Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension (34474 Views)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / FOREX Crisis: Naira Plunges To 1,025/$, Job Losses, Factory Shutdown Loom / Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Tooreda: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2021
May Buhari remain cursed forever

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by GeneralPula: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2021
PotatoSalad:

It favours no one as long as inflation exists.

The inflation is directly proportional to the fall in Naira against dollar..

When dollar was at $1/#150, somebody that earns $100 earns $15,000. Things then were cheap in proportional to the currency rate..

Now dollar is at $1/575, somebody that earns $100 earns #57,500. Inflation will be very proportional to what the currency rate is..

You know the rise in $ is also currency inflation, right?

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by omoluka: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
vibre:

https://punchng.com/dollar-hits-n575-two-days-after-aboki-fx-update-suspension/
Nigeria currency should be the worst performing currency in the world right now though i don't have any data to back this up. I expect to see it at 800/$ at least before the year runs out
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by JuanDeDios: 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
GeneralPula:
So $100 is now 57500 Naira..

This will only Favour those who earns in dollars as what they are earning will be proportional to what they spending..

But you see salary earners? Dem go dey jonze presently..
My brother, it's not proportional now o! The rate of price increases in the market for basics is higher than the exchange rate increase. But I get your point. It's definitely proportional for things like car and dollar earners are bound to find things much easier than naira earner in this economy.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Angelfrost(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

This is too harsh

You think??!... I disagree! There is no easier way for her to put it.

Personally, I wouldn't use "Cursed" as I have no interest nor belief in superstitions... So, I will lean towards the average Black man especially Nigerian being quite shallow and dim-witted especially with regards to Politics, Leadership (Especially this) and long-term planning.

How else do you explain that a sovereign nation loaded with some of the best human and natural resources has consistently and ridiculously retrogressed from the very moment their colonial masters departed... tongue
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nathan101: 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by grandstar(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
PUSSYHOE:
Black race is cursed!

Stop sounding ignorant, Hitler who started World War 2 that led to the death of 60m was white.

Stalin, whose iron rule led to the death of over 20m of his countrymen was white.

The war in the former republics of Croatia, Kosovo, Bosnia, and Herzegovina were all orchestrated by a white man.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Kaluoko: 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
Banks will never give u dollar.they will prefer to sell to mallam to sell at 575.and making them huge returns.CBN has make a scape goat from one these scrupulous deals by these managers.or better still sell the dollar themselves to people who need it.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by BigBashiru: 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2021
PUSSYHOE:

They are the one controlling our leaders?

Alpha conde of Guinea is pro-russian. France wasn't happy about this and had allegedly first tried to get rid of him in 2011 or so (use Google for exact year)..since then France couldn't get him physically and this month a pro France military man in guinea plotted acoup and became president... this new president is the one France wants and this ensures Guinea remains a French colony. any pro guinea govt official is soon targeted by France.

then mali.the existing president was pro France until great colonel assimi goita plotted acoup this year and ceased power...goita is affiliated with Russia...

France is destabilizing local politics by installing pro France leaders who ensures thosecountries continue to be dependent on France andnever develop. also amnesty international, United nations etc are all pro West.

now look at Nigeria... there's more tonigerian politics than meets the eye... u know "EU election observers" normally come during our elections. you need to understand Europe doesn't mean well for Africa.... UK EU and France all try t interfer during our elections to install "leaders" who Will do what they want.

Any African leader who is pro African quickly bcomes an target by the west...

Europe is the enemy of Africa.

study African news more and ul understand whats going on.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by israelmao(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Emefele in trial-and- error running of monetary policies.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by iLegendd(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Not bothered. To my advantage. When we tell you people not to vote goats into power, you refused.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
Emefiele you see your life...abokifx is not your problem - it's your ineptitude and bad policies that are killing the Naira.

#FreeAbokiFxNow
#stopKillingYorubaBusiness

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by GreatrAnalyst: 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
Emefiele Efulefu.
No CBN gov has ever done worse.
Clueless married to trial and error

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by UncleJudax(m): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
Earlystar698:
1000 before 2024 zombiesm is a curse
at this pace, N1000/dollar is possible early next year.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by InHeaven(m): 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2021
STFU man, CBN Governor is a failure. He's the custodian in that aspect not Buhari. Why then was fashola castigated about Federal roads and power then.
SpecialAdviser:

Why do you guys keep calling this CBN governor? What nonsense?

Is Buhari not the president? Nobody can perform well under the lifeless man. Tell me one parastatal doing we'll.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by tenpipsperday: 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2021
ednut1:
Emefiele should just resign and flee

And the one that promised you one dollar to one naira should remain right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nathan101: 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2021
UncleJudax:

at this pace, N1000/dollar is possible early next year.

Naira is 550 to a dollar in Lagos island today I just got mine.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by FreeStuffsNG: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
It's Punch newspaper wink
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by FashionCookie(f): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
jimmyolasun:
#700 soon

*America epp us!! Egbawa ooo!!*

Give me benefits money ejoor make I turn am to Naira
The Egbawa really got me... ;Hahaha...
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by InHeaven(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
What's funny here please angry
MALIGNANTGuest:
grin grin
I projected #600 by the end of the year but I never knew I was totally wrong.
We may be having a BUMPER XMAS GIFT this time around.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by ken6488(m): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
Nathan101:

Naira is 550 to a dollar in Lagos island today I just got mine.
Wow
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2021
Angelfrost:

800 to 1000 Naira per Dollar by December is a very reasonable estimate or prediction...

By the time Buhari hands over, I wonder what will be left of the Nation's economy!!!

At this point, I sense he is already running short of nations to take loans from.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It can only worsen the situation of those who earn in Naira, whose salaries are never paid not to talk of increment

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
It's Punch newspaper wink
U mean EMEFIELE should ban punch too

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2021
Aboki Economics with a dash of overall northern stupidity even if they have degrees they will still be stupid . Burning down your own house to chase out an invisible rat. See how Nepotism is Melting our beloved economy yet the greedy bloody thirsty baffoons will not allow things go well .

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by InHeaven(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2021
Buhari hasn't sack this dumb Emefiele angry

Birds of a feather
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by alizma: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
SocialJustice:
CBN attacking Abokifx as if they are the cause of Naira's free fall.
I guess you didn't read post before yours, the guy said dollar is available at 570 as against 575, that is how you know there is likelihood that the situation will reverse. Before this week runs out, dollar will go below 570
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
InHeaven:
Buhari hasn't sack this dumb Emefiele angry

Birds of a feather
EMIEFELE should be the one sacking Buhari.
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Selfmotivated: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2021
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by chrixtoimoh: 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2021
Abokifx updates is not problem nah borrow borrow government wahala.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by pickatyoubackup: 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2021
At least emiefele no-go blame abokifx this time around
Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by Angelfrost(m): 8:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It can only worsen the situation of those who earn in Naira, whose salaries are never paid not to talk of increment

Those ones are already suffering... They have been suffering even long before the Dollar over-powered the Naira to this point.

It beats my mind how an average Nigerian has remained sane under this horrendously clueless leadership for 6 years... More befuddling is how such level of failure could have been given a 2nd term in office without the nation going up in flames of widespread protest!

Boss, forget abeg... Nigerians are still enjoying Buhari!!! When they are truly tired (maybe when hunger, real hunger, starts dropping them like flies), then will they wake up and realize that Buhari is not actually a dictator!!! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension by neyoohhh: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
Awesome cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mairama Indimi Gets Engaged (Photos) / 5 Lucrative Business Opportunities In Abuja / Should I Open A Domiciliary Account? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.