Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria (25332 Views)

Kashim Shettima Receives Ambassador Of China, CUI Jianchun (Photos) / Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by limcar: 7:26am On Sep 22, 2021
The Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Cui Jianchin, says he is in talks with Chinese-owned banks to establish operations in Nigeria.

This, the envoy said, is to boost Nigeria’s economy and expand trade relations between the two nations.

Cui made this known on Tuesday in Abuja while addressing Journalists during the commemoration of the 2021 Chinese Moon Festival and China-Nigeria Cultural week.

According the Cui, the establishment of Chinese Banks in Nigeria will also be one of the key areas of discussion during the China-Nigeria Binational Committee meeting, which he is also pushing for the establishment.

He said that an efficient financial institution was a key driver to achieving a strong economy, one Nigeria can learn from China’s experience.

“Before my departure from Beijing to Abuja, I talked to several banks in China. When you list the World’s 10 big banks, six are in China.

“The Banking sector is very important, because without money, we cannot build our industries.

“What I am thinking here is best to talk to the governor of Central Bank and how we can allow the Chinese Banks to run office here and now, they are doing the feasibility studies on that.

“I am working hard that in the Bi-national meeting, I hope we can make a big decision and give a big push to let the banking industry and insurance industry, because financial integration and institutions are key.

“If you go to China, you will find our banking industry is very powerful, not only for business, but change in the way of life.

“Because of the COVID-19, the Banking Industry is a little hesitant, but I told them Nigeria has a lot of human resources and as long as we work together, we can do big things.

“And that is why it is important to invest in the banking industry, to solve this problem,” Cui said.

Extolling the extant China-Nigeria trade relations, Cui noted that the volume of trade between China and Nigeria is nearly 20 billion US Dollars, with an increase from 2020’s 19.2 billion dollars.

https://punchng.com/envoy-mulls-establishment-of-chinese-banks-in-nigeria/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by mike8804: 7:29am On Sep 22, 2021
Second wave of colonization!

260 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Olarewajutv: 7:33am On Sep 22, 2021
Beautiful idea, infact great idea. Chinese just want to make things easier for Bubu, no need to travel to China for borrowing aqain..
Just a call to them and loan will be approve

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by omowolewa: 7:35am On Sep 22, 2021
The would help conceal transfers to and fro Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Mynd44: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2021
mike8804:
Second wave of colonization!
It actually helps people doing business with China. You can have your naira account here and then use such account to purchase your goods.

Since a lot of our imports are from there, it helps.

I await when our importers will look to China for second hand cars instead of Canada and America

189 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Enoch07: 7:43am On Sep 22, 2021
They're coming gradually, but at this point I don't care

15 Likes

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2021
Not surprised, the nAira and tissue paper these days no difference

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Evaromantik(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2021
BMCs, shebi una see wetin una borrow borrow boss don cause?.

These guys are now using us as their marketplace, besides the country itself is a collateral.

Don't be surprised if WWIII happen to come, they will setup base here in Nigeria and get us involved. They are just trying expand their territory and the Vegetable thought they're just lending him money.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Crossroad1(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2021
Oh, is the takeover about to start?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
China vs Nigeria

grin grin grin
Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Nten: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
OK to facilitate easier ways of borrowing and ensuring that collateralized assets of national importance staked for borrowing are easily acquired with immediate alacrity. Gradually China is taking over... Continue borrowing anyhow and mortgaging the future of the country. China is expanding its hegemony & operational base using Nigeria strategically.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Mikelarteta(m): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
Wetin remain they should just pay the balance and buy the country. If we are not careful sef, with all the monies this useless Buhari’s has borrowed from China, after taking over the country, we go still balance them.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by feezay86: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
Good idea for businesses

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Kingcalls: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
The buffon man in Asia rock has sold this country to China behind our back thru useless loans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by IBBG(m): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
Lol. Na to collect their loan o.

1 Like

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by chaseblack(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2021
Chinko bank. Make I start to dey learn Chinese.

5 Likes

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Lattop(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2021
The time is near for repayment of Loans

11 Likes

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2021
grin china and loans
5/6

Establishment of this bank will be wonderful for Nigerian economy

It's going to help Nigerians looking to migrate outside Naija without funds
If you wan Japa..they can help you with students loans....

Just go and collect loan from the Chinese..
Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Cumtroller: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2021
I know say Bubu don collect account opening and loan application forms .

3 Likes

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by tillaman(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
China go recolonize us Last last
Those lawless Bat eating arsewipes are taking over
One city at a time
E go shock una

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Elfaris(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
God bless Nigeria, the greatest black nation on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Roddyricch1(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
This is how they started in Zambia, go to Zambia today and you'll see alot of Chinese has joined their police force and military too. Only God knows how much we are owing these guys, this is just a disguise at another wave of colonization.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Sonnobax15(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by hisexcellency34: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Chinese wants to buy Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by achymmania: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
Mynd44:

It actually helps people doinbbusiness with China. You can have your naira account here and then use such account to purchase your goods.

I await when our importers will look to China for second hand cars instead of Canada and America
you think importation is a good thing. They’re enveloping your economy if you don’t know.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Sunnybay7: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
More loans for the cow lover in Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by SaintBishop: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2021
He don happen.
Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by ENGINEERG(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2021
This will be so GOOD.
If that is done, anyone can pay money to Chinese firms using their ABC account. It will be good for business and it will reduce demand in dollar too cos anyone can go to the bank and pay yuan equivalent with naira equivalent. Thereby bypassing the dollar.

Nigeria banks have branches in several countries too, so I don't know the fear of some people that China want to buy Nigeria.
Is Nigeria even worth buying again?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by princemillla(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2021
Perfect idea.
Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by Elsueno: 7:47am On Sep 22, 2021
I will convert a quarter of my savings to Chinese yuan.

I have already decided on a Chinese name "Wang lei"

Will even marry a Chinese woman to complete d conversion.

Xiè xiè nǐ ma niggas grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by saintjimos(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Bubu will be very happy .
No need going extra miles for loan angry

2 Likes

Re: Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria by mmsen: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Mynd44:

It actually helps people doing business with China. You can have your naira account here and then use such account to purchase your goods.

Why? Chinese cars are trash, even the ones made by foreign firms in China are not very good.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. / Buhari yet to appoint Chief of Staff — Presidency / Buhari As A Federal Commissioner Of Petroleum (1970s Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.