Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

The Blessings Of Being With Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Blessings Of Being With Jesus (169 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blessings Of Being With Jesus by kpakpandoN(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2021
There are occasional followers of Jesus Christ and there are those who are permanent as well. The occasional followers of Jesus Christ typically opt not to live completely according to the Lords standards, choosing what and when to obey. They choose a life of partial obedience to the word of God. Once, when Jesus was teaching these standards, the Bible says in John 6:66
"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him".

To be with Jesus means to live by His teachings. He once lamented in Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? He said further in John 8:31-32 …If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Two things are clear in Acts 4:13-14: One, if you have been with Jesus indeed, boldness will be your trademark. The Bible says:
“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”
Romans 8:15

When a so-called child of God is living in fear, we must check whether he has been with Jesus indeed. Two, someone who has been with Jesus lives a daily miraculous life. This is another trademark of genuine followers of Jesus Christ as we read in Acts 4:13-14. The Bible says:
“And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.”
Acts 4:14

I have taught in the School of Disciples that what our Master Jesus did, we can do also, and even more, according to His promise. When this happens, we become genuine ambassadors of Christ on earth. As Christ’s ambassadors, we shall bring the whole world to their knees, saying Jesus is Lord. We are light and salt indeed if we choose to be with Jesus, living according to His standards, as written in the Bible. The blessings of being with Jesus include learning from Him and when we do so, we shall find rest for our souls, according to Matthew 11:29. If you are yet to give your life to Christ, make up your mind, not only to come to Jesus today, but also to stay put. Don’t be an occasional or casual follower of Jesus Christ.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Earthly Glory. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/10/2021 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens Thursday October 28, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.