Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! (1645 Views)

Nlanders, Is First Class Still Possible / Nlanders / Pls Nlanders I Need Suggestions On How To Obtain My Transcript (student Copy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by born2loveee(f): 4:53am On Sep 21, 2021
Hello nlanders, I school in a federal university in Nigeria and honestly I'm not impressed with my academic results. Truly the saying show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are is playing out in my life right now, my friends are those who are not academic agile , the type that says 'school is scam' or any type of results you get is not important in a country like Nigeria. And frankly , I know I've joined their bandwagon and I've lost most interest in schooling.

The problem here is that this set of my friends always have a guy or family member around helping them out financially while I don't. In fact, I'm the first born of my family and I suppose to set the pace for my younger ones plus I'm not interested in following guys to live off them.

I've always have big dreams of making both myself and my family proud and being as independent as I can even as a lady and I can't afford to have my academic dreams crushed because of friends that do not care or probably find a guy later to foot their bills.

I have a GP of 3.8 and 3.21( licensed to more correction cause I don't know how to calculate it) in my first and second year respectively

Can I at least make a second class upper if I change my academic habits

NB: I'm saying most things mildly, it's pretty serious.
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by anthonyuncle(m): 5:20am On Sep 21, 2021
1. change your friends. start moving with those that have value for education. those that read like they will die if they don't get 1st class.

2. know the basics about your course of study. if it involves practicals - know them very well.
if it involves field works - get involved.

3. pray (if you believe in a supreme being)

4. be hopeful

5. start getting acquinted with lecturers and people of repute

6. learn a skill.

i can explain my reasons for every suggestion i made

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by born2loveee(f): 5:29am On Sep 21, 2021
anthonyuncle:
1. change your friends. start moving with those that have value for education. those that read like they will die if they don't get 1st class.

2. know the basics about your course of study. if it involves practicals - know them very well.
if it involves field works - get involved.

3. pray (if you believe in a supreme being)

4. be hopeful

5. start getting acquinted with lecturers and people of repute

6. learn a skill.

i can explain my reasons for every suggestion i made

Honestly, I'm scared of leaving my friends and if I try to make new friends now , I don't know if they'll stay. But it doesn't matter because they won't be there with me when I show my parents my results. �

I already have a skill tho I'm yet to be perfect at it.

But can I still make a good result?
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by anthonyuncle(m): 5:32am On Sep 21, 2021
born2loveee:

Honestly, I'm scared of leaving my friends...

between your friends and a bright future, choose one

7 Likes

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:45am On Sep 21, 2021
If you want to achieve a 2.1 GP and above, just make sure you cut ties with friends that aren't serious, you are still in 200 level and you still have time to upgrade your GP.

Just make sure you move around with serious course mates of yours, especially the toppers, study with them, if you spend your time on frivolities, stop it and allocate more time to your studies, avoid other activities that consume your time like partying and others.
revise for longer even before you get your exam timetable, after studying make sure you take self-test and in class follow what is going on with utmost concentration.

Check the areas you are underperforming and improve on it, make sure that you analyse your weak areas and allot more time to them.
Make sure you revise for longer even before you get your exam timetable and lastly take care of your health, without good health, there's no way you will be able to study well and it will affect your results.

Just do all these and you would be better.

3 Likes

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by born2loveee(f): 5:50am On Sep 21, 2021
anthonyuncle:

between your friends and a bright future, choose one

Everyone has a story to tell, I was isolated while growing up(friends and everything cancelled for me) and when I meet this people, I guess I felt I have found a group of people who finally understands me.

What am I saying sef , I'll pick my future because I can't jeopardize my chances of furthering my academics outside because of a few friends.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Davash222(m): 5:52am On Sep 21, 2021
Everyone will tell you change your friends...after graduation, na still those friends fit help you.

Your friends are your friends, regardless. Devote time for study. No be every waka you go follow them waka. Use your head. Life na per head.

6 Likes

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by OSDD(m): 6:18am On Sep 21, 2021
Davash222:
Everyone will tell you change your friends...after graduation, na still those friends fit help you.

Your friends are your friends, regardless. Devote time for study. No be every waka you go follow them waka. Use your head. Life na per head.

True talk, he has to change his mindset and set his mind to study hard...

1 Like

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Promzy99: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2021
University frnds are very important ooh. Dont abandone ur frnds but u cn give in more time to studying espescially at nite hours, u will need discipline. Stil, hook up with d brighter students too 4 studys nd gettin latest handouts/information. And finally, don't u eva think ur results cn guarantee u a beta future. Pls study to know, nt just study to pass.
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by dre11(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2021
born2loveee:

Everyone has a story to tell, I was isolated while growing up(friends and everything cancelled for me) and when I meet this people, I guess I felt I have found a group of people who finally understands me.

What am I saying sef , I'll pick my future because I can't jeopardize my chances of furthering my academics outside because of a few friends.

Thanks for the advice.

People telling you to change your circles of friends do have reasons for that

I did change most of my friends when they were affecting my academic, but on the short run after graduation.... It did affect me because some made it through the uncles and big brother, some fell by the way, some went through the backdoor to be someone in life. It was difficult, but at the long run i found comfort that i made the right choice because i was able to toe my own path to success

1 Like

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by infogenius(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2021
born2loveee:

Honestly, I'm scared of leaving my friends and if I try to make new friends now , I don't know if they'll stay. But it doesn't matter because they won't be there with me when I show my parents my results. �

I already have a skill tho I'm yet to be perfect at it.

Friendship is not by force but by choice. You can be sensible to choose friends that adds value to your life and help you move forward. You don't need to leave your friends as it were, you only need to properly define your friendship. You can hang around with them once in a while but you must understand that you need people that will help achieve your dream. They also don't have to "super glue friends" but as i said earlier the relationship with them also is defined.

And if you know that your current friends are negatively impacting you, dear friend you have to move on or get trapped in irrevocable academic failure.

1 Like

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2021
Choose your friends wisely. They either make or mar you.

1 Like

Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by born2loveee(f): 10:23am On Sep 21, 2021
infogenius:

Friendship is not by force but by choice. You can be sensible to choose friends that adds value to your life and help you move forward. You don't need to leave your friends as it were, you only need to properly define your friendship. You can hang around with them once in a while but you must understand that you need people that will help achieve your dream. They also don't have to "super glue friends" but as i said earlier the relationship with them also is defined.

And if you know that your current friends are negatively impacting you, dear friend you have to move on or get trapped in irrevocable academic failure.

This my university friends I've noticed are not good at supporting ones goals . Whenever I come up with an idea or a passion they always find ways to kill it tho they do so jokingly,,, but alas words cut deep especially to a sensitive person like me. I feel like I'm trapped between making a right or wrong decision and it's been bugging me for a long time now

Though I know they can change, I have just about enough will power for myself right now.
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
born2loveee:

I think you are in the best position to answer this question. So, can you?
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Vickho: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
born2loveee:
Hello nlanders, I school in a federal university in Nigeria and honestly I'm not impressed with my academic results. Truly the saying show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are is playing out in my life right now, my friends are those who are not academic agile , the type that says 'school is scam' or any type of results you get is not important in a country like Nigeria. And frankly , I know I've joined their bandwagon and I've lost most interest in schooling.

The problem here is that this set of my friends always have a guy or family member around helping them out financially while I don't. In fact, I'm the first born of my family and I suppose to set the pace for my younger ones plus I'm not interested in following guys to live off them.

I've always have big dreams of making both myself and my family proud and being as independent as I can even as a lady and I can't afford to have my academic dreams crushed because of friends that do not care or probably find a guy later to foot their bills.

I have a GP of 3.8 and 3.21( licensed to more correction cause I don't know how to calculate it) in my first and second year respectively

Can I at least make a second class upper if I change my academic habits

NB: I'm saying most things mildly, it's pretty serious.
y
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by fitlaw(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
Get your Academic Transcript In Hard Copy

You can get your Academic Transcript In Hard Copy both Undergraduate degree and Post Graduate from any institution in Nigeria.

For more information contact the following number: 08030493878, 08098493878. Or you can chat us on WhatsApp: 08030493878.
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Lamanii22(f): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
Cut me some slack! You need to do away with those friends Asap
Re: Nlanders, Please Help Me Out!!! by Lamanii22(f): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
fitlaw:
Get your Academic Transcript In Hard Copy

You can get your Academic Transcript In Hard Copy both Undergraduate degree and Post Graduate from any institution in Nigeria.

For more information contact the following number: 08030493878, 08098493878. Or you can chat us on WhatsApp: 08030493878.

How much

(1) (Reply)

Angry Mob Beat Up Cultist For Kidnapping 100L UNIBEN Student from Campus (VIDEO) / Books for S A T examinations in Nigeria / Olabisi Onabanjo University Cesap Result Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.