Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:31 PM

Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students (23265 Views)

7 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Edo As Army Raids Riverine Communities (Pics) / People Trapped In A Mangrove In Rivers, After Fake Soldiers Opened Fire On Them / 30 Arrested As Army Continues Search For Missing General In Jos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Stephenszego2: 5:38am On Sep 22, 2021
Many students of Plateau State Polytechnic were injured on Monday during their protest over the postponement of the first semester examinations by the school authorities.

The students who trooped out as early as 8:45 am for the peaceful protest blocked the highway leading into the state capital thereby disrupting vehicular movements for close to three hours.

The protest was later hijacked by hoodlums who injured both students and pedestrians, damaged cars and other valuable properties.
A source close to the students revealed that the students staged the demonstration to protest the postponement of the examination scheduled to commence on Monday by the management of the polytechnic over a strike notice issued by the academic staff union of the institution, ASUP.

A student of the polytechnic, Mr Thaddeus Yarnang, said the students perceived the strike notice by the lecturers as uncalled for considering the number of years they had been at the home coupled with the covid-19 pandemic.

“We came to school this morning to start our examinations only to see a circular that our lecturers have been on strike since Friday. We have spent over three years in just one semester owing to COVID-19 lockdown and largely due to the various strikes embarked upon by our lecturers.

“We keep paying for our accommodation, school fees, and other expenses. More so, we are getting old and by the time we graduate, we can’t find jobs because of age,” Yarnang lamented.

“Nobody has come to address us on the issue and we feel this is not right. We demand a proper explanation from the management on why we cannot start our examinations today. We are tired of this back and forth; our academic journey is suffering and this is not good for us,” he decried.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that those who sustained injuries in the course of the protest are receiving treatment at various hospitals within the state capital.

Efforts to reach the Public Relations Officer of the institution, Mr John Ramadan, at the time of filing this report proved abortive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0-7eS4VO9o
https://tribuneonlineng.com/many-injured-as-plateau-state-polytechnic-students-protest-postponement-of-exam/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by AuntRose(f): 5:44am On Sep 22, 2021
Gov. Simon Lalong is effortlessly making his incompetence very glaring for all to see. The students all came out to peacefully protest against the strike being embarked by the school the very day they are to commence exams without any prior notice whatsoever and then the military came shooting carelessly leading to the death of one student.

Hours after denying, the state govt shamelessly confirmed the death of one student. Nothing is right in Simon's government

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Mrjonah(m): 5:45am On Sep 22, 2021
FTC grin grin
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by marvel2011(m): 5:45am On Sep 22, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by PayOnDelivery: 5:46am On Sep 22, 2021
This is serious.

Dispersing protesting students with real guns and bullets (whether blank bullet or live ammo.)?

Our approach to handling protests in this country is worrisome.

Don't forget to check my profile to show off and get your fine feet grin

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by AZControversial(m): 5:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Animals with weapons....

37 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Myhusband(m): 5:46am On Sep 22, 2021
anti human country ruled by uneducated herder

A country Her army take order to defend her people against terrorist but take no order to shoot civilian. in my next life don't amalgamate me with any imbeciles that's if next life exist

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by olusledge: 5:46am On Sep 22, 2021
This is crazy
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Mukah1234(m): 5:46am On Sep 22, 2021
This country na wa ooo.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by pepetua(m): 5:47am On Sep 22, 2021
Don't say Army, just say Nigeria area boys and touts.

6 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by nationafestdayy: 5:47am On Sep 22, 2021
Independence Day is an afternoon to pay
national day tribute and consider all of the freedom fighters who fought for the Independence of the u . S . A .. On August 15, 1947, India turned into declared independent from the British colonialism of extra than two hundred years. The battle for freedom of India from the British rule lasted for over 90 years from 1857 to 1947, witnessing the sacrifices of many courageous hearts who laid down their lives for the freedom in their country and people. The Independence Day party is marked at some point of the usa with Indian flag-website hosting ceremonies, drills, and the singing of the Indian country wide anthem.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by TheMan3: 5:48am On Sep 22, 2021
This is the reason alot of Nigerian students flood Benin Republic for studies. 3 years you are done, no strike.

If you have children in Nigeria, YOU BETTER have in place a concrete plan for their future. Do not use your child to do "I love my country".

These governors and Even Biharis children's didn't study in the country. He doesn't even have faith in the system he oversees.

43 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Sonnobax15(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Another lekki tollgate saga loading.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by wewe1(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2021

The dance of shame has started again.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by dhiqson(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2021
When we did ours in UNIBEN some days back even the hoodlums and soldiers feared to do anything funny reason being that
"if e set for benin, e no dey finish"

I'm wondering why deterrence in this country can never be a thing cry

13 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by surewayman(m): 5:49am On Sep 22, 2021
Best plug

1 Like

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Pele10: 5:49am On Sep 22, 2021
Lazy army, that's all they are good at. Boko haram are roaming the north east freely

1 Like

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Emu4life(m): 5:49am On Sep 22, 2021
od501:

I have told people, the Nigerian army u see today are not the army that you know. They are full of 70% jihadists.
Did you do the Headcount Sir?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by theenchanter: 5:50am On Sep 22, 2021
I read it and there was no mention of Nigerian Army shooting at students...... I even clicked the link in order to convince myself that the OP skipped that part, but no mention of Nigerian Army.

Nigerian media will kill Nigeria before ethnicity and religion.

I blame nairaland mods sha.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by od501: 5:50am On Sep 22, 2021
Stephenszego2:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/many-injured-as-plateau-state-polytechnic-students-protest-postponement-of-exam/

I have told people, the Nigerian army u see today are not the army that you know. They are full of 70% jihadists.

6 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Blackfire(m): 5:50am On Sep 22, 2021
Why are this students causing trouble...
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Naija147: 5:50am On Sep 22, 2021
History will never be kind to the dullard in Asorock
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by gurusprout: 5:51am On Sep 22, 2021
marvel2011:
Nigerian Army and carelessness
Try to read na

The protest was later hijacked by hoodlums who injured both students and pedestrians, damaged cars and other valuable properties.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by lexy2014: 5:53am On Sep 22, 2021
Stephenszego2:

story is different from d headline. i dont see any mention of army activities in d story

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by gurusprout: 5:53am On Sep 22, 2021
theenchanter:
I read it and there was no mention of Nigerian Army shooting at students.

Nigerian media will kill Nigeria before ethnicity and religion.

Unfortunately, many who didn't read are already spilling bile as usual.

I'll quote them before they change their comments.

od501:

wewe1:

The dance of shame has started again.

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Another lekki tollgate saga loading.

AuntRose:
Gov. Simon Lalong is effortlessly making his incompetence very glaring for all to see. The students all came out to peacefully protest against the strike being embarked by the school the very day they are to commence exams without any prior notice whatsoever and then the military came shooting carelessly leading to the death of one student. Gov Simon Lalong of Plateau State is not fit to govern our this peaceful state of ours.

marvel2011:
Nigerian Army and carelessness
PayOnDelivery:
This is serious.

Dispersing protesting students with real guns and bullets (whether blank bullet or live ammo.)?

Our approach to handling protests in this country is worrisome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by obi4eze(m): 5:53am On Sep 22, 2021
angry
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by lexy2014: 5:54am On Sep 22, 2021
od501:

pls read d story carefully. d headline is misleading

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 22, 2021
Nigeria Animals
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Derrylatei: 5:55am On Sep 22, 2021
Honestly, this is the first time in my life I weeped for Nigeria. I'm really ashamed of being part of this nation. How on Earth can people who are meant to protect the citizens be killing and maltreating them. The arm forces is supposed to be an elite force not d so-called "obey the last order" illitrate, salvage, dirty and old fashioned arm forces of Nigeria civil war. For God sake this is the 21st century. I weep for Nigeria

These are images of Malawi army protecting protesters rathering shooting at them. When will Nigeria ever get it right?

14 Likes

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by xcesspaschal(m): 5:56am On Sep 22, 2021
Lekki reloaded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Convicts False Emergency Caller, Uzuokwu Solomon, In Lagos / Cook Loses His N40K Job In Lagos After Stealing His Colleagues N35K Phone.Photos / Police Officers Beat Two Women Mercilessly In Abeokuta - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.