Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury (14405 Views)

Copa America: Neymar Cries, Leaves Brazil Training With Knee Injury (Photos) / TEAM NEWS! Neymar Returns To Paris For PSG Clash Against Man United / Obafemi Martins Shows Off The Interior Of His House As He Nurses Knee Injury(pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 7:35am On Sep 22, 2021
othermen:
I think most people fail to realize that Ronaldo is an athlete that has configured his body and game to adapt to aging.

Bolt is the greatest track athlete ever, but at his current age, he won’t even qualify for the olympics 100m finals. Same as Messi, he is past his prime.

No great player at either player age played elite football.

In football, as you age your performance declines. Ronaldo’s performance began to decline over a decade ago, but he was able to channel all he was to what matters most in the game, scoring goals.

At Ronaldo’s current age- Zidane, Xavi, Maradona, Pele were all spent. Some had retired entirely. Zlatan came out of retiring in a sub optimal league to return to Europe.

And unless Messi can adapt his body and his age to the game, he would definitely struggle as he is now. He would still score goals, but not in the most important games, facing defenders at their prime. Mbappe is not willing to sacrifice the highlights of his career for Messi. Many great players have faded away without reaching the height they can attain- just because they played a subordinate to Messi or Ronaldo. Benzema is a case .

The last time Messi was in a champions league final is 2014-2015. He has been a great player all years, but getting their requires more.

It is likely, his contribution to PSG would be just like his contribution to the Argentina National Team. Great, but not as illustrious as he was in his prime.

I think most people here should watch Futsal, if you are so thrilled about dribbling. The best dribbler with the ball is not even a professional player. There is more to football than dribbling and In the game of football, what counts is the goal scored or the assist made. Xavi and Iniesta are football geniuses, but no one considers them in their top players of all time. Mbappe and Neymar don’t want to end up like that. The PSG team would not be built around Messi and that will be his greatest challenge.

Anyone that does not understand and comprehend what u hv posted is a pure dummy

9 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 7:37am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
A lot of players have banged in goals at that age.

Ibrahimovic, Immobile

All it takes is for a good player to be at a top team.

What I would really like to see is Ronaldo at 36 bang in goals for West ham or Coventry city.

U dull goorrr....no b small

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 7:38am On Sep 22, 2021
olayiwola72:

Lol this guy na weyre … he said football is all about goals

So whatvis it all about if not goals??

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2021
imam07:
nah people like you have said Ronaldo is finished. Goals in soccer is what matters. Forget dribbling. Despite Okocha dribbles,he was not even awarded African best. Oyibo people don't need your dribbles but goals . And that is what cr7 is currently doing. This is what makes him different and better than Messi at d moment. Ronaldo scored goals and u all singing tap in goals. When his goals was was displayed on score board or livescore,was it tag as tap in goals? He is 36 yrs for God sake. You want him to be running 100 metres at a goal d way he did in Man U and R.madrid.
Appreciate a player that score goals when u see one.
Messi scores goals (most of which he single-handedly does), provides entertainment by dribbling, makes key passes and assists.

You don't rate an attacker only by goals, you have to include assists made, whether those assists resulted to goals or not. If you compare Ronaldo with Messi based on that, then the former is nowhere near the latter.

One is a more complete and team-driven player than the other, and we both know who that is.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 7:39am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
A finished player just became Copa America winner, Copa America top scorer, Copa America top assist man and will 99 percent likely win Ballon dor 2021 and FiFa best 2021.

I swear even Ronaldo would love to be such a finished player.

Copa America that is even below female world cup in ranking grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by phr0nesis(m): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

Why didn't “Mr. prove himself in
different leagues” go to smaller clubs
and score those goals? From Man
United, he went to RMA filled with
world class players. Why wouldn't it
be easy when the team played for
him?

From RMA, he went to Juventus who
were dominating their league
consecutively for years. You wouldn't
expect him not to get goals na.
Now he's back again at United, and
you're saying he has proven himself.

He has been surrounded by good
players over the years, so don't tell
me anything about proving himself
and single-handedly doing so.
The small clubs you guys keep mentioning can't afford him. They don't even submit bids. How can he play for them when they can't sign him?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

him?

Y are u guys this dull.....smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Tohsynetita1: 7:42am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:
4 BIG clubs oga, 4 BIG clubs.
So, Messi is not supported by versed players?

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by SonyaSpence: 7:42am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

him?

When the Mancity move news got out, y'all said he was going to an easy team where he would find everything easy, ya'all said why didn't he go to Man Utd? Now to your utmost surprise and 'painment' he moved to Man Utd and has started doing his thing, as usual, you're bringing the lame argument again. All I can see in your story is pain and hate. When you're good you're good. Ronaldo has proved over the years that he is good. Nothing can change that.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2021
phr0nesis:

The small clubs you guys keep mentioning can't afford him. They don't even submit bids. How can he play for them when they can't sign him?
It still doesn't make a difference when you've played with stars all your career. He always has people supporting him. If Ronaldo stops scoring, he can't guarantee you anything. If Messi stops scoring, he will guarantee you assists and that's what makes a complete attacker.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2021
Tohsynetita1:

So, Messi is not supported by versed players?
Go watch Messi's goals, most of them were borne out of individual brilliance. He also creates supports for other players in the form of assists.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by phr0nesis(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

It still doesn't make a difference when you've played with stars all your career. He always has people supporting him. If Ronaldo stops scoring, he can't guarantee you anything. If Messi stops scoring, he will guarantee you assists and that's what makes a complete attacker.
That's why he keeps scoring, I'm sure he'll retire when he stops scoring

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by frankson1(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
MadamVanessa:

The way and manner penaldo fans reason makes me to wonder if they're humans or animals.

Messi is anything Ronaldo will wish to be, but sadly he can't. Not now, not even in the next life, and you people obviously know this, reason you Penaldo fans, penaldo family and even Penaldo himself are so insecured.

As a girl i am, i am not too obsessed about football, but i have watched the two guys played on several occasions. I am telling you this from the depth of my heart, mentioning Ronaldo in the same sentence with Messi, is an insult to Messi. Tell me, apart from running in thr box and tapping in , what else can that fraud offer? But Messi on a very bad day without goals, he will assist, without assist, he will give nice passes, without nice passes, he will dribble, the list is endless... and some group of blind people called fans, would come and say that one old fraud from Portugal can ever measure up with the greatest of all time from Argentina standard...Lol so impossible.

Ronaldo is a fraud abegi! Uselessss goat.

NO!!! You haven't watched CR7 or maybe you just started watching him play. Go and watch CR7 at Sporting CP or when he started at Man.U or just search for comments Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs made after the first-half of the game between both clubs.
CR7 is aging which he clearly understands. To remain in the game and still perform at highest levels, he had to EVOLVE in his game and this is the reason he's still at the top.

I doubt if you've ever watched him play.

I would have advised you to go watch CR7 way back to understand what changed but you're not obsessed about football.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Drmarveh(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Wether he missed the game or not , he won't still make any impact nor score any goal like the real GOAT CR7

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2021
SonyaSpence:

When the Mancity move news got out, y'all said he was going to an easy team where he would find everything easy, ya'all said why didn't he go to Man Utd? Now to your utmost surprise and 'painment' he moved to Man Utd and has started doing his thing, as usual, you're bringing the lame argument again. All I can see in your story is pain and hate. When you're good you're good. Ronaldo has proved over the years that he is good. Nothing can change that.
Man United comprises of great players as well but not a world class coach like Guardiola, Klopp, TT and the likes, that is the only deficiency that Ronaldo has in that club.

You can't be in a club with Bruno Fernandes, Pogba etc and not get goals. If Ronaldo stops scoring goals, tell me what else he'll contribute to the team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by frankson1(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

How many Champion's league finals or trophies has he lifted after Xavi and Iniesta's era

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2021
phr0nesis:

That's why he keeps scoring, I'm sure he'll retire when he stops scoring
And Messi isn't the one scoring?

Tell me, who would you rather have in your team? A player who only scores goals, or one who scores and assists other players to score?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 7:49am On Sep 22, 2021
frankson1:

How many Champion's league finals or trophies has he lifted after Xavi and Iniesta's era
His name is Lionel Messi, not Barcelona Messi. He has won the Balon d'or since they left, hasn't he? and trust me, he didn't do that just by scoring goals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

Y are u guys this dull.....smh
Oga counter my argument and stop being emotional.

If you're going to rate a player based on goals, don't discredit the players who helped him achieve the larger numbers of those goals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by charixel: 7:56am On Sep 22, 2021
E don start.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

Oga counter my argument and stop being emotional.

If you're going to rate a player based on goals, don't discredit the players who helped him achieve the larger numbers of those goals.

Do u really expect me to argue with u when u definitely showing level of very low IQ.... I no wan stress myself abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by freesoul12: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2021
All dis Ronaldo guarantee goals wey u all dey talk.. I hope ü will all repeat this by the end of the season.. Man u has played Newcastle, Club brugge and Westham this season so far.. Just 4 goals u dey hype.. If you are a type dat play football.. You will know Messi is far more better than Ronaldo.. Na those people wey only sit down for t.v for weekend and watch players wey score dey hype Ronaldo.. E mean say d likes of Haaland and others are better than Messi if ur basis of rating players is through goals.. Messi is d best.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 8:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

grin grin...u are an unserious clown
grin grin

Unserious clown?

Have you ever seen a serious clown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 8:07am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

And Messi isn't the one scoring?

Tell me, who would you rather have in your team? A player who only scores goals, or one who scores and assists other players to score?

So u will take an assist provider over a guaranteed goal scorer grin grin grin grin chai grin grin grin nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Loxville: 8:08am On Sep 22, 2021
Oga u no get sense, Immobile is just 31 years old
ddippset:
A lot of players have banged in goals at that age.

Ibrahimovic, Immobile

All it takes is for a good player to be at a top team.

What I would really like to see is Ronaldo at 36 bang in goals for West ham or Coventry city.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2021
Tohsynetita1:

Can you compare league of once in a 2 years, or once in 4 years with the one they play every year? National team game is not up to 10 matches, but club side is more than 30 matches. Do you see people watch National team ball as much as how they watch club side ball in the world. Even some clubs names outshines country names. How can that be possible? if not too much of the frequency of doing things.
All these one na opata.

Messi left his comfort zone and place of his birth in south america to prove himself in another continent of Europe.

Ronaldo should leave Europe and go to another continent like South america to prove himself. He can play for River plate or Santos and prove he can survive in another continent.

Then I will take him seriously.

It's not by jumping about the biggest clubs in his confort zone of Europe like Man U, Madrid and Juve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by vickydevoka(m): 8:09am On Sep 22, 2021
Natural441:
Omo na man.city PSG one face next,I don dey think another thing ooo
God forbid. Two incompetent club, meeting infinal. Where Bayern dey. Where Chelsea dey. Mancity even better
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 8:09am On Sep 22, 2021
Loxville:
Oga u no get sense, Immobile is just 31 years old
i meant to say Quaglarella.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 8:10am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

Do u really expect me to argue with u when u definitely showing level of very low IQ.... I no wan stress myself abeg
I'm sure you don't even know how IQ's are determined. You think gobbling up unrelated facts signify that you are intelligent? Your comment has just proven that you probably have an average or below par IQ.

If you don't know what to say, then don't say anything rather than trying to belittle others because you think you have a high IQ when you obviously haven't shown any sign that you do.

So if you're ready to say something, let me know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 8:11am On Sep 22, 2021
imam07:
nah people like you have said Ronaldo is finished. Goals in soccer is what matters. Forget dribbling. Despite Okocha dribbles,he was not even awarded African best. Oyibo people don't need your dribbles but goals . And that is what cr7 is currently doing. This is what makes him different and better than Messi at d moment. Ronaldo scored goals and u all singing tap in goals. When his goals was was displayed on score board or livescore,was it tag as tap in goals? He is 36 yrs for God sake. You want him to be running 100 metres at a goal d way he did in Man U and R.madrid.
Appreciate a player that score goals when u see one.
Sure 'goals' is everything in football.

Oya see their career goal stats below.

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

So u will take an assist provider over a guaranteed goal scorer grin grin grin grin chai grin grin grin nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland grin grin grin
No, I would take a goal scorer+ assist provider over one who only scores goals because if the goals don't come, the assists will definitely come. For the other, if the goals don't come, then nothing else will come. Why is your brain failing you, mr. high IQ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 8:15am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

Copa America that is even below female world cup in ranking grin grin grin
But you were abusing him for not winning it before and for losing 3 finals.

So now it's below female world cup

Black man na disease aswear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD UCL FINAL: Juventus Vs Real Madrid 1-4 2017 All Goals & Highlights / Yekini Was Murdered - Says His Lawyer / ATK Secure The Service Of Kalu Uche From Delhi Dynamos In Mega-deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.