Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! (3268 Views)

They Are Frustrated With Life / URGENT: Pls On My Mlm Script / Chemistry! Help A Brother To Solve These Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Bigman101: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2021
Pls a friend need suggestions from you all ( wonderful people)
i think this is the right place to bring this up..

I have a close friend and He wants to start learning web design and programming, but the problem is this.. How to stay motivated and also how to stay awake at nights in order to learn..(pls note he wants to learn through YouTube' videos and ebooks on programming).. this my friend says that at times when he start (11pm) b4 you know it he is sleeping ,waking up by 4 or 5 am...Despite taking energy drinks like ( fearless or predator) he will still sleep... this got him frustrated and I can't advise him. so I said to him that I'll bring it up here, coz definitely there will a solution here!!!

Pls moderators help push this to front page for wider views and response
mukina2

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Capslock01: 4:43am On Sep 21, 2021
Bigman101:
Pls a friend need suggestions from you all ( wonderful people)
i think this is the right place to bring this up..

I have a close friend and He wants to start learning web design and programming, but the problem is this.. How to stay motivated and also how to stay awake at nights in order to learn..(pls note he wants to learn through YouTube' videos and ebooks on programming).. this my friend says that at times when he start (11pm) b4 you know it he is sleeping ,waking up by 4 or 5 am...Despite taking energy drinks like ( fearless or predator) he will still sleep... this got him frustrated and I can't advise him. so I said to him that I'll bring it up here, coz definitely there will a solution here!!!

Pls moderators help push this to front page for wider views and response
mukina2

Print this and give it to your friend. Lol.

"It's not how less he sleeps but what he does when he's awake"

That consistent 1 to 3 hours is enough to get him on track!

3 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by professorval1(m): 5:54am On Sep 21, 2021
Does your friend feel good/excited about coding?

Probably not; and that is why he gets bored and falls asleep.

Energy drinks don’t work like that; if you take one and lie on a bed and close your eyes, you’ll most probably fall alseep.

Have him try different approaches, like learning during the day, or standing at night etc

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Bigman101: 6:49am On Sep 21, 2021
professorval1:
Does your friend feel good/excited about coding?

Probably not; and that is why he gets bored and falls asleep.

Energy drinks don’t work like that; if you take one and lie on a bed and close your eyes, you’ll most probably fall alseep.

Have him try different approaches, like learning during the day, or standing at night etc

He goes to work during the day

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Bigman101: 6:50am On Sep 21, 2021
Capslock01:

Print this and give it to your friend. Lol.

"It's not how less he sleeps but what he does when he's awake"

That consistent 1 to 3 hours is enough to get him on track!

Even the 1 to 3 hours he can't stay and that's the problem

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by prowriterss: 7:06am On Sep 21, 2021
He should try waking up early and learn...... at least the pressure to sleep would be gone

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Sheriman(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2021
Does your friend like solving or tackling problems? Because that is what coding is. You have to be consistent, serious about it and dedicate much time to reading and practicing practicing and practicing writing hundreds lines of codes on your PC before you can know and fully understand how the basics of the language works and become good at it.
Writing codes is something you have to fall in love with no matter how you encounter difficulty on your journey. It is a long life learning sojourn even if you're very good at it. You keep learning new framework, tools and new technology.
Did you know Google has introduce Open GL, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence to enhance the development of Android Application? These are another new tools and framework. The introduction of these new technologies will help developers to develop new greater Android Applications with advance functionalities that will solve human related problem in this kind of technological age we are living.
So my friend I really understand that you're new to sitting for hours and writing codes on your PC please!! don't be a lazy developer cos you will not achieve anything if you're lazy. Programmers are problems solvers so you have to subjected yourself to challenge which will make you to learn more.
I code for 12 hours a day.
I'm an Android developer though still learning the basics and synthex of the language. I want to fully understand everything about all the basics. Am not in rush to go to Android Studio for now. Am currently using Intellij Idea to practice. I love to write in Kotlin because you don't have to write bunch of lines of codes before giving you what you want unlike in Java where you need to writes 50 lines of codes of the same thing. It is a language that makes developers more happier.
My friend if you really want to become good at anything you just have to sit up and buckle up your bet.
Happy coding!!

4 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by SirLakes: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2021
Start doing 1hour daily without the energy drink. Familiarize yourself with some programming n web dev concepts, If it's something you enjoy, as time goes on you won't know you've spent 5 hours and you'll still be hungry for more. Enjoy grin

2 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Bigman101: 7:48am On Sep 21, 2021
Sheriman:
Does your friend like solving or tackling problems? Because that is what coding is. You have to be serious about it and dedicate much time to reading and practicing practicing and practicing writing hundreds lines of codes on your PC before you can know and fully understand how the basics language framework and become good at it.
Writing codes is something you have to fall in love with no matter how you encounter difficulty on your journey. It is a long life learning sojourn even if you're very good at it. You keep learning new framework, tools and new technology.
Did you know Google has introduce Open GL, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence to enhance the development of Android Application? These are another new tools and framework. The introduction of these new technologies will help developers to develop new greater Android Applications with advance functionalities that will solve human related problem in this kind of technological age we are living.
So my friend I really understand that you're new to sitting for hours and writing codes on your PC please!! don't be a lazy developer cos you will not achieve anything if you're lazy. Programmers are problems solvers so you have to subjected yourself to challenge which will make you to learn more.
I'm an Android developer though still learning the basics and synthex of the language. I want to fully understand everything about all the basics. Am not in rush to go to Android Studio for now. Am currently using Intellij Idea to practice. I love to write in Kotlin because you don't have to write bunch of lines of codes before giving you what you want unlike in Java where you need to writes 50 lines of codes of the same thing. It is a language that makes developers more happier.
My friend if you really want to become good at anything you just have to sit up and buckle up your bet.
Happy coding!!

You too much bro

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Bigman101: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2021
prowriterss:
He should try waking up early and learn...... at least the pressure to sleep would be gone

Maybe this will help

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by teewhydope(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sheriman:
Does your friend like solving or tackling problems? Because that is what coding is. You have to be consistent, serious about it and dedicate much time to reading and practicing practicing and practicing writing hundreds lines of codes on your PC before you can know and fully understand how the basics of the language works and become good at it.
Happy coding!!
Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by Sheriman(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2021
teewhydope:

It's better to rush yourself because things changes so fast in android development. you wouldn't want to re-learn most stuff again. kotlin is very easy and you can learn it in just a week, provided you understand general programming concept. Android studio is the same as Intellij tho
You mean a person can learn Kotlin in a week and understand all the topics. Hmmm, I doubt it, even a year you are still learning and you keep learning plus enough practicing practicing and practicing except you want to become a quack developer who will be doing copy and paste of other people's codes
Re: Urgent!!! Pls Help A Frustrated Friend!! by teewhydope(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
Sheriman:

You mean a person can learn Kotlin in a week and understand all the topics. Hmmm, I doubt it, even a year you are still learning and you keep learning plus enough practicing practicing and practicing except you want to become a quack developer who will be doing copy and paste of other people's codes

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Devlop An Android App With PHP / New And Hot: Lithium Battery Level Indicator With Arduino And LCD / Help:-microcontroller And C Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.