Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (883700 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2014
Eke40seven:

May be she didn't impress enough or come up with good reasons why she wants to study and may be she didn't know much about her course...since the statement was not specific, I will advise that she goes through all the questions that she was asked and try to see the ones she didn't really answer well, then she can base her appeal on that..
Here is a post I got from someone who copied from someone on this thread sometime ago. but you can check similar posts to add one or two things.
"The questions are basically the same though the order might slightly change in respective cases. 
However here is a brief rundown of the matter:
1. What course did you study in your first degree?
2. Can you speak German?
3. What have you been doing since you finished school (info on NYSC and post-NYSC work experience)?
4. Why do you wish to study in Germany (at least 3 different reasons)?
5. Why don't you study the course in Nigeria, Uk, US or any other country?
6. What do you know about Germany (brief summary of German history, politics, demographics and economy)?
7. How many semesters is your intended course of study, and how many years will it last?
8. How many courses are you going to offer in your first semester?
9. Name all the courses in each semester?
10. What do you intend to do immediately after finishing the study program?
11. If you return to Nigeria which organizations do you intend to apply to for work?
12. Who sponsors your finances for the whole trip (if available attach evidence of extra funds apart from the blocked 7,908 Euros; extra funds between N80,000 - N100,000)?
13. What is the relationship between you and your sponsor(s), and what do they do for a living?

These are the much I can remember for now, and they are basically what you will experience too.

Above all, my advice is to dress neatly, walk smartly up to the official only when called, and talk clearly/confidently."
After evaluating her performance using these tools, she will know where and how she fell short of expectations.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!
Tank you every much .
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Are this undergrad or masters programme?
Summer or winter?

These are undergrad, there are a whole lot more options for masters and a few for undergrad.

Some are summer and some are winter, check the individual schools.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by holajesus(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
please can I transfer from my present school to another in Germany?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Are this undergrad or masters programme?
Summer or winter?
they are for undergrad but tuhh general engineering require B1 german and fh Aachen require B2 German because their first year is no longer in English. just check daad international
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
Veryplain:
please I need advice .my sister was denied student visa ,they said there is doubt in her purpose of travel.please can someone explain to me what he /she thinks that caused the the doubt? and what we should do next .ur replies will help a lot she's been so weak since yesterday plz
Bsc or msc?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
damsamty16:

Bsc or msc?
Bsc.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
researchQ:

Thank you. Please my questions pertains to survival especially when the money in the blocked account has been exhausted and one is faced with reality. Will it be possible to secure a source of livelihood especially a lady like me. What kind of feminine jobs can I do to meet up with rent, feeding, semester fees and other miscellaneous? also bearing in mind that my studies must not suffer. Will it be possible to combine both studies and work conveniently? I am gonna have to resign my job for this major milestone and I need to be sure its worth it. Thanks

As a student, exhausting 1, 8000000 naira in Germany without getting a job means there is something wrong. At least you should have gotten a part-time job within 6 months of living here. Germany could be very expensive for an international student from the developing world: You have to pay your monthly insurance, accommodation; feeding and some miscellaneous expenses would always come around.

However, getting a job could be very difficult without having a basic knowledge of German. Honestly speaking, English would not take you very far here. Remember, almost every young German already speak English. So that already puts you at a disadvantage. My point is you have to try as much as possible to learn German. Basic German would give you access to restaurant jobs, factory jobs or trade fair jobs. But highly proficient German would pave the way for better job opportunities such as Telecommunications ( I know a friend that works there), Engineering fields and many others.

As a lady, you can work in supermarkets, restaurants or hotels. Even a guy can get such a job too. But the truth is that ladies relatively have an high amount of getting jobs that guys. In fact, if a guy and a girl with the same qualification apply for a job, the girl would be chosen. This is a common practice in Germany.

As I said, even the supermarket and restaurant jobs require basic knowledge of German. This is quite reasonable because a worker would have to speak German to attend to the customers' needs.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
Eke40seven:

1. Please, introduce yourself, name (optional),
course, level, school, city, your school in
Nigeria (optional)

I'm t-med, studying in Rhein-Waal. I never studied at a nigerian University. I was already studying abroad before moving to Germany.

Eke40seven:

2. How does German educational system differ
from the system you were used to?

I am not in the right position to judge because I never studied in Nigeria, but I love the educational system here in Germany smiley

Eke40seven:

3. What academic challenge(s) did you face or are
you facing currently and how are/did you tackling/
tackle them?

Combining work and study is not as easy as I thought it would be.

Eke40seven:

3. What is your (academic) advise to prospective
Nigerian student coming over to study?
(summarised)

When you've made up your mind to come to Germany, start learning German smiley (Writing from experience sad)

Eke40seven:

4. Do your school have a sizeable number of
international students and what is the state of
interaction like with them?

Yes it does. And I love the diversity of the environment. It brings me closer to the culture of other people.

Eke40seven:

5. Did you find it difficult integrating into the
society and how were you able to overcome it if
you had?

I am doing my best. I improve my German almost every day. I listen to German music and watch German shows and movies. However, I don't only mix with Germans. I associate myself with different nationalities. But of course, one should not over do it: I would always be an African no matter what: That's my identity wink

Eke40seven:

6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working
Nigerian student with a particular result can
maintain his/her academic performance in
Germany with the same efforts?

All I can say is: a student get what he or she deserves here. If what you write deserves an A+, you would get it. No doubt about that
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
researchQ:

Thank you. Please my questions pertains to survival especially when the money in the blocked account has been exhausted and one is faced with reality. Will it be possible to secure a source of livelihood especially a lady like me. What kind of feminine jobs can I do to meet up with rent, feeding, semester fees and other miscellaneous? also bearing in mind that my studies must not suffer. Will it be possible to combine both studies and work conveniently? I am gonna have to resign my job for this major milestone and I need to be sure its worth it. Thanks

That is one major issue behind most people's mind. People in Germany testify that the learning is intense and we will have a lot of catching up to do academically. Learning the language while studying intensely and working will definitely rock anybody's world in Germany, so I think learning the language to an extent before Leaving Naija is important to avoid getting almost overwhelmed as we have told a lot about this. Non-EU students are allowed to work for only 20 hours a week( those who work more than this will have to pay into social security but there might be ways around this trust naija). I think how convenient it is depends on the type of Job you get, the type of Job you get also depends on your German proficiency( If you know German, you get more convenient choices where they pay more and if you don't speak German, you have to stick with the fewer English speaking jobs that come your way). If I remember correctly the minimum wage will be 8.5 euro/hour as from 2015 generally. Although this is applicable to people new to the German work system only after 6months of working( google more on this) so you can do the maths of the possible income. Ogas in Germo with the real experience should add or subtract
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 4:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
Eke40seven:

7. Like in any society, there are distractions or
factors that reduces performance, what are the
major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened
Nigerian JJC?

If you seek soial life, you would definitely find it in Germany. However, I'm sure you all would agree that excessive social-life would deifinitely affect the grades.
Eke40seven:

8. Most of the male or even females at one time or
the other would have fantasized having a German
Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the
shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can
ebele17(f), get her prince charming easily?

Everyone has their choices. There are Germans who would prefer to date onle Germans. There are Germans who would prefer to date only someone FROM EUROPE, USA or CANADA. There are Germans who would date someone irrespective of the person's nationality. It's a matter of choice.
Eke40seven:

9. List 5 most important items an intending new
comer should bring along to Germany.
If i were you, I would bring more clothes, shoes, food stuffs( These are things that could cost you lot of money). Don't forget to bring your international passport and your Letter of admission wink
Eke40seven:

10. Give 5 most important tip to surviving in
Germany, jobs and all.
Learn German; Don't mix with only people from your country, ( I will write the rest as soon as I remember smiley )
Eke40seven:

11. Just give your opinion on these claims below
by indicating with an Agree (A), Neutral (N) or
Disagree (D)
a. Germans are cold
b. They hate late coming
c. They are racist
D. They don't have time for chitchat
E. They are introverts
F. They love beer
G. they don't know how to queue
P.s. I understand that these questions may be too
much to answer at a go, you can answer them bit
by bit at your convenience if its gonna take its toll
on you. Thank you and God bless.
I will answer this question very soon***
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
Veryplain:
Bsc.
pls be specific. did she use block account or a sponsor?. did she write any exams?.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeejunior: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
Please how can I apply for a tuition free university in Germany and what are the requirements
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
jaydeejunior:
Please how can I apply for a tuition free university in Germany and what are the requirements
You are obviously new in this thread...So here is the advice, read from about 100-140 pages back to wet your appetite...am sure you will get more than a grasp of what you need, then you can read more later. EVERY question you could ask at this stage, you will get as it has been answered over and over again.....
However, the quote below will summarise what you expect, answer your questions for the mean while and more.....

Eke40seven:

If you you expect to get the information you seek in a summarised response then you will be disappointed.
However, Google, 'DAAD international students' to get a general information on studies in Germany and also choose the courses of your wish and get their requirements and mode of application. The tool on the site is very useful in searching for the schools. The search can be narrowed down to criteria like courses, language requirements, period of study, tuition, etc.
Google, 'German embassy in Nigeria- checklist for students visa' in order to get what you are required of in order to obtain the visa.
Note that the financial requirements for obtaining visa include opening a blocked account with €8000 or getting a sponsor residing in Germany who can obtain a sponsorship letter for you.
Student life in Germany is very good and the future is bright, there are a lot of English taught courses and most of the schools are tuition free.
I think I am beginning to 'bottle-feed' you at this point since you are masters student.
I will advise you to read 30-40 pages back and you will be surprised at the number of times this info you seek and more has been answered, broken down to soft tiny pieces for the softest of teeth to crush.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kuzee(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2014
jaydeejunior:
obviously a new comer.
let see how far he goes..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hey guyz am new here just want to introduce ma self, frm wat i hav seen i nid 2 go back 2 page 100 - 140. N tanks 2 u guys 4 gvin us more info abt all tins German. I must say am just browsing so incase u dont c me again, i was probably scared off with all d lug processes. Anyways am off 2 page 100 wish me luke ni!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
tayoslayer:

That is one major issue behind most people's mind. People in Germany testify that the learning is intense and we will have a lot of catching up to do academically. Learning the language while studying intensely and working will definitely rock anybody's world in Germany, so I think learning the language to an extent before Leaving Naija is important to avoid getting almost overwhelmed as we have told a lot about this. Non-EU students are allowed to work for only 20 hours a week( those who work more than this will have to pay into social security but there might be ways around this trust naija). I think how convenient it is depends on the type of Job you get, the type of Job you get also depends on your German proficiency( If you know German, you get more convenient choices where they pay more and if you don't speak German, you have to stick with the fewer English speaking jobs that come your way). If I remember correctly the minimum wage will be 8.5 euro/hour as from 2015 generally. Although this is applicable to people new to the German work system only after 6months of working( google more on this) so you can do the maths of the possible income. Ogas in Germo with the real experience should add or subtract

According to work permit, you can worl 4 months full time or 6 month part time to enable you focus on studies. There is no where it was stated you can only work 20 hours per week.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
Horatio27:
pls be specific. did she use block account or a sponsor?. did she write any exams?.
she used blocked account,and she didn't write any exam just normal oral interview
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Veryplain:
she used blocked account,and she didn't write any exam just normal oral interview
When was her interview and when did she get the rejection?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 11:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
Good day everyone.... Particularly my ogas @ d top.
I just have one question... And yes, I go soon read the thread from beginning to the end, but I'm currently preparing for GRE...and combining that with NYSC is really difficult.

The question is what's the advantage of certifying one's documents at the german embassy instead of at a high Court...
And if I certify documents at the high Court, would it bear the below listed requirements?

1) a remark confirming the certified copy corresponds to the original?
2) the signature of person certifying the document
3) official seal and not simple stamp?

Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
Obiwannn:
Good day everyone.... Particularly my ogas @ d top.
I just have one question... And yes, I go soon read the thread from beginning to the end, but I'm currently preparing for GRE...and combining that with NYSC is really difficult.

The question is what's the advantage of certifying one's documents at the german embassy instead of at a high Court...
And if I certify documents at the high Court, would it bear the below listed requirements?

1) a remark confirming the certified copy corresponds to the original?
2) the signature of person certifying the document
3) official seal and not simple stamp?

Thank you.
At the Ikeja high court where I did mine, it bore a stamp saying "certified copy of original', the signature of the person certifying it and; a stamp bearing the emblem of the Lagos state coat of arm and not just a text stamp. and I made sure all the pages were stamped for multi paged documents since I was charged for it, because they left it out initially. I was charged N200 per copy
I was at the embassy yesterday, although I didn't see the format for stamping, they now charge N1,200.00 per set of documents as against before when it was free. Someone who stamped at the embassy can fill you in more.
Hope you find it useful
Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yettyclesia: 12:26am On Oct 23, 2014
I joined this trend after my visa interview,wasn't aware that anything like this exist ,but I must say its been really educative reading different messages,my visa was Issued after 3weeks after my interview but didn't get a mail until I mailed them and I was told my visa was ready ,to cut the story short,I am in Germany now.may everyone awaiting the Goodnews get it in Jesus name

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 4:02am On Oct 23, 2014
yettyclesia:
I joined this trend after my visa interview,wasn't aware that anything like this exist ,but I must say its been really educative reading different messages,my visa was Issued after 3weeks after my interview but didn't get a mail until I mailed them and I was told my visa was ready ,to cut the story short,I am in Germany now.may everyone awaiting the Goodnews get it in Jesus name
Amen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Horatio27: 6:25am On Oct 23, 2014
Veryplain:
she could try appealing
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 6:33am On Oct 23, 2014
yettyclesia:
Congrats,whc city r u headed to?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2014
damsamty16:

When was her interview and when did she get the rejection?
she had her interview on 15 October and got a mail on 20 october saying she should come to the embassy with her passport ,with out stating it was for rejection purpose ,then when she got there they told her there is doubt in her purpose of travel.she used the block account and didn't write any exam.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 7:18am On Oct 23, 2014
@jaydeemourg hafa nar?I don lata collect the matter yday o..how far with urs nar?...I rly wish to appreciate all y'all for your wonderful support and guidance during some hiccups in my visa processing.I just want all you to know that I collected my fisa yday...those security guyz wey dey do like say the embassy na their papa house come dey beg me for money after them show me before I enta...but God pass them....If u are still waiting for ur own visa,don't worry God has done it,if you are yet to go for interview ,pls read this thread well o...walahi na here I see how to fill my form,see interview questions,how to book appointment,how to get sponsorship letter,and every every..so don't sleep on the bicycle...from getting admission to fisa,read pali to pali of this thread,walahi u r in germany ...God will bless all of una for here o.make I begin dey go do shopping,I neva buy anything,even boxers sef..ire o

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ops84(m): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2014
You have mail bro, please reply.
tmed1:

As a student, exhausting 1, 8000000 naira in Germany without getting a job means there is something wrong. At least you should have gotten a part-time job within 6 months of living here. Germany could be very expensive for an international student from the developing world: You have to pay your monthly insurance, accommodation; feeding and some miscellaneous expenses would always come around.

However, getting a job could be very difficult without having a basic knowledge of German. Honestly speaking, English would not take you very far here. Remember, almost every young German already speak English. So that already puts you at a disadvantage. My point is you have to try as much as possible to learn German. Basic German would give you access to restaurant jobs, factory jobs or trade fair jobs. But highly proficient German would pave the way for better job opportunities such as Telecommunications ( I know a friend that works there), Engineering fields and many others.

As a lady, you can work in supermarkets, restaurants or hotels. Even a guy can get such a job too. But the truth is that ladies relatively have an high amount of getting jobs that guys. In fact, if a guy and a girl with the same qualification apply for a job, the girl would be chosen. This is a common practice in Germany.

As I said, even the supermarket and restaurant jobs require basic knowledge of German. This is quite reasonable because a worker would have to speak German to attend to the customers' needs.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2014
kelly4top:

According to work permit, you can worl 4 months full time or 6 month part time to enable you focus on studies. There is no where it was stated you can only work 20 hours per week.

Yes you're right. Had to check back on that. Its more like 120full days or 240 half days in a year. How you share the days is up to you so do the maths.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2014
Eke40seven:

At the Ikeja high court where I did mine, it bore a stamp saying "certified copy of original', the signature of the person certifying it and; a stamp bearing the emblem of the Lagos state coat of arm and not just a text stamp. and I made sure all the pages were stamped for multi paged documents since I was charged for it, because they left it out initially. I was charged N200 per copy
I was at the embassy yesterday, although I didn't see the format for stamping, they now charge N1,200.00 per set of documents as against before when it was free. Someone who stamped at the embassy can fill you in more.
Hope you find it useful
Good luck.

Pls what do u mean when you say 1200 per set of documents?
And I suppose 200 per copy means each document certified at the high Court costs 200?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijadove: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Veryplain:
There are different possibities for her rejection.

From what i see, she has a degree already right? and she is going for a bsc, is she working right now?
Are the courses related, would it add any value to her career?
they could be wondering why not a masters degree instead of a degree.

It could be she was not very convincing enough when she was having her interview with the lady at the embassy.

It could also be she didn't have sufficient information of the course, maybe the school or the location she hopes to study. So they might wonder why you will be going to a palce and know nothing about it.

i dunno these are just possibilities...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:40am On Oct 23, 2014
Obiwannn:

Pls what do u mean when you say 1200 per set of documents?
And I suppose 200 per copy means each document certified at the high Court costs 200?
what I mean by 1200 per set of document is this...
for instance, if you are applying to the university of gongola, the whole documents required by them will be one set, according to the reports from my enquiries. if another school you are applying to requires some other stuffs, and you are applying to them, that one will be another set and will cost another N1200, whether there is only one or two document in that file or set if docs, regardless the number of pages in total.

At the high court in IKEJA, N200 is charged per page for any document certified. So if you transcript has 10 pages, that would be (200x10) = N2000 for your transcript alone. or if your set of documents containing your SSCE, Bsc Cert., transcript, etc has 12 pages in total, that would be N2,400 naira...but at the embassy, the price is fixed at N1,200 now whether its only 1 page for a file (or set) you are submitting to a particular school or 100 at least according to the explanation I got. So, a set of the photocopies of your transcript, SSCE, BSC cert etc is N1,200.00 (at the embassy)
I hope its clear now?
Good luck

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.