Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,936 members, 7,799,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) (31136 Views)

Man Shields Girlfriend From Attack As Ohio Gunman Opens Fire In Unseen Footage / About 27 Dead In Texas As Gunman Opens Fire On First Baptist Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by fergie001: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2021
Students were seen jumping from windows of a Russian university today after a teenage gunman held a key building under siege.

Shots were heard at Perm State University in Russia's Ural mountains and initial reports said eight were killed and more than fourteen were wounded.

A lone gunman was seen walking into the building holding a clearly visible firearm, with reports later saying the shooter had been killed by police.

The unidentified perpetrator used a non-lethal gun, according to the Perm State University press service. Students and staff of the university locked themselves in rooms, and the university urged those who could leave the campus to do so.

Pictured: A still from a video showing a man holding a firearm walking towards a building

Pictured: A photo allegedly showing the gunman posing with a firearm and ammunition
'When the people saw the shooter and heard the shots, some managed to leave the building, others locked themselves in classrooms,' said one eyewitness account.

Many students were seen jumping after climbing out of a second floor window.

The regional health ministry said among those wounded were injuries both from the shooting and from trying to escape the building.

The university flashed a message to frightened staff and students saying: 'If you are currently inside the university, please, try to shut yourself from inside the room, and stay inside.

'If you are on the campus, please leave if possible. If you are on the way to the university - TURN BACK'

The gunman - named in some reports as Timur Bekmansurov, 18, a student - was later reported to have been overpowered.

The university said he was detained alive but seriously wounded, but other accounts said he had been killed. These were not immediately confirmed.

In messages sent by the suspect before the siege, he was quoted saying he 'liked causing pain to people'.

Pictured: Police block the road near the scene after a gunman opened fire at the Perm State University in Perm, Russia September 20, 2021

A car of Russia's National Guard is seen at the scene after a gunman opened fire at the Perm State University in Perm, Russia September 20, 2021
He described himself as 'unstoppable'.

'I could have fooled every psychiatrist,' he said of a test to get his gun license.

'At least I will feel alive for the last ten minutes of my life,' he wrote.

'I detest myself as much as I test all of you.'

He said: 'I want to leave as much pain in the world as I can so everyone I can't kill will remember this day forever….

'I will do all in my power to kill as many as I can.

'Only a few of you deserve to live.'

Pictured: A man dressed in black is shown walking through a courtyard towards a building

Pictured: A person is seen lying on the ground outside the university buildings

Pictured: A person receives treatment on the ground at the university, with the floor below covered in blood
Later reports said the shooter had died from police gunshot wounds.

Some reports said that eight had died in the university, but the Russian Investigative Committee so far confirmed five.

Fleets of ambulances arrived at the campus.

The shooter had been armed with a Turkish-made 12-caliber Huglu rifle.

His messages suggest he had been planning a massacre for many months, but only recently decided to carry it out at the university.

SOURCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPerKrX3ULI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxDp4sX3oh0

1 Like

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Decentdave(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2021
Violence everywhere. Na dem kukuma dey produce firearm. The guy is only trying to do some practice grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by overdrive(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2021
Too many psychos on the loose. Thank God Africa is safer.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by aanuoluwami14(f): 9:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Nigerians over there, hope you are safe?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Wuluwurum(m): 9:57am On Sep 20, 2021
Insecurity all over the world

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by slawormiir: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad...he looks like terminator...the funny thing is that there is a possibility that this guy is not dead.....but their media will hide the truth and won't report it

How i wish I fit run this thing for our house of rep or national assembly

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by bouncin04(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2021
Dafuk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Olunmercy56(f): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2021
cry anywhere we are all over the world, God's protection will always be on us, Amen.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by TimFisher2: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2021
undecided

IPOB doing what they know how to do best

Turn to your neighbor and ask have you blame IPOB today

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Bvlgari: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2021
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for you and for me

MJ.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by omoadeleye(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2021
Unknown gun men dan dey leave Nigeria shore to cause mayhem

2 Likes

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by sslcrypt: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2021
Hmm
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by money121(m): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by uniqueboi1(m): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2021
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Finces: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2021
grin
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by rottennaija(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2021
The world is getting insane by the day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by GeneralPula: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2021
Frustration..

Russians are suffering economically but their president can spend trillions on their military..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Splitmind: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2021
So sad, it's so unsafe for students out there in these western countries. Thank God we live in a country where all these things don't happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by ottohan: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2021
omoadeleye:
Unknown gun men dan dey leave Nigeria shore to cause mayhem
Typical Nigerian, takes serious issues for a joke

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by mightyhaze: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
Crazy
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by HEAVEN4444: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
shocked
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Skoonheid(f): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
Works of darkness
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by bournem(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
UNKNOWN GUN MEN EVERYWHERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Ruggedniggaone: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
Russia sk strong pass Ghana sk
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by opeaskey(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
The whole world is confused and in disarray.May Almighty God have mercy on us all.[color=#000099][/color][b][/b][i][/i]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Midas01: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2021
God...
Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Samfloxin(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2021
I laugh when people say oyibo no get problem, that blacks do juju. Oyibo people get their own version of wickedness. Craze full the world, na types e get.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Newness2019: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2021
THANK GOD, IN THIS COUNTRY, EVERY GUNMAN IS KNOWN AND CAN BE TRACKED.

MILITARY AND SECURITY AGENTS DON'T MESS UP HERE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by AmazingELixir: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2021
shocked

Those jumping through the window to escape the gun man are lucky....in Nigeria that won't be possible burglary proof will make sure of that..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunman Opens Fire At Perm State University, Russia. 8 Dead (Graphic) by Blezazew: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2021
Too bad

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russian Plane Crashes On Its Way To Syria. 9 Journalists, 83 Others Aboard / Richard Barrons: NATO Is Not Ready For War With Russia / Morocco: Massive Earthquake Damages Historical Buildings. 296 Dead, 153 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.