Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Is Marriage For Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage For Me? (26367 Views)

So This Is Marriage? / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

Is Marriage For Me? by zedegit: 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2021
I've been thinking lately cos I am the type of person that loves his space.
I don't like sharing my things; I want my things to be as I kept them.

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I hate being manipulated. I hate the entitlement mentality of some women.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?

NB: I respond well when a lady is good with sooting words and avoids arguments.
I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.

I think the temperament is choleric.

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by yomi007k(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2021

This makes two of us bro.

Welcome to the club... Black Monk Club.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by zedegit: 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
yomi007k:

This makes two of us bro.

Welcome to the club... Black Monk Club.

I'll pass. I actually need help.

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by yomi007k(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
zedegit:

Good luck with that. wink

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
zedegit:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
zedegit:

I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.

I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

They say every man got his type of woman. Do you think there's a woman that can match my temperaments?

I love intimacy too although I'm not the romantic type but I can be generous if money is there.

you will find your type eventually, but in the mean time, enjoy life just the way you are. no need to try to fit with the Joneses and marry even though its clear you are better off by yourself.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
I'm really like that ..marriage is for people that are planning to be frustrated all their life abeg ..
I just want to eat this money and chill out with peace of mind jare ..
Love kuku no dey this naija again

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
zedegit:
1. I've been thinking lately cos I am the type of person that loves his space. I don't like sharing my things; I want my things to be as I kept them.

2. I am sensitive to words and very temperamental. I am like a volcano waiting to erupt anytime.I hate being manipulated. I hate the entitlement mentality of some women.

3. I am an introvert and don't like crowd. I can stay indoors for a month or more as long as I got food, water, a charged phone with subscription. I go out for work and other essential duties.

4. NB: I respond well when a lady is good with sooting words and avoids arguments.
1. In marriage, two become one and so what is yours becomes her's as well. If you are not ready for that, you are not mature for marriage. undecided

2. If you cannot die to your ego and accept that the woman's voice and opinion is of equal importance as yours in the marriage, you are not mature for marriage...not ready. undecided

3. Being an introvert is not a problem but are you ready to be in doors 24/7 with someone probably always there with you? undecided

4. Women are not blow up dolls. They are human beings just like you and so you think of every... consider how finicky you are, a woman can also be that way too. So if you choose to remain selfish and self-centered, then you are not mature for marriage ...not ready. undecided

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by thorpido(m): 10:14pm On Sep 20, 2021
I think the first thing here is to understand that life is not about being self-centered.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
shocked grin Waaaaoww.

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. In marriage, two become one and so what is yours becomes her's as well. If you are not ready for that, you are not mature for marriage. undecided
2. If you cannot die to your ego and accept that the woman's voice and opinion is of equal importance as yours in the marriage, you are not mature for marriage...not ready. undecided
3. Being an introvert is not a problem but are you ready to be in doors 24/7 with someone probably always there with you? undecided
4. Women are not blow up dolls. They are human beings just like you and so you think of every consider how finicky you are, the other can also be that way too. So if you are choose to remain selfish and self-centered, then you are not mature for marriage ...not ready. undecided

are you saying that everyone should get married, regardless of who they are (and/or that only immature people dont get married)?

25 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Abfinest007(m): 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2021
If you can't control yourself take your mind off from marriage. To avoid killing someone's child

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by efficiencie(m): 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2021
zedegit:

No marriage is not for you...you are worse than complicated math problems. By your own admission, you love intimacy but you are not the romantic type, how? How na? If you are not romantic what are you doing with intimacy? By your own admission, you like your space and detest sharing stuff but yet you love intimacy, how bros? How? How can you love intimacy and yet you don't like to share and you want your space? Being intimate with someone requires you to share somethings with that person. Things like your time, your living unit, your bedroom, your secrets, your fears, your fantasies, your ideas and so on. Dude if GOD created the wife you need, she would be a freak of nature that would most likely end in the asylum...If you want a woman you must be ready to change as much as you require her to change. Anything short of this arrangement would result in a taskmaster-slave relationship which will ultimately blow-up in your face!

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by bukatyne(f): 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
efficiencie:

No marriage is not for you...you are worse than complicated math problems. By your own admission, you love intimacy but you are not the romantic type, how? How na? If you are not romantic what are you doing with intimacy? By your own admission, you like your space and detest sharing stuff but yet you love intimacy, how bros? How? How can you love intimacy and yet you don't like to share and you want your space? Being intimate with someone requires you to share somethings with that person. Things like your time, your living unit, your bedroom, your secrets, your fears, your fantasies, your ideas and so on. Dude if GOD created the wife you need, she would be a freak of nature that would most likely end in the asylum...If you want a woman you must be ready to change as much as you require her to change. Anything short of this arrangement would result in a taskmaster-slave relationship which will ultimately blow-up in your face!

@bold:

Hehehehehehehe

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
are you saying that everyone should get married, regardless of who they are (and/or that only immature people dont get married)?
Marriage is most definitely not for everyone. It is a choice and and it is certainly best for those who are mature enough to handle such a relationship and the complexities that go along with it. undecided

The OP wants to get married and so all he needs to do is become mature enough to handle marriage is all. undecided

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is most definitely not for everyone. And it is certainly best for those who are mature enough to handle such a relationship and the complexities that go along with it. undecided

i strongly doubt that maturity makes a difference here. maturity is irrelevant to people who enjoy being on their own. maturity is irrelevant to people who dont want to share everything with a woman. ymaturity is irrelevant to a person who does not want family/kids.

also, in this day and age where you can have the perks of having the milk and not buy the cow, why would anyone get married? you can just get babes, do what you need to do with them, and when its time, thank them and tell them to go home. no big deal!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

1. i strongly doubt that maturity makes a difference here. maturity is irrelevant to people who enjoy being on their own. maturity is irrelevant to people who dont want to share everything with a woman. ymaturity is irrelevant to a person who does not want family/kids.

also, in this day and age where you can have the perks of having the milk and not buy the cow, why would anyone get married? you can just get babes, do what you need to do with them, and when its time, thank them and tell them to go home. no big deal!
1. Why do you think that, for a person who wants to transition from being alone to being in marriage relationship, maturity is irrelevant? undecided

2. Marriage is a choice and the Op seems to be considering that very choice and how to make it happen for himself. undecided

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Why do you think that, for a person who wants to transition from being alone to being in marriage relationship, maturity is irrelevant? undecided

2. Marriage is a choice and the Op seems to be considering that very choice and how to make it happen for himself. undecided

with the character of the OP, marriage aint for him, and there is nothing wrong with that. why would you want him to transition from who he is to who he isnt (in order to fit into your marriage box)?. thats who he is, let anyone who come into his life understand and accept that.

there is nothing wrong with a man who doesnt want/need to get married.

17 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

1. with the character of the OP, marriage aint for him, and there is nothing wrong with that. why would you want him to transition from who he is to who he isnt (in order to fit into your marriage box)?. thats who he is, let anyone who come into his life understand and accept that.

2. there is nothing wrong with a man who doesnt want/need to get married.
1. A marriage, friendship, and even family relationships rrequire that a transition be made from a wholly self-centered way of life to a one that accommodates at least another, both for establishment, and continued exitence of the relationship. undecided

I am not making any requirements on the OP, simply explaining to him that if a relationship with another human being is what he desires - not with a blowup doll or prostitute - then he needs to reevaluate his current lifestyle and make the necessary changes. undecided

His life style choices do not define who he is as an individual ... they are choices and choices can be unmade. undecided

2. There is indeed nothing wrong with not wanting to get married but here we have the OP wanting to and looking for how to make that happen given his current way of life and attitude. undecided

26 Likes

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 20, 2021
You honestly don't have to marry if you are inclined not to. It's not for everyone and it is not a guarantee for happiness and fulfillment in life.
Also do not cave to societal pressures in this matter. Live and enjoy your life.

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Vision101(m): 11:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
If the op must get married he needs:

Someone who is not exactly like him. If the person is exactly like him, they will all drive towards one direction.

If the person is too far from his nature there will be so much problem as the character traits will not align.

The person has to be middle of his nature and his opposite so that the character traits can balance.

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Op,you just be like me finish.....

Well, there's no other sweet enjoyment like being on your own and the same not expecting love from no one else apart from God's love and your self-love...

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Richy4(m): 6:56am On Sep 21, 2021

There are some one out there for you buddy..all u have to do is communicate with her during courtship your likes and dislikes without pretense..

as for home management, all u have to do is get enough rooms say 2 bedrooms that have a connecting doors to each room.. one for you and one for your spouse.. anytime u want to meet, u go to her room or she come to yours so that she won't disturb your carefully planned life cheesy

As for having kids, I don't know how you will do or manage that considering your temperament.. Those bundle of joy sure knows how to bring out the best in every parent grin

Since you're an introvert, u also have to get a room known as your 'safe haven' oyibo call it study room ..(but it was all lies, they are not studying anything there it's a place to run into to avoid certain things.). they will tell their kids from onset that whenever daddy is there, no disturbance, no entry.. grin.. Carefully planned life requires money bro..

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by AutoChick4U(f): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2021
yomi007k:

Good luck with that. wink
Ella koko buhhhaaaaaahhhhaaaaha. Welcome to d club in d mud

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by AutoChick4U(f): 8:39am On Sep 21, 2021
zedegit:

marriage is not for you unless you willing to be more accommodating
Re: Is Marriage For Me? by yomi007k(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Ella koko buhhhaaaaaahhhhaaaaha. Welcome to d club in d mud

Aunty wey mumu. grin

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by faithfull18(f): 10:22am On Sep 21, 2021
Hmmn, there are females like this oh.

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Rubbiish(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

with the character of the OP, marriage aint for him, and there is nothing wrong with that. why would you want him to transition from who he is to who he isnt (in order to fit into your marriage box)?. thats who he is, let anyone who come into his life understand and accept that.

there is nothing wrong with a man who doesnt want/need to get married.
Thank u for the bold!

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by AutoChick4U(f): 11:30am On Sep 21, 2021
yomi007k:

Aunty wey mumu. grin
Uncle wey Sabi wehdone. Solidariy in d mud

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2021
Your dislike for sharing and your volcanic temperament are your major issues. You need to work on these before going into any marriage, otherwise you would just be punishing your spouse. If you cannot change, please remain single.

Re: Is Marriage For Me? by Klass99(f): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2021

Help: My Younger Brother Disrespects Me Alot / The Many Struggles Of Nigerian Men / Husband Okays Wife, Son’s intimate Act In Suleja

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58