Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,333 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB (3726 Views)

Abia State To Get $125 Million From Islamic Development Bank For Roads / Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! / NNPC Averts $125 Million Fraud Targeted At FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by KillingIsFun: 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
The world is still reeling from the sad news about the passing of acclaimed software engineer David Gbodi Odaibo after winning a much coveted $125 million dollar contract from the United States government for a software he developed for the upgrading of security at airports all over the US.

In one of his few social media posts, he criticizes Bill Gates and Elon Musk for creating unnecessary panic about the impact of artificial intelligence on society:

Oh MY GOD!! The machines are taking over, let’s all run for the hills. Bill Gates and Elon Musk both warned that Artificial intelligence (AI) is man’s biggest threat “Building intelligent machines is like summoning the demon”.

I was very amused when I heard this. I might have expected such an alarmist statement from Elon Musk but I was very disappointed in Bill Gates. Bill Gates, I expect more from you, you should know better. Bill Gates is founder of Microsoft, which has an entire research division dedicated to Machine learning, he should know the state of the art. AI is far from being dangerous; the inference capabilities of the most sophisticated so called “intelligent machines” are nowhere close to being a subject of concern. First let me state some facts.

The BIGGEST breakthrough in (AI) today is unsupervised feature learning with Restricted Boltzmann Machines (AKA Deep Learning). Do you know what Google was able to do with this “Biggest breakthrough”?

They built an intelligent machine of course, using 20,000 computers, I repeat “20,000” multi-core computers, all clustered together in one big pile of …. They then trained their “intelligent machine” by making it watch YouTube videos for 2 weeks straight! No bathroom breaks! 2 weeks straight! Poor machine such inhumane treatment. At the end they looked to see what their machine had learnt. Guess what it could recognize? A Cat. The “intelligent machine” could not speak, it could not run, and it could not jump. It recognized cats!

I rest my case.

[img]https://images./18bZez41xySRxrH2s3BsGS.jpg[/img]
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by daddytime(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
I no even undersabi anything here...
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by JimmyDarmody: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
Edit this and make it readable. You can't beat around the bush and think you are communicating.

9 Likes

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by SportsHD: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
Edit this and make it readable. You can't beat around the bush and think you are communicating.
Bruh, the OP just dey kap vertically. I can't see the purpose of what he wrote.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by colossus91(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2021
nawa
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by JimmyDarmody: 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2021
SportsHD:

Bruh, the OP just dey kap vertically. I can't see the purpose of what he wrote.
I think he's high or just dumb

5 Likes

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by illicit(m): 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2021
So what happened to the cat

1 Like

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by lilvicky68(m): 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2021
Trying to understand this post can cause or elevate hunger..

2 Likes

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by 2468iyajo(m): 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2021
gringringrin even though you waste your time quoting this gringringrin tonguetonguetongue
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
For those who don't understand. It simply means the best AI technology around now is nowhere near sophisticated enough to deliberately hurt mankind and even when Google tried to build a super AI system by combining the power of 20,000 computers, the only thing the system could do was recognize a cat. That's a total waste of time. Even a primary school kid can train a model to that.

lilvicky68:

JimmyDarmody:

daddytime:

3 Likes

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by unbitchable(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2021
Lol.. There's hope after all. I'm starting to have a rethink about Bill gates. Africa makes a mess of his research, algorithm and Covid-19 prediction in Africa.

1 Like

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by streetsoldier1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2021
The write up isnt for the unlearned, just surprised people claim they dont understand. Cant u just skip instead of exposing your ignorance

3 Likes

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by bishop4life(m): 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2021
Bill has always been a business man. I at least knew that.

To those saying they don't understand, he is talking about artificial intelligence (AI). More like saying he is talking about supercomputers, robots, and future machines.
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by JimmyDarmody: 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
Reinaldo:
For those who don't understand. It simply means the best AI technology around now is nowhere near sophisticated enough to deliberately hurt mankind and even when Google tried to build a super AI system by combining the power of 20,000 computers, the only thing the system could do was recognize a cat. That's a total waste of time. Even a primary school kid can train a model to that.

You write as If you're speaking. You should write like you're writing. I get it tho.
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
We all no dat bill is not origenal gate name but bill gate is bills name.are u kidding me

grin wat a joke op i dont want to have headech grin
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by Elliot2(m): 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2021
He may have been killed by Billy for that statement that undermines their sophistication claims of the power of AI. Just as NASA plays on the gullibility of the people with their studio engineered CGI images and videos, Billy and his goons like Musk continue to lie and exaggerate about AI, and every other things.
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by Emilokoiyawon: 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
daddytime:

He is saying there is no fear of A.I. taking over from humans since the most advanced A.I today spent 2 weeks watching youtube videos and at the end of the 2 weeks it could ONLY recognize cats.

1 Like

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2021
Please ! Can someone Translate this article into English Language undecided undecided undecided
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by EmmySparky(m): 11:33pm On Sep 20, 2021
Op my guy who be your supplier?
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by RevolverOcelot(m): 12:20am On Sep 21, 2021
lilvicky68:

Lol
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by Approve92: 12:54am On Sep 21, 2021
Rip to him
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by NOGRUDGES(m): 2:24am On Sep 21, 2021
He just discredited the billions of dollars that has been invested into AI research.

I believe he has limited his own mind, however the last intelligent being existing in the universe engineered the human race based on organic engineering materials.

This same process has been kick started as AI research, intelligent being will be created using suitable materials infused with intelligence, this form of existence will be fit to live in a post Armageddon climate after a full blown nuclear war, after which the earth would not support existence (life) as we know it.

The human race as we know it will eventually come to an end, because it would not survive in the toxic environment which the earth is being degraded into.

Time is infinitely relative while knowledge is absolutely infinite, science, technology and engineering break through has taken the humans this far.
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by NoFucksToGive: 3:09am On Sep 21, 2021
This is the worst article ever posted on nairaland

The OP.is obviously just learning how to use the internet
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by LOVEGINO(m): 3:19am On Sep 21, 2021
streetsoldier1:
The write up isnt for the unlearned, just surprised people claim they dont understand. Cant u just skip instead of exposing your ignorance
they don't know Tech. If no be nairaland and social media, nothing else.

1 Like

Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by ProfGday(m): 3:43am On Sep 21, 2021
Pussy cat... Al fuckupp
Re: SEE What Dead Nigerian Who Won $125 Million Contract Wrote On FB by Phiniter(m): 4:09am On Sep 21, 2021
humongous

(1) (Reply)

Barcanista Receiving It Hot From Twitter / Education Remains Panacea For Poverty Eradication – VP Shettima / Hamas Returns To Northern Gaza, Pays Salaries, Israel Withraws Troops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.