF the company has representatives in Germany that can
answer calls and attest to the invitation when the embassy
requests for such info, then it's all good IMO

SHALOM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
ogbeche77:

Thanks for the info, Have been searching for sch from the previous link u gave me, It wad quite helpfull, Some don't even require Toefl or German proficiency as a pre requisite for admission, Though they all have different requirements.But admission for Msc would not start in most sch until March 2012, Is there a limit to the Num of uni I can apply to? And pls what are the advantages of sticking to d uni in the south and West?

You can apply to as much schools as you want, there's no limit. But logically, the more schools you apply to, the greater your chances of being admitted.

West/south Germany is generally richer, more open to foreigners and has a higher employment rate than the east. Also, there are a few neo-Nazis in the east grin grin grin

Germany is the biggest economy and the most industrialized country in Europe. It's a good place to be if you plan your life properly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2012
La Parisienne:

You can apply to as much schools as you want, there's no limit. But logically, the more schools you apply to, the greater your chances of being admitted.

West/south Germany is generally richer, more open to foreigners and has a higher employment rate than the east. Also, there are a few neo-Nazis in the east grin grin grin

Germany is the biggest economy and the most industrialized country in Europe. It's a good place to be if you plan your life properly.
Ok, I already searched most of d schools and I discovered application process wouldn't start until May - June 2012, Guess I av 2 chill till then,
But I keep wondering what happens to the €8k if one is nt granted visa

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
ogbeche77:

Ok,  I already searched most of d schools and I discovered application process wouldn't start until May - June 2012, Guess I av 2 chill till then, 
But I keep wondering what happens to the €8k if one is nt granted visa

If you have all the required documents and you've paid the 8k, you'll most likely get your visa. Start learning Deutsch now to enhance your chances. Once you are admitted, gather enough facts about the school, your intended course of study, the city you are going to and the country cos you might be asked. Do more research on likely interview questions.

Make sure you are consistent and sincere with all the info you give out. Believe in yourself and have some faith.

You'll definitely get your money back if your visa application is denied.

You can try other countries too, to be on the safe side.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 10:08pm On Jan 23, 2012
La Parisienne:

If you have all the required documents and you've paid the 8k, you'll most likely get your visa. Start learning Deutsch now to enhance your chances. Once you are admitted, gather enough facts about the school, your intended course of study, the city you are going to and the country cos you might be asked. Do more research on likely interview quetions.

Make sure you are consistent and sincere with all the info you give out. Believe in yourself and have some faith.

About the 8k thingy, someone once said here on this thread that you
can use a sponsorship letter from someone in Germany. It still works
fine provided there is enough evidence presented linking you to the person

SHALOM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2012
suxes2006:

About the 8k thingy, someone once said here on this thread that you
can use a sponsorship letter from someone in Germany. It still works
fine provided there is enough evidence presented linking you to the person

SHALOM
La Parisienne:

If you have all the required documents and you've paid the 8k, you'll most likely get your visa. Start learning Deutsch now to enhance your chances. Once you are admitted, gather enough facts about the school, your intended course of study, the city you are going to and the country cos you might be asked. Do more research on likely interview quetions.

Thanks, I Neva knew German embassy also schedule interview for study visa, Will start learning German soonest, Hope u ll still be available on this thread till May
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jman77(m): 4:34am On Jan 24, 2012
@susex.please i'm much more interested in the conference stuff,actually i just apllied for one through the the link you provided but it seems its going to hold in paris to be precise.
My brother please understand say na greener pasture i dey find o.my questions goes thus:
1. Immedaitely the conference is over should i come back to the country naija or disapear in paris and please what are the consequences
2. I don't have a pasport but if issued one thats gonna be virgin and so what are my chances?
3.just tell me what to do,disapear there or come back and reapply for another country's visa. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 8:26am On Jan 24, 2012
jman77:

@susex.please i'm much more interested in the conference stuff,actually i just apllied for one through the the link you provided but it seems its going to hold in paris to be precise.
My brother please understand say na greener pasture i dey find o.my questions goes thus:
1. Immedaitely the conference is over should i come back to the country naija or disapear in paris and please what are the consequences
2. I don't have a pasport but if issued one thats gonna be virgin and so what are my chances?
3.just tell me what to do,disapear there or come back and reapply for another country's visa. Thanks

Lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 8:30am On Jan 24, 2012
ogbeche77:

Thanks,  I  Neva knew German embassy also schedule interview for study visa,  Will start learning German soonest,  Hope u ll still be available on this thread till May

You are welcome. I am very much around, not going anywhere. I have your e-mail, will send you a mail when I'm less busy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jman77(m): 7:40am On Jan 25, 2012
@La paris, no be laughing matter o.i really mean am o,eheen! Lol.

@suxes, i don hear you o.and please how much does it cost? My location is ibadan,just want to know the price range,welldone and thanks man!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 10:38am On Jan 25, 2012
jman77:

@La paris, no be laughing matter o.i really mean am o,eheen! Lol.

@suxes, i don hear you o.and please how much does it cost? My location is ibadan,just want to know the price range,welldone and thanks man!

I dont know the price for now.

Check with the immigration guys

SHALOM
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jamesife(m): 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
WAS IN GERMAN EMBASSY IN MARCH 2011 TO APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA WITH A SOUTH AFRICAN VISA ON MY PP (THOUGH I DIDNT TRAVEL WITH IT) AND WAS REFUSED A VISA ON THE GROUNDS THAT MY CAC IS DOUBTFUL N INSUFFICIENT FUNDWHEN I HAVE MORE THAN A MILLION NAIRA(N1.57M) IN MY ACCOUNT .

ALSO APPLIED FOR VISITING VISA (WITH AN INVITATION SENT FROM GERMANY ) WITH ANOTHER PASSPORT WITH A DIFFERENT DATA AND WAS ALSO REFUSED REFUSED A VISA ON THE GROUND THAT I COULD NOT PROVE TO THEM THAT I WILL COME BACK TO NIGERIA, BLABLABLABLA .

SEQUEL TO THIS, I MADE SOME FINDINGS,
IN THE COURSE OF YOUR INTERVIEW YOU WILL BE ASKED PSYCHOLOGICAL QUESTIONS DURING WHICH YOUR ARE EXPECTED TO ANSWER SATISFACTORILY ALONG WITH THE PROVISION OF GENUINE DOCUMENTS (ALL MY DOCUMENT ARE GENUINE).

GERMANY DONT USUALLY ISSUE TOURIST VISA ESPCIALLY TO APPLICANT WHO ARE SINGLE AND BELOW THIRTY.

YOU ARE EXPECTED TO ANSWER QUESTIONS SMARTLY AND CONCIENCELY,

YOU NEED TO BE VERY CONFIDENT AND PRECISE IN ASNSWERING QUESTION AND STICK TO YOUR WORDS

)WHAT THE NME OF THE INV

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by moonme(m): 1:22am On Jan 26, 2012
Pls am highly interested in the german visa, pls I need you to help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ all the way.my mail add is myspeech44@yahoo.com.GODBLESS U
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mamasy: 9:51am On Jan 26, 2012
pls i would like to find out if this embassies recruits nigerians at all cos its only british embassy I have heard of that they do recruit,,
and does anyone know how much a fresh graduate earns in the embassy
sorry to deviate the thread
Re: German Embassy And Visa by savemysoul: 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
@Suxes 2006: i write to let you know that i have registered with institute for cultural diplomacy(icd) and i have received my certificate today ,with that i can access their conference at members price, one step towards visiting Germany lol.

thank you for that info.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
@Suxes2006

Stop posting that 'loan' link, i don't want to bite my tongue with you any more.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by LaParisienne(f): 12:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^^ Lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suxes2006(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
savemysoul:

@Suxes 2006: i write to let you know that i have registered with institute for cultural diplomacy(icd) and i have received my certificate today ,with that i can access their conference at members price, one step towards visiting Germany lol.

thank you for that info.

Whao, first time someone will really make me happy on NL!
Thank God you gorrit so make sure you select the best conference
which suits you and do get the conference receipt of payment before
you apply for your visa!

justwise:

@Suxes2006

Stop posting that 'loan' link, i don't want to bite my tongue with you any more.

Bite your tongue on ur food abeg,
Won't post it again

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.