Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884070 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by femiiiiiiiiii: 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
beebee5000:

Danke schön

How does this PM thingy work na? Lol

I didn't receive any message in my 'email' box.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
femiiiiiiiiii:

How does this PM thingy work na? Lol

I didn't receive any message in my 'email' box.

check your spam
Re: German Embassy And Visa by JustCare: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Eke40seven:
I would have expected you to get this info from the embassy since you had been there. However, check
http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/Vertretung/nigeria/en/09_20Visa/Long_20term_20visa/Visa_20-_20Long_20term.html
you can get info there
for students specifically
"Please note
Immigrant / Long term Visa (staying more than 90
days), only for studying at German universities:
please send an email to rk-visa201@lago.diplo.de
requesting a student visa appointment. You MUST
attach your admission letter from the university,
the proof of your financial means as scanned
copies and a copy of your passport data page. The
next available appointment will be allocated and an
email sent to you." sourced from https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en
Am also in your shoes waiting for my sponsorship letter so, I haven't gone through the embassy procedures yet. It will be advisable if you get more info from experienced lads. you can also check earlier posts.
you probably know someone there right?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2014
And here I was thinking how nice it was that you held your peace! What you posted was absolutely needless, especially as the person concerned had already apologised even though his message wasn't entirely wrong, just the approach.

One does not need to be Nairaland commander to call someone out just like others did justcul for his approach and he apologised. It's wrong to post ENTIRELY IN GERMAN on a thread like this, and that was the message. Even people on ToyTown Germany (a forum that's full of people already in Germany) get called out for posting entire German on non language threads.

It's good to learn German before getting to Germany but if you don't, you'll do just fine depending on your field and location.

@all, I've been away from this thread for a while but I'm back. I was admitted to LillyGemm's course so people with questions can ask. I'm no expert but I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. And no, I'm not in Germany but know lots of people there (no, none if them can get you a VE else I'll run away like my runaway friend. Lol! )

Alles Guttes!

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2014
Congratulations bro @beebee. We'll get your stage someday. Please, I wanna ask. How long does it take Deustchbank to open your account, starting from the day u submitted your blocked account form and how long does it take them to confirm your payment from the day you paid your money.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 8:03am On Jul 23, 2014
@Godson201333
bro, been trying to get thru to you...

Saw some much earlier posts about u wanting to go to Bremen. I figure it worked out.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 8:03am On Jul 23, 2014
Anyone given admission to trier?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 8:35am On Jul 23, 2014
JustCare:
you probably know someone there right?
yes, I do. Although them still they post me! But Hopefully I should get it next week.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dcitizen1: 8:39am On Jul 23, 2014
@ bissiejoe,

I will like to know the kinds of document that are required for the student visa.

I will like to know if there is an age restriction for somebody who has hnd in mechanical engineering and wish to pursue a bsc in mechanical engineering in rhine waal university of applied science. am anxiously awaiting your response. Thanks. Best of luck. Enjoy ur study in germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2014
4129: Hi pals, I so much appreciate everyone's effort to get this forum to this level. I have being following this forum right from day one i decided to go germany for MSc. I got admitted to study an MSc. programme at Uni-Freiburg. Received my hard copy admission letter and booked or visa AP slated 15th next month. Thought I submitted my blocked account opening form at the lagos embassy exactly 15days ago and yet to receive my account details. I want to know if anybody is going to Uni-Freiburg or any where in Baden-Württemberg.

Thanks folks
yeah bro, am happy to know someone is going to freiburg, i got admitted to msc environmental science . I have not receiced the hardcopy of my letter, i do not know why? Plz send me a mail so we could relate more.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2014
hello guys, i need a list of states or cities who do not require the potential sponsor to pay the 8k euros. For example 1: stuggart 2:?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ayoadefantastic: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Excuse my ignorance and pls be polite in giving response to this question.

I read on about 5pages back that Dolpaz has written explicitely on life in germany on some pages back; i have tried to read back but i couldnt find it.

I feel its not a bad idea if someone can copy it and make appear on recent page (update).

Just for update sake. like myself, reading on nairaland wif opera mini can be so herculean.
In the same vain someone can also add to the write up dou i dont know how expository it is.

thanks.

or Danke as some dude has been saying.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2014
papilon89: please house help me....... my interview is next week, and my passport photo is the only document remaining. I have snapped one that fit exactly with the space provided on the application form.; and ~I took note of other required details. please i need the advice of those that have done their interview. am I good to go?
someone should please answere his guy na
Re: German Embassy And Visa by femiiiiiiiiii: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2014
papilon89: someone should please answere his guy na

Provided the passport photo has white background, you are good to go.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2014
nachie20: And here I was thinking how nice it was that you held your peace! What you posted was absolutely needless, especially as the person concerned had already apologised even though his message wasn't entirely wrong, just the approach.

One does not need to be Nairaland commander to call someone out just like others did justcul for his approach and he apologised. It's wrong to post ENTIRELY IN GERMAN on a thread like this, and that was the message. Even people on ToyTown Germany (a forum that's full of people already in Germany) get called out for posting entire German on non language threads.

It's good to learn German before getting to Germany but if you don't, you'll do just fine depending on your field and location.

@all, I've been away from this thread for a while but I'm back. I was admitted to LillyGemm's course so people with questions can ask. I'm no expert but I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. And no, I'm not in Germany but know lots of people there (no, none if them can get you a VE else I'll run away like my runaway friend. Lol! )

Alles Guttes!

The spy who loves me...It's good to catch you on nairaland also. For your mind, Psychologists are the best on brain works. Well, Igbo boys dey inside belle learn am. Some stuffs are innate you know, and we don't have to go to school to learn them.
Send my regards to LillyGemm...Tell am say nairaland no dey miss am so she better reactivate her account or use a new moniker. Lol

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2014
emerald14: first of all do u have any german knowledge.

I found a school that offers BSc program 100% in English, but because Nigerian School certs are not accepted for direct admission into German unis, I have been advised to go through a Studienkolleg.

I don't have any knowledge of German at all, I was thinking maybe there would be Studienkollegs that accept applicants with no knowledge of German
Re: German Embassy And Visa by femiiiiiiiiii: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2014
nachie20: And here I was thinking how nice it was that you held your peace! What you posted was absolutely needless, especially as the person concerned had already apologised even though his message wasn't entirely wrong, just the approach.

Alles Guttes!

I presumed this was directed to me. I believe they say: Keeping silent when injustice is being perpetrated simply means one is consenting to it. With that said, thanks for stopping by.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 10:09am On Jul 23, 2014
@ndyoo
Lol! na you dey hide ID nah... come on, admit I did a good job jare. :-;
Re: German Embassy And Visa by mrmiyagghi: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2014
Guten Morgen!

I have a little problem or I am a little confused about some issue I will please need clarification for, from the good and experienced people on this wonderful thread. I am a Bsc holder from a Nigeria Uni. I applied to some Uni in Germany for Master Progm. and just 2 for BA Progm( just incase e red). Unfortunately(don't know if it still too early to get worried...oh i have not mentioned it #teamwinter) for me I have not read or heard from any of the schools for the Master Progm. But I received a confirmation letter from one of the BA Uni few days ago via Uniassit that my document s has been received. Important quotes from the letter I received from Uniassit

''This letter is not a confirmation of admission, it serves as a proof that you have applied to study at an officially recognized uni in Germany''

''In case you are not living in Germany: With this letter you can apply for a study applicant's visa at the German Embassy/ German Consulate in you country. However, the letter does not grant a legal claim for the issuance of a visa''

NOTE: I will be receiving my sponsorship letter and an original copy of the confirmation letter from Uniassit(via DHL) which contains the quotes above. My first question is; can I apply with this letter for a student visa? Secondly since I am already a Bsc holder from a Nigeria Uni will TOEFL be waved? Also note that this BA Uni teaches in English and also have an A1 certificate from Goethe. What are my chances my fellow NL?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2014
nachie20: @ndyoo
Lol! na you dey hide ID nah... come on, admit I did a good job jare. :-;

Yes my sister you did. I admit...Lol.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2014
dolpaz:

Bros, According to one of our guys who is already in germany, Emeka..its advisable to buy your stuffs from Nigeria. Jeans and clothes are expensive. most especially phones and gadget. mind you, the prices will be in euros. also, go with alot of shoes cos according to him, there are no cobbler in germany. so once your shoes get spoilt, you just have to throw them away and get another one. shoes and winter jacket are expensive as well. i think around 50-70 euros. so imagine spending 12,000 naira to buy a single winter jacket when u can get it for less at yaba or idumota. grin grin smiley smiley
Go with enough Garri and some food items as well. grin grin though i heard some kenyans inport stuffs that looks like Garri/semo.. its called griese or so.
you save cash if you like chicken and wine/beer, cos those are the cheapest food/drinks in germo. I also heard its better you go with an android phone so you can access your student portals easily.

As for Jobs, the first step is: do u speak german? it goes a long way to determine the kind of job you will get. also, which city are you gonna be staying. some cities are competitive and expensive like Berlin, Bremen, Dortmund and Stuttgart. you can get a good student job cos your visa allows that, but understanding deutsch is the key to getting a good one.

if not, u may end up getting a menial job, but it may not be enough to sustain you. coupled with your blocked account cash, you should be good to go cos you can withdraw around 650 - 700 euros per month.

Watch ur spending. be mindful of pretty german ladies. grin grin cheesy cheesy (they like ice cream and chocolate, each cost as much as 20euros). if you are so conversative, you may be able to live on 200euros per month excluding accomodation.

My experience from the thread and mein brothers in germany..

please, our ogas may also contribute/correct me smiley smiley

Stay blessed..
Gemeinsam sind wir stark !

Sie Sehen in Allemagne !!
All ye worried about life in germany, this is a post from someone in germany last year

"guy relax.even with 6o euro u can survive monthly.more over u think u will have time for 3 square mill?food is the cheapest thing here.except u cant cook in your hostel.the most expensive thing here is accomodation not food.full chicken(superhunn)is 2 euro=420.rice sef no reach 1 euro here.
if ur garri fininsh just go aldi or markauf ask of grease na 25 cent just by 4 if u like swallow that still 1 euro.food is cheap here my man.
the only issue is there education is intensive,and u need alot of self study.so u guys shouldnt worry about surviving.

alles kla"

what you should be bothered about is been excellent in your studies !

Thats for you Ayoadefantastic

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2014
Blocked account opened. Please where do I get visa application form?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Ndyoo:

Yes my sister you did. I admit...Lol.

Berrraaa :-p. We'd better not derail the thread though. I replied your other message.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=beebee5000]

check your spam[/quote

I will be at the embassy gate by 12pm on orange polo shirt.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2014
phucado: Blocked account opened. Please where do I get visa application form?

Are you the guy going to paderbon?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Bethiano: hello guys, i need a list of states or cities who do not require the potential sponsor to pay the 8k euros. For example 1: stuggart 2:?
You are one funny dude, I swear.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2014
Here is the rankings of universities in Germany
This is a Chinese academic ranking which is one of the 3 universally accepted rankings.
Note: No university of applied Sciences only pure research unis are ranked
Technical University Munich 50
2 University of Heidelberg 54
3 University of Munich 61
4 University of Freiburg 100
5- 8 University of Bonn 101 - 150
5- 8 University of Frankfurt 101 - 150
5- 8 University of Goettingen 101 - 150
5- 8 University of Muenster 101 - 150
9- 14 University of Hamburg 151 - 200
9- 14 University of Kiel 151 - 200
9- 14 University of Koeln 151 - 200
9- 14 University of Mainz 151 - 200
9- 14 University of Tuebingen 151 - 200
9- 14 University of Wuerzburg 151 - 200
15- 23 Dresden University of Technology 201 - 300
15- 23 RWTH Aachen University 201 - 300
15- 23 Technical University of Berlin 201 - 300
15- 23 University of Duesseldorf 201 - 300
15- 23 University of Erlangen -Nuremberg 201 - 300
15- 23 University of Karlsruhe 201 - 300
15- 23 University of Leipzig 201 - 300
15- 23 University of Marburg 201 - 300
15- 23 University of Stuttgart 201 - 300
24- 30 Technical University Darmstadt 301 - 400
24- 30 University of Bochum 301 - 400
24- 30 University of Giessen 301 - 400
24- 30 University of Halle -Wittenberg 301 - 400
24- 30 University of Konstanz 301 - 400
24- 30 University of Regensburg 301 - 400
24- 30 University of Ulm 301 - 400
31- 38 Hannover Medical School 401 - 500
31- 38 Technical University of Braunschweig 401 - 500
31- 38 University of Bayreuth 401 - 500
31- 38 University of Bielefeld 401 - 500
31- 38 University of Bremen 401 - 500
31- 38 University of Duisburg - Essen 401 - 500
31- 38 University of Hannover 401 - 500
31- 38 University of Jena 401 - 500
source: http://www.shanghairanking.com/World-University-Rankings-2013/Germany.html
I will be posting other rankings soon

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
dcitizen1: @ bissiejoe,

I will like to know the kinds of document that are required for the student visa.

I will like to know if there is an age restriction for somebody who has hnd in mechanical engineering and wish to pursue a bsc in mechanical engineering in rhine waal university of applied science. am anxiously awaiting your response. Thanks. Best of luck. Enjoy ur study in germany.

The same documents you used in applying for admission plus account opening confirmation slip or confirmation of fund from Deutsche Bank.

I don't think there is age restriction, all you have to bother about is explaining to the VO what you have been doing since.
I am going to the same school,environment and energy(i also have HND)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nimakor:
You are one funny dude, I swear.

bros wetin i do nah, i they find solution for my circumstance........abeg help if you can
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ayoadefantastic: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
dolpaz:
All ye worried about life in germany, this is a post from someone in germany last year

"guy relax.even with 6o euro u can survive monthly.more over u think u will have time for 3 square mill?food is the cheapest thing here.except u cant cook in your hostel.the most expensive thing here is accomodation not food.full chicken(superhunn)is 2 euro=420.rice sef no reach 1 euro here.
if ur garri fininsh just go aldi or markauf ask of grease na 25 cent just by 4 if u like swallow that still 1 euro.food is cheap here my man.
the only issue is there education is intensive,and u need alot of self study.so u guys shouldnt worry about surviving.

alles kla"

what you should be bothered about is been excellent in your studies !

Thats for you Ayoadefantastic
U do well za! Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.