Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884029 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 11:51am On Oct 10, 2014
kunlelikeme:
@all,pls I wanna ask if they returned everybody's passport after the interview.
I was give back my passport after the interview...hope it doesn't mean any p.

Yeah, all is fine.. when your visa is ready, you will be asked to come with it and 3 month insurance..

Stay calm ! undecided undecided
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
its today i realised how germans frown at late coming. i had an appointment with a landlady for 8am to meet at a train station in offenbach. i was ready to leave home by 7am but one spirit just enter me, na im i seat down dey do nothing doe i ate. left home five mins to 8 by which time she was already calling that she was waiting. by 8.30 i was still one train station from her and she called and started raking and cancelled the appointment. all well and good sha cus the house far from my school sef and e too cost.

for those just coming to resume, know that u av a lot of registration to do and nobody will take u around cus german schools unlike uk schs do not i repeat do not meet u at the airport or make any special arrangement for u to make things easier. i lost taya inside train stations until i remembered that google map dey my fone. germans are nice pple and will respond to any question u ask if u ask politly and till now i dont think they are racist. abeg bring NAIJA foods , i did not bring any cus i was scared of the useless people in naija airport due to what they did to my aunt who carried garri to usa and now i dey regret am, abeg briiinnnng naija fooooooods ooooooooooo cus one plate of tiny eba na 10 euros oooo i mean 2170 naira!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by 10kundi: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
nevilbot:
its today i realised how germans frown at late coming. i had an appointment with a landlady for 8am to meet at a train station in offenbach. i was ready to leave home by 7am but one spirit just enter me, na im i seat down dey do nothing doe i ate. left home five mins to 8 by which time she was already calling that she was waiting. by 8.30 i was still one train station from her and she called and started raking and cancelled the appointment. all well and good sha cus the house far from my school sef and e too cost.

for those just coming to resume, know that u av a lot of registration to do and nobody will take u around cus german schools unlike uk schs do not i repeat do not meet u at the airport or make any special arrangement for u to make things easier. i lost taya inside train stations until i remembered that google map dey my fone. germans are nice pple and will respond to any question u ask if u ask politly and till now i dont think they are racist. abeg bring NAIJA foods , i did not bring any cus i was scared of the useless people in naija airport due to what they did to my aunt who carried garri to usa and now i dey regret am, abeg briiinnnng naija fooooooods ooooooooooo cus one plate of tiny eba na 10 euros oooo i mean 2170 naira!!!!!

where are you staying at present?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by 10kundi: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
researchQ:
Please guys am in a state of confusion. I registered for TOEFL through an agent called Edulight. I wrote the exam on 27th September. On 7th October I received a mail that my score is out. Since it was an agent that registered me, I called them to request for my scores. Their boss asked for my name and ETS I.d I sent it to him. Lo and behold after waiting for some hours I got no email, or any messages as how to access my scores. Its 3 days now no response. Right now the guy and his workers have stopped picking my calls. my application deadline is 15th October. Am agitated Please what can you advice me to do?
why not try to check the result for yourself? And i think toefl would have sent your result to the school. Confirm this with the school.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by msdeeen(f): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
PLS CAN I USE MY DIPLOMA TO APPLY FOR SCHOOLS AT BERLIN
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sirleo234: 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Please fellow forums is there any school in Germany that is presently acceptn application for MSC program.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
10kundi:

where are you staying at present?

In a temporary room provided for three weeks by my department for 10 euros per night after I don use many mail pester dem from nigeria

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
sirleo234:
Please fellow forums is there any school in Germany that is presently acceptn application for MSC program.

Bro,you can always use http://daad.de/en to check things out for yourself

TAKE CARE
Re: German Embassy And Visa by HARTZIV: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
sirleo234:

dont think so... the winter semester will start in a few days
at some universities you can start at wintersemester only at some u can start at the summer semester too

google Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst to find a list of courses in germany
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sirleo234: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
@cahnellven tanx a lot was trying to apply to university of Bremen I got to a stage where I was told to do some up loading which included my transcript but the school where I obtained my Bsc has refused to give me the transcript by hand what should I do.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by 10kundi: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
nevilbot:

In a temporary room provided for three weeks by my department for 10 euros per night after I don use many mail pester dem from nigeria
ok. Thanks. Which sch is that?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hello house. I had my interview last Thursday being October 2nd. I got an email from the embassy today asking that I should come without stating any reason(s). Though my passport was not returned to me after the interview which I had no issue with but the point now is that I am beginning to panic as I think the invitation is rather too early, i.e a week after interview.

Please, is this a bad omen or they asked me to come for clarification(s) regarding my documents? Anybody with similar experience should please share and I also welcome people's opinion on this as we are all here to learn.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Portablecece: 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
Pls can i have the number you used in calling the bank?

I have sent mails and called but I don't know if its the right number.
thanks.
omolola22:
I called the bank to ask why I have not gotten my confirmation letter. So I gave them my account number to know if the funds entered my account yet. And I was told that my money was in the account.
That i should wait for my letter. I have still not gotten it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
Bethiano:

I will advise you to check my posts here, I have one on cost effective ways to make application to germany and achieve good success.

It takes 10-14 working days, for your mail to get to germany. I advise you use the registered mail option. You can track your mail with this, then its far cheaper than dhl and others. You will enjoy the service.

Which service is this? Nipost? How much?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
nevilbot:

for those just coming to resume, know that u av a lot of registration to do and[s] nobody will take u around cus german schools unlike uk schs do not i repeat do not meet u at the airport or make any special arrangement for u to make things easier[/s]. i lost taya inside train stations until i remembered that google map dey my fone. germans are nice pple and will respond to any question u ask if u ask politly and till now i dont think they are racist. abeg bring NAIJA foods , i did not bring any cus i was scared of the useless people in naija airport due to what they did to my aunt who carried garri to usa and now i dey regret am, abeg briiinnnng naija fooooooods ooooooooooo cus one plate of tiny eba na 10 euros oooo i mean 2170 naira!!!!!

I don't think this sentence is absolutely true. It depends on your school. In my school we have a system called Tandem Program. You register for this program after your admission. Someone is assigned to you, who will pick you up at the train station, take you to your apartment if you have one, help you with your immatriculation, Rathaus Anmeldung und sofort......... and he will also assist you in settling down. I have one, who is a nice guy, taking me round the town in the evenings and telling me where and how to meet people. The best part is he is also studying a similar course, which makes it easy for us to discuss. Finally I'm using him to perfect my German, but he loves speaking English. It's been fun anyway.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Read through some post, seems it's a nice place to be. I however noticed not much stories from after study. Non at all. Mostly people stop posting when the get there newly and settle down.
Anyways, I will like to ask an important question. What are the chances of remaining there in Germany after your education? What are the chances of getting a job.
After the studies, do you just come back home straight?
Thanks in anticipation.

beebee5000 suxes2005 HARTZIV Ganasy and other veterans please help with answers.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ZERKNICHTER(m): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Read through some post, seems it's a nice place to be. I however noticed not much stories from after study. Non at all. Mostly people stop posting when the get there newly and settle down.
Anyways, I will like to ask an important question. What are the chances of remaining there in Germany after your education? What are the chances of getting a job.
Thanks in anticipation.

beebee5000 suxes2005 HARTZIV and other veterans please help with answers.

after u have ur german degree u are allowed to stay for 18 month for jobsearching

if u will be able to find a job depends on many things
- grades of ur degree
- language skills
- course u studdied
- study time
- self-confident appearance
- reputation of ur university
- internships
- economic trend

but generally i thinks its easier to get a job in germany than in most other eu states
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
ZERKNICHTER:

after u have ur german degree u are allowed to stay for 18 month for jobsearching

if u will be able to find a job depends on many things
- grades of ur degree
- language skills
- course u studdied
- study time
- self-confident appearance
- reputation of ur university
- internships
- economic trend

but generally i thinks its easier to get a job in germany than in most other eu states
Thanks a lot.
Does this also apply to someone who came for only masters? With a Nigerian degree?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Thanks in anticipation.

beebee5000 suxes2005 HARTZIV and other veterans please help with answers.
u never count one and u wan count ten. Get the degree u seek first and everyother thing will play out fine..

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 7:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
naijaobi:

u never count one and u wan count ten. Get the degree u seek first and everyother thing will play out fine..
There no harm in asking for information, is there?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 7:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
Someone should please respond to my earlier post. I am not happy right now
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
XketchDesigns:

There no harm in asking for information, is there?

Dude! you dont count your chicks before they hatch ohh!!!!!! Life is stage by stage

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
beebee5000:

I don't think this sentence is absolutely true. It depends on your school. In my school we have a system called Tandem Program. You register for this program after your admission. Someone is assigned to you, who will pick you up at the train station, take you to your apartment if you have one, help you with your immatriculation, Rathaus Anmeldung und sofort......... and he will also assist you in settling down. I have one, who is a nice guy, taking me round the town in the evenings and telling me where and how to meet people. The best part is he is also studying a similar course, which makes it easy for us to discuss. Finally I'm using him to perfect my German, but he loves speaking English. It's been fun anyway.

Den beebee u most b very lucky. I found my way on my own from Frankfurt airport to d hotel I booked on wakanow by my own. D next day, I found my way by myself to my dept to pick d key to d room reserved for me and even d coordinator was not on hand to meet me but drop d key with someone and a map plus some documents in German DAT I can't read. D next day I trace my way to d local govt office for my registration by myself. Got lost many times on d way until I met some Jehovah's witnesses and I worked up to dem for assistance cus I'm a witness too. Even as I dey type now sef, I Neva c anybody from my dept. D sch held a welcome program for us ystday as international students and all d program was still in German wit very bad interpreters trying to keep up. I just vex commot for dia. Its obvious dis my sch just get name but dey are not organised to takia of foreign students. Its Goethe university Frankfurt. I av bin moving round sorting out things by myself wit one if my classmate from India DAT I ran into at d enrollment office. Thank God for d Naija guy DAT I met, I for don Jones wella

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tossbal4real: 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
esdajo:
Someone should please respond to my earlier post. I am not happy right now

Hi Esdajo, We're you told to come with a 3 months travel insurance? Are you using a sponsor or a block account and finally are you applying for a student visa or visiting visa and the likes. Your response to the questions asked may help in providing a clearer picture of what is going on.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
tossbal4real:

Hi Esdajo, We're you told to come with a 3 months travel insurance? Are you using a sponsor or a block account and finally are you applying for a student visa or visiting visa and the likes. Your response to the questions asked may help in providing a clearer picture of what is going on.

@tossbal4real I used a block account and yes, its a student visa. I was just asked to come and noting more than that. No, I wasnt asked to come with any travel health insurance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tossbal4real: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=esdajo post=27034395]

@tossbal4real I used a block account and yes, its a student visa. I was just asked to come and noting more than that. No, I wasnt asked to come with any travel health insurance[/quote

Hmm! Forgive my many questions! I have an issue with the fact that your passport was not returned, that sounds odd (stand to be corrected by the veterans in the house). Did they give you a reason why this was not returned? Also who was the VO that interviewed you and how did it go? Another question would be are you going for an Msc or a Bsc program?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
beebee5000:

Dude! you dont count your chicks before they hatch ohh!!!!!! Life is stage by stage
I am jot counting anything here, I am just asking a simple question. Whats wrong with answering this particular question because I see you guys shy away from it?

Life is all about planing, with the right information you plan ahead and avoid unnecessary mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Please Betty,where are you oooh? How are things turning out @ this time? Please,let us know as we are here praying fervently for you to come out in victory IJN,AMEN!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I am jot counting anything here, I am just asking a simple question. Whats wrong with answering this particular question because I see you guys shy away from it?

Life is all about planing, with the right information you plan ahead and avoid unnecessary mistakes.

First things first, get into the system, once in all other things shall fall in place.
Everyone here has different experience and different stories which may not even be of any help to you when you need it.
one major factor in settling easily is your language proficiency.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
nevilbot:

Den beebee u most b very lucky. I found my way on my own from Frankfurt airport to d hotel I booked on wakanow by my own. D next day, I found my way by myself to my dept to pick d key to d room reserved for me and even d coordinator was not on hand to meet me but drop d key with someone and a map plus some documents in German DAT I can't read. D next day I trace my way to d local govt office for my registration by myself. Got lost many times on d way until I met some Jehovah's witnesses and I worked up to dem for assistance cus I'm a witness too. Even as I dey type now sef, I Neva c anybody from my dept. D sch held a welcome program for us ystday as international students and all d program was still in German wit very bad interpreters trying to keep up. I just vex commot for dia. Its obvious dis my sch just get name but dey are not organised to takia of foreign students. Its Goethe university Frankfurt. I av bin moving round sorting out things by myself wit one if my classmate from India DAT I ran into at d enrollment office. Thank God for d Naija guy DAT I met, I for don Jones wella

Eyah feel sorry for you sha, with time you will pick up. But this one that you are already complaining of too many german text, hmmm na wah. Just try and mingle with some germans and all shall be well with you. How did you cope at the Rathaus? becos everything there is in german.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=tossbal4real post=27034534][/quote]

I was under the impression that they wanted to verify my older visas but I dont really think that is even necessary as they are both expired since 2012. I am going for my LLM (Masters degree in Law). I asked the Nigerian lady that interviewed me about the passport and she said that there was no problem as she was not the person to interview me initially but the Asian looking lady but for some reasons, they had to assist her to reduce the crowd before her so I think it was during the process of moving my documents from one office to the other that the passport was left behind but I saw all my original documents during the interview which went very well as I was very comfortable that a black lady was the V.O and some answers I gave her she was like " its okay, you musn't answer everything". I think I did fairly well as far as the interview is concerned but I dont know why I was asked to come
Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
sirleo234:
@cahnellven tanx a lot was trying to apply to university of Bremen I got to a stage where I was told to do some up loading which included my transcript but the school where I obtained my Bsc has refused to give me the transcript by hand what should I do.

hmmn hard one .
I guess your best bet is to inform your programme coordinator about what your school policy is.
Your school can then send the transcript to universitat bremen,thats assuming your programme allows you to do so

or

you can put pressure on your school here in naija,Make them see reasons why you need the transcript in person .i believe anything can happen if naira is involved

GOOD LUCK

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.