Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking (23730 Views)

Ronaldo Highest-paid Footballer In 2020 Forbes List, Messi Ranks 2nd, Neymar 3rd / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years / De Gea To Become Highest Paid Footballer In English Premier League Histroy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Thescienceprof(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo has replaced Lionel Messi as the highest-paid footballer in the world, according to latest rankings released by Forbes.

Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to make $125m (£91.63m) before taxes in the 2021-22 season after moving back to Manchester United, with $70m (£51.31m) coming from his salary and bonuses at Old Trafford, according to Forbes., while Lionel Messi is set to earn $110m (£80.63) this season after joining Paris Saint-Germain.

The 36-year-old is set to earn an estimated $55m (£40.31m) from commercial deals, with only three athletes set to earn more from sponsorship; Roger Federer ($90m, £65.97m), LeBron James ($65m, £47.64m) and Tiger Woods ($60m, £43.98m).

Messi, who topped last year's rankings, falls to second despite sealing a lucrative move to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.

Forbes claim the former Barcelona star will earn $110m (£80.63m) this season, with $75m (£50m) of that figure coming from his salary and bonuses at the Parc des Princes.

Meanwhile, Messi's club team-mates Neymar and Kylian Mbappe are third and fourth on the list respectively.

Neymar is set to earn $95m (£69.68m) in the 2021-22 season, while Mbappe is some way behind the Brazilian with expected earnings of $43m (£31.54m).

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah is fifth in the rankings with expected earnings of $41m (£30.6m), while Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski is sixth with $35m (£25.66m).
Perhaps a surprise inclusion on the list is former Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta, who is ranked seventh with earnings of $35m (£25.66m) - the bulk of which comes from his salary and bonuses at Japanese club Vissel Kobe.

Eighth on the list is Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, who is set to make $34m (£24.92m), while Real Madrid's Gareth Bale is the highest-ranked British player in ninth with expected earnings of $32m (£23.46m).

Another Real Madrid player rounds off the top 10, former Chelsea winger Eden Hazard, who is set to earn $29m (£21.26m) in the 2021-22 campaign.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12414248/cristiano-ronaldo-replaces-lionel-messi-as-highest-paid-footballer-in-forbes-rankings

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Blake755: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2021
When you are big u are big ororo
Meanwhile my first FTC cheesy

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by GreenCitrus: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2021
Blake755:

Correction. When you are bigger, you are bigger. We definitely know the bigger fella. Ororo

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by bewla(m): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
Blake755:
like for the man of moment and share for brother past glory

123 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by bewla(m): 12:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
I don't like short things

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Blake755: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
bewla:
Messi fans will come after u sad grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by bewla(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
Blake755:

Messi fans will come after u sad grin
Let them pray for short glory

And will say amen to that

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by NaijaDonCast(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
#BringBackOurBoliviaMan

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by gibzzhd: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
You can celebrate this as Messi gets ready to celebrate his 7th ballon d'or

34 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Natural441(m): 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
gibzzhd:

Lol no mind them,when Messi top am last year we no shout

I just wait patiently on the balloon dor

13 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Aufbauh(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
gibzzhd:

Akuko! See consolation.
If at 36+ Ronaldo is still earning more than your 34yr old 7th balloon boy in the same career then he should hide himself.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Sirpaul(m): 5:22am On Sep 23, 2021
Ororo

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by aluyapreston: 5:22am On Sep 23, 2021
Na today.

This was exactly how Forbes rated Ronaldo to be the first football to earn an accumulated billion dollars over his career.

At the end we found out that just three years of Messi salary from 2018 to 2021 ($600+ million) was more than Ronaldo total Networth of $500+ million dollars.

So we clearly know who the bigger man is. I won't be shocked if Messi is a billionaire sef because if you earn more than half a billion in Three years then you must have earned thrice that figure in 18 years.

Ronaldo can keep declaring its assets while Messi keep mum on his. Messi is like Putin of Russia. will always smile because when others talk about money he knows he is the boss.

From the breakdown sef, Messi earns higher in football than RONALDO and has maintained that gap since 2009. It was even closer this time as he only beat Ronaldo with 5 million pounds.

27 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by dallex10(m): 5:23am On Sep 23, 2021
LMFAO
I see ignorance from pendu fans everywhere.

Messi earns higher on the pitch than Ronaldo, Ronaldo only has more endorsement that's why.

11 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by RadioMOUTH(m): 5:24am On Sep 23, 2021

Why I just dey Jealous this men seff grin
I love you Roro.. you na goat tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by ecolime(m): 5:24am On Sep 23, 2021
GOAT

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by lavylilly: 5:27am On Sep 23, 2021
FOR VICTIMS OF SCAMMERS

Have you mistakenly or greedily sent N50k to get N100k in 5 minutes and then later realised that you have been scammed?
And the scammer even went on to rub your ignorance on your face too?

There is some good news for you.

Please follow the below steps:

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

Dr Aloy is sharing a knowledge today on "How to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read carefully and learn.

20% of social media users and online shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large or small money and it's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do.

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging apps (Telegram, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc).

2. Write out the full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scammer's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspect's account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

If you interested in business opportunities available with the new e-naira, I am having a 4 day intensive class on telegram. It's FREE!!!! Send me a DM or mail lovelyakpe@gmail.com

36 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by AntiChristian: 5:28am On Sep 23, 2021
The rating continues till death!

Then our belief and deeds rate us!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:30am On Sep 23, 2021
Nothing concern me
Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by whela(m): 5:32am On Sep 23, 2021
GOAT things.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Kilishihunter: 5:34am On Sep 23, 2021
bewla:
Let them pray for short glory

And will say amen to that
But his short glory still tall pass you na grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by Scamburster(m): 5:34am On Sep 23, 2021
lavylilly:
FOR VICTIMS OF SCAMMERS

Have you mistakenly or greedily sent N50k to get N100k in 5 minutes and then later realised that you have been scammed?
And the scammer even went on to rub your ignorance on your face too?

There is some good news for you.

Please follow the below steps:

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

Dr Aloy is sharing a knowledge today on "How to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read carefully and learn.

20% of social media users and online shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large or small money and it's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do.

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging apps (Telegram, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc).

2. Write out the full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scammer's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspect's account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.
Have this ever worked for anyone before?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by fasho01(m): 5:34am On Sep 23, 2021
G. O. A. T

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by emmabest2000(m): 5:34am On Sep 23, 2021
Messi's days in PSG are numbered if care is not taken

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by aluyapreston: 5:34am On Sep 23, 2021
dallex10:
LMFAO
I see ignorance from pendu fans everywhere.

Messi earns higher on the pitch than Ronaldo, Ronaldo only has more endorsement that's why.

No be small ignorance. Ronaldo fans don't read. They are intristically dull and make up the bigger population of people who voted Buhari and think the Vaccine is the Antichrist. I have been unfortunate to hear most of them talk and even being a Man United fan, I feel ashamed because they are mostly from my club.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:35am On Sep 23, 2021
bewla:
Lol
Same here

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:36am On Sep 23, 2021
Real GOAT

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by enemyofprogress: 5:38am On Sep 23, 2021
Ronaldo my name is progress, I am 47 years old, please come and adopt me as your sun

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking by YoungLionken(m): 5:39am On Sep 23, 2021
I didn't call names but only one chairman that I know...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Official Faints After Rival Scores First Goal During Match In Ibadan. Photos / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Algeria Clash / Kelechi Emeteole Hospitalized For Throat Cancer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.