Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi (25924 Views)

Police Stray Bullet Kills Man Sending Money Via POS To Wife / EndSARS: Lady Hit By Police Stray Bullet In 2008 Protests In Wheelchair / Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by onthehill: 7:08am On Sep 21, 2021
A pastor of Glorious Gospel Fire Assembly, John Onu, has been killed by police stray bullet at his house in Nkaliki, Abakaliki Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, IgbereTV reports.

The incident happened on Monday morning, September 20, when police protecting a hotel belonging to one Chukwudi Onyibe, a Special Assistant to the Chairman of the Local Government on Internally Generated Revenue, started to shoot sporadically at rioting youths of the area.

Pastor Onu was observing his morning devotion inside his room in a-3 storey building at Hatchery, Nkaliki road when he was hit by police stray bullets while trying to shut his windows following the commotion outside.

The bullet reportedly hit him on the upper side of his chest and pierced through his back.

It was gathered that the Youths of Ebyia Upnuhu village had gone on rampage, burning houses in the area after a native of the village was beaten to death allegedly by men of Ebube Agu security outfit who came to make some arrest in the area.

IgbereTV further gathered that the Council Chairman’s house and that of his Aide, Mr Chukwudi Onyibe were set ablaze in the village.

The rampaging youths also attempted to attack Abakaliki local government headquarters, Nakaliki but were dispersed by the security agents.

Chairman of the local government, Hon. Emmanuel Nwangele confirmed the incident to journalists in Abakaliki.

"I was about to go to the village that night to calm the youths but some people around told me it was late that time; that it was better in the morning. It was after that that I was informed that somebody died and that they are rampaging to the extent that they came to one Bosco Guest House and they were dispersed by the police," he narrated.

"They went back home and set ablaze houses. Swift reaction was that I was called that they also moved to my own house and also set it ablaze, destroying so many things. I said why? Because I don’t know the genesis of the problem. Late in the night, they also went back to that Bosco’s hotel. According to information, they were even trying to come to Abakaliki local government headquarters but security agencies prevented them. Then this morning, they repeated

"The owner of the guest house, Bosco, Chukwudi Onyibe is my SA on IGR. But information reaching me said that they conveyed Ebubeagu people to go and arrest somebody who stole something and on the way to that place, they had a clash with somebody who overtook their vehicle and from there, they had some squabbles and it was led by one soldier from that our village who was posted outside but returned to the village

"It was one of the Ebube Agu boys that they said that had encounter with them and Bosco wasn’t even with them, he was on the steering. This was what I was told, I don’t even know anything about it.” he added.

Speaking to newsmen, the Assistant Police Public Relations Officer of the State Police Command, ASP Philip Levi also confirmed the incident but said everything had been brought under control.

https://igberetvnews.com/1400806/police-stray-bullet-kills-pastor-morning-devotion-ebonyi-photo/

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by DoctorDree(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2021
Heartbreaking......The irresponsibility showed by security agencies and how often they get away with it shows how less the government cares about the citizens.....Well it’s not surprising because in every area that concerns the wellbeing of Nigerians,government has shown they don’t care and they don’t even mind killing citizens in order to stay in power......May the lost souls Rest In Peace.......

The church advert must have been given to one local illiterate though........

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by DropsMic(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2021
Smh

I'm just tired

3 Likes

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by slawormiir: 11:02am On Sep 21, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....

Rest in peace...even for inside house na im bullet go still meet am o
For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by lordkrys(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2021
Really heartbreaking. Trigger happy fellow
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by tayour917i(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2021
RIP pastor.... Police have touched the annointed.

5 Likes

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by BIGGIE121(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2021
Very pathetic
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Mophor: 11:02am On Sep 21, 2021
Damn Niggar!!!!!

So bad

1 Like

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Bornsinner7: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Damn!!!

Even inside your house you're not safe..

1 Like

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Muchmore024: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2021
God is involved
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by ybalogs(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Destiny above everything. He was destined to die that day at that particular time and nothing could have changed that. RIP Pastor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Fr33born(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2021
hmm
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Grace001: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Rip pastor
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Scottz: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
Nigerian police no de everly shoot accurately

1 Like

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by winterlover: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
This is unfair
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by cjudy(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
grin
This Police Again? The same Police Force that said Abba Kyari won’t be extradited because he didn’t commit any crime in the USA soil. They go around harassing young guys and the so called EFCC go around arresting boys who didn’t scam any Nigerian but same Americans and European people. I pity their families, Police work is like a curse in this current country. I’m ashame to part of Nigeria Security System.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
Rip pastor

1 Like

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by iCauseTrouble: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
RIP. cool
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Martialartist88: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
damn...na where all dis our Nigerian police officers dey learn how to shoot sef...SMH

1 Like

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Ruggedniggaone: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
Reform or end police now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2021
Wahala be like bicycles,
Na wao
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by almsofgold: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2021
Dis one wey wear occultic symbol as cloth na Im be pastor? undecided
RIP
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by benuejosh: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2021
This is heartbreaking. The level of rising insecurity in the south east which is caused by the terrorist organization and their sister security outfit which has already been overpowered by the gallant officers of the Nigerian Police Force is still trying to raise its ugly head.

The police in the south east will not just shot indiscriminately as they are well trained personnel who are taught on how to handle their guns and other related arms.

More to this is the fact that it has not been ascertain if the bullet were from the police or rioting Igbos. Yet the OP went straight to blame the Police whereas this youths have been moving with dangerous weapons given to them by ESN which has now been rendered Hopeless. They 'rioting' youths as said in the story have not told us why they were rioting as the Ebube security outfit will also not deliberately hurt any one. They should tell us, was it for sit at home or against sit at home? Or Biafra agitation Or was it another form of causing unrest for the good people in the south east who believe strongly in ONE NIGERIA.

My heart felt sympathy goes to the family. May God console them.

2 Likes

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Lastmankc(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2021
Nigeria police are terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Qualer: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2021
According to his poster, I guess his anointing was 'cancelled'!! undecided
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 21, 2021
LORD HAVE MERCY!!

Nairalanders, I am pleading that u pls come to my rescue. I am hungry and starving without an end in sight. I have not been paid my wages for many months now... Pls, in GOD's name, help me.
3-0-4-6-1-4-4-4-7-1
FirstBank
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by Ogamysamo: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2021
rip
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2021
This is just so bad embarassed

Meanwhile, who makes these sign boards and the owners who don't even proof-read?
I can't even attend a church if you make mistakes on the posters this way, it's obvious you're going to teach me the old time way lol.

Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by superCleanworks(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2021
na wah
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by money121(m): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2021
R.ip
Re: John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi by BKayy: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2021
This is exactly what these dumb black people caged like rats in this British contraption want us to be doing with them. They want us to be complaining forever like them while we know the solution.
The solution is to leave this British experiment. Simple.
Imagine Umahi creating Ebube Atụlụ to team up with the repentant Boko Haram police to waste Igbo lives.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Killer Of Chidimma Christopher Arrested By Police In Anambra / Police Arrest FUTO Security Guard, 1 Other Over Rape Of Minor / Five Pregnant Teenagers Rescued In Aba-Owerri Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.