Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

What I Saw At The Bank Today!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What I Saw At The Bank Today!! (53883 Views)

Pls Who Else Is Having Issues With Access Bank Today?? / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by ologuntheo(m): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
Omo x20000000000

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Topenzee(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
All those bankers are the agba yahoo... The are the one revealing customers details to there client
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Revolva(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
Same thing happened to one guy that was shown in d news them move all his 350k from his bank acc

Baba pull cloth nearly naked and it's caused a stir online

So sad our banking system is very fraudulent they have insiders who do all dese

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Gadafii: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
there are some insiders who help these scammers

some scammers go as far as telling you your date of birth or the type of ID u submitted to them, information that only bankers should know

as for recovery, bvn has that made possible but most times it takes for ever y=to have your money recovered, the recipient of that loot could be blacklisted and his/her account blacklisted with an instruction to arrest him or her when ever she walks into the bank

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by possibilita(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
Those information are sold to fraudsters by the bankers
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by StagethemTVee: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
They must have stylishly requested for her card details and she gave them. There are some audio posts online of people who got such calls but played the scammers by calling 419419419 as their card number.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by bishop4life(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
Onyenna:

Some of these scammers actually work hand-in-hand with some bankers.....

Most of them, or probably all of them.
They work with network provider staffs too.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by subcbouy: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
People are still falling for all this calling shit!
Even if it was real from the bank, don't answer shit, until you visit the branch.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by ceaser: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:

So I’ve got some questions regarding this:

1) how do these scammers get the phone number and account details of people to the extent of calling them and requesting personal information.

2) can the money be recovered, if yes what process does one need to follow. This is to educate people

On a final note, please and please, don’t give your personal information to anyone who claims to be from a certain bank. Always go the bank!

It's quite simple to handle these guys. There are some red flags to look out for:

1. They are not well cultured in spoken English. Most times you will catch them with some odd local accent tainting their spoken English. They may also have grammatical errors.

2. They come with suggestions that make you get agitated or excited. Things like "your ATM card is bla bla bla", "there is a covid allowance to be paid into your account", your account is to be blocked and we need to prevent that", etc.

3. Before, they will need most of your account information, but nowadays, they have become sophisticated enough to have your account info (account number, name and ATM details) ahead. So all they need is an OTP that will be sent into your phone for them to complete the transaction over there at their own side. They disguise the request in several ways. One of such ways is that they tell you that a code to unblock your account will soon be forwarded to your number and you will need to call the code for 'em. Then they call you back to retrieve the code.

4. In some instances where they may not have your account number ahead but need it to continue with the process, they will request that you call out your account number. If you are on GTB (which they know) and you decide to call out an account number that starts with "200", they will stop you in your tracks and insist that you are calling out a wrong account number which is actually true. Most GTB accounts start with "00".

Do not honour any calls claiming to be from your bank. The best you can do is pick the call and waste the caller's time and credit. Use them to catch fún.

If your bank ever call you or send you an email to correct certain things, it will not be to ask for your details. At best, it is to ask you to call their customer care line or to visit one of their branches.

The only ways my money can be moved by these guys is if my phone is stolen which makes them to have access to my banking SIM card, account information, account balance and banking email. Any other format aside that na just waste of time.

Meanwhile for guys stealing from other people's sweat, here is a short clip from Barrister Mike feat. Kanayo. O. Kanayo to serve as a lesson.

https://www.facebook.com/100044427579764/posts/402284504595799/?app=fbl

jeff1607:

Very common with FIRSTBANK, seems their staff give out information to scammers. Sometimes even tell you how much you have left, worse is they are lackadaisical towards solving issues involving them.

I concur with this. First bank has the highest cases of bank robberies countrywide for obvious reasons. They seem to have a lot of insiders that work with armed robbers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by PGKing1(m): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bro it's Never right to scam someone, especially your fellow Nigerian way dey suffer pass, make they go scam those big politicians way steal money in abundance and leave the little man to hustle, so sad...

I remain your #1 plug for Original Backwoods check my sig. Genuine Hustle go pay!

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Pumpumking: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:
Hello everyone, so it happened that my Dad made some withdrawals at the ATM, on the last withdrawal the ATM did not dispense.l and he was debited.

Followed him to the bank to complain so the amount will be reversed.

Upon our arrival, we met a woman crying profusely. She was restless, saw three bankers on one computer trying to figure things out and another consoling her.

So it happened that she was scammed of N300,000. She said she received a call from someone who claimed to be the bank manager who asked her to provide some of her private information which she did.

Man, I felt bad for her. I was really angry inside, I hope this scammers meet their Waterloo.

1) how do these scammers get the phone number and account details of people to the extent of calling them and requesting personal information.

2) can the money be recovered, if yes what process does one need to follow. This is to educate people

On a final note, please and please, don’t give your personal information to anyone who claims to be from a certain bank. Always go the bank!

^^^^story
Wot did u saw sir..surmary??(no oofense)
angry
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Olabode971(f): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
Scammers just dail Random numbers often; until they discover a weakling Victim who seems not to be on Guard always..

This also happened to my mum this year, but I was the one who helped her out, I collected the phone from her and did the talking with the ModaFuka scammer. The scammer knowing I was sharp and alert quickly back out..

#NoSleepingOnTheBicycle_In9ja.

My advise to all, always be at alert.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Unrated900(m): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lagos na no gocking state
One spanner loss
Someone takes over you.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by seenga(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
EVENTS WITH LOW PROBABILITY DO OCCUR NOW DONT IT?
tutudesz:

Inside job, the probability of them guessing your bank and phone number right is very low undecided
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Mexy0147: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:
Hello everyone, so it happened that my Dad made some withdrawals at the ATM, on the last withdrawal the ATM did not dispense.l and he was debited.

Upon our arrival, we met a woman crying profusely. She was restless, saw three bankers on one computer trying to figure things out and another consoling her.

So it happened that she was scammed of N300,000. She said she received a call from someone who claimed to be the bank manager who asked her to provide some of her private information which she did.

Man, I felt bad for her. I was really angry inside, I hope this scammers meet their Waterloo.

This happens as a result of Social Engineering or phising. please do not disclose PII's to anyone.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Snitch24(m): 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
I'm telling you this
We don't have a reliable data storage
All the money budgeted for bvn and Nin
Is a waste of founds to me
There's Alot of loop holes in the banking system
If American banks can be
Manipulated what security do nigerian Nigerian banks has
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
Yea, don't really know how they get the information tho but one called me like that with my account officer name and she was asking for details, i her told that'll call her back and when i wanted to call i went back to my contact list to get the number of my account officer that i know luckily for me it turn out be a scam
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Emily22(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
U see UBA , don't near that bank...if u open account today, they LL start bombing you the next day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Captaincee(m): 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
pocohantas:

1) From bankers. Most tellers that handle your day to day transactions are contract staff. Sadly they are the least paid too. So they have made peace with the fact that they are not recognized and have no hope climbing up. As such they do any quick runs to get by.

2) From useless children. You will be shocked that at least 50% of fraudulent withdrawals on accounts of elderly people are carried out by/in connivance with their kids or caregivers.

As long as it moves from one account to the other, it can easily be recovered or at least traced to someone who knows someone.

The process is to cry abi report like she just did. A lot would be dependent on the cooperation of the beneficiary’s bank. Cases are always easier to treat if it is within same bank.

The second you admit you gave out your sensitive details, you take the blame off the bank. Not like bankers do not know that customers compromise their details in such cases, but then, you admitting it makes it a whole lot easier for them to commot head.
facts.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by flexyrule(m): 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
pocohantas:

1) From bankers. Most tellers that handle your day to day transactions are contract staff. Sadly they are the least paid too. So they have made peace with the fact that they are not recognized and have no hope climbing up. As such they do any quick runs to get by.

2) From useless children. You will be shocked that at least 50% of fraudulent withdrawals on accounts of elderly people are carried out by/in connivance with their kids.

As long as it moves from one account to the other, it can easily be recovered or at least traced to someone who knows someone.

The process is to cry abi report like she just did. A lot would be dependent on the cooperation of the beneficiary’s bank. Cases are always easier to treat if it is within same bank.

The second you admit you gave out your sensitive details, you take the blame off the bank. Not like bankers do not know that customers compromise their details in such cases, but then, you admitting it makes it a whole lot easier for them to commot head.
Quick to mention Tellers when there's a fraud, whereas majority of frauds are perpetrated by full staff, especially Marketers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Damoche10: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
For any bank fraud, there is always an insider..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by redcliff: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
MrGistGuy:
Too bad..... Everyone just get one or more problems..... I get my own problem too...make person help.... I have spammed like three post on nairaland today asking for any financial help.... I have no choice than to do this .... I have seen people get help from this nairaland, that's why I'm trying my luck..... I have not eaten yet today, I have no money to feed....please help me out

Uba....21.... 2...7 ...53...76.....3 4

Nothing is too small

getout abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by simple250: 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
Those of you praising Yahoo, that it's not their fault the government is push them to do it...you can see now OYIMBO DON WISE they are now doing local stealing from their fellow citizens.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by 3ple9ine(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
Too bad. I think banks should start educating people who want to open account with them how not to fall for these scams
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by femi4: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:

Don't you fill form online and offline especially govt workers. Your details might be somewhere dumped in a dustbin or given to groundnut sellers

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Kolaboluv7(m): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
raindroup:
Boys doing local now grin Christmas dey come man need to buy clothes shocked

shocked
Local on da beat..
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by gnykelly(m): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:

If it is Access bank or UBA . it's an internal job. grin
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Kingosytex(m): 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
One idiot called me like that some days ago claiming he was a GTB staff, he asked me while I haven't visited the bank with respect to the message they sent me a few days earlier.
I told him I was busy, and in his mind he felt his trap had cut a "maga"
I wasted his time, burnt his airtime, before I bursted him. I told him how foolish he was, he wasn't even smart.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by pocohantas(f): 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
flexyrule:
Quick to mention Tellers when there's a fraud, whereas majority of frauds are perpetrated by full staff, especially Marketers.

Indeed…
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by redcliff: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
Mexy0147:

This happens as a result of Social Engineering or phising. please do not disclose PII's to anyone.

mr comptia
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by chukwuibuipob: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
sad Some pipu sef sad? I believe they warned her after she opened d ACC never to give ATM card/pin to a 3rd party/help me do dis/dat but whosai sad? Some will even write their pin num everywhere/even saved it in their phone contact.That 300k is gone sad sad with wind.

Those of U that make pipu cry/spend the money on girls/drink.May Ur parents cry over u unless u repent

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by MrGistGuy(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
redcliff:

getout abeg
guyyy, you no go understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN To Block Bank Accounts Of 18 Companies (Full List) / How To Withdraw Above CBN Cash Limits / Coca-cola Mini Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.