Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Don't Want To Have Child/children? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Want To Have Child/children? (2562 Views)

Why Don't Nigeria Have Child Soldiers / Give A Name To Your Unborn Child/children. State Reason For The Name If Any. / It Is A Waste Of Time To Divorce A Wife With A Child/children In Igbo Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Want To Have Child/children? by MistaMann: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Some want 6 children, some 3 or 1 others 0.

Are their individuals/couples whom voluntarily don't want ever have child/children especially in Nigeria?

Have you come across any?
Are you one and why the decision?
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2021
Sometimes...
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by ifytrik(m): 11:06am On Sep 21, 2021
MistaMann:

Are their individuals/couples whom voluntarily don't want ever have child/children?

mschewwwwww, mumu question

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by chatinent: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2021
I love my daughter.

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
Having children is a personal choice. There are people who don't want them for reasons known to them.

Personally i want just 2 children... One from me and one that will be adopted. Sweet family of 4

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Iamagoodgirll: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
I haven't come across such couples, if you don't want to have a child who will take Care of your old age.
And I would love to have 3 or 4 kids when I'm married

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
MistaMann:

Are their individuals/couples whom voluntarily don't want ever have child/children?

There are many many couples who chose to marry and have no kids. Ask Google to show some to you. undecided

An example are Carl and Iris Apfel(Carl is dead now) and Iris is 100 years old this year. They got married back in 1948, and have no kids but they lived their lives dreams and goals. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_Apfel
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
I haven't come across such couples, if you don't want to have a child who will take Care of your old age.
Are your children slaves to care for you when you are old? Is that really a good reason for having kids? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by brosom(m): 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
Yeah, in the western world that are many.
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Iamagoodgirll: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are your children slaves to care for you when you are old? Is that really a good reason for having kids? undecided
so my children taking Care of my old age is slave for you?.
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
so my children taking Care of my old age is slave for you?.
It just sounded like you had them for that reason, and if they each decided they wouldn't, you wouldn't probably curse them for just such. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Iamagoodgirll: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It just sounded like you had them for that reason, and if they each decided they wouldn't, you wouldn't probably curse them for just such. undecided
your mind is dirty. We all wants offsprings
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
your mind is dirty. We all wants offsprings
No, we all don't! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Iamagoodgirll: 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, we all don't! undecided
so you don't want offspring
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by zexy2030(m): 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
MistaMann:

Are their individuals/couples whom voluntarily don't want ever have child/children especially in Nigeria?

In the western world. It is acceptable, as most marriages don't involve families, but Africa and tradition believes the purpose of marriage is kids. If she can't bear there will be war.
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
so you don't want offspring
Not everyone wants offspring. We are not all coded the same. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Mixed feelings about it. Since you're not planning to have kids, what are your plans for old age?
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
bepositive11:

Mixed feelings about it. Since you're not planning to have kids, what are your plans for old age?
You ask that as if those who have kids are guaranteed to be cared for in their old age by then. undecided

I plan to walk to my grave. Rather save up to have it all taken care of than be a burden to my children simply on account that I bore them or something of that sort.grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Truvelisback(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
There are people (Nuns and monks) who neither marry nor bear children.

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by siofra(f): 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:

So that's the reason you want to have a child, so they can take of you in old age. Pretty selfish. Don't bother quoting, you'll only try to deny it and I still won't believe you.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Albertone(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Is it a 90 year old lady that will be searching for who to take care of her by herself?
Some aged people are battling with one sickness or the other.Dementia,stroke e.t.c.
Many are even financially handicap to pay for things.

Is it not the children that will make their life easier?
Or am I the one who would leave my parents to be catering for an aged person outside

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Albertone(m): 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
siofra:

So that's the reason you want to have a child, so they can take of you in old age. Pretty selfish. Don't bother quoting, you'll only try to deny it and I still won't believe you.

When I am catering for their needs,I was not selfish.
When I'm now to eat the fruit of my labour,I am regarded as selfish.

The amount my parents used in catering for my siblings and I could be used to start a big business that will generate streams of income in millions.
I should now decide not to take care of them during old age,is that not an automatic curse?

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
Albertone:

Is it a 90 year old lady that will be searching for who to take care of her by herself?
Some aged people are battling with one sickness or the other.Dementia,stroke e.t.c.
Many are even financially handicap to pay for things.

Is it not the children that will make their life easier?
Or am I the one who would leave my parents to be catering for an aged person outside
Why would you wait until you are 90 before you make plans for care in old age? undecided

You make plans while you are young so that when you are old, you rest. Having children as slaves to take care of you when you are old is not a sane enough plan. Choosing to be a burden to your so-called loved ones in your old age is not a plan but a mischievous ans self- centered plan, a wicked one even. undecided

Children will make life easier for you? Do you here yourself? Instead of your making life easier for them. They will make life easier for you, his on top of all the stresses they too have to deal with in life? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
Albertone:
When I am catering for their needs,I was not selfish.
When I'm now to eat the fruit of my labour,I am regarded as selfish.

The amount my parents used in catering for my siblings and I could be used to start a big business that will generate streams of income in millions.
I should now decide not to take care of them during old age,is that not an automatic curse?
Children were not forced on you and you didn't forst ask them before yoi had them- you chose to have them so bearing that responsibility was a choice you made for yourself... stop thinking you did your children some sort of favor by taking care of them when you chose to birth them in the first place. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 4:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You ask that as if those who have kids are guaranteed to be cared for in their old age by then. undecided

I plan to walk to my grave. Rather save up to have it all taken care of than be a burden to my children simply on account that I bore them or something of that sort.grin

In a way, I think nature was made that way. Just like how adults look after babies, those babies grow up to look after old adults. We're born dependent and we grow old to be dependent again

If everyone thought like you, who would look after them? Even if it's not our children, we'll have to depend on someone else's children when we grow old.
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 4:14am On Sep 22, 2021
bepositive11:
In a way, I think nature was made that way. Just like how adults look after babies, those babies grow up to look after old adults. We're born dependent and we grow old to be dependent again

If everyone thought like you, who would look after them? Even if it's not our children, we'll have to depend on someone else's children when we grow old.
Baseless assertions ontop of more baseless assertions never yield facts. undecided

If you look carefully in nature, particularly the animal kingdom, you will find that your statement in bold there is far from the fact of nature. Older animals are on the most part abandoned by their young to care for their own selves in their old years. Abeg visit facts before you continue. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by CandyOps(m): 4:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Baseless assertions ontop of more baseless assertions never yield facts. undecided

If you look carefully in nature, particularly the animal kingdom, you will find that your statement in bold there is far from the fact of nature. Older animals are on the most part abandoned by their young to care for their own selves in their old years. Abeg visit facts before you continue. undecided

She's only capping bro. Don't engage her too long. I've even had this same thoughts years ago

Training kids are a lifelong commitment. I've babysat my cute nephew and bruuuuh, I really don't think it's worth the stress 247 crying even in the middle of the fucking night.

Most parents develop a high BP just immediately after childbearing. I can have a rethink when I'm stupid rich and can afford to have lots of relatives in my house to help with the upbringing. Shit is too stressful abeg.

Besides, we already overpopulated

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 4:50am On Sep 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You should have bolded this Even if it's not our children, we'll have to depend on someone else's children when we grow old.

About your comment, can you imagine abandoning your parents to fend for themselves in old age?

I used the word nature, but that doesn't mean I was referring to all animals. Humans are different. Animals are also different from each other. Some animals feel empathy, some don't
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
bepositive11:
You should have bolded this Even if it's not our children, we'll have to depend on someone else's children when we grow old.

About your comment, can you imagine abandoning your parents to fend for themselves in old age?

I used the word nature, but that doesn't mean I was referring to all animals. Humans are different. Animals are also different from each other. Some animals feel empathy, some don't
You used the word nature because you wanted to present an argument that suggested nature was on your side in this when in fact it is not. undecided

Humans are able to make plans for their own care in old age. Birthing children in order order they take care of you in old age goes against nature and is not right. It is a selfish and wicked form of enslavement. undecided
Rather a person ought to save up for such things so as not to be a burden to their loved ones. If they decide of their own to step in to help, let it be of their own choosing. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
CandyOps:

She's only capping bro. Don't engage her too long. I've even had this same thoughts years ago

Training kids are a lifelong commitment. I've babysat my cute nephew and bruuuuh, I really don't think it's worth the stress 247 crying even in the middle of the fucking night.

Most parents develop a high BP just immediately after childbearing. I can have a rethink when I'm stupid rich and can afford to have lots of relatives in my house to help with the upbringing. Shit is too stressful abeg.

Besides, we already overpopulated
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You used the word nature because you wanted to present an argument that suggested nature was on your side in this when in fact it is not. undecided

Humans are able to make plans for their own care in old age. Birthing children in order order they take care of you in old age goes against nature and is not right. It is a selfish and wicked form of enslavement. undecided
Rather a person ought to save up for such things so as not to be a burden to their loved ones. If they decide of their own to step in to help, let it be of their own choosing. undecided

You don't get my point.

At the end of the day, the younger generation has to take care of the older generation.

Even if you don't have children and you pay for elderly care, someone else's child (e.g. nurse) will be taking care of you in old age

Humans are born dependent, then grow to become independent, then grow old to become dependent again
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
bepositive11:

You don't get my point.
At the end of the day, the younger generation has to take care of the older generation.

Even if you don't have children and you pay for elderly care, someone else's child (e.g. nurse) will be taking care of you in old age

Humans are born dependent, then grow to become independent, then grow old to become dependent again
Wrong! Instead, those younger choose to where others don't choose to. Humans are not more dependent on others than animals are. Stop attempting to make it seem as though old animals cannot benefit from having their young care for them too. The difference is we Humans can choose to care or not care, while animals tend to follow their base programming in these thjngs. undecided

That said, there are enough stories out there , this in every village across Nigeria, of elderly persons who lived alone until the very end. And no, it had nothing to do with irrational ideas you may want to cook up to explain away such cases... it is simply as it is. undecided

If you pay something to take care of you in your old age, then rather than a burden, you are of benefit to the one who chooses to be paid for that work. It is not to be compared in any way or form to your having children so you can have slaves to care for you on your old age. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Stay With My Girlfriend? / University Students,gist Us Your Night Class Experience / My Boyfriend Told Me Morning Instead Of Morning Baby. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.