Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

What I Saw At The Bank Today!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What I Saw At The Bank Today!! (53876 Views)

Pls Who Else Is Having Issues With Access Bank Today?? / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by youngoak(m): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
The money can actually be tracked, but it's unfortunate that it will take time and in most cases the account the funds was transferred to could also be a victim account before making the withdrawal

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by zinaunreal(m): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
I thought op had a better topic
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by enambobo(m): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
Around this time last year I lost 250k to scammers. I just laughed it off cos I know he will pay dearly. I wrote a petition against him to EFCC. Just a few days ago I saw the bastard's photo as most wanted in the EFCC radar. Good will always prevail over evil. The wicked shall know no peace.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by flexyrule(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Indeed…
Yes. There's no day we don't investigate fraud cases from banks.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by redcliff: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
MrGistGuy:
guyyy, you no go understand

go and work. there are many manual jobs you can do for daily pay.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Koolyarn: 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
My response is as simple as having a responsible and reliable bank account where only over the counter transaction is permitted. No ATM no internet banking , none whatsoever .

I will regularly send money into the account but no money go out without over the counter transaction.
If any money goes out , tha bank will be held responsible.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Richy4(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
Since many Nigerians has taken to fraud Bank management should employ more forensic bankers... It will be too easy to dictate all these.....even something as elementary as EFTPOS are used as fraud and it couldn't be traced haba!!!
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by udomma1005(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:
Hello everyone, so it happened that my Dad made some withdrawals at the ATM, on the last withdrawal the ATM did not dispense.l and he was debited.

Followed him to the bank to complain so the amount will be reversed.

Upon our arrival, we met a woman crying profusely. She was restless, saw three bankers on one computer trying to figure things out and another consoling her.

So it happened that she was scammed of N300,000. She said she received a call from someone who claimed to be the bank manager who asked her to provide some of her private information which she did.

Man, I felt bad for her. I was really angry inside, I hope this scammers meet their Waterloo.

So I’ve got some questions regarding this:

1) how do these scammers get the phone number and account details of people to the extent of calling them and requesting personal information.

2) can the money be recovered, if yes what process does one need to follow. This is to educate people

On a final note, please and please, don’t give your personal information to anyone who claims to be from a certain bank. Always go the bank!
ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS!
1) How do they get accurate details of customers.
*Because our lousy government lacks the competence to protect the employees from the tyrannical tendencies of private employers. An account officer in a bank who has almost all details of customers, including BVN, on his laptop and hard drives which he takes home to do jobs to meet up with the schedule in the office,wakes up someday to meet a sack letter!
....... He will sell the details on his laptop & hard drive to Yahoo bois who will bomb the targets and hunkle former Banker gets his juicy commission to survive under Boohaarii regime.
2) Yes can be traced & tracked. Get the police to do a bankers order & others I don't wanna type now & your cash might be retrieved, we dey do am plenty.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Kellie069(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
Question way u go ask people way de work for bank, u come here come de ask am! Nor b mumu man you be so?asheju!!!!! Make we know say ur papa de use ur atm take withdraw abi?
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by pocohantas(f): 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
flexyrule:
Yes. There's no day we don't investigate fraud cases from banks.

I can see that. cheesy
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by tutudesz: 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
seenga:
EVENTS WITH LOW PROBABILITY DO OCCUR NOW DONT IT?
Yeah they do, but most times insiders provide such information.
Am a victim of such, were N50k was withdraw from my account online with me receiving any opt code to confirm that transaction.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by flexyrule(m): 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
pocohantas:

I can see that. cheesy
Poco, did you see me in your dream last night?

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by kingthreat(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
No be this country wey we dey celebrate Yahooboys?
Hushpuppi, E-money, Bnaira, no be the youth rolemodels?
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by pocohantas(f): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
flexyrule:
Poco, did you see me in your dream last night?

Lol. I thought we are having a conversation?

You have a point though. Marketers get their own for body.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by victorikpe(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
[color=#

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by SULTAN22(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
Profayo:
It's obviously an inside job,if bankers can connive with arm robbers, who says they can sell people's data?
The very day my junior brother opened a bank account, he was called to be scammed, how did they know he opened an account and the bank he opened with?
This same thing happened to me!
A scammer called me and asked for my account and bvn number ,the day I opened an account with UBA BANK.
He said, he needed my bank details to activate my ATM CARD, I had already collected and activated the card when he called.
He told me that he works with uba bank.
I suspected the guy to be a scammer when I noticed his use of English, His use of English was terrible .
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
I know every trick that’s how I was shopping and they said they need the cash they’ll give me gift card I don’t even understand …no please o don’t want tomorrow they will call me to say I didn’t pay grin

Never been a scammer never will be … always go to bed checking my small money
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by XshegzzyeeiX: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
Too bad.

Upon opening an account, banks should endeavour to educate those not privileged with acquiring proper education the importance of not disclosing sensitive informations that will lead to fraudsters hijacking their accounts.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by poiZon: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
cremedelacreme:
It is a pity that the old woman fell for these scammers, considering her age, she might not be up to date with technology and happenings. A friend was scammed of over 500K about 3 months ago, I was disappointed in him because I never expected an educated person with an M.Sc to fall for such cheap scam. As for recovery, it is on 'best effort basis'. The bank would try their best but 99% of the time, the scammers must have wiped the whole funds in the receiving account and abandoned the account.
So what happened to KYC forms and every other docs needed to open an account?
The issue is if these guys are insiders in the bank, then they will never try to trace the account these transfers entered.
Imagine reporting a case of theft to someone who committed the crime, and u want him to help u investigate...
U go wait taya.

My mum fell victim of these guys, 250k was swept out of the account, first bank. She reported it the next day, they traced the funds and said the guys used it to buy crypto... Shebi crypto don crash... My mama still dey.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by belshazzar(m): 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
MrGistGuy:
Too bad..... Everyone just get one or more problems..... I get my own problem too...make person help.... I have spammed like three post on nairaland today asking for any financial help.... I have no choice than to do this .... I have seen people get help from this nairaland, that's why I'm trying my luck..... I have not eaten yet today, I have no money to feed....please help me out

Uba....21.... 2...7 ...53...76.....3 4

Nothing is too small
I hate seeing stuff like this. Baba go find work and stop begging .
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Gate050: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
brosom:
Duda see let me tell u, most of this fraudters are staffs and managers of the bank trust me.

Back to ur dad making a withdrawal and it didn't pay, well let me tell u all something I witnessed sometime ago.

I came to the bank A.t.m machine at around 9pm and met fee queue like about 9 persons, so It was getting my turn and the 3rd to last person before me left and the next Duda slot in his A.t.m, the machine counted but didn't bring out money, the Duda waited about 3minuts and left, just as he left the stupid machine splashes the money like we re in a club or something grin, few of us there picked, I picked 7k, I don't know the rest.

So what I'm trying to say is whenever such happened, make sure u inside the bank to confirme ur transaction..

Shut up! You're lying. You can only pick it and go Scott free if and only if you're the only one there, if not, someone among you will insist you give the money to the security man. If I were to be with you guy ( that's if you're telling the truth of course your lying ) no one will go with any money.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by nairabacks(f): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:
Hello everyone, so it happened that my Dad made some withdrawals at the ATM, on the last withdrawal the ATM did not dispense.l and he was debited.

Upon our arrival, we met a woman crying profusely. She was restless, saw three bankers on one computer trying to figure things out and another consoling her.

So it happened that she was scammed of N300,000. She said she received a call from someone who claimed to be the bank manager who asked her to provide some of her private information which she did.

Man, I felt bad for her. I was really angry inside, I hope this scammers meet their Waterloo.

1) how do these scammers get the phone number and account details of people to the extent of calling them and requesting personal information.

2) can the money be recovered, if yes what process does one need to follow. This is to educate people

On a final note, please and please, don’t give your personal information to anyone who claims to be from a certain bank. Always go the bank!

They don't even need personal details...it's usually insiders doing the stealing
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by UniqueDennis(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:

The simple answer to ur question especially number 1 is porous security system of the bank and insiders who supply these criminals with sensitive details of customers. Becos there is no way these schemers can get hold of these sensitive information without either of the above happening seamlessly. I had an aunt who was a victim of these scammers who didnt even have an atm and never had one.. All they did was to trick her to believe they wanted to reward her for been a loyal zenith bank customers on her birthday only for them to send her codes which she unsuspectedly sent back to them and they succeeded in swiping 40k from her account before i could intervene.. Another question to ask here is which online system or software allows scammers/hackers to initiate a withdrawal transactions from a victim's account without even an atm or bank account or with it if not that these scammers work closely with players in the banking industry.. All these might even be an organized racket by the Nigerian banking industry or some top organized syndicates becos this is so so rampant and women are the biggest victims.. One cant trust anyone or any system anymore these days cos lots of strange things going on... If Federal government can scam its people back to back to back with failed promises, na other private institutions no go fit scam people too?
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by sabreal: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
They work with bank staff or the bank system is porous, hence, they can easily gain acres to their serve, to obtain critical information.

Again, customers need to be on guard.

lajid:

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
brosom:
Duda see let me tell u, most of this fraudters are staffs and managers of the bank trust me.

Back to ur dad making a withdrawal and it didn't pay, well let me tell u all something I witnessed sometime ago.

I came to the bank A.t.m machine at around 9pm and met fee queue like about 9 persons, so It was getting my turn and the 3rd to last person before me left and the next Duda slot in his A.t.m, the machine counted but didn't bring out money, the Duda waited about 3minuts and left, just as he left the stupid machine splashes the money like we re in a club or something grin, few of us there picked, I picked 7k, I don't know the rest.

So what I'm trying to say is whenever such happened, make sure u inside the bank to confirme ur transaction..

I don't want to believe you all left with another person's money.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Kobicove(m): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Honestly it's painful to lose what you have worked for to this scammers...

Nigerian banking system is just useless and weak.. they only know how to recover loans and overdraft..

In the real sense it should be traceable and recoverable.. they have the receipt of the transaction on their system.. the account the money went into.. what is stopping them from producing the profile of the account and the police tracking the owner of that account...

You go there.. they begin to tell you bring this bring that

You need legal authorization before a bank will release this type of info to you
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by ejimatic: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:

.1 Answer Bank officials give your phone nos and details to scammers. 2 It is possible to arrest by by tracking the phone no used to call you. The police must be involved in the process.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by membranus: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2021
pocohantas:

1) From bankers. Most tellers that handle your day to day transactions are contract staff. Sadly they are the least paid too. So they have made peace with the fact that they are not recognized and have no hope climbing up. As such they do any quick runs to get by. Not forgetting marketers, they could be a handful too.

2) From useless children. You will be shocked that at least 50% of fraudulent withdrawals on accounts of elderly people are carried out by/in connivance with their kids or caregivers.

As long as it moves from one account to the other, it can easily be recovered or at least traced to someone who knows someone.

The process is to cry abi report like she just did. A lot would be dependent on the cooperation of the beneficiary’s bank. Cases are always easier to treat if it is within same bank.

The second you admit you gave out your sensitive details, you take the blame off the bank. Not like bankers do not know that customers compromise their details in such cases, but then, you admitting it makes it a whole lot easier for them to commot head.

As usual you slam the hard facts of the case bang on the head.

Big gbosa to our in-house problem solver.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Osashalom: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
I thought they said Yahoo boys are only taking back the money oyibo people took from Nigeria those days, or did they deposit some in the woman's account? Scammers are heartless liars any day .

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by brosom(m): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
Gate050:

Shut up! You're lying. You can only pick it and go Scott free if and only if you're the only one there, if not, someone among you will insist you give the money to the security man. If I were to be with you guy ( that's if you're telling the truth of course your lying ) no one will go with any money.
Gat no words for u Duda, but shiitt was real.

Giving it to the security was no good idea because the security will end up doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by Newboss(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
Database compromise. Data leak.

I don't think it is that hard to hack into the database of Nigerian banks.
Re: What I Saw At The Bank Today!! by brosom(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
SimplyFacts:

I don't want to believe you all left with the another person's money.
Give we thought of giving it to the security, but we found out he was going to do nothing but totake the money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN To Block Bank Accounts Of 18 Companies (Full List) / How To Withdraw Above CBN Cash Limits / Coca-cola Mini Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.