Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

My Experience Taking Care Of Someone With Schizophrenia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience Taking Care Of Someone With Schizophrenia (1060 Views)

My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine / My First Experience Taking Weed (Kinda Funny Tho) / Eat Fish To Avoid Schizophrenia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Taking Care Of Someone With Schizophrenia by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
Good day guys , i have heard a lot about schizophrenia , i have seen it in a movie titled "a beautiful mind" but i never thought I'd personally know someone with it .. I always knew this guy was absent minded , always making irrational decisions ,always appearing lost but i never knew it was something else entirely until about some days back when he started acting scared always eating once daily , scared ,suspecting everyone around him ... Yesterday ,he was entrusted my care ...it was a hellish experience man .. This guy couldn't sleep , just walking erratically about , how can a normal human being not sleep or close his eyes for close to 40 hours , he was making inaudible words , i had to really read up on schizophrenia to confirm what this friend of mine had , at a point i even started pitying him .. Today , he was taken to his house to see what can be done concerning this illness
because how will a young guy barely in his 20s start behaving strange .... Guys , it's not everyone that you think is normal is actually normal and if you have a friend that has some mental issues , take care of them , don't shout at them , they need all the help they can get.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Taking Care Of Someone With Schizophrenia by nonny1212: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
Yea, Until you have or know someone with mental illness, you will not understand the feeling. They need all the care, honestly.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Taking Care Of Someone With Schizophrenia by blackboy(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
Good friend. But in Nigeria the cases are on the rise both among the young and old. God help us
Re: My Experience Taking Care Of Someone With Schizophrenia by Thugnificent(m): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Lalasticala

(1) (Reply)

American Says Nigerian Doctors Are Paid Like Slaves / Women Health / Doctors Must Not Head Hospitals, Health Workers Tell Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.