Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

The Love Of My Life - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / The Love Of My Life (6019 Views)

Is Three Weeks Enough To Meet The Love Of Your Life And Propose? / Meet the Love of your Life / For The Love Of Single Mum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Love Of My Life by Polyol(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
I met this girl recently, I fell very deep and I'm happy I did. I'm still deeply in love with her. I think she loves me too or maybe she makes me think so. It's a new relationship so no tangible differences spotted just yet.

Bone of contention: Everybody who claimed to have known her is advising me against the relationship. Reason being that her family is not decent enough for my kind of person, yes they know how decent I am, they know marrying her will be my next move once I get comfortable with her as I'm young and ripe for marriage grin. I can't even ask her out if in the first place I had no intention of settling down with her if God wishes. She's young, she seems to me like who I can teach ethics and who's open to learning. She's someone I can control in the right sense. Not someone that will want to practice feminism in my home, she's responsible to me. Our zodiac signs too are perfect match grin

I did some findings on my own about her, she isn't hiding anything from me. Her eldest sis is happily married and happened to be the only married person in her house. Her other elder sis is a chain smoker, she's a young widow with a little baby to nurse too and she stays in their family house as her. Her elder brother who should be my age mate does menial jobs like being a labourer in building sites and she complains about him not getting a steady job to me everyday and how he roams about the street and I talked her out of it, the young man is trying, just that he's not as privileged as myself and possibly facing depression and all of that.

From every indication, this girl isn't okay with her family reputations herself, not like I'm happy about my own family's too just that I've been lucky with how we were able to conceal it in our own little way. I love this girl and I'm very much interested in helping her, she isn't in school yet and it seems she won't be anytime soon as her dad is just like mine who doesn't see value in a girl's child education. She wants to learn tailoring and I've told her I'll support her as much as I can. The downside to this is that she's a grownup girl from a less caring family, she needs to earn money for her upkeep and I'll rather she learns tailoring to secure a future for her. I pray God strengthens me.

I was raised by a single parent cos of divorce as against a lucky her whose dad and mum still live together for many years now. I appreciate her family for that single act of a complete family regardless of what her siblings do with their lives.

In a bid to know this girl better is me wanting to confront her with all these stories I hear about her family and hear her own honest part of the story and conclude concretely if she's who I see her to be. I don't think this will be a wrong move, it's just proper I know who I'm fvcking with.

What do you think? Do you think I should just let her go right now or I shouldn't confront her or maybe just flow with the tide and breakup when I see things I don't want from her? Just your honest opinion.
Re: The Love Of My Life by Jeon(f): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
Polyol:
I met this girl recently, I fell very deep and I'm happy I did. I'm still deeply in love with her. I think she loves me too or maybe she makes me think so. It's a new relationship so no tangible differences spotted just yet.

Bone of contention: Everybody who claimed to have known her is advising me against the relationship. Reason being that her family is not decent enough for my kind of person, yes they know how decent I am, they know marrying her will be my next move once I get comfortable with her as I'm young and ripe for marriage grin. I can't even ask her out if in the first place I had no intention of settling down with her if God wishes. She's young, she seems to me like who I can teach ethics and who's open to learning. She's someone I can control in the right sense. Not someone that will want to practice feminism in my home, she's responsible to me. Our zodiac signs too are perfect match grin

I did some findings on my own about her, she isn't hiding anything from me. Her eldest sis is happily married and happened to be the only married person in her house. Her other elder sis is a chain smoker, she's a young widow with a little baby to nurse too and she stays in their family house as her. Her elder brother who should be my age mate does menial jobs like being a labourer in building sites and she complains about him not getting a steady job to me everyday and how he roams about the street and I talked her out of it, the young man is trying, just that he's not as privileged as myself and possibly facing depression and all of that.

From every indication, this girl isn't okay with her family reputations herself, not like I'm happy about my own family's too just that I've been lucky with how we were able to conceal it in our own little way. I love this girl and I'm very much interested in helping her, she isn't in school yet and it seems she won't be anytime soon as her dad is just like mine who doesn't see value in a girl's child education. She wants to learn tailoring and I've told her I'll support her as much as I can. The downside to this is that she's a grownup girl from a less caring family, she needs to earn money for her upkeep and I'll rather she learns tailoring to secure a future for her. I pray God strengthens me.

I was raised by a single parent cos of divorce as against a lucky her whose dad and mum still live together for many years now. I appreciate her family for that single act of a complete family regardless of what her siblings do with their lives.

In a bid to know this girl better is me wanting to confront her with all these stories I hear about her family and hear her own honest part of the story and conclude concretely if she's who I see her to be. I don't think this will be a wrong move, it's just proper I know who I'm fvcking with.

What do you think? Do you think I should just let her go right now or I shouldn't confront her or maybe just flow with the tide and breakup when I see things I don't want from her? Just your honest opinion.
Love her more.

Re: The Love Of My Life by chukwuibuipob: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
Re: The Love Of My Life by chatinent: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
Eh hen?

Bone of contention: Everybody who claimed to have known her is advising me against the relationship.
Let's hear their reasons.

Reason being that her family is not decent enough for my kind of person, yes they know how decent I am, they know marrying her will be my next move once I get comfortable with her as I'm young and ripe for marriage grin. I can't even ask her out if in the first place I had no intention of settling down with her if God wishes. She's young, she seems to me like who I can teach ethics and who's open to learning. She's someone I can control in the right sense. Not someone that will want to practice feminism in my home, she's responsible to me.

Permit me to quote another part of your write-up:
“..not like I'm happy about my own family's too.”

You see, bro, I have reached a point in my life where what people say about others don't really have to matter that much. A lot of people hardly endeavour to see anything good in others. They wouldn't also mind castigating your family to others...so why should theirs count?

Tips: if you have found sb good, stop looking for sb better.

I did some findings on my own about her, she isn't hiding anything from me. Her eldest sis is happily married and happened to be the only married person in her house.
It is nice she isn't hiding anything from you. It is the truthfulness for me.

Las Las, nobody is perfect in this world. We all have our ugly sides.

Her eldest sis is happily married and happened to be the only married person in her house.
One good.
Her other elder sis is a chain smoker, she's a young widow with a little baby to nurse too and she stays in their family house as her.
So sad. I think she is frustrated.

Her elder brother who should be my age mate does menial jobs like being a labourer in building sites and she complains about him not getting a steady job to me everyday and how he roams about the street and I talked her out of it, the young man is trying, just that he's not as privileged as myself and possibly facing depression and all of that
I appreciate you for recognising the elder bro is striving hard. It isn't beans in this worlds anymore. I respect you for this.

From every indication, this girl isn't okay with her family reputations herself, not like I'm happy about my own family's too just that I've been lucky with how we were able to conceal it in our own little way. I love this girl and I'm very much interested in helping her,

I know you love her. The hand writing on the wall isn't written in Spanish.

Our zodiac signs too are perfect match
Stop sugar-coating your bond with diabolism.

she isn't in school yet and it seems she won't be anytime soon as her dad is just like mine who doesn't see value in a girl's child education
We have many stupid fathers in our time who don't want to man their responsibilities. They live hoping that miraculously their children will become very wealthy one day.

They let their children suffer.

We will never be like them.

On the other hand, I so so strongly advise that it is only a wife that should be sponsored in school. Details for another day.

She wants to learn tailoring and I've told her I'll support her as much as I can. The downside to this is that she's a grownup girl from a less caring family, she needs to earn money for her upkeep and I'll rather she learns tailoring to secure a future for her. I pray God strengthens me.
I honestly won't lie to you what I wouldn't do. If I were in your shoes, I will marry her then verily invest in her...after all, she is my wife now. I no dey like too waste advice on girlfriend-boyfriend things to avoid premium tears.

I am glad of the man you became.

Sorry, which stories? You only listed two handicaps of a sister of hers there.

Well, it isn't bad you verify from her. Also try as much as possible to avoid listening to rumour and gossips. Some people are hellbent on destroying prospective marriages. And I am sure you know how politely and caring to sound while asking those questions... remember your own family aren't A1.

Action Plan:
• If you both are medically, spiritually, and phisically compatible. You should make preparations on walking down the aisle.
• you can then set up sth for her...and maybe, sponsor her education...as a wife.
• if you can, I mean, if you can, you can give the brother sth to start up a business (this way, you don't have to be sending her family money routinely).

I am very interested in coming to eat rice on the D-day.

You are welcome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Love Of My Life by maiiilooo(m): 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
Guy just marry her.u have buhari's blessing. Asfar u are sure that u can change her even if u find her faulty...omo nobody perfect ooo

1 Like

Re: The Love Of My Life by Polyol(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
maiiilooo:
Guy just marry her.u have buhari's blessing. Asfar u are sure that u can change her even if u find her faulty...omo nobody perfect ooo

True. But I no know wetin Buhari dey find up there o.

I'm not even perfect too, e sure me say she fit dump my ass if she see my own skeletons too. I just want know if e dey proper to ask her about everything.
Re: The Love Of My Life by chatinent: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Polyol:

I'm not even perfect too, e sure me say she fit dump my ass if she see my own skeletons too. I just want know if e dey proper to ask her about everything.

No mind am. Person go just smoke slippers come online dey yarn okoto.

By the way, let me invite the mods to take it to fp: lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominque

1 Like

Re: The Love Of My Life by Polyol(m): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
chatinent:

No mind am. Person go just smoke slippers come online dey yarn okoto.

By the way, let me invite the mods to take it to fp: lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominque

You did justice to it up there already. I love my woman and thanks for the advises. You gave me more reasons to love her harder. She'll be glad you saw my post if she knows about it. Thanks on her behalf too.
Re: The Love Of My Life by chatinent: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
Polyol:

You did justice to it up there already. I love my woman and thanks for the advises. You gave me more reasons to love her harder. She'll be glad you saw my post if she knows about it. Thanks on her behalf too.

You are welcome.

I still want chop rice that day.
Re: The Love Of My Life by maiiilooo(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2021
Polyol:

forget the name buhari..
you can ask her,i think its okay but just make sure u tell her yours too...so u can be sure if u guys are compatible

(1) (Reply)

Kane / Hook Up On Whatsap For Mature And Serious Singles Ladies And Guys Only / W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.