Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? (9455 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job / My Former Boss Came For Interview In My Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by blackgold2018(m): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2021
moscobabs:
Thats why is always good to leave anywhere you work with good record, always ensure to write your resignation letter and put reason why are leaving so it can be used as reference in future.

when I wanted to get another job in 2014 after resigning from my first company of 5years, the interviewers knew my direct boss and they put call on him immediately and it was on speaker, The man just tell them ''Employ him he has no problem and i'm very sure you will not have problem with him but make sure you treat him well because he's an asset . Thank you'' I just smiled and the interview ended thats how i got my Job.

This is my 3rd place of work since i start my career in 2009 and i have not received query,warning letter or sack letter before not that im perfect but i always careful and straightforward.

OP, i pray you find a better one
don't mind the OP.
Two men can never be stupid or unfair on their decision.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 10:22am On Sep 21, 2021
blackgold2018:
I don't totally believe you.
The both employers are right. You are not honest enough.

Issokay
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by TimFisher2: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2021
mamaafrik:
is is part of the agreement that he should not leave at will??
If they were going to sack him,will they have put him under "oh he just married or rented a house" consideration??
If Op knack am jazz to run mad now,people no go know why,dey go con dey pity the mad man.

It is not part of the agreement brother

You know we Africans we are too myopic and mischievous especially when we have gotten to a peak of our career or a new opportunity

We always tend to severe relationships because of one or two issues that happened in the past

Not knowing that it will come to hunt us one day

I think Op is not telling us the truth that must have transpired between them...because if Op does..no body here will give him a bloody advice

Like i said Op might have received his last salary of the month...drop his resignation the following day and walk out of the office like nothing happen..(like most of employee s do)

The boss might have asked him what happened..he will say I want to go and proceed for my MSc ...and you know the boss won’t stop him from achieving his goals...so not to be labeled enemy of progress.....but to Op’s Mind , he might have resigned because tye salary is too small and he needed to get a bigger pay..that’s the fact!

Now ... why not do it like this!!!!!

Maybe two to three months to your resignation...you will walk to her office and say Ma, I would like to proceed with my MSx program to have more knowledge and i am very delighted to be under your tutelage all these years as you have shaped me a lot ...

I won’t hesitate to call upon you when the need arise for a wonderful recommendation from you...because you are a perfect role model to me...I will continue to come for your Motherly/Fatherly assistance...Thank you!

Tell me whether the boss will reject to recommend him when the need arise!
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 10:27am On Sep 21, 2021
moscobabs:
Thats why is always good to leave anywhere you work with good record, always ensure to write your resignation letter and put reason why are leaving so it can be used as reference in future.

when I wanted to get another job in 2014 after resigning from my first company of 5years, the interviewers knew my direct boss and they put call on him immediately and it was on speaker, The man just tell them ''Employ him he has no problem and i'm very sure you will not have problem with him but make sure you treat him well because he's an asset . Thank you'' I just smiled and the interview ended thats how i got my Job.

This is my 3rd place of work since i start my career in 2009 and i have not received query,warning letter or sack letter before not that im perfect but i always careful and straightforward.

OP, i pray you find a better one

The reason why I left was clearly written that I'm leaving to further my education

What I just see to it is that both schs are not far from each other. Like 10 mins drive. So, my former boss did not want me to work with a rival I'll say
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2021
TimFisher2:

It is not part of the agreement brother

You know we Africans we are too myopic and mischievous especially when we have gotten to a peak of our career or a new opportunity

We always tend to severe relationships because of one or two issues that happened in the past

Not knowing that it will come to hunt us one day

I think Op is not telling us the truth that must have transpired between them...because if Op does..no body here will give him a bloody advice

Like i said Op might have received his last salary of the month...drop his resignation the following day and walk out of the office like nothing happen..(like most of employee s do)

The boss might have asked him what happened..he will say I want to go and proceed for my MSc ...and you know the boss won’t stop him from achieving his goals...so not to be labeled enemy of progress.....but to Op’s Mind , he might have resigned because tye salary is too small and he needed to get a bigger pay..that’s the fact!

Now ... why not do it like this!!!!!

Maybe two to three months to your resignation...you will walk to her office and say Ma, I would like to proceed with my MSx program to have more knowledge and i am very delighted to be under your tutelage all these years as you have shaped me a lot ...

I won’t hesitate to call upon you when the need arise for a wonderful recommendation from you...because you are a perfect role model to me...I will continue to come for your Motherly/Fatherly assistance...Thank you!

Tell me whether the boss will reject to recommend him when the need arise!

According to the sch, one has to drop his resignation letter a month b4. I dropped it a month b4, and I left 9th April when the 2nd term was over.
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by TimFisher2: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2021
undecided
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by TimFisher2: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2021
Sniper4real:

According to the sch, one has to drop his resignation letter a month b4. I dropped it a month b4, and I left 9th April when the 2nd term was over.

Was there any symbiotic relationship between you and your boss when you dropped your resignation?
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2021
TimFisher2:

Was there any symbiotic relationship between you and your boss when you dropped your resignation?

The boss that rarely come to sch. It is the principal that managed the sch
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Angelawhite(m): 11:06am On Sep 21, 2021
Sniper4real:
Today, my former boss made me lose my new job i got on Friday.

How do you handle such situation?

It was a teaching job that i had to resigned because of my Msc around April.

Then I saw a sch vacancy and realized that my area was part of the position this another sch is looking for.

I applied, called for interview and it was successful. And this my potential new boss said he knows my former employer and ask if he can call him for verification and I told him to go ahead. He and the principal had already taken me as their new staff and I'm to resume today

Getting to the sch today, this my new employer said my former employer told him that we revolted against writing of lesson notes and that was way i left which was not true, me that left base on Msc issue which he's aware of. And what he told this my potential employer made him not to accept me.

I then called this my former employer why he gave a wrong info about me, he said he never did. That he told my new boss, I left coz of Msc.

You left because of MSC issue and you applied for another school
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Lamasta(m): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2021
Sniper4real your former employer is still pained you left them and want to join another school owned by his colleague
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2021
Angelawhite:

You left because of MSC issue and you applied for another school

Not bad. At least 1st semester is over.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2021
Lamasta:
Sniper4real your former employer is still pained you left them and want to join another school owned by his colleague

That is not cool. I and his Sons were somehow close. I just chatted 1 of them if they've filled my position, and he said yes. At least, no loopholes again
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by okewumi: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2021
Employers are HUMAN. We have good human being and bad one. You are changing from one company/school to another which is in the same industry. They are pain sometimes for leaving. Some prefer you are slaves to them forever. They don't mind if your unborn children apply and be slave to their children too.

Let me give you a case study
I have work in one man business, if you resign, the man will keep monitoring your LinkedIn account or ask from other staffs your new place of work and if he knows your new employer, you are gone.

We organise a training for our partners in the same industry and different companies sent their staffs rep. These guys came with their cars for two days training. My former MD called some of MD that sent staffs that they should be vigilant because for those guys to be riding cars, it means they are stealing company money (so ridiculous) sad sad

You have to be careful in life. Don't think all employers have good hearth. Some are devil.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by ofiko123(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sniper4real:
Huh?

I am self employed, I work on my own to make a petty living..
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
ofiko123:

I am self employed, I work on my own to make a petty living..

Link me up boss
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
okewumi:
Employers are HUMAN. We have good human being and bad one. You are changing from one company/school to another which is in the same industry. They are pain sometimes for leaving. Some prefer you are slaves to them forever. They don't mind if your unborn children apply and be slave to their children too.

Let me give you a case study
I have work in one man business, if you resign, the man will keep monitoring your LinkedIn account or ask from other staffs your new place of work and if he knows your new employer, you are gone.

We organise a training for our partners in the same industry and different companies sent their staffs rep. These guys came with their cars for two days training. My former MD called some of MD that sent staffs that they should be vigilant because for those guys to be riding cars, it means they are stealing company money (so ridiculous) sad sad

You have to be careful in life. Don't think all employers have good hearth. Some are devil.

Enemy of progress are everywhere

1 Like

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by MyOleSolksjaer: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nigerian work environments are nothing but toxic places to work.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by hosemujica: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
There's something you are not telling us Oga.
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Karleb(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
lipsrsealed sad cry cry
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by haslaw(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sniper4real:

I'll say it's the former. Coz the new one can't just cook up that lie. Them enemy of progress

You are very correct. The new priopriietor wouldn't just wake up and reject someone he had already employed .
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by erumena(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
moscobabs:

Pray you do not meet some type of Bosses, then you will know that you can never please everyone all the time!!!
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by moscobabs(m): 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
erumena:

Pray you do not meet some type of Bosses, then you will know that you can never please everyone all the time!!!

Bro forget, u will like me by force if u work with me, see i demand for company policies and SOP immediately i receive my employment letter and i follow all process , i stay humble and i dont fight anyone, if i know im not ok with situation of things at my work place i will humbly ask for what i want and if the company cant dance to my tune then i resign and i will give my reasons. life is not hard bro and i always let them know that not all Job seekers are hungry

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Uniique(m): 12:32am On Sep 22, 2021
moscobabs:

life is not hard bro and i always let them know that not all Job seekers are hungry

Not all job seekers/ employees are hungry my bro. I remember the day i shocked my manager at work. She wanted me to help her buy some stuffs around my area before coming to work. The item was quite expensive, and she didn't have the full amount to pay for it at that point. I just told her not to worry i will pay for it and she can refund it whenever she has the money. She was shocked as to how i could afford to pay for it because she knows how much i earn. The woman no know say baba na cryptopreneur on the low.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Hiwaat(m): 3:27am On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=Sniper4real post=106007293]Today, my former boss made me lose my new job i got on Friday.

How do you handle such situation?

It was a teaching job that i had to resigned because of my Msc around April.

Then I saw a sch vacancy and realized that my area was part of the position this another sch is looking for.

I applied, called for interview and it was successful. And this my potential new boss said he knows my former employer and ask if he can call him for verification and I told him to go ahead. He and the principal had already taken me as their new staff and I'm to resume today

Getting to the sch today, this my new employer said my former employer told him that we revolted against writing of lesson notes and that was way i left which was not true, me that left base on Msc issue which he's aware of. And what he told this my potential employer made him not to accept me.

I then called this my former employer why he gave a wrong info about me, he said he never did. That he told my new boss, I left coz of Msc. [/quote

COME PAY ME MY MONEY ANJOLAOLUWA FAITH FOLAFOLUWA . YOU OWE ME 77,500 .
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Sniper4real(m): 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=Hiwaat post=106514900][/quote]

Nigga, calm down, no vex me oh. If U vex me, I'll look for #25500. Coz that's what you sent to me. Abi u gave me 77k? Chill till month end till I sort your money for you.
Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Hiwaat(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sniper4real:

Nigga, calm down, no vex me oh. If U vex me, I'll look for #25500. Coz that's what you sent to me. Abi u gave me 77k? Chill till month end till I sort your money for you.

ANJOLAOLUWA FAITH FOLAFOLUWA NO LET DEVIL USE YOU O COME PAY ME MY MONEY 77500

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by Hiwaat(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sniper4real:

SEE THIEF I SENT YOU 25K TO HELP ME STAKE GAME ON THE 16TH SEPT ,GAME WON 77K TILL DATE YOU NEVA SEND ME MY 77K YOU RUN DEACTIVATE YOUR TELEGRAM ACCOUNT NA YOU STILL BE THE SAME PERSON WAY SAY YOU NO NEED INSIDE THE MONEY ,NOW YOU DO LIKE ABINNA ELENUFE . YOU STILL SAY BANK GET ISSUE NOW YOU DEY TELL ME MONTH ENDING LOLXXX . SEND ME MY MONEY KLEPTO .

Re: Has Your Former Boss Made You Lose A New Job? by silvaline: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sniper4real:

Baba vex send the 25k first. An update was expected from you on Monday 4th October on telegram but you went offline since then and active here on NL.

It’s a shame that in group where we have been together as a family you have decided to sow a seed of distrust and fear amongst us just because of 25k rising to 77k. Never considering all the urgent 2k guys having been giving u now and again.

I just hope you pay him at month end on or before 31st October 2021 like you said for your on good fortune moving forward in life �

(1) (2) (Reply)

Office Assistant Needed In Ikeja (ssce Or Part-time Student Only) / Salary Scale For NABDA Entry Level / Guinness Nigeria Graduate Marketing Intern Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.