Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri (27539 Views)

War In APC Over Oluremi Tinubu For Senate President / Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Manxman: 2:25am On Aug 25, 2011
@ desola shut up! Ur mouth is oozing who do u think u are? Onye ofenmala?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 25, 2011
Manxman:

@ desola shut up! your mouth is oozing who do u think u are? Onye ofenmala?

It'd make more sense if you actually shut up your mouth. Thanks in advance.

[size=5pt]Children of no home training. Cant blame them. [/size]
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Manxman: 8:20am On Aug 26, 2011
@ desola,as the saying goes: do not reply a FOOL LEST U BECOME LIKE HIM. ANUOFIA!!!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Manxman: 8:21am On Aug 26, 2011
@ desola,as the saying goes: do not reply a FOOL LEST U BECOME LIKE HIM. ANUOFIA!!!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by phemieojelabi: 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
Who cares so long GOD is with u,All height na small-tin.Is OBAMA lineage 4rm US? Go n check d long LIST of recruitment in Force 4rm d North den u will c alot of up country men who has found dia way up Mjr in service.U they dia they watch itsekiri woman...NAIJA i dey hail ooo grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by GermanPoison(m): 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
aljharem3:

ok thanks tpia

but you as a yoruba can u understand itsekiri language
yes i have an itsekiri friend every time dey speak there language i always understand it sounds like yoruba with dialect relating to ijebu language
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by nogragra: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
tpia5:
@ fstranger

shut up you m.oron.

@ topic

she might be part itsekiri but i'd be surprised if she was a full one because they [itsekiri] tend to be rather particular about the names.

meaning they dont give their kids yoruba names as far as i know.

i could be wrong however.

no example of that comes to mind right now.
...and how did that change the great Yoruba people that separate us from Igbo mad dogs with evil lies and divide and rule mentality? Gerrarahere, una time will soon be up. If lies and evil takes a long time to subsist truth will definitely catch up one day.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by MDM2021: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
EgbeNak:
If the Itsekiris are indeed Yorubas in diaspora what the furk are the Urhobos doing allowing this fuckry? These same Itsekiri people opposed the creation of mid-western state from the western region. Send them home please.

Cheers!!

Edos have Bini names thank you cheers.

It was a mistake leaving itsekiri outside the South West. How can you have the Olu of Ilaro in the South West and the Olu of Itsekiri in the South South? Olu is the short form of Oluwa. Oluwa means the Lord. Olu of Itsekiri simply means the Lord over Itsekiri land.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Jidasem: 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
She's a Yoruba woman from Ogun state. All her birth names are Yoruba and so is her ethnicity. Such a dumb thread in retrospect. The article you posted mentioned a handful of popular dignitaries names of different Ethnicity attending an Itsekiri event, many of them Yoruba, Igbo and others, Remi being among the Yoruba guests. Idk how the thread diverted lmao, but as some as said, Itsekiri's are Yoruboid anyways too, so that made the thread extra dumb.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Jidasem: 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
musiwa46:
 Oluremi Odugbesan Ikusebiala from ogun state who later became Oluremi tinubu.

another one from the house of fraud.

I speak itsekiri and I think you people should offer apology to itsekiri people.  I understand Uhrobo and isoko, because uhrobo and isoko are close to each other.  and my childhood  friend were uhrobo and isoko
My classmate were itsekiri too. that how i learn itsekiri, he live just a street away from me as a child. His mother use to speak  itsekiri to him and his  brothers.   that how i learn itsekiri as a child.   he was the captain of my soccer team.
Oluremi Odugbesan Ikusebiala are Yoruba names. She is a Yoruba woman from Ogun state.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by copyrites: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hmmmn
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by delpee(f): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2022
Her maiden name is Ikusebiala which is a Yoruba name. Seems they're Aworis. Her mum may have been Itshekiri since she's Tee Macs cousin.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by BanyXchi: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2022
Itsekiris are Yorubas na

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by GoodLife4live: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
tpia5:

how many yorubas do you think can read that?

i told you the spelling is different and besides, it's a dialect. Even yorubas themselves dont always understand each other's dialects.

the numbering is the same, as has been pointed out on other threads.

i'd assume itsekiri is more related to the lukunmi people in delta-an ancient dialect of yoruba, but the lukunmis arent considered yoruba perse.
Bros itshekiri be confirmed Yoruba... Demndey do oduduwa day self.... Dem get ODUDUWA PEOPLES CONGRESS.... DEY SPEAK BSIMILAR LANGUAGE WITH IJEBU REMO.... AMD HAVE SIMILAR TONATION WITH IJEBU REMO OF YORUBA TRIBE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by copyrites: 6:14am On Dec 09, 2022
BanyXchi:
Itsekiris are Yorubas na

Ndi Itsekiri are yorubas grin grin That's why she has been a Senator from Lagos for over 11 years! grin

Husband is from Osun, wife from Itsekiri grin grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2022
zstranger:
^^

I am not surprised. I have never seen a Yoruba woman that beautiful.

Most Yoruba women look fat and ugly like Tpiah and Jenifa!

Would have taken you seriously if you didn't consider having yam legs as being beautiful. No wonder Hausas call you bums nYAMiris.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by BanyXchi: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2022
copyrites:

Ndi Itsekiri are yorubas grin grin That's why she has been a Senator from Lagos for over 11 years! grin

Husband is from Osun, wife from Itsekiri grin grin
how is it your business nyamiri?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by copyrites: 10:31am On Dec 09, 2022
BanyXchi:
how is it your business nyamiri?

Shurrup grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by yemex04(m): 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2022
kpogede77:
There is very little difference between Itsekiri and Yoruba. A Lagos Yoruba man will understand Itsekiri better than some deep Yoruba like Ikale and Ijebu.If you integrate and differentiate both dialect, you will discover that they have a common origin. For instance, wa=come, wagba=come take, Eko onibaje=Eko ewabaje, Ola=yesterday, Olorun=the owner of heaven, Ajamimogha=I am in my town, mabamije=dont spoil me. Olori=wife of a king, Tsola=shola and so on. There is no Itsekiri man who does not understand Yoruba. So, it doesnt realy matter whether one is a Yoruba or Itsekiri.

Judging from my service year in Ode-Irele, a town in Ondo State where they speak Ikale dialect of yoruba language,I can confidently say Itsekiri language & Ikale dialect.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by RealTalkNoBull: 6:29am On Apr 02, 2023
GoodLife4live:

Bros itshekiri be confirmed Yoruba... Demndey do oduduwa day self.... Dem get ODUDUWA PEOPLES CONGRESS.... DEY SPEAK BSIMILAR LANGUAGE WITH IJEBU REMO.... AMD HAVE SIMILAR TONATION WITH IJEBU REMO OF YORUBA TRIBE

Lagos all the way to Delta are children of Oduduwa. It’s when they started allowing some certain people to cross the River Niger and set up abodes there that wahala started.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu Is Itsekiri by Difrent: 6:43am On Apr 02, 2023
PapaBrowne:

The point Kpogede is making is very valid. In Warri, Yorubas claim to be Itsekiris to enable them get plum oil jobs in Itsekiri enclaves. Currently there is a huge Multi Billion dollar Chevron Gas To Liquid construction project taking place in Escravos. Escravos is an Itsekiri enclave. The project employs almost 10,000 and pays huge salaries. Itsekiris indigenes are given priority for jobs and contracts. It is the normal procedure in most oil producing communities.
Now because Yorubas have similar names with Itsekiris, they claim to be Itsekiris to enable them get jobs on this project. And a huge number of them are working there.

Itsekiris have no need to claim Yoruba. It benefits them nothing. It is Yorubas that benefit from being called Itsekiris.

And the "phoolz" giving out the jobs cant differentiate between a yorubaman and an itsekiri man?
Abeg this your argument no fly..DOA.
except you want us to believe that the people in charge of jobs at escravos are actually stoopid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Ganduje Refuses To Endorse Amaechi / Bianca Ojukwu Graduates From Alfonso El-Sabio University In Spain With M.sc / EFCC Obtains Warrant To Search All Flats In Osborne Towers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.