Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (96383 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by WriterNig: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2021
People Won’t Tell You The Truth Until You Reach Abroad – Nigerian Man (Photos)

A Turkey-based Nigerian man has taken to Twitter to narrate his awful experience in Cyprus before he eventually relocated to Turkey.

The man, identified as @Klaws09 on Twitter, shared this while reacting to a tweet of a lady who warned Nigerians to beware of travelling to “low-budget” European countries out of desperation to leave the country.

He seconded a claim on the fact that ‘abroad is different from obodo oyinbo‘ and narrated that the second he landed in Cyprus, he regretted the decision of leaving Nigeria.

@Klaws09 wrote on twitter;

“People are suffering in Cyprus and our people are trooping in there every day. I see shege there shaa..

Them tell me calm down, calm down I no gree, I wan go abroad by all means. So I went, after my stop over in Istanbul airport then finally landing in Ercan airport Cyprus, na then my eye cleared.

Airport be like warehouse. My guy that came to pick me up started laughing with his friends because he could see my disappointment from the looks on my face, empty land everywhere. You don’t even need any visa to enter Cyprus, just get your O’level documents then you will pay some Turkish airline agent some amount then you’re free to fly (ok to board).

Very expensive country to live in with nothing to show for it, you pay house rents in pounds whereas the country currency is (Turkish lira) TL. No job, bad water wey chop my hair finish. The sun in Cyprus is like hell fire. One day I left my shoe outside for some hours, came back My shoe don melt bro, I cried.

In less then a month I don black finish. I started looking for a way out to turkey been the nearest exit, I shaa got the visa before turkey stopped granting visas to people in Cyprus because once Dey enter Turkey, them no Dey come back. I can’t even wish my worst enemy Cyprus and bad part be say , people won’t even tell you how bad it is until you enter. Them go laugh you say na ”tellth no bo” say you come use your eye see am.

Some people couldn’t last one week in Cyprus, they went back to Nigeria.

The rate of prostitution there now is even alarming , $200 for 2 rounds with abeg ooo.

Lagos island fine pass north Cyprus by far, just say light Dey but apart from that nothing to see in Cyprus just premium suffer".

Yabaleft Online

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by WriterNig: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2021
The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Be warned!

267 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Damscodammy1(m): 11:39am On Sep 21, 2021
E deep

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Facemask(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2021
The Cyprus you are talking about is known as KKTC, also known as Northern Cyprus. Which is far different from the Cyprus we all see on BBC and CNN

I lived in KKTC for about 3yrs. I lived in gazimagusa, very close to EMU. The country is strictly Controlled by turkey and very expensive. Racism is high there, food very expensive, house rent..don't even go there
...some landlord charge in dollars, for 3yrs there I no sleep with woman cuz they were expensive to hire. An our naija girls eyes don tear

I wouldn't advise my enemy to go there.... It is not abroad

614 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Theboy21: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2021
So they mean our daddy flogging us here is bettter than those countries cheesy cheesy

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by EMAXIM(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2021
E shock am!!!

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Jim99: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2021
Who no go, no know..

U.S, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Singapore and maybe France.

Anything outside these places, i no dey count am as country.

And yes Monaco is a sovereign state.

331 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Jackossky(m): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2021
Wahala con be like bicycle

For one, it's an eye opener.

35 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Some countries really rough especially Asian countries except you de run Street or drugs else na die you de.

And most people abroad won't tell you until you arrive and you will be given a laptop or given drugs to retail or transport.

Anyways when going abroad make sure that they person that will recieve you is doing well there if not na die you de

128 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Jim99:
Who no go, no know..

U.S, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Singapore and maybe France.

Anything outside these places, i no dey count am as country.

Not in all cases, they're people in some African or south American countries that are still better than people in some of those countries you mentioned. There are poor people everywhere.

Myanmar, Cambodia and India still de bless people but mostly na street.

A Man who just contested the guber election in anambra State and a big player in the oil industry made his money from Congo

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
Facemask:

I lived in KKTC for about 3yrs. I lived in gazimagusa, very close to EMU. The country is strictly Controlled by turkey and very expensive. Racism is high there, food very expensive, house rent..don't even go there
...some landlord charge in dollars, for 3yrs there I no sleep with woman cuz they were expensive to hire. An our naija girls eyes don tear

You should have slept with the foreign women. Or as they also expensive to “hire”?

That said, all the people I have seen, that willingly and intentionally traveled to North Cyprus are yahoo boys. There are countries you see people going to and you know they are either ignorant, desperate or their intentions are not noble.

I know someone that traveled to Cambodia. undecided

163 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
WriterNig:

Yabaleft Online

Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

Turkey and Cyprus follow for abroad? Citizens from those places wein dey husltle to come UK, USA and Canada. Naija man go dey hustle go there in return.

This life be like 4 legged table wey dey miss 1 leg.

124 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by slawormiir: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Make this guy shut up

Nor be the same Cyprus people for still dey tear everywhere ....

Instead of am to huzzle....he dey lament

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by free2ryhme: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
WriterNig:
People Won’t Tell You The Truth Until You Reach Abroad – Nigerian Man (Photos)

Yabaleft Online
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by sofeo(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ok.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by EmmaLege: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
i swaer
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by BabaIbo: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by tariki4: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
I must japa

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
He's absolutely right

There's one babe who we were school mates together wey dey like form big girl.she reach abroad when day break for her eyes say nobody to form big girl for when them give am Sweeper and mop to dey mop restaurant floor and God help her if she no clean am well.now shame dey catch am to go back to Naija because of all the people wey she don form for

Body dey tell am now.no more forming fake ajebo.paki babe wey dey live for iyabapaja for one rented flat wey no different from face me I slap you too dey form butty for school until all those people wey dey come Naija come sakamaje fools with Naija is a shit country bragging as if they're not in similar if not worse conditions were they are deceive am

Anyway please don't let any I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE STATES Naija person deceive you into looking for greener pastures in the abroad.if you are in Naija doing well for yourself be contented where you are.those Naija students doing 2 to 3 jobs to fund their education abroad body dey tell them not to talk of you wey dey go abroad to find job when Americans are suffering unemployment.

Infact Na from airport your suffer and disrespect go start especially with those with green passport please move this way.if them use 5 to 10 mins search others,you wey be nigerian them go use several minutes to search you and dissect all your belongings because they already think you're a criminal or drug trafficker because you're nigerian or you're carrying a green passport.

Thank God we're in ember month.by December again they'll come and deceive fools with I earn 1 thousand dollars a day and some nigerians who are relatively doing well for themselves in Naija will be stupid enough to sell their houses and car to travel out.one lecturer did it and he ended up being a gateman for a company,them give am uniform to wear.he dey suffer pass abok1 but shame no gree am come home because he has nothing if he comes home.i know of a secondary school principal who did similar thing,she dey pick dirty for Street for a living.principal o wey get master's degree.

There are another set of gullible Nigerians who use sending their children abroad as a status symbol meanwhile they pay through their nose and teeth to sponsor their kids abroad .they borrow money from all sorts of people so they can have the Bragging rights to say Omo mi study ni Oxford University only for the child to finish his degree there and they are telling him to go back home,he too will come and drag employment opportunities with Nigerians in Nigeria because there's nothing for him there

Anyway misery loves company.when Nigerians are suffering abroad,they don't like to suffer alone,they do all the most filthy jobs and then when it's Xmas,come home to form fake big boy to impress people who can be easily fooled.if a Nigerian is actually making good money with little or no stress,they will never invite you.ko possible because he will want to feel like an obi cubana so he can dominate and see people to worship him.you too think of it.why is he trying hard to convince you to come and join him? You think he loves you that much?

159 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by pickatyoubackup: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
Truth.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by pansophist(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
I concur. I've been around alot and see this often. Notable ones are Tbilisi Georgia, and Kazakhstan, many guys there live in hell. I advise some to go home but shame won't let them.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by marttye(f): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Shushoo: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
They have come again

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Windhheck(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Am in a dilemma currently about moving to Canada

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by gamopy: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Cumtroller:
OP is a bastard!!!

Even Turkmenistan is better than Nigeria.

If you see way to Japa abeg Japa.

Nigeria is actually better than some countries we run to

If I can't migrate to grade A country, I move to grade B. Else make i kuku dey my naija

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by KingDash: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
see as e fresh cum here e dey talk rubbish.. any country better pass naija right now.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by GeneralPula: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Efi won si le..

Eje kan lo witness ehh

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by janedonez(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sure,better be there and make it. Thank me later.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Starboytwo(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
Now this is fun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) / American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million?