Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,864 members, 7,806,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan (9177 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested / IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 27, 2011
X-factoria:

But this is not the first time Jonathan has said he does not believe in a 4-year tenure for the President and Vice President.

He mentioned it in one of the first sets of interviews he granted when he was sworn in as President after Yar'adua's death. He actually said he would prefer a 5 or 6years single tenor for the President. He impressed me particularly when he analyzed the issue thus:

The President spends the first year of his 4 year tenor satisfying political associates who helped him win election and only gets down to serious business late in the first year and then up to the 3rd year. By the time the fourth year comes, he is busy preparing for re-election which is a big distraction. A lot of the decisions he would take at that time would incorporate his desires to win re-election. So, in effect, the President only has about 2.5 - 3yrs to work!

I kind of share his view but 6yrs is too much and I think 5yrs single term is ideal.

Goodluck Jonathan is not a newbie to government. He's had experience at practically all levels of government, from deputy governor to governor, vice president and then President a full year before getting a new mandate. This excuse is probably because maybe he has come to a realisation he needs more than goodluck now.
His flaws were hidden when he portrayed himself as a no shoe, no bra, no pant candidate, now he wears shoes, and pants, hopefully no bras, he has no 'sad' story to deceive people with.

NOW HE'S ISSUING ULTIMATUMS, drop cement price, increase power, FREE SHARE or FRESH AIR, you decide
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2011
Ibime:

I think I have said enough about GEJ over the last year so right now Ima siddon look and let whatever happens happen.

Maybe he is putting his horrible performance in 1.5 years as Bayelsa Governor down to the need to "stabilise".

Buhari performed wonders in 2.5 years as PTF chairman; Amaechi and Fashola the same in their respective states in the same time period.

Of course, someone over-engaged in the machiavellian politics of settlement would have no time for governance.
dude, siddon look na dog name ohhh, oh ya action , fresh airrr cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by basadenet: 4:19pm On May 27, 2011
President Jonathan, only said 4 years is not enough to make necessary transformation. He did not say that he wants to stay more than 4yrs. After all he had already spent almost 3yrs in power already plus another 4yrs, so there will be no need for another term. what we Nigerians can do, is to continue praying for his Success.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 4:21pm On May 27, 2011
I had no shoes to wear
never dreamnt I will be president one day,

I also never believed I can make any impact in four years,
if I can make it, you too can
if I can't make any change in four years You too Can't,

I am GEJ
I am beaf

fresh air 2011,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 4:24pm On May 27, 2011
No shoe, No Bag,  Polluted AIR!!!
Thank God I did not vote this clueless fellow,

Excuses are nails used to build a house of failure, 
Bro. Jona jona STOP these paltry excuses that can't exonerate you.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by femmy2010(m): 4:25pm On May 27, 2011
Kx:

How long did fashola stay in power b4 recording massive transformation in lagos?

Tell me lagos is too small compared to the entire nation,
but cant the president solve at least power/energy issues in 4yrs for posterity?

With this expression of lack of belief, even 3terms wont be enof for GEJ.

You said it all.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 4:27pm On May 27, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

I had no shoes to wear
never dreamnt I will be president one day,

I also never believed I can make any impact in four years,
if I can make it, you too can
if I can't make any change in four years You too Can't,

I am GEJ
I am beaf
I am SEUN

fresh air 2011,

AS AMENDED!!! grin
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2011
I voted for GEJ and not PDP - Una see ur life now.

But come to think of it, must this chap talk? Senseless stuffs comes out from his mouth than any other thing.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by oldtime(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2011
I hope He does not mean that FOUR YEARS is too small to give us the constant Electricity which himself and his wife rode around with Billions promising Nigeria? If 4 years is too small, let him concentrate on finishing the major problem ELECTRICITY.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by reindeer: 4:33pm On May 27, 2011
grin
If we want any meaningful change, maybe we should allow the constitution be ammended to give 20 terms of 5years each to one president.
E like say at the rate jona dey work he will need all 20 to light one light bulb.
Tsssk!And we thought Yaradua was slow.
angry
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Eziachi: 4:33pm On May 27, 2011
kbdrim:

[Stop peddling rumours,he said many peole have said 4years is not enough to transform a country like nigeria,and he also believed it. Besides,do u have a problem if he decides to run.stop him if u can.]

Na so e dey start, afterall uptil today obj say he was not interested in 3rd term, remember jerry gana and mantu started it at the confab like a joke
Some of you will never learn and or understood how your leaders operate. His speech is all about testing the ground and see how people react and how himself and those behind him will go from here.
If everybody is given equal opportunity to govern among the socalled 150 milllion Nigerians, do you think each person will get  a minute to rule?
It is not rumour, it has happened before with Abacha/OBJ, still people like you cannot see the different between your left hand and your right hand.
How can he be talking about people telling him or believeing that time given him is short? The next move now will be- thousands of unknown groups crawling out begging him to continue.
I really laugh at Nigerians myopicness ad idiocy.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by duno: 4:34pm On May 27, 2011
Demdem:

I voted for GEJ and not PDP - Una see your life now.

But come to think of it, must this chap talk? Senseless stuffs comes out from his mouth than any other thing.

@ bolded, I tire for the man oh
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by duno: 4:40pm On May 27, 2011
Quote from: kbdrim on Today at 01:37:22 PM
[Stop peddling rumours,he said many peole have said 4years is not enough to transform a country like nigeria,and he also believed it. Besides,do u have a problem if he decides to run.stop him if u can.]

4 years may not be enough to transform the whole country but it sure is enough to make A CHANGE !. However our dear president said it is not enough to make ANY change - we have cause to fear for this country.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fxtopedia(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2011
duno:

@ bolded, I tire for the man oh

hmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by lukkie(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2011
This guy is going to be worse than Obasanjo. Just opens his mouth and spits rubbish. Nigeria is doomed!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by vinooh: 4:53pm On May 27, 2011
GJ is making sense here to be sincere 4yrs is not enough for any elected gvt to do something tangible,apart from that all this killing,tension,and westing money during election yr in nigeria is terrible. for me i think 6 0r 7 yrs of one term is good
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2011
^^^^ Shame on u. below is the best response for the gabbage you just spew

duno:

Quote from: kbdrim on Today at 01:37:22 PM

4 years may not be enough to transform the whole country but it sure is enough to make A CHANGE !. However our dear president said it is not enough to make ANY change - we have cause to fear for this country.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Kanana(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2011
Nigerians need patience for the needed transformation to happen.Better still we need to apply the Soviet type of governance so as to achieve the much talked about "fresh air". Thus elected/selected leaders of the country should be given a grace period of 4 yrs after which they most have figured out the problems of the country. Hence the 2nd tenure will be use to trnsform the nation.

Mind u soviet union and S/arabia adopted this and you can see where they are now (one in the history books and the other with no democrcy)
so lets trust Gej, remember he had no shoes and he cant betray your trust. Your vote 4 jona (and not pdp) will never be in vain. grin grin grin
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by joecrack(m): 5:16pm On May 27, 2011
I cant just imagine the hate towards gej from u guys,the fact remains for a leader to transform a nation,he needs the support of all,but no,you guys would insult and castigate him at every slight instance,some people are praying hard the man does not succeed,and yet they want to see transformation,how ironic.
Politics is over,devoid of ur political underpinning,cpc or acn,pls support the young chap as we move into the verge of 'fresh air'
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Demdem(m): 5:23pm On May 27, 2011
Support someone that has categorically told us that he cant acheive anything within 4yrs. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by LKRavitz(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2011
maybe 400 years will do  grin
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Reptyle(m): 5:42pm On May 27, 2011
Our President has gone baloney again!!!

He has not even started the first term and he is already flying the kite for a 2nd term!!!

Next you will have Reno Omokri, the presidential adviser on facebook affairs championing a "Youths Earnestly ask for GEJ" campaign on all social forums!!!

If that fails, they will ask for one-single term of 7 years to enable him "finish his good work."

Shey na like dis we go dey dey?? sad
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by sirp2007: 5:44pm On May 27, 2011
With tis GEJ insinuation,l hereby pontificate d following pple.1)abacha for wanting 2 rule 4 life, 2)lbb for refusing to hand over 2 Abiola, 3)Gadafi.4)mugagbe.5)mubarak.
u c y we hv sit tight rulers in africa, d clueless leaderS refuse 2 understand tht its not time they need 2 perform but brain.(roads where built in japan in less than 7days, obama uprooted usa no 1 enemy in his 1st tenure)
Somebody should help tune GEJ dstv from africa magic to national geography for him 2 see how far the world has progressed technologically ,l think he watches 2 much of nollywood movie because tht is where u see in 25yrs time and nothing has changed.change does nt take time it only requires believe, power can be fixed in less than 6 months all tht is needed is willingness.
If we called yar-adua of blessed memory go slow,then GEJ is HOLD UP.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2011
I agree with mr president on this point and i think his words are been purposely misinterpreted for the purpose of malignment.four years in office is definitely not enough to make very serious changes in a nation like nigeria.that however does not mean mr president seeks an elongation of tenure.he was simply stating a reality.barack obama made a similar statement as regards the economy when he confessed that the result of the reforms his administration has put in place might not be visible till long after he has left office.i recall an interview former president jimmy carter granted where he confessed that the only thing he would have loved to change about his life would have been to extend his tenure by 24hours so he could have received khomeini's hostages from iran.no matter how efficient a president is,four years isnt enough anywhere in the world talkless of nigeria.i believe president jonathan intends to keep his word by serving just one term hence his confession that the four years would be inadequte.it now behoves on we as nigerians to make sure we elect someone capable of continuing from wherever jonathan stops.i hope fashola runs in 2015
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by fineboy200: 5:54pm On May 27, 2011
ALL YA GEJ HATERS ARE NOTHING BUT BUNCH OF LOOSERS WHO DONT HAVE BRAINS. WHEN A WHITE MAN SAYS READ MEANING INTO WORDS DOES IT MEAN YOU SHLD COMMENT STUPIDLY JUST TO MAKE A POINT. IF YOU DONT LIKE GEJ GO TO HELL, LEAVE THIS NATION FOR US. SIMPLE. NONSENSE.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by aljharem3: 6:08pm On May 27, 2011
I think jonathan is making sense here
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 27, 2011
22,000,000 voters voted for GEJ not PDP
22,000,000 didn't see Jonathan's pic on the ballot paper
22,000,000 plessed their thumb on umblella

BUT ELECTIONS HAVE ENDED

So
150M NIGERIANS will now receive the plessing of their thumbs

Now Anti-GEJ supporters keep quiet?

No, we won't. God forbid we see wrong and call it right. We'll be on GEJ's back. We'll be hard to please, because we didn't vote for PDP because of their ineptitude, incompetence, arrogance and thievery. We won't be coerced to support one who won on their platform, and shows no signs of being the sheep among the wolves. We won't keep quiet because the elections were over, that was the battle not the war.

So GEJ supporters, you'd better bear with us for the next four years. We'll be on your man's backside cos Nigerians are tired of excuses. Don't attack us, just pray your man performs. He need not fulfill his electoral 'pro-misses', just give POWER TO THE PEOPLE,
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Yorubaman2: 6:25pm On May 27, 2011
Nigerians grin deserves Goodluck  - I have no shoes, book and i promise you will not have light
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by tlops(m): 6:52pm On May 27, 2011
It is true, he'll need a "third" term to near any tip of performance!!
However, he forgets he has to earn any next "term" (One good term deserves another).
No möre pity/luck!

Goodluck Nigeria!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Adekay2011: 6:56pm On May 27, 2011
gOD HAS ALREADY SAID THOUGH HE WILL WIN THE ELECTION HE IS GOING TO TAKE 3/4 OF THE COUNTRY'S WEALTH AND LEAVE US WITH 1/4.
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by Olaisrich(m): 7:07pm On May 27, 2011
32 yrs was not enough for MOBUTU SESEKO, 42 yrs was not enough for GADDAFI,
30 yrs was not enough for BEN AHLY,heheeeee! i dey laugh oooo!
Re: Four-year Term Short, Says Jonathan by oderemo(m): 7:12pm On May 27, 2011
GJ is making sense here to be sincere 4yrs is not enough for any elected gvt to do something tangible,apart from that all this killing,tension,and westing money during election yr in nigeria is terrible. for me i think 6 0r 7 yrs of one term is good

y dont u tell him to xtend it to 10yrs. after so many yrs as v.p, acting president, this man must at least have his own agenda in mind and probly how to execute them . i think this is a lame xcuse for his non performance so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy / Enugu Teachers Back Governor Ugwuanyi's Second Tenure / Armsgate: Court Threatens To Issue Bench Warrant For Ex-pdp Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.